Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. AgarwalYour feedback matters!
1. I often get severe back pain, please advice what could be the reason? 2. What are the symptoms of Thyroid. Pls help?
Hi, since long time I'm suffering from back pain, nerves pain and joint pain, weakness, and whenever I commit sex I feel more pain in my back n joints and weakness. Could you please help me on the same.
My wife aged 59 yrs old is suffering from chronic back ache and left hip pain to the knee since last 12-15 yrs. An mri taken for spine which reports as under:- vertebral bodies appear normal in height, alignment and signal inyensity. No spondylolisthesis or spondylosis. Posterior elements are normal. Disc dessication changes noted involving l5-s1. Diffuse disc bulge noted at l3-l4 and l-4l5 causing anterior thecal sac indentation causiong bilateral lateral recess at l4-l5. Facet joints are normal. Cord appears normal in bulky and signal intensity. Pre and paravertibral soft tissue are normal. Conus medullaris is normal. Impression:- diffuse disc bulge at l3-l4 and l4-l5 causing anterior thecal sac indentation and bilateral lateral recess narrowing l4-l5. Kindly give your advice.
I am 30 years old female. I have headache and shoulder back ache pain. Last 4 month Not relief what l should do now.
My mom is around 62 years. She has back pain and leg pain she cannot stand straight once she sit for a long time. Lot of medication has been tried including ayurvedic, homeopathic and English. But no use.
I had undergone arthroscopic surgery for my right knee for cartridge tear. Now after 6 months I have pain again in my knee.
Hi, I'm 32 years old I have heel spur in my right heel its vry painful I changed my footwear and did wax treatment and ultrasound many sessions but it is temporary relief please suggest me the permanent treatment.
I have a problem of shoulder dislocation.My shoulder already dislocated 4 times till now.Any measure to over come shoulder dislocation?
I am a 56 years old male and have left shoulder (joint) pain for last 1 year what sohuld I do. Please.
I am 19 year old I have back pain since the last few days and I can't stand for enough time what should I do?
My fathers leg pains alot? but he get relief after a massage. Is there any medical treatment to get him well.
Doctor my son 3+ his waight 10. His both knees pain sleeping time at night. But he his active. We counseled to locol doctors. They asked us he is normal pain. Wt we do.
Our bones are composed of calcium deposits, and with age, the amount of deposits gradually reduce, leading to porous bones called in medical terms as osteoporosis - osteo for bone and porosis for porous. As the bones grow porous, they are more brittle and prone for fracture. In severe conditions, a person's limb length can also be altered, leading to stooped and shortened stature.
Osteoporosis is more common in females, especially after menopause, as there is a strong hormonal connection to osteoporosis. An advice for females post 40 is to include calcium and vitamin d supplements, thereby delaying the onset and reducing the severity of this condition.
Once it does set in, there are various medications available; however, as with most allopathic medications, there are side-effects. Well-known as it is, homeopathy treats the individual and not just the disease. Listed below are some common treatments, which improve calcium and phosphorus metabolism, reduce bone loss, and improve bone mass.
- Calcarea carbonica - This works well in patients who have issues with calcium absorption, get tired easily, are anxious and stressed out easily. Cold often worsens the pain and there could be swelling of joints and neck and back pain. There is also a strong craving for sweets in these people.
- Calcarea phosphorica - This works very well in cases where the spine has been affected. Patients with softened spine and curved body benefit very well from this. This also can be used where there is associated anemia and increased bone pain due to cold weather. At an emotional level, people with general dissatisfaction and a strong desire to travel and wanting a change of situations can also benefit from this.
- Calcaria iod - In addition to bone loss, where there is muscular and fat deficiency, this supplement has been proven to work well.
- Silicea (silica) - Delicate people who are often very nervous and get tired easily and have a low resistance to infection get benefited from this medication. The spine is the most affected, and there might even be fractures and pus or fistula formation. It helps in healing broken bones and removing bone splinters. This works well in cases where calcium assimilation is affected by improving calcium assimilation.
- Symphytum - Popularly known as 'knit bone,' this medicine is believed to help unite fractured bones very effectively by promoting strong callous formation. Not just new fractures, this also helps in patients who have pain in old healed or partially healed fractures.
To conclude, there are many remedies that can help treat osteoporosis and its consequences, the above being the few popular ones.