Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anad TyagiYour feedback matters!
Sunscreen manufacturers bombard you daily with their mega-budget advertising campaigns. Fair-skinned models urge you to get into the habit of using sunscreens everyday. While it is true that white-skinned Caucasian individuals have a need to protect their sensitive skins with sunscreens, do we, as darker-skinned individuals, really need to copy this same habit? Here are some scientific reasons why sunscreens are less important for most Indians and why, medically speaking, black is beautiful.
Nature has already installed an “inbuilt umbrella” within your skin. This is the pigment melanin which gives your skin its darker colour. Just like photochromic glasses, which automatically become dark with sun exposure, melanin along with other factors, becomes activated and darker with sun exposure. This natural tanning is your “inbuilt umbrella” which protects the lower layers of your skin.
On the beach, compared to your white-skinned friends, you are much less likely to experience a severe, blistering or beet-red burn reaction with sun exposure.
You are much less prone to skin cancers, since your skin does not allow harmful sun-radiation to penetrate to the lower layers of your skin. However, please do not ignore any suspicious looking bump or mole on your skin. Get it examined IMMEDIATELY by your local dermatologist.
You are probably deficient in Vitamin D. Unlike your white-skinned friends from colder countries, who actively seek the sun, you probably avoid sunlight and do not indulge in sun-bathing or sun-tanning. Some amount of mild early morning or evening sun-exposure is essential, not just for production of this bone forming vitamin but also for other medical reasons.
You are most likely sweating in the hot and muggy Indian climate. Application of any cream in such conditions would be not only be uncomfortable, but chances are that your expensive sunscreen is going to be washed or wiped off.
However, if you still insist on trying to avoid even a wee bit of tan, then use sunscreens as per international recommendations. Don't rely just on SPF numbers, but use a broad-spectrum, water-resistant sunscreen. Apply about 30 ml every 2 hours on sun exposed areas. Do not forget to apply over the top of the feet, exposed legs, forearms, backup of the hands, back of the neck, nose and over the ears. This amount might pinch your pocket considerably. Consider using sun-protective, full-sleeved clothing if you really need to step out in the strong sunlight.
Don't expect to become more fairer than your baseline skin colour. Understand that you are darker for evolutionary reasons. Be thankful that you have some amount of inbuilt sun-protection bestowed to you by nature.
I am having acne problem with my skin. My skin is combination skin and oily. Am taking minoz 50 and isotretinon for it. Pimples have decreased alot but scars are left behind. Please suggest me something.
I am 19 years boy. I want to know about how to get rid of oily skin, pimples and spores? Is masturbation responsible for the above?
I am age 18 I am a male. I want to keep my skin brighten especially on face. And have a smooth face skin.
I have one scar in my face how to remove that. Iast year I met one accident thats why im getting that mark face & hand. Please advice.
Rosacea is a medical condition of the skin that affects people across the globe. The exact cause of rosacea is unknown to scientists and there is still no permanent solution to this. However, heredity is believed to be one of the causes of rosacea. They are small and red in appearance, often filled with pus. They are fairly visible on forehead, nose, and cheeks. They occur in cycles, and temporarily go away only to come back within a short interval of time.
There are four kinds of rosacea, namely erythematotelangiectatic, papulopustular, rhinophyma and ocular. Every rosacea type has its own set of symptoms. Rosacea can get worse if there is a tendency of eating spicy food and alcohol consumption. Ayurveda is known to be a great treatment option for treating rosacea. Here is a set of Ayurvedic treatment options that could fetch great results:
- Turmeric: Turmeric is an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant powerhouse. It can treat a range of skin diseases, such as skin aging, hyperpigmentation and scarring. Not to mention it is one of the finest elements to treat rosacea. Experts of Ayurveda suggest consuming one spoon of turmeric on a daily basis to avoid skin inflammation and other skin problems. It can be taken in the form of juice, with food, and capsule.
- Carrots and beets: Carrots and beets are one of the best forms of iron. The latter is required for the normal functioning of the skin. Deficiency of it can cause the skin to be dry and sallow. Beets and carrots have the ability to control rosacea. They can be consumed daily with food or in the form of juice.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is more commonly known as east Indian ginseng. They are one of the most powerful herbs to treat rosacea. Being anti-inflammatory in nature, it strengthens the skin from within and helps in getting rid of rosacea puss. Ashwagandha can be applied in the form of an extract every alternate day to fetch great results.
- Honey: Honey is a natural cleanser and antioxidant. They directly attack the rosacea causing virus and do not let them spread. Honey can also bring down the reddish patches that are so common of rosacea. Honey should be applied on the face before taking a bath or sleeping, and washed away with warm water after 1 to 2 hours.
- Fenugreek: Fenugreek is an ancient medicinal plant that is rich in vitamin C, folic acid, vitamin A, vitamin K, iron, potassium, and calcium. They help the skin to glow and remove the reddish patches on the face. Its anti-inflammatory nature does not allow the pus to form. It is also considered to be an anti-itching agent. It can be consumed daily in meals. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I am 23 year old male. My skin type is oily and I have blackheads and whiteheads. Doctor on my T-Zone my pores looks like holes. Everyone make fun of me they say look at him his nose has so many holes.
Sir, I am having dull and oily Face so I have to change my face completely from this and want to get a glowing face.
I have a black circle problem under my eyes, ai have tried many ointment, but its still there. What should I do now?
What is the best diet to maintain body physique and skin health well, if the names of the easy available foods can be mentioned that will be better?
Am 24years Age. My Skin Is Uneven Due to Holes Caused By Pimples looking Rough Do any treatment is their for Making skin Even?
I am on cardiac medicine tab acitrom whenever I got pimples they leave big dark spots they will not gone what should I do skin specialist advise me cream clearz plus and cream glycolic acid but marks is not gone.
I have dark spots on my face. I have tried many things but it is not decreasing. Please suggest me some home remedies to reduce it. I am just 17 years old.
Sprouts contain nutrition which maintain the health of the skin and enhance its glow. Antioxidants in sprouts kill the free radicals to protect the skin from sun damage and skin cancer .Drink a glass of pea sprout juice daily to get a well-hydrated and moisturized skin. You can also apply pressed pea sprouts on the face to get a fine and smooth skin . It lightens skin discoloration like freckles and age spots to get a clear and flawless skin. Vitamin C in sprouts promotes better skin through the production of collagen. It provides elasticity to give you more youthful skin. Sprouts contain high levels of omega 3 fatty acids which decrease inflammation and reduce the risk of acne and other skin problems.