Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Amith PrasharYour feedback matters!
My Son is 9 years old he is a bright and happy kid. He was very hyperactive and defiant. He was having trouble making friends and trouble at school and while playing, because he was fighting with kids. He was not listen to us not follow our instructions, he was too much hyperactive and aggressive. Things got changed from last 2 years after consulting with Neurologist, he has suggested to take (2Ml of Sizodon night) along with this we have giving him behavior therapy he has improved a lot nobody can believe me he was diagnosed with ADHD But from last 3 months he suffering ill every alternate week he is getting fever, headache, stomach pain, gastric I'm not sure because of this medicine side effect or some other reason. Kindly request you suggest what shall we do now. Please let me know whom should I contact.
My son is 3 yrs 8 months old is having prolonged coughing. Shown to pediatrician and Homeopathic doctors but complete cure is not done so far. Sometimes he coughs for a minute or so and very frequent (specially during his sleeps at night or early day time). Doctor said throat infection which is cured but he is not completely relieved. Please advise.
We are going to fly with our 8.5 months old son in a week for the first time. The flight is around 1 hour long. What all do we need take care of?
My cousin is 10 years old ,his problem is that he can't read and write properly. When he was 4 months old he suffered with cataract and had an operation. He is using specs while studying and forget easily what he studies. How to improve his memory?
My baby is 2.5 month old. He feeds with bottle. please tell me what are the side effect of bottle if I properly sterilize the bottle before feed him.
More than half the patients with blood pressure are patients of diabetes too. Get your BP checked every time when you visit your doctor! Both BP and Diabetes have bad effects on kidney and as such should be controlled together asap!
My baby is 5 weeks old and vomits after feed since birth. She takes both the powder feeds and mother feeds. Since yesterday she is suffering from 99.5 fever measured from underarms. She has cold with a block nose and cough. She is refusing to feed frequently and is not as active as she normally is. Her birth weight was 3 kg and now her weight is 4.3 kg. We consulted multiple paediatricians and as per their advice we gave her 1 ml of DOMSTAL Baby drops three times a day for two days. However we noticed that she cried a lot and was really very fuzzy and was not sleeping at all so we stopped giving domstal. Right now she is suffering from fever, block nose and cough and vomiting after every feed so kindly suggest the best way possible to cure her health.
Tooth eruption is not only a sign that your child is acquiring the ability to tear, bite, and chew food but it also effects the baby's weight gain, immunity strengthening and development of the brain indirectly.
It is observed that most babies get their first tooth at around 6 months after birth, but they may start gnawing as early as 3 months or as late as 14, and may vary from child to child. This depends on many factors, one of them being as when the parents started sprouting teeth and whether or not your baby was a preemie. In case of premature and low birth weight babies there may be a delay in their first tooth eruption. Children should have a full set of primary teeth by the time they are almost three.
Babies generally undergo the following Teething Timeline:
6 months: lower central incisors
8 months: upper central incisors
10 months: lower and upper lateral incisors
14 months: first molars
18 months: canines
24 months: second molars
Symptoms of Teething:
Babies start gnawing to relieve the pain of an emerging tooth.
Puffy and red gums
Irritation, especially at night
A change in eating habits
Methods to Soothe the Pain:
Teething is a physiological process, no major intervention is needed.
Distraction: You can often soothe your child simply by diverting their minds off the pain by any new toy.
You shouldn't use teethers and topical teething gels to soothe the pain as they might be toxic to babies.
Symptoms of teething usually disappear when the tooth breaks through the gum. In case your baby is teething and the pain prevails , the following signs and symptoms are seen - high fever, diarrhea, or vomiting, highly inflamed gums or blue gum (Cysts) or any kind of lesion or bumps on the gums. In such case you should consult the pediatrician for further guidance.
My 80 days old baby is sucking finger badly even after breastfed, how can I help him to rid of this habit?
I have an eight month old baby boy he has suddenlystopped taking bottle feed he starts crying wen I offer him bottle milk as in formula milk but he is properly taking breast milk and other food too What could be the reason behind it?
Drug addiction is a major problem in today's world. The major part of these drug abuse victims are teenagers. There are several reasons may drive your teen kid to hard drugs which include peer pressure, neglect, curiosity or just for the sake of being cool. This could be a major concern for the parents whose children get addicted to drugs but an important thing to keep in mind is that the only person who can help your kid overcome addiction are the parents.
Here are a few measures that can help your kid overcome drug addiction:
- In order to put your kids on the right path, the most important thing is to show them love. You should keep aside your anger, fear and grief and approach them. Tell them why you are scared or angry. Proper love and affection is required to bring your kids back to the normal track.
- Try to find their strengths and weakness. Your child should be complemented for any good thing he or she does. You should observe them properly and try to perceive their current nature and mental state.
- You should try to keep your calm and talk to them instead of scolding, shouting or threatening them. You must also listen to them carefully and try not to react in any way. Talk to them about your concerns and see whether they are cooperating with you.
- Getting your kids involved in some activity, which will let them mix with a different group of peers will be a positive remedy. You have to make them feel good about themselves. Try to find ways so that your kids will get into some positive, productive activity.
- Fixing an appointment with a psychiatrist who deals with drug abuse situations can also help you deal with the issue. You must explain to your kids that there is an obvious reason behind their addiction, and it must be solved for their own good.
- You should also connect with the counselors at schools and colleges. They have seen many cases like your child’s and know about the situation well. You can enroll your kids in a substance abuse program which is connected with his school.
- You must tell your kids that what they are doing is risky and illegal and as parents, you have the right to help them overcome this in order to maintain good health, and that you do not want them to go to prison.
- Find an expert therapist specializing in teen substance abuse and make your kids have weekly appointments with him. A good therapist knows the best ways to guide your kids to the right path.
Drug addiction in kids is a common syndrome these days. If your kid is into hard drugs, you need to do your best to save him and help him overcome the addiction. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.