Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Amitha GuptaYour feedback matters!
Breast pain, also known as mastalgia, can be termed as any type of discomfort, pain or tenderness in and around the breast or the underarm region. It can also be accompanied by a sharp pain or a burning sensation.
There are two major types of breast pain
Cyclical Pain: As the name suggests, this type of pain occurs on a cyclic basis and is linked with one’s menstrual cycle. It may happen when one is going through her periods and is influenced by hormonal imbalances. This type of pain is generally not a cause of concern.
Non-Cyclical Pain: This is generally not common and its cause can be linked to a variety of reasons; cancer or a malignant tumour in the breast being the most severe consequence.
Causes of Breast Pain
Lumpy breasts along with soreness and pain can be caused due to fibrocystic breast tissue.
Hormonal imbalance can also lead to pain or discomfort in and around the breast region. Abnormal prolactin limits can also be a contributing factor.
Breast cancer can also lead to pain, mostly in the left breast. Along with the pain, it can also induce a dull ache, tightness or heaviness in the chest.
Treatments for Breast pain
The various treatments for cyclical breast pain include:
Making modifications in the diet
Administering Vitamin E and calcium supplements
Including thyroid hormonal supplements in the diet
Reducing sodium intake in your diet
For non-cyclical breast pain, which is often the cause of cancer, a thorough examination is recommended. A clinical biopsy will be advised if the lumpy tissues make the tumour harder to be detected through a mammogram.
- If the pain is on account of an injury, then appropriate painkillers will have to be administered to reduce the pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an oncologist and ask a free question.
I asked about a very easy problem related to women that what we should do when female of aged 42 is suffering from the problem mild dysplasia and chronic infection in utres.
I had sex with my girlfriend. Without any precautions. But I ejaculate outside. But with the risk of her getting pregnant she had I pill after 1 hr the s'x.But now getting only a white discharge after 3 days of I pill. Is there any chances of getting pregnant. Please answer me. I am worried about her.
What do you do when the munchies strike? Do you look for the healthiest option and wait for it? Or do you simply grab what you see instantly and stuff it in before you have second thoughts about it? Chances are, you may be onto a healthy diet which is being countered by an unhealthy snack time. So what can you do to snack in a healthy way? Read on to know more!
- Take Smaller Meals: Instead of doing three feast like meals and then vowing to stay hungry in between, it is better to instead divide your meals into five or six mini meals that will keep you going the whole day. This will keep you feeling full, and prevent you from reaching out for fatty, oily or excessively sweet food.
- Timing Matters: Knowing when and how to take your meals will decide whether or not you feel hungry for a snack at odd hours. Try to have breakfast within an hour after you wake up, and have your last meal well before bedtime. This will give your metabolism a kick and keep it working until your body's digestive fires are on so that you do not feel the need for snacks.
- Healthy Snacks: Who said snacks need to be composed entirely of junk food? You can create mini meals out of healthy sacks and learn to enjoy them too. Carry a small airtight jar of mixed dry fruits and nuts, roasted flaxseed, and other such ingredients which you can munch on. These ingredients help in curbing the hunger to a great extent. Also, you can indulge in a portion of fruit between one meal, and a salad between another. Whole grain crackers can also save you a great deal of calories.
- Bring Protein and Carbohydrates Together: Looking for a quick dose of energy as you sit slumped at your work desk, ready to demolish an entire muffin? Well, think of proteins and carbohydrates instead. A yummy dip with whole grain crackers, or a box of chickpeas seasoned with your favourite condiments, will do the trick. These snacks will help keep you full for longer periods, even as they give you a shot of energy without an unhealthy diet.
- Small Treats: Get yourself a small treat every once in a while so that you remember to enjoy the smaller things without going full on binge.
- Multitask: Get on to an important task while you snack so that you end up eating less, and you work more of your energy into the task instead.
- Snacking is not the offense: Snacking on the wrong thing is. So remember to be mindful of these tricks to get yourself a healthier snack.
I have pcos, I'm on normoz, medical, naturogest now, had slight bleeding before 5 days f periods due. I want to be pregnant, scared , does naturogest give me period?
Is there any danger in having sex after third month of pregnancy? Wife is thyroid patient and taking 100 mg daily.
I have a hair growth on my upper lips chin hands and legs but I have a regular periods. Is this pcos? I hav this hair from birth. I don't want to have this much of hair what should I do?
Hi, i have irregular periods. Sometimes i dnt hv periods for 4 to5months. I have also completed the thearpy regarding thias problem two times. Now what should i do??
Despite regular use of pills I m pregnant of 5 Weeks. Is there any harm to the baby on account of pills?
I am trying to get conceive. Last Monday I ovulated. Now I am suffering a lot from constipation. Today I put more pressure to go motion. Bt I didn't. After a minute I got a mild cramping pain in lower abdomen. Does it cause any damages. Really I am worrying. Please suggest me.
I am 26 years old married women I have got bartholin cyst. My doctor has given me medicine for 5 days and then if problem will not get sort out then she will operate the duct. Is the any demerit of removing this duct since I am newly married and do not have kids yet. Is this duct is form of cancer? I am afraid of operation. Should I go for operation?
How can I improve my chances of becoming a dad? Its already coming to complete 1 year but my wife have not got any pregnancy. What would be the reason. Please let me know Thank you.
Physiotherapists, who are experts in restoring and improving motion in people's lives, play an important role not only in treating persistent or recurrent low back pain, but also in prevention and risk reduction. Physiotherapists are highly-educated, licensed health care professionals who can help patients reduce pain and improve or restore mobility – in many cases without expensive surgery or the side effects of medications.
If you have experienced low back pain, you are not alone. Approximately one quarter of population report experiencing low back pain within the past 3 months at any given time. Low back pain often occurs due to overuse, strain or injury. This includes too much bending, twisting, lifting, and even too much sitting.
How can you prevent low back pain?
- Keep your back, stomach, and leg muscles strong and flexible
- Keep your body in alignment, so it can be more efficient when you move
- Don’t slouch-keep good posture
- Use good body positioning at work, home, or during leisure activities
- When lifting, keep the load close to your body
- Ask for help or use an assistive device to lift heavy objects
- Maintain a regular physical fitness regimen, staying active can help to prevent injuries
What to do when you have low back pain?
In most cases, low back pain is mild and will disappear on its own. However, for some people, back pain can return or persist, leading to a decrease in quality of life or even disability.
Stay active and do as much of your normal routine as possible when you have low back pain. Bed rest for longer than a day can slow down your recovery. If your pain lasts more than a few days or gets worse, then you should schedule an appointment to see your physical therapist.
See a health care professional immediately if you experience the following symptoms:
- Loss of bowel or bladder control
- Numbness in the groin or inner thigh
- Pain that does not change with rest
How a physiotherapist can help?
Not all low back pain is the same and your treatment should be tailored to suit your specific condition. You should expect the following from a physiotherapist:
Individualized assessment: Your physiotherapist will ask you a number of questions about your specific condition and will thoroughly examine you for problems with posture, flexibility, strength, joint mobility, and movement. Attention will be given to how you use your body at work, home, during sports, and at leisure.
Individualized treatment plan: Once your assessment is complete your physical therapist will develop a plan designed for your specific type of back problem. This may consist of:
- Treatment to decrease pain and restore mobility by electrotherapy modalities
- Manual therapy techniques, including spinal manipulation, to improve mobility of joints and soft tissues.
- Specific strengthening and/or flexibility exercises
- Education about care of your back and training for proper lifting, bending, sitting, sleeping, and doing chores both at work and in the home.
I am 38 year old my 2 ivf cycle fail and going for 3rd cycle with egg donor but during follicular study I come to know that I am having multiple cervical nabothian cyst seen should I must discontinue this cycle or there is some medicine for nabothian cyst or if continue with cycle no problem for pregnancy please advise.
Caught in the mundane chores and uniformity of daily pressures, your love life may suffer quite badly. All couples come to a point where one or both of them are either not interested in physical love anymore or too tired to get frisky. This can affect both life not only physically but also emotionally. Even if you have sex, it becomes dull, boring and unpleasant.
Getting the spark back!
Problems with a dull sex life do not have to mean a complete removal of sex from your relationship. Bringing your sex life on track might take a while, but can be quite easily achieved. Understanding yourself, knowing what gives you pleasure and sharing a romantic relationship with your partner are the key elements of a happy and satisfying sexual life. Some of the tips to get the spark back in your sex life are as follows:
- Communicate: Communication is the key to resolving all problems. Many couples feel afraid to talk about sexual issues, but this should not be the case. Talk to your partner about why you are feeling disinterested. Discuss if you are going through a difficult physical transition such as menopause or other physical ailments. It is better to tell the truth and not let your partner just assume that you may not be attracted towards him or her. Be honest if you are failing to have an orgasm. Proper communication is the first step in trying to resolve a problem.
- Educate yourself: In today’s world, finding a solution to sexual problems is no big issue as you can always look up to the internet for information. Go through books, magazines or other items available which will give a clear explanation to all your queries. Create a comfortable, quiet and interference free atmosphere. Age is also a factor that might lead to reduced libido but creating romantic settings might help in bringing the passion back.
- Keep away from blame and criticism: Try not to introduce any issue which might lead to a big fight. Criticizing at this point of time should also be avoided as it can flare up into an argument.
- Be stress free: Try and keep all the work problems away while you are with your partner. Lighten up and focus on your partner and the total experience rather than only aiming to fulfil a goal. Maintaining a stress free attitude helps in makings sex more enjoyable.
- Relax and be flexible: Relaxing helps you feeling more focussed and enhances your sexual energy. Flexibility to your partners needs only makes them more attracted and aroused by you. Thus physical and emotional flexibility can help in bringing back the spark into your sex life.
- Good health: Your physical and emotional health also affects your sex life. Reducing the intake of alcohol, abstaining from smoke, eating healthy and adequate exercise and meditating to calm your mind helps immensely to maintain a good shape and in turn happy sexual life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Manufacturers use to describe benefits of plant-derived phytoestrogens on breast health. However, no clinical trial have ever demonstrated such benefit. Serious drug interactions are possible with any of these herbs, especially if you take a blood-thinning medication such as warfarin.
Breast enlargement might be a side effect of certain drugs such as estrogen, contraceptive pills, paroxetine, and fluoxetine. But, any of these medications are not approved for breast enhancement.
Quit eating junk food and high-fat fast food. Your heart, brain, and overall health are harmed by foods high in saturated fats, salt, and cholesterol. There's no getting around it. You've got to replace them with healthy foods: lots of fruits, vegetables, fish, nuts, olive oil -- what we call the mediterranean diet. Eat like an italian, a spaniard, a greek! enjoy!