Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Hello doctor I am pratik I am 30 year old boy and I have piles problem last 8 days please suggest me home remedies.
I have got delivery a month ago.in how many months in maximum I will get to know if I have hernia. I do travel by rickshaw. Climb stairs and walk alot. What are the causes of hernia.
I have leg pain for three months what should I do and I have consulting an ayurvedic doctor for three months.
Which test helps us to understand status of kidney function as I want to know kidney is working normal or not other than creatinine and blood urea? As my creatinine is increased to 1.1 from 0.75 and urea to 21 from 10 in 4 months. Thanks.
Itching problem , rashes ho raha hay khujli oi prblm ho raha hay I'm a teacher , daily journey perspiration soet , in my back pachu ass above the round round fat stored back my itching problem are at that point very irritating , little painful there are so many of red color dot dot dot dot , little frumpy I want to remove it , please doctor I think I can explain you and you understand may be my English is not good but I tried to explain my word by English language. Thanks and regards.
I am watching porn my age is 16 I feel like my hands are shaking do you think I am not eligible to give birth to a child? and whats the remedy. And your advice.
Hi, I get headaches often and I recently have got light vibrations on my hands legs like small tremors kind. Why is this happening?
I am female I have only two month headache, I have delivery jan5so, any problems, I don't know headache.
I am 47 years old male working in pvt ltd company as admin manger sufring from errection problem and early ejuclation I am taking local viagra. Please suggest any gud medicin for long time and no side effect.
My mother is a diabetic patient since a year. From 8-9 months, she feels very stressed and starts crying very frequently. On being diagnosed, she was detected to have hyper tension. But the doctor says it will be a very slow recovery process. Can you please suggest something that may help in her early recovery.Please tell.
What is Palpitation?
Palpitation is a feeling of awareness of your own heart beat. It is usually described as heart rate being either too fast (racing), too slow or a sensation of missing a beat.
Types of palpitations?
- These palpitations occur as a response to physical or mental stress like exercise, fever, pain, fear, anxiety etc.
- They are harmless and settle on their own once the precipitating factors disappear. They do not require any medical treatment.
- These palpitations occur due to some underlying abnormality in either the structure of heart or the beating of heart.
- These can be dangerous and at times life threatening. They may or may not settle on their own and require some medical treatment.
Warning signs that suggest palpitations are abnormal?
Palpitations are abnormal, if they are associated with chest heaviness, chest pain, uneasiness, sweating, weakness, giddiness, feeling of black out, fainting, nausea, vomiting, seizures. Palpitations are more likely to be abnormal in people who have some existing heart disease and these patients should report to their doctor at the earliest.
What to do during palpitations?
- Stay calm.
- Call for help. If u are alone avoid driving, use a taxi or auto, go to your nearest hospital/doctor and try to get an ECG during the palpitations. If you are helping someone having palpitations, if they faint, call for help, start CPR if they remain unresponsive and take them to the nearest hospital.
Which doctor can treat palpitations?
Doctors who specialise in the treatment of palpitations are called Electrophysiologists. They specialise in heart rhythm and are capable of performing a variety of complex tests to identify and treat different types of palpitations.
Which investigations are used to diagnose palpitations?
- ECG: Taken during palpitations and when the patient is normal is a very helpful tool.
- Holter: Externally applied recorder, which continuously records heart rhythm for 24 hrs.
- ELR: Extended loop recorder, is like holter, but it records rhythm for longer durations.
- ILR: Internal loop recorder is attached within the body for recording rhythm for long duration.
- EPS: Electrophysiology study, is the most sure shot test to diagnose, identify and treat Palpitations.
What is EPS?
EPS stands for Electrophysiology study. By this test a trained Electrophysiologist studies the conduction and formation system of heart beat, to understand the source, cause and type of palpitation. It is a simple and safe procedure of 2 to 3 hours and can be done as a day care procedure (by admitting the patient for a few hours in hospital, with discharge on same day).
It requires fasting for 4 hrs, some standard blood investigations and is done with local anaesthesia and if required it can be combined with treatment like ablation in the same sitting.In the procedure Electrophysiologist take catheters into your heart to study and stimulate the palpitations and understand them. Once found they can use various techniques to stop the palpitations, the techniques are called Ablation.
What are the treatment options available for palpitations?
There are many options depending upon the nature of palpitations and condition of the patient:
- Drug therapy
- Cardioversion where either a drug or electric shock is given to stop palpitations immediately.
Ablations using many sophisticated computer softwares
Device Therapy like ICD (Internal cardiac defibrillator)
Combination of all the above therapies.
Your Electrophysiologist and you as a team can make a choice about the options that will be best for you.
Related Tip: "Why Do You Get Palpitations? How to Get Immediate Relief?"