Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Amit GuptaYour feedback matters!
Respected doctors, I am a male of 29 years of age, I am suffering from generalized anxiety disorder feeling like I am in a dream like state, light headed, foggy vision, stiff head, head feeling numb, depersonalization, tough to carry on life since 1 and half year. One of psychiatrist tell me that I had taken lots of medicine as I was hospitalized 3 times in a year and therefore depersonalised has taken place and feeling numbness in entire head due to heavy medicine and waves r feeling in my head. Eat healthy sleep healthy will create stamina and slowly your anxiety will be improved.
Hello, My friend is suffering from migraine. She is suffering alot. Can any doctor suggest curing medicine for it. Because she is very much disturbed by this and by this even she cannot study also. And also if she didn't got a cup of tea in evening she gets pained. Can any doctor suggest how to overcome migraine. It's very much disturbing her wealth also. Respectfully.
I was in my volleyball training 2 days ago when suddenly after exercising for a bit long I felt numbness in my left arm then felt light headed so I sat down and then my vision became blurry with green spots, I wasn't able to speak clearly, there was ringing in my ears, my body was weak and I felt fatigued, somebody told me that my lips looked pale but I don't know what happened. It's the second time in two years and I'm 14 years old, the first time it happened I was 12 and all the times it happened during an exercise, I feel like it is dehydration because it was during an excessive training with no water but when I checked on the internet and on medical sites I found allot of symptoms missing in dehydration like loss of vision, the ability to speak, numbness and ringing in the ears. I have a strong feeling that it is TIA or mini-stroke but I want medical advice, I'm going to do a blood test soon.
From few months I am suffering from heavy headaches and after taking some medicines. I'll get the relief Pls suggest what I have to do. Is this symptom is of migraine.
My mother had stroke due to brain hamreg 3 months back she is diabetic and suffering from low bp often, due to this we are unable to treat her paralysis condition please suggest some tips to maintain her bp.
I have great fear to take a cup or glass of hot things like tea. Whenever I try to do this, my hand as well as whole body tremble. Before some month I was taking a plastic cup of tea. That time my hand trembled and hot tea fell on my hand. And there was some burn on my hand. From that day I feel very much fear to take a cup or glass of hot tea.
I am 29 years old. I have I.G.A. Nephropathy disease during 2 years. But doctor said it is the early stage so do not fet afraid. I god married on 2012. I missed my first pregnancy in the year of 2013. After that I try for conceive but not get any positive result. Now I want issue. But I do not understand that is have any risk for me to taking baby. Now my blood sugar level is normal. Bp also normal. I do not take any medicine for sugar. Or pressure. Just take becosules tablet and calcirol powder as per doctor recommendation. May I able to take baby by proper treatment.
I am a 43 years old male person, govt. Employee. Suffering from parkinson's disease for last 7-8 years. Presently taking allopathic medicines like syndopa+ alongwith pacitane, resolect, premipex, but not getting proper relief. Feeling very disorganized and ruined future. Wether this disease is curable or just manageable. What to do. Help me sir.
My left side of face is not working properly means no moment on left side. I had an accident what is the reason.
Dear Doctor. I have burning sensation in my Both thighs and very recently I have diagnosed with meralgia paraesthetica, which causes the burning sensation. I have done my nerve conduction study. Currently having gabapentin and not felling fully recovered. Is a surgery a good option? Will doing a surgery gives me 100% recovery from meralgia paraesthetica? Please advice me.
My feet get numb and severe tingling sensation. I hav diabetes avg 200. My leg hold me from daily office job. Guide please.
In the year 2011 a epilepsy seizure has occur in me and then I become unconscious. My family member took me to hospital and when I came conscious I feel very pain in my waist from back side. The pain is always coming in winter season yearly. It is difficult to me to sit and stand again.
I am suffering from severe headache from few days I am scared that it is migraine so what should I do?
I have severe head ache and taking pain relief pills but is of no use. taken medical check up for migraine also. But it is not migraine. Due to more exposure to computer facing this problem.
Epilepsy is a disorder of the central nervous system, thus it is basically a neurological disorder. In this the nerve cell activity of the brain is disrupted and causes seizures along with episodes of unusual behavior along with the loss of consciousness. The symptoms of the seizure can vary and some people with epilepsy just stare blankly for few seconds when a seizure takes place, while some twitch their arms and legs repeatedly.
Symptoms of Epilepsy:
As epilepsy is caused by the abnormal activities in the brain cells, seizures affect the processes with which the brain coordinates. Some signs and symptoms are:
- Staring blankly
- Confusion which is temporary
- Uncontrolled jerking movements of the legs and arms
- Loss of awareness and consciousness
- Psychic symptoms
Mostly the symptoms vary depending on the type of the seizure. The seizures are further classified into focal and generalized depending on which part of the brain shows abnormal activity.
When seizures are due to the abnormal activity of the cells in just one area then it is known as focal seizures. These seizures are of two types:
- Simple partial seizures or the focal seizures without loss of consciousness. These seizures basically alter the emotions and the things like change in smell, look, sound and taste. These also result in the involuntary jerking of the body like the legs and arms, with spontaneous sensory symptoms like the tingling and flashing of the lights.
- Complex partial seizures or the focal dyscognitive seizures. These seizures have a loss of awareness and consciousness. One might just stare blankly into space in this seizure and performs repetitive activities like swallowing, chewing, walking in circles and chewing.
There are six types of generalized seizures. These are:
- Absence seizures, also known as petit mal seizures, are commonly seen in children and are characterized by subtle body movements like lip smacking and eye blinking and staring blankly into space. These also cause loss of consciousness.
- Tonic seizures lead to stiffening of the muscles. These affect the muscles of the legs and arms and also cause to fall to the ground.
- Atonic seizures are also called as drop seizures. These cause loss of control in the muscles, thereby leading to collapse or fall.
- Clonic seizures are the rhythmic and jerking muscle movements. These affect the arms, face and neck.
- Myoclonic seizures appear as twitches in the arms and legs.
- Tonic-clonic seizures also known as grand mal seizures are very dramatic and lead to body stiffening, abrupt loss of consciousness, shaking and loss of bladder control and tongue biting. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurologist.