Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Paralysis
Submit a review for Dr. Anandi LalYour feedback matters!
My dad is parkinson patient and recently was in tube feeding and yesterday the tube was removed and he can eat from mouth while eating from mouth he should not cough else the food will go to his lungs to avoid this neurologist suggested us for a speech therapist is there any medicine or execersise to swallow his food without coughing please suggest.
It is the most common problem seen in society today. A migraine is a common neurological condition characterised by a headache, but some people have associated symptoms of eye and ear.
Classic symptoms of a migraine:
- Severe throbbing headache on one side of head
- Nausea and vomiting
- Sensitivity to light and noise.
- Prefer quite a dark room to sleep
- Sensitivity to motion
- Muffled hearing
- Ear fullness
- Ringing in the ear or tinnitus
Causes of a migraine:
Migraine headaches probably relate to both abnormal discharges in cells within the brain and to the construction of the walls of the blood vessels in and around the brain. But the exact cause of a migraine is not known. Following are the provocating factors which make the condition worse
- Hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar)
- Stress altered sleep patterns
- Diet fast food, oily food, processed food
- Chocolates, cheeses
- Coffee sodas with caffeine
Factors related to a migraine
- More common in women than men
- Symptoms are often worse during menstruation
- Family history
- Avoid food, which triggers migraines e.g. Chocolate, alcohol, cheese, oily, spicy, junk and processed food
- Relaxation exercise
- Stress management
- During menstrual period decrease the salt intake and take some diuretic
- Ibruphen for pain after meal
- Other treatment with the advice of neuro physician e.g.
- Beta blockers agents
- Calcium channel blockers
- Tricyclic antidepressants
- Seratonergic agents
- Gabapantin or neurontin
- Acetazolamides or diamox
- Sodium valporate or depakots
- Oxycarbazapine or trieptal
I am having migraine problem since one and a half year. Suggest me the best home remedies and exercises.
I currently weigh 103 kg and go for 30 mins brisk Walking daily. I need a vegetarian diet plan to shed the extra kilos as I am also an epilepsy patient.
Sir i am trying to sleep from last 4 days but cannot sleep fr a second. I have my usual time for sleeping is 2 am. But last 4 days I am trying to sleep but not single things working.
Is there an increased risk of migraine for women who choose to take estrogen for menopausal symptoms?
Depression is a clinical, mental and emotional condition that may give rise to feelings of hopelessness and chronic sadness. It slows down the way people process everyday activities and leads the patient to a sense of constant gloom and doom. It is a disabling mental condition as per who and may be caused due to reasons like genetics, changes in the balance of hormones, stress, grief, trauma and prolonged, chronic physical ailments.
Symptoms of depression are:
- Sleep irregularity: It relates to either insomnia or oversleeping that is, either you sleep too much or do not sleep at all. This could be because of work or other stress in your personal or professional life.
- Irritation or unnecessarily getting angry: You start losing your temper easily and that too for silly reasons. You think you are losing control.
- Feeling hopeless and sad: The first signal or symptom is the feeling of hopelessness. In this, case the patient loses the hope in everything. They feel like being trapped in some kind of cage, from which they are not able to come out.
- Lack of interest in anything: Everything seems to be of no use or interest, even your daily work. You don't want to do anything; even the things, which you loved to do like your hobbies and passions, which you no longer find interesting.
Here is a comprehensive list of homeopathic medicines which most doctors are likely to recommend for treating depression:
- Sepia: This medicine is beneficial to women suffering from post-partum depression (sadness or emotional conflict after giving birth) and menopause. Feeling of solitude and hopelessness with no energy to continue with life are some common symptoms that can be reduced with Sepia.
- Arsenicum album: This medicine is prescribed to control the symptoms like diarrhea, gastric problems, indigestion which patients often suffer from as a result of intense anxiety. Patients, appropriate for this medicine tend to be fastidious and restless. It is made of white arsenic and should be taken in prescribed potency because an overdose can cause gastroenteritis.
The above mentioned medicines are just some of the medicines, which should only be taken only after consulting your doctor, as causes and symptoms differ for each person.
Sometimes it is the simplest things that can really amp up your marriage, sleeping naked is one of those simple things you can do to improve your marriage.
First off sleeping naked is quite freeing both physically and psychologically. Baring yourself while you sleep with your spouse builds trust both physically (oxytocin is thanked for this) and psychologically.
The act of sleeping naked is simply sexy and appealing to your partner.
That skin to skin feeling also makes you feel sexy. Skin on skin contact releases the hormone oxytocin which increases the feelings of comfort.
This may put you in the mood for sex.
Oxytocin has other benefits as well like making you feel more aroused, increasing feelings of trust, lowers heart rate, reduces blood pressure and simply makes you more ready for sexual interaction.
Of course healthy spouses are happy spouses. Sleeping naked has been scientifically proven to improve health.
Being close to your spouse and cuddling while you sleep is actually beneficial your health.
Your skin can absorb more nutrients.
Your metabolism will also improve because your body will have to work while you sleep to maintain that healthy body temperature of 98.6.
For both men and women sleeping naked allows their genitals to “air out”. Your genitals are covered up all day, everyday which makes it an ideal environment for the overgrowth of yeast and bacteria which can lead to infection and discomfort.
More sound sleep equals less overall stress.
Feeling less stressed means less arguing and nit picking in marriages.
You may not believe it, but having a lower body temperature while you sleep actually helps you to rest better.
This is also an ideal environment for the anti-aging hormones to do their job.
Sleeping naked is also fun. What better way to end the day than to be skin to skin with your spouse.
It is an intimate way to sleep and will make you feel closer to your spouse.
The skin to skin contact is a great way to get that intimate alone time that you cannot get anywhere else.
There have been nights when we go to bed exhausted and yet we are naked. Through out the night we are touching a feeling each other.
As a new day arrives and the house is quiet we find the perfect time to enjoy one another sexual and start our day off on the right track.
Free yourself from wearing clothes at night! Sleeping naked is a empowering situation for both of you!