Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anand SinghYour feedback matters!
My baby is 1 month old, I want to know the baby care products, which brand is best? Especially which cream should I use for my baby?
My Son who is 9 years old has polyuria since last one year. We got Urine ,Urine culture, KFT ,Sugar, ADH test but all are fine .Please advise next steps.
My new born baby 2 weeks age has gas problem her stomach is bigger so that she can not lay on bed and can not able to sleep. So pls suggest a fast remedy to release gas.
Hello. My son is only two years old with 10 kg weight he doesn't want to eat and he only pee twice in a day. So, please help me.
Hello doc. My son is 4months n 2weeks. He is got frequent watery motions almost everyday. sometimes thrice or four times in a day. It is very running n spoils his clothes almost diarrhea like. Whats the remedy please advc. He is on breast feed only. But other than that he is gaining weight n playful n cheerful.
My son who aged 10 yrs. Had suffered from cough. As per doctors suggestion. Done mantoux test and the value is 11. Medication is over. Now no symptoms of cough. Should I go for again the same test to confirm whether the TB symptoms are gone or not. Is there any chances to get TB in future. Pl clarify. What should I do.
I recently noticed that my eyes are going deep inside. I'm worried now. I normally sleep 7-8 hrs a day. Im going to gym daily from last 2 years. I sit infant of pc for 4-5 hours.
My son is 2 and half years old and bite any 1 at any time can't understand problem since 2 years please suggest me something.
My son is one and a half month old he is not at all breastfeeding as I try to breastfeed him he cries a lot nonstop. So which milk is best for him. As Dr. said I have flat nipple so I tried nipple shield also but than too he is not breastfeeding. Kindly suggest some alternate way to breast feed him or milk of which animal is best for him.
Concentration problems and trouble in focusing on one task at a time can be termed as Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder or ADHD, in rare and severe cases. While most of the cases are identified in one's childhood, it has been seen that many cases persist into adulthood while still others go completely undiagnosed. This mental health disorder comes with a number of symptoms and management methods. Read on to know more.
- Symptoms: While many patients suffering from this disorder may not display any obvious symptoms at a young age as children are supposed to be brimming with energy, the symptoms for adult ADHD, start to show up in a more obvious fashion. Wavering concentration and low levels of focus along with disorganised living with impulsiveness are the first signs of adult ADHD. Such adults also have trouble when it comes to finishing one task at a time, or even focusing on a task for a prolonged period of time. Bouts of impatience and excessive activity can also show up as symptoms, while restlessness is a quality that most of these patients seem to possess.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis of this condition is slightly difficult because most adults may complain of some or the other symptoms related to this condition at some point in their lives. Anxiety and mood swing related symptoms can help in diagnosing the condition in a better manner. If the condition ends up disrupting your normal life, work, socialising and behaviour in general, then you may want to see a doctor regarding the same, so that proper diagnosis may take place.
- Causes: While genetic predisposition is said to be the foremost cause of this condition, especially when it continues well into adulthood, there are various environmental factors that may also have a significant bearing on the onset of the condition. Exposure as a child increases the risk of falling prey to this condition. Also, when there are problems with the central nervous system during the developing years, the patient may start to develop symptoms connected with this disorder later on.
- Treatment: Stimulants and other medication like anti-depressants, nonstimulant amphetamine are also used for treating this condition along with therapy and psychological counselling for better organisation in life.
Hello doctor. Please answer my question. I taken my baby for fever checkup and doctor recommended blood test. Then I went to private lab for blood checkup of my baby. There lab technician has taken syringe and then break its needle by twisting needle and thereafter used that needle to draw blood from hand of baby. My concern is when she is twisting needle it might happen she prick needle to her also and thereafter use it to draw blood of baby. Can this scenario spreads hiv, hepatitis b and hepatitis c.
My son hardly 2 months cries continuously sometimes. We will not understand why he is crying. What will be the reason.
ADHD refers to attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, which is a brain-related condition found among preschoolers, children, teenagers and in many cases extends well into adulthood. These individuals have significant impairment in academics as well as social situations and interpersonal relations. The child has difficulty sustaining attention, phases of hyper activeness and cannot control his/her impulses which make their day to day life at school and home difficult.
The symptoms of this disorder among children can be categorized under three headings.
- Hyperactivity which includes
- Inability to stay at one place runs around and tries to climb things
- Trouble playing quietly
- Excessive talking
- Inattention, which can be divided into symptoms like
- Getting easily distracted
- Tendency to loose things
- Facing problems related to organizing things
- Not listening carefully
- Forgetting about daily activities, carelessness
- Interrupts others as they speak and talks out of turn
- Answers questions without listening to what has been asked
- Not being able to wait for their turn to come
10-12% of school children before puberty are affected by one or more types of ADHD. ADHD especially hyperactivity is more prevalent in boys than in girls, with the ratio up to 9:1. Inattention and poor concentration are more commonly seen amongst girls. The rate of ADHD in parents and sibling of children with ADHD is 5-10 times higher than in the general population.
The probable causes of ADHD among children are,
- Neurodevelopmental changes - Poorly developed activity of the brain particularly in the areas that control attention and concentration cause ADHD. This causes an imbalance in the neurotransmitters or the chemicals important for brain functioning and development.
- Genetic Factors - genetic studies show that ADHD is largely hereditary in nature with a heritability of 75% approximately.