Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Amit MalhotraYour feedback matters!
I had my lipid profile done and LDL C is 139. My question is whether high LDL C indicates any damage done to arteries already ?
I am using daily this tablet (coveram5mg) my age 46 yeas old my job is driving 12 hours & cholesterol have 8.5 using tablet lorvast total start 2 month finish this tablet using permanent for life.
I am 50 years old male. Around last 20 years with diabetic and on insulin almost from 12 years. Also taking BP and cholesterol pills under supervision of doctor. I am facing skin rashes and etching problem last 2 years at areas- below stomach, bumps and inside thies. I tried with homeopathy course and allopathy but temp relief.
I am 38years old male suffering from high cholesterol and uric acid stone diagnosed last yr. Can I go for body building and take muscle supplement now.
Sir today my cholesterols 136. triglyceride is 124. HDL is 83. Direct ldl is 77. Lipoprotine is 97. And before 2 month my cholesterol is 258. Triglyceride is 177. Hdl is 139. Ldl is134, lipoprotine is 144. Than from 2 month I take Rozucor 10 tablet. Now tell me the problem and solution please thanks.
I am 22, years old and I hv right sided rib pain since 1year. On long sitting or standing position tenderness occurs. Wat is d cause? I have history of gastritis.
I am not feeling well. I fall in high depression, causes to pain in heart. So please give me solution.
I am 47 male I m suffering from diabetes and high blood pressure. My bp is 130/90 & sugar is 182 pp and 115 fasting. What shall I do?
She is 38year old and she is suffering from B. P. Low with thyroid so she has been taking tablets since 3year but she doen't get well properly. Why?
Hi sir I am having miss beats in my heart it happens mostly while I am lying I am taken all the test but there is nothing wrong please suggest something.
I feel stool pressure. But when I go to bathroom very small amount of stool comes out. Pressure remains always. What could be the reason. There is no presence of blood in potty.
Sir my age is 20 and I am suffering from blood pressure. My blood pressure is 158 / 120. Sir please suggest me I am in deep trouble.
My right hand first finger and thumb is cold and rest of palm is warm and paining m a hypertension patient and taking amlodac 5 mg regularly.
I am having a problem of high blood pressure so dark chocolate and coffee is good for this or not. Suggest me somthing what I shall do.
The blood normally exerts some pressure as it passes through the blood vessels. However, due to various reasons, mainly narrowing of the blood vessels, the pressure exerted could be higher, which is known as hypertension.
In the Unani system, early reference to high blood pressure appears as Imtila, though it is today popularly known as Zaghtuddam Qawi. Imtila talks about symptoms including a headache, bulging eyes, epistaxis (bleeding nose), heavy headedness, and headache.
Types: Unani system believes in two ways that can increase blood pressure and therefore two types
- Increased amount of blood in the vessels, which is caused a hot, moist temperament or the sanguineous type.
- Dryness of the vessels (caused by narrowing) increases blood pressure, leading to the dry, cold melancholic type.
Causes: Unani believes high blood pressure as a result of the following sequence of events.
- Weakening of the arteries
- Increased food consumption, which produces more blood
- Weak arteries which are not able to accommodate the increased amounts of blood
- This is a vicious cycle where the arteries are further damaged, leading to further sluggish flow, further increasing pressure.
Complications: High blood pressure is not an isolated health condition. It leads to multiple complications like
- Chronic heart disease
- Angina pectoris (heart attacks)
- Stroke and paralysis
- Higher levels of cholesterol
- Predisposition to diabetes
Management: Managing high blood pressure is a combination of treatment and prevention. There are multiple Unani herbs, which are used in multiple formulations which help by
- Relaxing the muscles of the heart
- Improves blood flow
- Eases the blood flow through the arteries
These can be taken regularly along with restrictions on diet and lifestyle which can help in improving blood pressure. These changes would include:
- Increased consumption of potassium-rich foods as it will counter the effect of sodium which causes higher blood pressure readings
- Avoid adding extra salt and reduce eating the salted, fried foods. Especially, if you have a family history, it is time to reduce salt intake at an early stage. This helps prolong the onset of high blood pressure
- Herbs like garlic, pepper, ginger, and lemon are helpful in controlling blood pressure
- Herbal teas including hibiscus and green tea are proven to help control blood pressure as opposed to a cup of coffee
- Dark chocolate with more than 70 per cent of cocoa is beneficial for the heart
- Needless to say, regular exercise including brisk walking which can improve heart’s health
- Deep breathing which improves oxygen consumption across arteries
- Reduce consumption of alcohol
- Quit or cut down on smoking