Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Anand GroverYour feedback matters!
My 45-year-old father has asthma. What is the effect of using an asthma preventer long-term? Are there any vitamins or supplements to help vision?
I have 2.15 number in my right eye and 2.50 number in my left eye should I do leaser treatment for removing my number?
I have a real job in which I use computer 12 hours regularly so I want to trick for safe my eyes please suggested me!
There are problem in their eyes. Vision is not clear its becoming blur by each passing day. We have consulted in all over punjab. Treatment is going under the care of Dr., eye specialist. But by treatment of there is no improvement in vision, infact vision is becoming blur. So please tell some solution? Is there any hope of improvement of vision?
Lazy eye treatment Male, 5 My son is 5 year old. Recently he was complaining lot about vision. We got him checked. We found that his left eye is weak and has low vision. Documents are attached. Eyes has unusual numbers one has plus numbers and other has minus. Local doctor has give us treatment of lazy eye. We are patching. Closing "right eye" [good eye].My question was that, is there anything else in treatment like surgery? How can we improve his vision? Is this patching only solution? How much vision can be improved with this treatment? Local doctor has advised 45 days of this treatment for now. Can we do it longer? I am very worry about my son. Please help me on this. Regards.
Since few days my eyes look weak and tired and I sleep enough still my eyes feel irritated in the morning and feel like closing them. I do not watch enough laptop and mobile now. Still.
Myopia is also known by the name of nearsightedness. It is one of the most common refractive disorders of the eye. Over the years, it has become more prevalent. According to a recent study conducted by the National Eye Institute (NEI), myopia has grown more prevalent from 25 percent in 1972 to around 40% percent in 2004 in United States.
The exact cause of the prevalence of this disorder in USA is not known. However, many doctors are of the opinion that eye fatigue due to overuse of computers can be the primary reason behind the spread of this disorder. It could also be affected by genetical links.
Myopia Symptoms And Signs:
It is time to take care of your eyes if you have difficulty in reading the sign boards on road or seeing objects from a distance. This could be a sign for myopia if you are able to see things clearly from a closer distance. There are several symptoms of myopia, including strain on eyes, headaches and squinting. If these signs don’t vanish after wearing lenses or spectacles, you must consult an ophthalmologist.
What are the factors that cause Myopia or Nearsightedness?
It occurs at a time when the eyeball of the patient is too long. The lens of the patient will be too long as compared to the focusing power of the cornea or the eye lens. This condition leads to the focusing of light rays at a point in front of the retina. The rays don’t focus directly on the retina’s surface. Myopia can also be caused if the lens of the eye is too curved. Myopia can also be caused due to a combination of factors. The problem may start from childhood. You are also at the risk of developing the problem if your parents have had the problem.
Myopia is not a rare disorder of the eye. People living with myopia have several options of its treatment. It can be rectified or corrected with the help of spectacles and contact lenses. It can also be corrected by refractive surgery. The kind of treatment to be chosen depends upon the degree of your myopia. You will be asked to wear lenses or spectacles for a prescribed amount of time, depending upon the degree of your disorder.
If you are suffering from myopia, the doctor will prescribe you to wear spectacles or lenses of a certain power that will be preceded by a minus (-) sign.
Dear sir I am male 25year old. I am engg and have applied for railway and DRDO engineering posts. I can't see with my right eye for last 10 years. My left eye is normal. Will there be any problem in my fitness test in railway and DRDO medical exam. Is binocular vision required there.
I'm wearing specks from 2010 with power of -3.25 . Can I go for lasik surgery ? Is there any side effects . Will it be permanently cured after the surgery ?
I have always a red eyes, specially when I use computers my eyes are completely red, and during a whole day I use my computer about 8 - 10 hours, so what should I do now?
I have a eye problem vision not clear I check a eye doctor and scan MRI nervesoptical report are clear.
Actually I frequently have headache problem means 2-3 days then gone. I happen in two three months regularly. What can be the problem. I have weak eyesight for which I wear specs. Then what can be a problem?
Sir. I aged 65 years suffering from watering from both eyes at every time since long due to that i have suffered from some accident also . I consulted so many eyes specialist all have different views and suggest some tears drop but no one can control it . But advised to get operated both the eyes.Without fail .I asked question atonce when i have no other disease in my eyes then why I should get operated and there is suretythat will be ok after operation and Dr. Was agreed with my views. So will issue me some guide lines to get rid of this ailments
Hello, I am myopic having -5.75 no. In both eyes. The problem i am facing is that after studying for 3-4 hours i get a headache and the distant objects become blur. Pls suggest me what to do as i am preparing for civil services and have to study for 10 hours a day.
Hlo sir. My qustn to you is that my mother has thyroid problem n surgical problem also. She feels very lazy n sleepy. She is a teacher n has to travel long distance 50 km per days. So please suggest some ways that she can recover from her ill ness.
Sight is one of our most important senses. To ensure that your vision is not compromised, regular eye examinations are essential. This is regardless of age and overall health because the only way to diagnose conditions in the eye in the early stages is with a comprehensive eye exam. By arresting them in the early stages, many eye disorders can be easily controlled and treated.
During a routine eye examination, the doctor will look into a number of aspects of your eye's health. An eye examination can also indicate serious health issues like diabetes, macular degeneration and glaucoma. Some of the conditions an eye doctor looks for during an eye exam are:
- Refractive error: If you already have a prescription this will be checked. In other cases, the strength of the eye muscles is checked for near sightedness, far sightedness and astigmatism which can be corrected with lasik surgery, spectacles or lenses. The earlier a refractive error is corrected, the lower are its chances of increasing. When it comes to children, they often do not realize signs of vision deterioration and hence, an eye examination becomes essential.
- Amblyopia: This is a condition where one eye has a much higher refractive error than the other or where the eyes are misaligned. If this is not treated in time, amblyopia can stunt vision in the affected eye and result in blindness.
- Strabismus: Crossed or turned eyes are termed as cases of strabismus. This is caused by the misalignment of the eyes and can cause problems with depth perception. This can lead to amblyopia and eventual blindness if not treated in time.
- Focusing and communicative problems between the eyes: An eye examination can also determine problems with focusing on objects. With children this can be a sign of underdeveloped focusing skills while in adults it can be a symptom of presbyopia or age related diminished focusing ability. Your doctor will also check how well your eyes work together. If they do not work in tandem, it can cause headaches, eye strains and problems with reading.
- Diseases: By looking at the blood vessels and retina of the eyes, doctors can detect signs of high blood pressure, cholesterol etc. Leaks in the blood vessels or bleeding in the eyes can also be a sign of diabetes or swelling of the macula.
- Age related conditions: As with the rest of the body, the eye tissues and muscles also degenerate with time. Cataract is one of the most common age related issues that affect the eyes.