Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Alka VermaYour feedback matters!
My Wife Age 47 is experiencing some gyne problem Now a days she has loss of libdo and feeling lethargic as well. Please suggest some good food supplement
People across the planet observe fasting from dawn to dusk during the holy month of Ramadan, the ninth according to the Islamic calendar. The fasting is observed throughout the month to commemorate the first revelation that was made of the Holy Quran to Prophet Muhammad, and people remind themselves to abstain not only from food, but also from negative thoughts.
However, the fasting is observed from dawn until the onset of twilight. The most important part of this fasting ritual is breaking the fast, the consumption of the iftar.
Care needs to be taken when breaking a fast so as not to overburden your digestive system. Though fasting is a healthy regimen for both the mind as well as the body, the natural body cycle is challenged by reversing the normal food cycle and can affect metabolism.
Break the Eid fast in a smarter way
The most nutritious and easy-to-digest foods should be ingested to break a fast, gradually adding more diversity over time. You can try dates and honey, which are not only a part of the tradition, but also help and prepare the digestive system and being sweet in flavor they prevent you from overeating.
Eating heavy food can better be avoided while breaking the fast as they may create a sudden imbalance in the system. You may start with fruit juices and eat light food that is easy to digest. Fruit and vegetable juices, bone broths and even yogurt are good for that initial "breaking" of the fast.
Among these, fruits are the most popular and easiest. But whatever you do, rehydrate yourself with a couple of glasses of water and continue to take sips through the evening.
Not full yet, try these
Lettuce and spinach (you can use plain yogurt as a dressing and top with fresh fruit), cooked vegetables and vegetable soups, raw vegetables, well-cooked grains and beans, nuts and eggs, and milk products are recommended.
The body undergoes minor internal changes, like enzymes usually produced by the digestive system, have ceased to be produced or have been diminished greatly while observing the fast, so introducing food slowly allows the body to re-establish the enzyme production.
Also, try making healthy choices, for instance, grilled meats instead of fried, light sauces instead of creamy ones and limited portions of white rice and bread. Fiber and protein rich diets should be preferred choice.
Put a vigil on your wandering hands
While fasting the mucus lining of the stomach momentarily is reduced, making the stomach walls more vulnerable to irritation until it returns to normal. Gentle introduction of foods, beginning with the simplest and easy-to-digest foods supports this process. Coffee and spicy foods like haleem or beef must be avoided, as it can cause irritation to the system, during the fast.
Also limiting sugary syrups and fizzy drinks can help you keep your weight and blood sugar levels in check. The same goes for fatty foods, preservatives, and soft drinks. Avoid vinegar and chili, for instance.
To conclude, after fasting for long hours, while breaking the fast, small meals are preferred as the digestion will be slow and also avoid food that is spicy and heavy. Introduce nutrient-rich ingredients in the meal and have proteins and essential vitamins and minerals in your diet. And last, but not the least, keep yourself well hydrated.
This Eid, break the fast the healthy way! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
1. They are an excellent source of folate. Strawberries are an amazing source of folate (the folic acid found in food). Inadequate amounts of folate in the aging population can contribute to atherosclerosis, vascular disease and even a decline in cognitive function. Medications used for conditions like rheumatoid arthritis can actually deplete folic acid in the body, so stock up on strawberries to replenish!
2. They could reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease. Strawberries are being studied for their unique ability to suppress the inflammatory responses of the body and reduce our risk of hypertension by lowering ldl cholesterol. A 2013 study published in circulation found women who ate three or more servings of strawberries and blueberries in a week reduced their risk of heart attack by 32 percent.
3. There's more than enough vitamin c. Strawberries contain more than 100 percent of our daily recommended intake of vitamin c in just one cup. Recent studies show that when vitamin c is consumed during times of stress, it actually has the ability to decrease our blood pressure to a normal level, preventing the development of hypertension especially in kids.
4. They are a great source of fibre. Strawberries are high in fibre, which is important for moving food through your digestive system and helping bowel movements. This can help improve digestion, especially for those with constipation or irregular stools.
5. They are high in antioxidants. Strawberries contain anthocyanin, which is a powerful antioxidant that protects us from the damaging effects of our environment, especially the sun. The antioxidant power of the anthocyanins found in strawberries lasts up to 24 hours after consumption; this makes them a great defence against free radical damage.
I am 35 running unmarried ovarian cancer survivor. My period has stop for 6 months now and started my joint fingers pain. Please help me what do I need to do. I have taken gestofit 300, modus 10 and loette tablet. Please suggest what should I do?
Hello Dr. last night I had a sex with my gf nd by using a condom nd I don't know that my sperm was entered in her vagina. I didn't saw it. I thnk it not enter if my sperm enters is thr a chance of getting pregnancy nd her cycle day was 12th. She said that her periods cycle strt frm 26th of the month. So Dr. please tell me wat will happens nd I listen that aftr the period cycle 12th if we had unprotected sex there is no chance of getting pregnant is it ryt. Dr. please tell me all abt periods of girls just I want know abt that wen will girl gets the chance of pregnancy.
I am 22 years old female, I have itching in the wall of labia minor (vagina) please do lemme know is it a serious problem.
I always hv delay periods 10 days or 12 days nd sometimes I missed my periods.. After diagnose we get small size of uterus. Is it the main reason of irregularity of periods. How can it cured. sometimes my gianologist regment me meprate. I want periods without taking medicine, is it possible. I think taking medicine for periods also leave sm side effects.
Don't feel like drinking water often in winter because it isn't warm enough? in winter, we do not sweat hence we do not feel thirsty like in summer, so automatically our water intake decreases. Water is important in keeping the body functioning properly, as well as flushing out toxins from the body.
Insufficient water intake may lead to:
Digestive problems like constipation.
Dry, itchy skin, acne: water keeps skin healthy, soft moisturized during the dry months of winter
Repeated urinary tract infections
Sneezing with dry cough
How much water should you take in winter
Men: 8-10 glasses/day
Women: 6-8 glasses/day
Lactating women: 8-12 glasses/day
Exercising men: 10-14 glasses/day
Exercising women: 8-12 glasses/day
Water requirements vary from person to person, depending on activity of the person.
How to increase water intake in winter?
Take clear soup before each meal. It will provide nutrition &amp; increase water intake of body.
Take herbal tea, it will increase taste buds indirectly water intake of body.
Natural fruit juices are another way to add to your daily water intake.
Drink one glass of water every two hours, strictly.
My wife is 10 weeks pregnant. She is having heavy morning sickness along with gas problem. Whatever she eats or drinks she just vomit every thing. Kindly help.
Going to get married soon. What is the most generic way used by couples to prevent pregnancy. I don't want to use a condom every time while having intercourse.
My purpose is to. Today;
Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn, pass all your tests, problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lesson you learn will last a life time.
At the end of day lie in your bed and ask yourself "how was your day?"
Today we use smartphones in every possible moment of life; it makes our life easy in every imaginable situation from managing professional contacts, to ordering food, to getting navigational assistance, to paying bills etc. But have you ever wondered, what is the price we would pay if we turn completely dependent or addicted to our smartphones? Smartphones can increase the chances of sleep disorders, lack of concentration, slows a child's socio-emotional growth, can cause compulsive nature etc.
Psychologist Shivani Misri Sadhoo suggests that apart from harmful phone radiations; smartphones and tablets has other ways too, to harm our mental & emotional health.
1. Smartphone Causes sleep disorder: When a person stares at the backlit portable screen of the phone or tablet, it shines short-wavelength, blue light, into the eyes. This stimulates the brain, telling it to stay alert and when Smartphone is used extensively post evening time, the chances are high that body will not release the hormone melatonin, essential for maintaining body’s biological clock. Hence depending on the person’s body sooner or later the chances are very high that person will suffer from the sleep disorder. Prolonged inadequate sleep, not only degenerate the brain cells, but it also causes high blood pressure and heart-related diseases.
2. Smartphones affects’ the social and emotional development of child: when a metropolitan child (generally they are burdened with school homework) is regularly allowed to play with smartphones, their opportunity to learn from face to face interactions or from physical activities get shorter. This affects their brain development as well as hinders their socio-emotional growth.
3.A smartphone gives an instant access to social networking sites and emails; these features sometimes can build compulsion among a person to constantly keep checking updates and emails. Such a compulsion can create lack of concentration, unnecessary mood swing (if the person find an unpleasant update or email at wrong hours of the day, like before sleep).
marriage counselor East of Kailash, best psychologist in Delhi, best psychologist in South Delhi, cure anxiety in south Delhi, psychologist in south delhi
Location: New Delhi, Delhi, India
I am a 17 yrs girl. I m suffering from polycystic disease. I am taking treatment from the age of 14-15. I have changed 5 gynecologist as no result was shown. Now I am frustrated from taking medicines so I have stopped taking medicines. Please suggest me the best gynecologist. And due to this disease I get stomachache, irregular periods, vomiting and frustration. Please tell me how long this disease will eat me up?
My cousin has a fibroid in her uterus she delivered a baby girl who is 6 months old now the doctor advised her to get operated when the baby is of 1 year old should she get dat operated or can it get cured by medicine.
Achilles Tendon pain is an orthopedic condition that can originate from tears and ruptures to the AchillesTendon, which is known as one of the strongest and also the longest tendon in the human body. It is a band of tissues that decides the quality of your movements and motions to a great extent, as it connects the heel with the calf. Therefore, any injury to this tendon can decrease the strength and support to the muscles and create a painful situation. So how can you deal with this pain? Read on to know more.
- Rice Therapy: Rice is a commonly used term by orthopedic specialist. It refers to Rest, Ice, Compression with a bandage, and finally Elevation. The patient must take lots of rest as well as use ice packs to deal with the injury and acute pain. Finally, the area must be compressed with a bandage and kept elevated on cushions.
- Surgery: For very severe cases, the orthopedic specialist can recommend surgery as well. This kind of surgery aims at reattaching the displaced or ruptured tendon which may have reached such a fate through a sports or any other kind of injury. The doctor may also place your leg in a cast for a few weeks to keep it at complete rest.
- Pain Medication: The doctor can also prescribe pain relievers that contain Ibuprofen as well as acetaminophen or even naproxen. These medicines should be taken in moderation as per the doctor's prescription. Usually, this kind of medication is taken only when unbearable pain is experienced by the patient.
- Thermotherapy or Heat Treatment: The use of heat for chronic pain or even pain that has been ailing for over 48 hours is known as thermotherapy. This therapy uses heating pads and hot water bottles to help relieve the pain. One must be careful while applying anything hot to the site of the injury. Use a towel to wrap the hot water bottle or heating pad so that there is no scalding or leaking on to the skin.
- Footwear: It is important to prevent continuous injury and pain to the already injured Achilles tendon. To do this, you must wear supportive and comfortable footwear that has heel lifts and other customized orthotics built into the shoes.
Taking care of Achilles Tendon pain is a matter of taking various precautions and supportive actions that lead to better healing.