Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Alka SriYour feedback matters!
My gf's vagina always remains wet before I touch it. Even in any normal condition, when is no question of excitement it remains also wet. What is the reason? Is it harmful to me or her?
Faints for some seconds after waking up and even when I stand after sitting for long time. Is this a serious problem?
I have irregular and painful periods problem this problem continue till then when my periods start .I have periods once in 2 months .what should I do?
When was the last time you got a full eight hours of sleep? If you’re like most population, you probably had to think about it. In a 2013 poll, nearly two thirds of pepole reported getting less than eight hours of sleep most nights. In fact, a lack of sleep has become so pervasive that it’s become a public health crisis.
But even though we always hear that we need to get the right amount of sleep, why is that important? Here’s what happens to your body when you don’t get enough sleep.
You May Fall Asleep and Not Know It
Even if you feel like you function well without enough sleep, your brain may think otherwise. It takes correct action through “microsleep” — split seconds where you unknowingly fall asleep and your brain simply stops processing things. Even if it’s just for a fraction of a second, there can be significant consequences whether you’re at home, at work, or driving. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, drowsy driving was responsible for 72,000 crashes and 800 deaths in 2013 in U.S.A.
Your Response Time is Impaired
Even one night of less-than-perfect sleep can result in slowed response times — and if you’re chronically fatigued, it’s even worse. In one study, they found that with just one night of less-than-great sleep (about six hours), response time is already significantly slower than normal. In chronically sleep deprived individuals, response times on par with people with blood alcohol content (BAC) of 0.10%. In addition to impaired driving, that can also mean problems at the office — a Harvard Medical School study found that 43 percent of workers with insomnia have admitted to making serious workplace error.
Your Quality of Life and Emotional Function Go Down
How do you feel after a poor night of sleep? Probably not great. So, it should come as no shock that, as the amount of sleep you get decreases, so does your enjoyment of your life. It makes sense — when you’re tired, you’re more likely to opt out of social activities. But on top of a lighter social calendar, a lack of sleep can contribute to anxiety and depression. You’re also less able to regulate your emotional responses. That means you may be more volatile, less able to deal with things that go wrong, and less likely to see things from a positive perspective. But there is good news — once you do catch up on your sleep, your mood will quickly return to normal.
Your Rhythm is — Literally — Off
When you get quality sleep, the neurotransmitters and hormones that regulate your circadian rhythm are operating normally, telling you to sleep at night and stay awake during the day. However, when your sleep cycle gets thrown off a bit, so do those hormones. After a few nights of unusual sleep patterns, your body may get turned around, telling you to sleep at the wrong time. It’s a vicious cycle — the more it happens, the more difficult it is to get back to normal patterns.
You’re Making Yourself Sick
The list of conditions sleep impacts is long — and, contrary to popular belief, it doesn’t take years for them to develop. Heart disease and diabetes are two of the most significant risks of poor sleep. One night of bad sleep can increase blood pressure for 24 hours, and regular hypertension can lead to coronary artery disease later down the road. The American Heart Association even recently added lack of sleep as a risk factor for coronary artery disease. Inadequate sleep also makes your body unable to metabolize glucose as effectively, leading to weight gain, increased appetite, and potentially diabetes.
The health impacts of poor sleep don’t stop there, though. If you aren’t sleeping well, you’re also putting yourself at risk for respiratory problems, cognitive impairments, decreased immune function, and more.
So What Can I Do About It?
There are small things you can do to counteract one bad night of sleep — coffee, exercise, getting out in the sunlight — but if you’re chronically sleep deprived, you need to start a conversation with your primary care provider (PCP). Sleep can sometimes be a challenging topic to discuss, so come prepared with notes about your sleep habits, including what you’re doing before bed, how long it takes you to fall asleep, how often you wake up at night, what time you wake up, and how your energy levels are. Data from apps or devices like Fitbits can also be useful in providing insights into your sleep habits. The more information you have for your PCP, the better — it helps them know the extent of your sleep problems so they can make the best possible treatment recommendations.
I am 5 months pregnant my local doctor advice me to eat iron tablet bt whenever I eat this tablet it never digest I keep vomiting all day whenever I eat this. What should I eat in diet that recover the iron kindly suggest any fruit or vegetable instead of tablet.
Hi Before I get married I was too thin after I got my daughter. I became fat because I used to take ipill is it just because of ipill m fat.
Hi my period has not come and it is 37 th day upt is negative and bhcg is 5.62 could I still be pregnant.
6 effective ways to manage period pain
Although menstrual cycles or monthly periods are a normal physiological process, they can sometimes be accompanied by pain and excessive cramping and can affect your quality of life. While the pain is usually tolerable and goes away in a day or two, it can be worse on some occasions. Here are some effective ways to handle period pain:
1. Use a heating pad
You can place a heating pad or a hot water bottle over your lower abdominal area to help in relieving pain. Heat is quite helpful in easing the cramping and reducing the intensity of pain.
2. Massage with essential oils
Massaging with certain aromatic essential oils is also an effective way to relieve menstrual cramps. These include lavender oil, eucalyptus oil, clary sage oil and marjoram oil. Massage your lower back and abdomen with these oils for best results. You can massage at around bedtime for a restful sleep and relief from cramping.
This might come as a surprise but exercise helps to release the pain relieving chemicals called endorphins. Experts suggest that women who exercise regularly often have less menstrual pain. To prevent cramps in the future, make exercise a part of your lifestyle.
4. Have herbal teas
Certain teas help in reducing the intensity of period pain and cramping. These include peppermint tea, cinnamon tea, ginger tea, chamomile tea and tulsi tea. You can add any of these teas during your periods for easing the pain and cramps.
5. Take a pain killer
You can take pain medications to relieve cramps. These include paracetamol, mefenamic acid and other analgesics. Paracetamol is an over the counter medicine but for others you will need a prescription from a doctor. It is best to take these medications as soon as bleeding or cramping starts. Painkillers can however cause side effects like acidity, gastritis and even stomach ulcers if taken too frequently.
6. Try pain relief patches
These are subcutaneous skin patches that can be applied directly over the skin. They are purely herbal and contain eucalyptus oil and menthol, both of which help in reducing cramping and relaxing the muscles. These patches release the ingredients in a controlled manner, thereby maintaining their levels in the blood stream throughout the day. This helps in ensuring long lasting action. They are easily available as over the counter medications. The advantages of these patches are that they are 100% herbal, are extremely easy to use and are free from side effects that can occur by popping painkillers on a regular basis.
So, go ahead and try these pain relieving therapies and enjoy pain free periods. Stay healthy, stay happy!
Dear doctor, my wife is going to complete her 7th month pregnancy. So what are the exercise she has to do in the morning and evening? last week our consultant doctor told that blood is low so my wife has been advised to take eight blood injections with in one month. Now she had two injections so far. Now I feel hesitate to take remaining injection. Whether should we take injection or in stead of this can we eat more fruits and food? if we can, please suggest us to what are the fruits and food items should have? thank you.
My gf and me doing sex on 17 dec and after 1 hour later my gf get a pill of unwanted 72 but after 5 days no period but she doing vomiting, is it risky? For pregnancy?
Ayurvedic massages are being performed for a long time for the overall mind and body support. This Indian traditional medicine ensures proper interaction between the mind, body and soul from the powers that lie within the human body. These messages are normally performed with the application of warm essential oils and help in improving the blood circulation, stimulating the lymphatic system and opening the body force.
Some of the special and highly beneficial Ayurvedic massages are:
- Pizhichil: This Ayurvedic massage includes pouring of warm essential oils from a specialized type of vessel known as Kindi, which is placed at a considerable height while the expert masseur executes the massage. As the massage is done for balancing out the Vata dosha, the essential oil is chosen on the basis of the patient's condition. The warmth of the oil is necessary for removing the Vata dosha and is extremely beneficial for individuals suffering from soreness caused from fractures, stiffness in various parts of the body, paralysis, monoplegia, hemiplegia and paraplegia.
- Njavarakizhi: This massage is aimed at increasing perspiration in the body and is very popular in Kerala. Here, after the application of the warm medicated oil, pressurized massage is given with small cotton bags that are filled with a specific type of processed rice termed as 'Njavara'. While the massage is given, cotton bags are dipped into cow milk, and a distinctive herbal paste is utilized for the production of sweat.
- Shirodhara: As the name says, this is a head massage that helps in stimulating the nerves present in the scalp area. It is mainly done through applying herbal or medicated oil on the head region in a continuous flow or stream. This massage is perfect for relieving mental fatigue, increasing focus and easing headaches.
- Elakizhi and Ubtaan: These types of Ayurvedic massages involve a combination of different herbal materials that form an effective beauty and skin solution. Both these massages help in revitalizing the skin, improving the texture of the skin, nourishing the body and improving the circulation, all these help in making the person appear fresh and beautiful.
Along with these Ayurvedic massages, there are several other types of massages available like the Gharshana that doesn't require any lubricant, Udvartana that helps in releasing the toxins from the body, and Abhyangam which is a whole body massage. Each of these massages is suitable for a specific condition and thus you must speak with an expert to know, which massage would be ideal for you.
Im 18 years girl I have un wanted hair on my chin and above the upper lip. Please give me solution for my problem. I don't have any other health problems and hormonal problems.
I am a 30 years old female and my problem is my period is not normal I had 2 children's and both are cesarian and I got family planning immediately after second birth. Just now I checked thyroid it is normal. I am fat and my weight is above 100. Kindly suggest me some foods and how do I reduce my fat for my normal period every month thanks.
In a normal pregnancy, the egg that the ovaries release enters the fallopian tube. If a sperm fertilises it, the fertilised egg attaches itself inside the uterus. However, sometimes the fertilised egg can attach itself outside the uterus. This condition is called ectopic pregnancy.
Ectopic pregnancy can be detected in the first few weeks of the pregnancy itself. If your doctor does discover ectopic pregnancy, you would need immediate medical attention. Ectopic pregnancies can be sad and scary. The survival rate of the baby is extremely low, and you may need some time to get over your loss. Fortunately, one ectopic pregnancy doesn't mean you can never conceive again. Many women who lost their first baby to ectopic pregnancy have been able to have a healthy and normal pregnancy the second time around.
The causes of ectopic pregnancy include:
- An inflammation or infection of the fallopian tube can lead it to become entirely or partially blocked.
- Scar tissue from a surgery or an infection of the fallopian tube may also hinder the movement of the fertilised egg.
- Surgery in the tubes or pelvic areas in the past might cause adhesions.
- Birth defects or abnormal growths can cause anomalies in the shape of the tube.
These causes are usually followed by certain risk factors, such as:
- Age (The age group of 35-44 especially)
- An ectopic pregnancy in the past
- Previous abdominal or pelvic surgery
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Several prompted abortions
- Conceiving with an intrauterine device in place
- Endometriosis (growth of uterus lining tissues outside the uterus).
- Fertility treatments.
The signs and symptoms of ectopic pregnancy include:
- Minimal vaginal bleeding
- Vomiting and nausea with pain
- Pain in the lower abdomen
- Sharp cramps in the abdomen
- Localised pain (Pain concentrated on one side of your body)
- Pain in your neck, rectum or shoulder
- Rupture of the fallopian tubes can cause fainting due to the bleeding and pain
The treatment of ectopic pregnancy can be any one of the following:
- If the pregnancy has not progressed too far, methotrexate will be administered. This absorbs the pregnancy tissue and can save the fallopian tubes.
- The tubes may be removed if they have ruptured or stretched, and have started bleeding.
- Laparoscopic surgery (operations performed by making minor incisions) may be performed to remove or repair the tubes and recover the ectopic pregnancy.
Watermelon (white portion -peel) dosa
Isn’t it amazing to have a fruit whose each and every part is useful, the fruit itself pink portion, seeds and yes the rind i. E the white portion, yesterday I had posted a sabzi out of it. A few days back I tried this dosa believe me its amazing …. Do try.
- Rice – 1 1/2 cup
- Melon pieces (white rind portion alone) – 1 cup
- Fenugreek seeds – 1/2tsp
- Scrapped coconut – 1/2 cup
- Red chillies, coriander seeds, cumin seed
- Finely chopped onion-1 med, green chilli-2-3, coriander and curry leaves
- Salt – for taste
- Soak rice and fenugreek seeds in water for two hours.
- Puree the white portion of the watermelon.
- Grind the soaked rice, coconut and melon puree together into a smooth batter. You can also add red chillies, coriander seeds, cumin seeds while grinding.
- Add salt to the batter and mix well. The batter doesn’t have to ferment.
- The batter should be little thinner than idli batter consistency.
- Now add finely chopped onion, green chilli, coriander and curry leaves to the batter and mix well. Keep this aside for about 15 minutes so that all the flavours blend well.
- Heat tawa/griddle and pour a ladle full of batter spread and cook on both the sides in medium-low heat till they turn golden brown.
- Serve hot with chutney or sambar.