Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Alok Agarwal
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Alok AgarwalYour feedback matters!
What are the main causes of sinusitis. Is it increases with cold items like curd lemon orange ice cream?
i am 17 years old male. I have rhinitis and a small curvature in nasal septum. I used momeflo but not cured. Doctor advised an operation but never assured that the problems will be stopped. Because I have allergy along with curve in nasal septum. Now he prescribed flutiflo and telekast tablets experimentally. Also asked to inhale steam. Is it necessary to undergone surgery?
24/7 cold for more than 5 years and also I had sinus surgery on 2013. I am not sure what to do. All suggestion are welcome.
I am suffering from sour throat & fever since 4 days. One doctor said due to over heat, after 2 days I went to another doctor he gave medicine by telling due to cold and flu, but no relief, another problem arise that is little bit of bleeding in motions. Please kindly help.
I am suffering from tonsils in my throat since my childhood and happens 2 to 3 times every year. Do I need to be operated? I want to get rid of this problem and bad breath too. please help me for this problem. What should I do? please help me reply fast.
Hello I use to suffer from nasal congestion due to a bent portion in my nose bone for which a doctor suggested to get it operated. Will that help? Now he had prescribed me to use a spray called FLUTIFLO*FT. Using this is having any side effects? I am using this around 2 months. please do reply clearly.
Although nose bleeding is quite common during the cold months, they can occur in the summer months too. This is because, during the summer heat, your nose may tend to get excessively dry. The protective layer of mucus in the nasal cavity tends to dry up during the summer months, thus resulting in nose bleeding. The hot summers can also lead to allergies, which in result can cause it.
Although nose bleeding may be quite messy, it is nothing very serious and can be easily prevented or stopped. Here are a few home remedies that you can try if you are prone to nose bleeding during the summer season:
- Vinegar: Vinegar is easily available in any household and effectively stops nose bleeding. Just pour in some vinegar in a cotton ball or a piece of cloth and put it into your nose for some time.
- Ice: Ice also effectively helps with controlling nose bleeding. Just rub ice against your nose to reduce swelling in the blood vessels. The ice will also effectively numb the pain offering instant relief.
- Foods containing vitamin C: Ensure that during the summer months you take the right amount of Vitamin C into your diet. This is because Vitamin C helps in blood clotting, and will stop nose bleeding faster. Foods that are rich in vitamin C are guavas, kale, mustard, parsley, oranges, strawberries and lemons.
- Baking soda: Baking soda works wonders for nose bleeding. Just mix some amount of baking soda into water, and transfer the solution into a spray bottle. Spray your nose with the solution.
- Steam: Inhaling steam is a great way to prevent nose bleeding. When you take steam, it moistens the nasal cavity and prevents it from becoming dry, thus avoiding any bleeding.
- Right posture: Another way to quickly stop a nose bleeding is to elevate your head. Keep your head in that position until the bleeding stops and try not to bend, as it can just aggravate bleeding.
- Whole-wheat bread: Make whole-wheat bread as part of your daily diet during summer. It is said to contain Zinc, which protects the blood vessels in the body.
- Drink water: ?Also ensure that you keep yourself hydrated at all times during the hot summer months. Drink plenty of liquids like fruit juice and milkshake, to prevent your nose from drying out. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.