Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anand SinghYour feedback matters!
14 months baby have severe cough in chest. Cough is not getting loose. Baby is not even eating anything she is completely on breast feeding. Please help what to do.
My 2.5 months old baby girl while breast feeding, milk comes from nose. This is happening from last one week. Please suggest.
My son is suffering from urine infection. Doctor says his right kidney size is small due to infection and they suggest a MCS test to check the urine flow below or above, then please tell me a right way. Thanks.
My 5 month old son is crying whole night might be due to low feed. I want to start bottle milk. Pls guide me which milk I can start 1. Amul full cream/toned 2. Nestle protein or any else.
Symptoms and Treatment for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
I’m Dr. Prashant Shah, a psychiatrist from Ghatkopar, Mumbai. Today I am going to speak about Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder also known as ADHD. ADHD as the name suggests the full form is Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. This is a common disorder seen in children and adolescence and at times may extend also into adult life. The common features of this problem are diminished attention, hyperactivity, and impulsivity. As I said earlier, it is most commonly seen in children and adolescents, the usual complaints will be from the parents and teachers. The parents and teachers will complain that these children have difficulty sustaining attention, they are hyperactive and they are impulsive in their day to day activities.
Sustaining attention means that these children cannot sustain or carry out any particular task to the end. They get bored very easily, they will lose interest, they may want to start many activities; they will say that they want to join this activity, they want to do this thing but then halfway down the line they will get bored, and they will stop doing that activity. They would have difficulty in focusing which will result in making careless mistakes in their works, in their calculations, in their day to day works, in their homework. They will be making careless mistakes because they cannot just focus on what they are doing. They get distracted very easily. The teachers will complain that in the school when the teacher is teaching they are looking out of the window or they are speaking with other children. They will drop down their pencil, eraser, and maybe make mischief with other children. Many times there are younger children; they are always on the go. They cannot sit in one place. They are not in their seat; they are roaming around in the class; they talk excessively; they will blurt out answers; they are forgetful; they will not mention about homework or assignment which has been given to them or the project work which has been given. They will inform their parents just at the last minute and then everything will have to be rushed. They will forget or they will misplace their books. Their clothes will be in disarray at home if you visit their room. Everything will be like it is not in its place. They cannot wait for their turn. Now all these are problems which the children-parents pick up.
What is the effect of this on the children? Because of this kind of behavior they are labeled as mischievous. They are the ones who get pointed out whenever something goes wrong in the class. They will be the first ones to be signaled out and given punishment. And at times maybe it is not their fault also but because they show this kind of behavior they are labeled as mischievous and it is they who get the punishment. Everyone ridicules them for this kind of behavior. Even the parents punish them. This will lead to many times frustration, decreased confidence which in turn affects their school performance. Many times this results in deviantju8 behavior. In adolescence if we go on to see this may result in risk-taking behavior, seeking novelties and at times in drug-addiction also.
Now, what can be done about this?
As I said earlier it is a neuro-developmental disorder, we do not know as psychiatry illnesses, we don’t know what the causes are of this illness or why does this illness occur. It may range from genetic to neurological to psychopharmic or neuro-developmental problems in the brain. But what is good is that treatment options are available. So what treatment options are there for ADHD? They are both pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatments available. Usually for children less than five years initially we advise non-pharmacological treatment. This non-pharmacological treatment is occupation therapy and sensory integration where depending upon the severity of the problem, children are called for occupation therapy sessions, parents maybe also given some home programme which they can carry out at home and this results in improvement. The improvement is slow but carried out religiously, diligently by the parents for a period of 1 year to two years this definitely is going to show improvement.
In other children or if the problems are severe enough, we do start medicines. In children parents are hesitant to start medicines and that too from a psychiatrist. But believe me there are good medicines available for ADHD, they do show response, there are no major side effects. The groups of medicines that are available are stimulants or non-stimulants. Stimulants are the first choice of drugs, usually we start with a low dose, so that the child can tolerate the dose, there is no side effect and then we gradually build up the dose so that the improvement is seen. Even if there is some side effect there is minor side effect which can be always taken care of. It is not that there is only one drug available, the child is not responding, we can definitely shift to some other. But the thing to understand is that treatment is required. This ADHD can be controlled and if the signs and symptoms of ADHD are controlled then the child’s performance is definitely going to improve. It will not only reflect in the child’s studies but also overall development of the child. So it is for the parents and teachers working in this field to find out these kinds of children who maybe having this problem and refer them for treatment.
Thank you. For any further enquiries you can always get me to me through Lybrate
This is a message or an important information to convey you, though I know that you love your children the most, but there are certain real facts, if you are unaware then, this tip will help you think and judge to save your children from leading a spoiled life. In fact I know that all of you do expect their children to lead a happy, good and a peaceful life, but you miss certain facts because of your busy schedule and commitments.
- Having children brings an increased sense of meaning into family life. Gives parents the reason for living, though there is marital conflict as well.
- Motherhood is by very nature a" giving job" because a mother's love and care is expressed physically (hug, kiss, touch), emotionally (laugh, cry and smile), mentally and spiritually to their children.
- Nurturing of the mother and how much time she gives to her child is very important, because the way the child is cared, loved and trained will make the child the best citizen of the country and to the society as well with all the good qualities.
- It puts too much pressure on your kids. Being a kid is really hard, because a kid is very innocent and helpless, because they cannot do, think or judge what is good and what is bad when they are too young.
- Their family are their blood relatives (parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts and uncles who are blood relatives of their parents are their role models, heroes and heroines in their life, which they tend to dream and react when they observe.
Do you remember parents? the society you lived was safe and not very bad as these days. Your childhood days was much safer than what it is now.
- Do not believe a 3rd person (maid/caretaker) to be the body guard/security to your innocent child to take care or teach them in a positive way.
- Good relationship with each and every kid is very very important so do not leave your kid in the hands of a 3rd person, who will handle them in a very sadist or cruel way physically abuse, or verbally abuse or at least emotionally or mentally.
- Do not run behind money then, you will lose your kid's happiness, peace and good future.
- Maid/caretaker will shatter your dreams and your kid will be a spoiled kid with all the bad qualities and bad habits, which you may or may not be aware of.
- Kids almost of all age groups do need privacy, while passing urine or even when passing faeces. They are more comfortable only with their close relatives to help them clean or handle them in this situation and not a third person, maid, or a caretaker. Though they cannot communicate, their eyes and facial expressions do mean the same.
- When left with a maid/caretaker or a 3rd person, they are forced in a situation to watch videos, pictures or television not suitable to their age so just imagine what will be registered in your kid's mind at a very young age and what will be the impact be in the future
- Maid/caretaker or a 3rd person may be of good nature or may not be. When they are left alone to handle your poor little kids who are helpless enough to say" no daddy or no mummy, I want you to be with me, because I am afraid to stay without you, I do not want this 3rd person. I very badly want you mom and dad please" they do cry and crave for you parents if not communicated, their eyes and facial expressions do mean the same.
- The maid's/a caretaker's or a 3rd person's character or mood or emotions tend to change because of selfishness, lack of humanity or jealousy, because of these nature, the way they handle your little one would-be very bad, which will definitely spoil your child to the maximum extent they can.
I would like to convey through this health feed that.
" please do not run behind money, which will not bring peace or happiness in your life when your kid is spoiled, internally depressed and tortured emotionally without your knowledge when left in the hands of a wrong person.
- My advice would be that any one of the parents should stay along with them or at least their close aunt or grandparents, till the kid is able to communicate well with you about their experiences or emotions to you. If you think your life, world and happiness is your kid then, do not leave them under the care or in the hands of a wrong person.
- Do allow your kids to grow with their loved ones, good environment, and give them the privacy and their rights.
- Their rights and need is they want only your love, care and security.
- Save your kid by sacrificing your wants or desires for them by staying along with them till they are old enough to handle themselves.
- The way they are brought up or grown up will make them a good citizen to the country and a good person to the society with all the good qualities.
- Respect your child's rights and privacy.
Is cyclopam safe for baby of a year old if he has stomach ache with smelly potty. Potty is little watery too 3 to 4 times a baby. Please tell.
Hi Feeding interval to follow in order to feed my 1 month son. Currently we are feeding him 3 to 4 hours interval.
How many months can we give breastfeeding to babies. My baby is 9 months old and I am planning to stop breastfeeding to her because people say longer you give breastfeeding you get back pain because I have gone through cesarean delivery. Is it true.?
My son is of 6 years and he is not look healthy. As he is sharp and quick in everything but look very weak. Please suggest me.
My friend son is going to reach his first birthday on September 1st. But his weight is 12kg now. So only for past one month he is moving. Now he is able to stand for ten seconds but due to his weight he sits down immediately. By holding hands he is able to walk. When will he walk on his own? is his weight normal?
Hello doctors good evening. This was my first baby and my delivery was cesarean. She was only 2.25 kg at birth. She was in incubator for 10 days. My girl baby was 10 months old. I dont have self feeding after 3 months. From 4 th month I gave her bottlemilk only. From 8 th month I am giving her rice dhal & carrot. Last ten days she was not eating food and drinking milk properly. I need to feed her nutrition rich diet and drinks to keep her healthy. Kindly guide me. Thanking you.
I am a boy with 16 years Tell me about that ejaculation is good for me or not And is affect my health and my weight.
Typhoid is an infectious bacterial fever with an eruption of red spots on the chest and abdomen and severe intestinal irritation, brought about by the Salmonella typhi bacteria. It can also be brought about by Salmonella paratyphi, a related bacterium that generally causes a less extreme sickness. The bacteria are stored in water or in the food by a human carrier and are then spread to other individuals around them.
There are many ways to avoid typhoid fever:
- Vaccination: Take one dose of the vaccine one week before travelling. The other is given orally in four cases, with one container to be taken every alternate day. Neither one of the vaccines is 100% effective. Both require repetitive immunisation since the effect of vaccines diminishes over time.
- Washing your hands: Frequently washing your hands in hot, soapy water is the most ideal approach to control contamination. Wash before eating or cooking food and after using the toilet. Use a hand sanitiser in cases where water isn't accessible.
- Drinking clean water: There are a few ways in which you can avoid getting typhoid fever spread by contaminated water.
- Abstain from drinking untreated water.
- Contaminated drinking water is a specific issue in areas where typhoid fever is endemic. Thus, drink only boiled or filtered water, or canned or packaged carbonated drinks.
- Carbonated filtered water is more secure than non-carbonated filtered water.
- Request drinks without ice.
- Use filtered water to brush your teeth and try not to swallow water in the shower.
- Clean water can get contaminated again in case it is not put away securely.
- Store the clean drinking water in a container with a little opening and use it within four hours.
- Staying away from raw fruits and vegetables: Maintain a strategic distance from crude foods grown in the ground. Since crude produce may have been washed away in water, maintain distance from products of the soil that you cannot peel, particularly lettuce. To be totally protected, you might need to stay away from street food completely.
- Cooking: Pick hot foods. Keep away from food that is put away or served at room temperature. Steaming hot nourishments are ideal. Also, in spite of all precautions, there is no assurance that the food served at the finest restaurants is safe for your health. It is best to stay away from foods served by street side vendors. Completely cook all meats, fish and vegetables. Eat them while they are still hot.
- Washing: Wash your dishes and utensils with proper dish washing soap and water. Wash your cutting board particularly well with a cleanser and water.
- Peeling: Peeling fruits and vegetables protects you from typhoid. Eat natural products that have been freshly washed and peeled, for example, oranges and bananas. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.