Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anita Mahajan
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anita MahajanYour feedback matters!
I had a lover. We both have sex on 22/1/2017 and she got monthly menses as usual on 11/2/2017, and she didn't get her 3rd month menses till now. Is there any chance of pregnancy? Help me plz.
I am 25 years old girl. I have a PCOD problem I take metformin tablet from 2013 but no improvement. My right and left ovary size is 11 cc and 12.5 cc. What can I do? Is that any permanent solution.
While nosebleeds are a common problem that most people would have faced at some time or the other in their life, summer is a testing time for many. It is during summers that the nosebleed worsens and people tend to look for ways to manage it. It could be spontaneous, and they may suddenly feel something watery running down their nose, only to touch and see blood on their hands. Though it sounds scary, it is a common problem that many people relate to.
There are two main types of nosebleeds (epistaxis being the medical term) – anterior and posterior. Both occur due to rupture of the blood vessels in the anterior or posterior part of the nose. These blood vessels are extremely fragile and tiny and prone to easy rupture.
- External trauma or punch in the face
- High blood pressure
- Extreme cold
- Higher Altitudes
- People taking blood thinners
The connection between summers and nosebleeds
We all know that summer brings the dry weather with it. The nose has a protective moist lining, which helps to trap dust particles from the air as they pass through the nose. During summer, given the dry weather, this wet lining stays relatively dry, leading to rupture of the underlying vessels. When noticed, the vessels underlying the mucosa are very fragile and as the dryness increases and the warmth increases, they can easily rupture and bleed.
Summers are also known to increase the incidence of allergies, which again are a cause for nosebleeds. The amount of pollen circulating in the air can be linked to the increase in allergies, which in turn leads to increased nosebleeds. Low humidity in the summer months further adds to the dryness of the mucosa, again worsening the bleeding. What to do? Once you realize you are prone to increased nosebleeds during summer, follow the tips below:
- Avoid direct sunlight for prolonged periods of time. While it is not feasible to completely avoid sunlight, it is definitely possible to avoid being out in the sun for long hours at a stretch.
- Use an umbrella so your head is covered and the nose is not directly hit by the sun.
- Keep yourself hydrated and drink lots of water and/or juices
- Wash your nose with cold water
- Use saline nasal rinses to keep the nasal mucosa moist and healthy
- Dip a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar to control the bleeding by inducing clotting
- Use an ice pack on the external nose to keep it cool and moist
- A few drops of lemon juice squeezed into the nostrils when lying down also helps control bleeding.
Hello Dr. I am suffering from breast pain for few days my left breast is paining and there are some lump also I have one year baby also Is anything dangerous? Should I feed her milk or not? Is it safe for my baby or not?
At Home Penis Enlarging Tricks
Amidst all the claims about getting a bigger penis, there remains a few tried and true at home penis enlarging methods that really do work. These "tricks" as I like to call them, can get you looking bigger very quickly.
You have likely come across penis pills promising massive size gains, and maybe you have seen some of the various penis enlargement contraptions that are out there. Neither of these have the best track records for actually delivering noticeable size results.
Besides, you can actually get bigger by employing a few methods which you can perform in the privacy of your own home. And, you can do them on your own without needing any supplements or contraptions. These tricks will bring about bigger size, in relatively little time.
Let's take a look:
1. Pubic Hair Trimming/Shaving. You may have heard of this one, but likely you have heard only of the "shaving" method, which essentially involves shaving the pubic hairs to the point where there is nothing left but your member. This uncovers a lot of "extra penis" which would normally get covered up by the pubes.
Now a twist on this method, is simply "trimming" the pubic hairs. That is, leaving a certain amount of hair down there, while trimming all around the base to bring out your maximum size. The advantage to this method is that it looks much more natural. With shaving it is obvious what you've done. With trimming, it is much more subtle.
Either way, if you haven't tried this trick before you will be amazed at the results at how bigger your penis will appear. It truly does make a noticeable size difference.
2. Tugging. This is very handy when you have a date and you are about to have sex. By gently stretching or tugging on your penis and holding it out stretched for a moment, you will extend the glans and allow more blood to flow, thus creating larger size.
Now this is not an "erection" you are going for. This is simply tugging your penis in the flaccid state, and having it remain in that state so that you appear naturally large. Some men believe that pre-tugging does in fact lead to a harder and longer looking erection when it is time. Many male adult film actors have a ritual of pre-tugging so as to appear as large as possible when the camera starts to roll.
3. Warming up the Penis. This is a great way to get quick size. When you warm up the penis you are creating a blood flow increase, thus filling the penis with blood and creating bigger penis size. The most common way to warm up the penis is with warm water. You can either take a rag or wash cloth, get it warm with water, and then wrap it around your member, keeping it there for a few moments. Or, you can simply take a warm to hot shower and direct the water towards your penis, holding it there until size increase occurs.
This latter method is great for the shower room if you want to look as big as possible after practice or gym class. Otherwise, you can always keep a hand towel handy for when you have a date over, retire to the bathroom for a moment and warm it up with water, wrapping it around the penis, and then come out with some impressive size.
Whichever method you choose, keep in mind that the outcome is not going to be permanent size results. While you will get your penis larger, it will only be a temporary size increase. For permanent size gains your best bet would be to follow a jelqing exercise routine. This would be similar to tugging, except the regimen would take longer and would be performed in a semi-erect state rather than a flaccid state.
I am 18 weeks pregnant women. Last week I had cervix cerclage due to amniotic fluid leakage. My doctor advised to take rest for 3-4 days. Now after 7 days of cerclage today I feel the water leaking. Is it possible to leak amniotic fluid after taking stitches.
Whenever my husband make relation (intercourse) with me I feel itchy (jalan). Like somebody pour something like chilly. And I am unable to make relation with him please send me the remedy or how to get rid of this. I shall be thankful to you.
Prenatal vitamins are designed to deliver an extra dose of the essential nutrients a woman needs to support her growing baby. The most crucial nutrient in early pregnancy is folate, which is often lacking in the standard American and Indian diet but plays a vital role in the development of the baby's brain and spinal cord.Cooking especially the way Indians do can damage major part of folate being heat labile
Other useful nutrients in prenatal vitamins include:
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin D
- Vitamins B12 and B6
These vitamins help to nourish your body and provide essential nutrients that may be lacking in your diet, especially if your pregnancy has made you a fussy eater or morning sickness has limited what you can keep down. A multivitamin allows you to absorb nutrition quickly and pass the benefits along to your developing baby.
Choosing the Best Prenatal Vitamin
Over-the-counter vitamins are plentiful in drug stores, supplement stores and even grocery stores. Knowing what to look for can help you choose the right brand for your budget and your needs.
Here are things to consider:
- Skip the prescription. Prescription-based prenatal vitamins aren't much different from what you can buy over the counter, but they can be much more expensive.
- Choose only tested and vetted products. Because vitamins are considered supplements, they are not vetted by the FDA. For the best results, choose a vitamin brand that has been approved by an independent regulator, like NSF International. This will ensure that the product has been quality tested.
- Prioritize folate. Folate, or folic acid, is the most important nutrient in prenatal vitamins and is one of the things that makes prenatal vitamins different from other multi-vitamins. You'll want a dose between 400 and 1,000 micrograms of folate.
- Look for minimal ingredient lists. Some supplements will be packed with extra "junk" ingredients that act as fillers or binders. Try to minimize your consumption of things like artificial colors, talc, magnesium silicate, titanium dioxide and carmine. These ingredients add no value to the supplement and can potentially pose toxicity problems if taken in too high a dose.
You may also wish to purchase supplements made with all-natural ingredients rather than synthetic nutrients. Food-based nutrients may be somewhat easier to digest and gentler on your stomach than synthetic vitamins. You can review the packaging to determine how and where ingredients are sourced, allowing you to make the right choice for your needs.
Saving Money on Prenatal Vitamins
For many women, cost is an important factor in choosing the right supplement. Because it's recommended that women start taking prenatal vitamins before they start trying to conceive and then throughout pregnancy, you're looking at up to a year or more of vitamin usage. For this reason, you'll want to choose something easy on your pocket book without sacrificing quality.
You can also help your vitamins to be more effective by supplementing them with a healthy diet of natural whole foods. Avoid taking your supplements on an empty stomach, and be sure to discuss any specific nutritional concerns or questions you may have with your doctor.