Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Anesthesiologists in India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ajay Kumar
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. Ajay KumarYour feedback matters!
I have uric acid level 9mg and my CRP test shows reactive. I have swelling on my left leg pad pain. Treatment is going on. I have visited one orthopedics for pain but then he asked for uric acid and CRP tests. Is there any special doctor for this with specialty in this.
I am a 29 years old man and feeling sometimes pain in my left side the portion between my hip and rib bone. Not in stomach but in exactly at left hand knee level. Can you solve my problem.
Hello sir I have a ligament problem I am a kabaddi player my ligament is cracked tell me something what can i do its very painful on that time I will slip or playing any think.
Hello my mother age is 58 years old she has back pain, has a gap in back doctors said operation may not success we consulted ayurvedic hospital also but she has got acidity through the ayurveidc medicine she has tablet Allergy also currently she is feeling weakness? could you please suggest some tonic tablet to her and what diet she has to take,
I am 37 yr female single having pain in my backbone and waist line also now a days hairs are falling very much. Please suggest.
You must have often heard about sports person, especially those associated with tennis or baseball (that involves continuous arm movement) suffer from rotator cuff injury. But what exactly is this injury? To understand the condition better, you need to know what is a rotator cuff. A rotator cuff is a group of tendons and muscles that keep the shoulder joints stable enabling a person to rotate or lift their shoulders freely.
With time, certain activities may cause a wear and tear of the rotator cuff injuring them. The injury sustained can result from a partial or a complete tear.
A partial tear of the rotator cuff may damage the tendons, but it will remain attached to the bones. However, in the case of a complete tear, the injury is more severe that penetrates deep within detaching the tendons off the bone (humerus).
Who can suffer from a Rotator Cuff Injury?
While the condition can affect anyone, people under the following situations stand a greater chance of injuring their rotator cuff.
- People in their old age may suffer from the Rotator Cuff injury as with age the tendons and muscles may undergo a degeneration.
- The injury may also be genetically linked.
- The problem is found to be common among tennis and baseball players.
- Painters, as well as carpenters who need to move their arms and shoulders continuously in a particular direction, stand at a risk of injuring the rotator cuff.
Symptoms associated with a Rotator Cuff Injury
People with a Rotator Cuff Injury may exhibit the following symptoms and associated discomfort.
- The rotator cuff ensures the free and comfortable rotation of the arm and the shoulder. An injury will limit this rotation. As a result, a person may experience great difficulty and pain in lifting and moving the arm.
- Lying on the affected shoulder can be a painful experience.
- There is instability of the shoulder joints followed by weakness.
- A person finds it difficult to carry out the basic activities such as bringing a glass of water close to the mouth or combing the hair.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs and painkillers (Acetaminophen) may be used to reduce the pain and swelling associated with the injury.
- Physiotherapy and various strengthening exercise can go a long way to deal with shoulder weakness, stiffness, and restricted movement. However, one needs to have patience as the treatment may take time to produce the desired results.
- In extreme cases, the doctor may opt for a surgery.
- Arthroscopic surgery: The procedure is simple and involves a small incision on the affected shoulder to place an arthroscope (that comes fitted with a camera and the surgical instruments) to treat the condition.
- The doctor may also carry out an open surgery or a mini-open surgery (an amalgamation of open and arthroscopic surgery) to fix the tear.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!