Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anita YadavYour feedback matters!
I do sex with my boyfriend on 25 april 2016 without using any precautions and my bf ejaculate his sperms out of my vagina and then I do sex on 1st may and 5th may and take contraceptive pills but my periods date was 8th may and I do not get periods. So, is there are chances to get pregnant please tell me I am so afraid of it.
I want to ask question from you if I will pregnant so which type precautions I took and How much drink mothersmilk.
I had an intercourse 3 wiks before but took ipill within 60 hours of pregnancy amd my mensuration date was on 11. But till now not happened. Is this a sign of pregnancy?
5 surprising foods a health conscious person should never eat
Most people are aware that they need to avoid the usual starch or gluten rich foods, like bread, burgers or noodles. What most people fail to see is that some foods that are supposedly healthy end up doing more harm than good. If you do want to have a healthy diet, you have to forgo the following convenient foods that appear healthy.
The box of muesli that you bought thinking that it is healthy has around 500 calories per serving! additional sugar is what makes most commercially available muesli palatable. You might as well eat a plain doughnut if you are going to consume the amount of calories that each serving of muesli offers.
2. Energy bars
Many people mistakenly feel that energy bars fall under health food. In reality, energy bars are loaded with processed soy along with high quantities of sugar and salt. While being processed the soy loses most of its nutritional values and ends up producing a chemical called hexane. Hexane is highly controversial since in certain doses it is a neurotoxin.
3. Light yoghurt
The selling point of light yoghurt is that it cuts down on the calorie content of the yoghurt. What most people fail to see is that when the calories are stripped from the yoghurt it does not remain flavourful. To make it palatable, artificial flavours are added. These additional chemicals negate the point of opting for light yoghurt in the first place.
Unless you are making your own salad you cannot be certain of how healthy it is. When you buy a pre-packed salad or order salads at restaurants you are not exactly ordering healthy. To enhance the taste of the salads a lot of unhealthy additions, especially in the form of dressings, are made which exterminate the whole point of having a salad in the first place.
5. Store-bought smoothies
You might be putting in nothing but the right fruits and vegetables into your homemade smoothie. Do not expect the store bought ones to be the same. To enhance the flavours, a lot of additional elements go into the product. Some smoothies that you buy can even have up to 1000 calories which you unknowingly intake.
If you do want to have a healthy diet and include these foods then it is best to prepare them at home. Keep track of what you are eating without blindly trusting the labels on the boxes.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I'm 45 days pregnant and my weight is 67 kg S it normal during pregnancy are should I lose my weight S it good fr my baby please suggest me.
Ageing gracefully is a matter of taking care of the signs of ageing as they begin their advent over our skin, hair and body. While many people turn to the regular use of cosmetics and creams, there are others who go in for regular visits to the salon for various kinds of facials and other such methods. Yet, there are other long-term and more effective methods of dealing with these signs of ageing that may show up on the skin. With the advent of technology in this matter, we now have cosmetic surgery that can help you in dealing with these signs of ageing.
Let us find out about the brow lift surgery
What is it about
This kind of surgery is usually carried out to correct the sagging skin of the forehead, which may eventually manifest as deep wrinkles. This surgery also takes care of the surrounding area like the eyelids and the eyebrows. It has been seen that many people go in for this kind of surgery when they are getting their nose fixed with a cosmetic procedure.
Procedure of Brow lift
There are two kinds of brow lifts that one can choose from, the classic brow lift and the endoscopic brow lift. While the classic lift involves one long cut that goes from your ear level across your hairline, the endoscopic lift needs a few shorter cuts in the scalp, through which a tiny camera may be inserted for the procedure. This involves better recovery and minimal scarring as well. Before the surgery, you may be asked to limit your use of painkillers, if you happen to take them on a regular basis. The doctor will also ask you make a few lifestyle changes where you need to give up smoking, in case you indulge in the same on a regular basis.
Recovery: After the procedure, you will need to keep plenty of ice on hand so that you may apply the same to bring down the pain and bruising. There will be some amount of redness that you may experience for a few days and weeks as well. The cosmetic surgeon may also prescribe some medicated ointments for application to the incisions. You will also have to keep your head elevated with the use of pillows so that you can recover faster. Also, your doctor will instruct you on how best you can change your bandages at home.
Make up: After a brow lift, you may want to use some amount of makeup to cover up the bruising and redness. Yet, you should stay away from these harsh chemicals and too many layers of makeup in order to, give your skin enough time to recover. A light powder will be sufficient to cover up the bruises and keep your skin comfortable. Use make up only a few weeks after the surgery.
Metabolic Bone Disease is a term used for various conditions of the bones that can be caused by a number of different disorders. Most of these disorders are developed due to nutritional deficiencies, defects in the bone metabolism procedure or due to hereditary defects in the skeletal structure. Conditions that fall under the category are osteoporosis, osteomalacia, rickets, Paget's disease, parathyroid conditions, chemotherapy induced bone loss and menopause induced bone loss.
Causes of Metabolic Bone Diseases:
- Imbalance in the level of calcium : Too much calcium or too little calcium can cause bone diseases. While the overabundance of calcium (hypercalcemia) in the body will lead to calculi formation, which can be harmful for the body, the lack of calcium (hypocalcemia) causes weakness, bone pain and restricted growth.
- Deficiency of phosphorus: Low phosphorus in blood (hypophosphatemia) leads to softening of the bone tissue and bone loss. Osteomalacia is commonly caused by phosphorus deficiencies.
- Deficiency of Vitamin D: Vitamin D is essential for the body to absorb calcium. Cells called osteoblasts need vitamin D in order to absorb calcium and secrete the bone tissue proteins. A deficiency of vitamin D can lead to a number of metabolic bone diseases like rickets and osteoporosis.
- Over or under secretion of the parathyroid hormone:The parathyroid hormone (PTH) stimulates the secretion of an enzyme, which converts the inactive circulatory form of vitamin D into its active usable form. The hormone can also increase the circulation of free or ionized calcium (Ca2+), which is not attached to proteins. Both underproduction and overproduction of the hormone causes skeletal problems.
Symptoms of Metabolic Bone Diseases:
The symptoms of most of the Metabolic Bone Diseases are similar, such as
- A dull, throbbing pain in the bones is the most common symptom. The pain is frequent and lasts for a long amount of time, but unlike muscular pain, the exact region of bone pain cannot be specified.
- Severe joint pains accompanied by stiffness and swelling of the joints. The patient experience pain during regular physical activities, especially during cold weather conditions.
- Frequent fractures are caused by most bone diseases because the bone mineral density decreases drastically. Severe bone injury may be caused by mild trauma.
- Defects in the bones can cause bowed out legs and a bent backbone.
- A general feeling of exhaustion is often caused by bone diseases.
- Kidney stones are an associated complication of metabolic bone diseases.
A nose surgery (rhinoplasty) is performed to alter the structure and shape of your nose and improve its function and or appearance. Here are a few things you should know about nose surgeries:
Consult your doctor: Before deciding on undergoing a nose surgery, talk with your doctor regarding issues with your nose. Your doctor will check your problems and judge whether or not surgery is a feasible option. It is only with your doctor's confirmation that you should go for the surgery.
- The surgery is done either with local anesthesia (your nose and surrounding areas will be numbed) or general anesthesia (you will fall asleep).
- The surgeon will make incisions in your nostrils and base of the nose and alter the shape, structure and position of the cartilages in your nose for appealing shape and better functionality. Polyp removal is also done by rhinoplasty.
Recovery after the surgery: You will be required to wear a nose splint. You can expect swelling around the eyes, which will begin to subside after the third day. Swelling in the nose will go away after six months. Therefore, do not expect to see your results immediately, final condition of your nose will be apparent after the recovery period is over. You should avoid strenuous activity for 3 to 6 weeks. Do not smoke or drink alcohol during recovery. Smoking slows recovery time and alcohol reduces normal effects of drugs.
Will you develop scars? As with all cosmetic procedures, rhinoplasty can leave scars.
Closed rhinoplasty: Incisions are made inside the nostrils and hence there is no scarring.
Open rhinoplasty: An additional cut is made along the columella and this may result in scarring. However, the position of the scar is such that it is almost unnoticeable.
Risks: Any surgical procedure has certain risks. These risks associated with nose surgery include:
- Adverse effect to anesthesia
- Unfavorable outcomes
- Visible scarring
- Difficulty breathing
- Chronic nosebleeds
- A perforated septum
- Burst blood vessels
- Nervous damage
- Possibility of revision surgery