Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Alok AgarwalYour feedback matters!
I want to get clear and glowing skin in some days. Is it possible? My skin is quiet dull. Please advice some treatment or remedies to get the perfect glowing skin.
Hi An having enlarged prostate snd am taking Urimax F kindly suggest is it curable and wot best medicines should I add to it Rgds.
How is kojivit get for skin Does it makes our skin fair Can we use it as fairness cream Before I used melacare cream after side effect my skin is more darker now. Do kojivit get makes me fairer now and makes my skin clear please tell me I am feeling shy to go out of my house due to its side effect I want fairer skin please help me.
Here are 10 skin and hair benefits of eating cabbage -
1) Anti-ageing agent: Regular consumption of cabbage extends anti-ageing benefits to the skin. The rich amount of Vitamin C delays the ageing process. It has Vitamin A which works together with Vitamin D to make your skin clear and protects from ultraviolet rays.
2) Skin cure: Cabbage has excellent skin healing properties. It is effective in curing skin eruptions such as eczema, psoriasis, acne, rashes, insect bites, leg ulcers and wounds. It helps cure arthritis as well.
3) Gives flawless skin: Cabbage promotes healthy skin. If you are suffering from pimples or other skin irritations, cabbage can be the solution. Place the steamed cabbage compress on the affected area over night and experience spotless skin next morning.
4) Vitamin E for skin complexion: Cabbage juice enhances skin complexion. It has potassium, which purifies your body and skin.
5) Sulfur-rich for acne: Sulfur, abundantly present in cabbage, is considered as 'Nature's beauty mineral'. Because of its drying effect, it plays an important role in drying acne and breakouts. It also synthesizes keratin, a protein substance that is essential for healthy hair, nails and skin.
6) Cleansing property: Cabbage juice is extremely effective in cleansing your due to high Vitamin C content. The juice can also heal infected gums caused by gingivitis.
7) Hair growth: High on Vitamin A content, cabbage is an antioxidant that stimulates hair growth.
8) Smooth hair: Cabbage nourishes your hair, thus providing you with silky, shining hair. Apply its juice on your scalp and the roots of your hair. Shampoo your hair after an hour. This will make your hair smooth and silky.
9) Arrests hair loss: Here's a treatment for hair loss. Raw cabbage and cucumber juices are rich in silicon and sulfur, two vital minerals that stimulate hair growth and prevent hair loss.
10) Conditions dry hair: Raw cabbage juice is also beneficial for dry hair as it makes it soft and shiny. Try drinking a mixture of 80 ml of raw carrot and cucumber juice and 40 ml of raw cabbage juice to get healthy and beautiful hair.
Click on consult privately to ask me any follow-up questions on this.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.
I am 32 year old male. I am having a fungal infection type patch/ mark on upper left feet. It occurs few months back. Now I have seen enhancement with hardness and black darkness. Kindly advice. I can gv you picture also if required. Thanks, Deepak.
I have some red marks over the face, I have a oily typ of skin and had pimples, the level of pimples have reduced but those marks arnt off yet, please suggest me some home remedies or some ointment for such thing.
I live in mumbai. But for a wedding I am going to karnataka. As there is more hot than mumbai so please suggest me any cream so I can prevent tanning my face.
Hi Doctor, Please help me for some sickness which I get at every one week or two. I am getting high pain generally at back neck. And head also from back. These happens generally when I am tired. Or after sex. Even after sex I used to get pimples in my chest and more in back. Please give some remedy. Regards, Mohindra Amarnath.
I am having white flaky layer on my scalp. My physician told that its seborrheic dermatitis and suggest me to use noskurf lotion. Is it best for dat? pls help.
Ovarian Cancer, as the name suggests, is a cancer that affects the ovaries. It leads to the abnormal growth of cells, which eventually spreads over to other parts of a woman’s body, such as the stomach, uterus and vagina. The risk of ovarian cancer is greater in women who have experienced the process of ovulation many times in their lifetime. It also includes those women who attain menopause at a much later stage in their lives or those who start ovulation at an early age. The different types of tumors, which develop in ovarian cells are more often than not, benign or non-cancerous and do not spread beyond the ovaries.
Therefore, they can be easily treated by either removing a part or the whole of the ovary. But malign tumors have the ability to spread to other parts of the body and can prove to be fatal.
What are the causes of ovarian cancer
1. Family History: If someone in your close relation like mother, sister or daughter has developed ovarian cancer, then the risk of becoming susceptible to the disease also increases. If any of your close relatives have developed the disease earlier at a young age, then it’s quite likely that it was due to some inherited faulty gene. BCRA1 and BCRA2 are known to be the faulty genes that are connected to ovarian cancer.
2. Age: You become more susceptible to developing ovarian cancer at a postmenopausal stage.
3. Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT): Women who go for hormone replacement therapy put themselves at a greater risk of developing the disease. Nevertheless, if you stop undergoing the sessions of HRT, your risk of suffering from this fatal condition eventually decreases.
4. Obesity/overweight: This is also one of the important factors behind the increased risks of developing ovarian cancer. So, the more obese you are, greater is the risk involved.
What are the symptoms associated with ovarian cancer?
1. Symptoms at an initial stage include pelvic or abdominal pain, postmenopausal vaginal bleeding or irregular menstruation.
2. Loss of appetite or feeling full quickly
3. Other typical symptoms are diarrhea, constipation, nausea or changes in bowel movements.
4. Feeling of mass pressure at your lower back or pelvis
Treatment available for it
Treatment for ovarian cancer generally consists of a combination of surgery and chemotherapy:
1. Surgery: Treatment usually entails removal of the ovaries, uterus and fallopian tubes, including the surrounding lymph nodes as well as the fatty abdominal tissue, which often gets affected with ovarian cancer. This surgery may help you to retain the ability to conceive.
2. Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy is a procedure that follows a surgery and is performed to destroy the remaining cancer cells, if any. Chemotherapy drugs are either inserted into your vein or directly into the abdominal cavity and if need be, into both.