Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Adit Mathur
Treatment of Erection Problems
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment of Sexual Dysfunction
Weight Management Treatment
Prp Hair Transplant
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Health Check Up
Submit a review for Dr. Adit MathurYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Adit Mathur to be well-reasoned, professional, practical, very helpful and knowledgeable. Out of all the doctors, i feel your consultation was the best because i could understand the issue well. Thankyou for the timely response.
Thank you Dr Adit for your valuable advise. most important thing which i liked how calmly you listen my all problems now i recovering well, no problem at all
Dr Adit was very patient and listened to my problems attentively and gave best treatment and care
Influenza or seasonal flu is basically a viral infection. It is different from common flu that accounts for many conditions that occur due to changing weather. These conditions include cold, stomach problems and fever. Influenza or flu comes with a variety of symptoms and is primarily caused by a virus due to lack of precautions taken as far as food and outings go, during the changing seasons. Let us find out more about the symptoms and treatment.
Symptoms: The main symptoms of this condition include fever, an aching body, dullness, fatigue, dry hacking coughs, a sore throat and even headaches. Appetite loss and drowsiness are also some symptoms of the condition.
Causes: Influenza is usually caused by either of the two influenza viruses, such as virus A or Virus B. The strains of these viruses are known to change every year.
- Congestion: The main form of treatment revolves around treating the congestion that may have occurred in the nasal or the sinus tracts. The treatment for this is usually done with the help of nasal decongestants or sprays which can be used for a few days to get relief until the infection and congestion leaves the body. One must avoid the use of these decongestants for prolonged periods of time as they can make the condition reoccur again and again.
- Allergies: Histamine is the chemical that the body produces automatically when an allergy hits. This is what causes influenza and hay fever as well. One can get treated with the help of anti-histamine drugs that will be prescribed for the doctor in case an allergic reaction or hay fever is detected. This drug can cause severe drowsiness, so it is best to take it at night and wake up fresh in the morning.
- Blood Pressure and Other Complications: It is important to know what kind of medication you are allergic to, before you ingest anything or take a spray. If you are suffering from high blood pressure or any other cardiovascular complications, then you may want to steer clear of decongestants as these sprays can increase the blood pressure as well as the heart rate of the patient.
- Cough: In order to cure a cough, one can take a cough medicine that will also have anti-histamines and analgesics, which will help in clearing the pollutants, dirt and allergens that have caused the cough.
- Fever: In case you are experiencing fever and body ache, you can take aspirin or acetaminophen. However, this should be avoided by children.
With the treatment, one should take ample precautions while stepping out the home. Also, the patient should be careful about the dosage to avoid an overdose.
The number of people affected by hypertension is constantly on the rise. The most important concern with people developing hypertension is that it is not an isolated issue. It brings with it a host of problems, including higher chances of stroke, heart disease, diabetes, and kidney diseases. While there is no definite cure for hypertension, it is definitely possible to control it using the following measures.
- Weight control: Greater the body mass index (BMI), higher is the chances of developing hypertension. Check with your doctor to know what the ideal weight is and try to maintain it. If overweight, losing even 10 pounds can make a big difference to your blood pressure.
- Diet management: Excessive salt, calories, fat, and sugar are to be avoided. Sodium is one of the main culprits for increasing blood pressure and should be avoided. Include fruits and vegetables that are rich in potassium and magnesium. Reducing salt is another major way to control blood pressure. Fish oils with omega-3 fatty acids are extremely good for the health of the heart and so consult your doctor to include the right amounts in your diet.
- Exercise: A regular workout regimen can reduce the chances of developing blood pressure by up to 40% to 50%. This should not be misinterpreted as the need for vigorous workouts. Even small, regular physical activity daily goes a long way in controlling blood pressure.
- Alcohol: While quitting alcohol is the best thing to do, for those finding it difficult to do so, cutting down on it plays a big role in controlling blood pressure. No more than a drink per day for women, and no more than two per day for men are recommended.
- Stress management: Stress is one of the major causes for increasing blood pressure, and so managing stress is very important. Whether music or meditation, pick your stress buster and see your blood pressure lowered.
- Medications: If you are already on a medication regimen, strictly adhere to the schedule. Consult your doctor before adding herbal supplements or dietary supplements. Taken individually, they may be good for health, but there are good chances of them interacting with your regular medications.
- Monitor: Once you have been diagnosed with high blood pressure, have periodic check-ups with your doctor to ensure it is within the permissible limits. If beyond limits, immediately correct it.
As noted, hypertension is not an isolated issue and brings with it a whole lot of issues. Controlling it can help control the other issues that would follow and improve the quality of life.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Ever been in a situation where a medicine you used to take regularly to deal with something, suddenly stopped being effective? This is because of antibiotic resistance. This refers to the ability of bacteria to change their structure so as to resist the antibiotic. Thus an illness that was once easy treatable is no longer effected by the same medicines and the bacteria causing the infection multiply thus worsening the condition.
How do bacteria turn antibiotic resistant?
When you take a drug, not all the bacteria are affected equally. While some bacteria die out, others turn dormant. Repeated and improper use of antibiotics can lead to these dormant bacteria multiplying and spreading the disease instead of containing it. One of the main causes of this is using strong antibiotics to treat minor viral illnesses.
What can you do to fight antibiotic resistance?
- Follow your prescription: When taking a course of antibiotics it is also essential to complete the course and not leave it midway just because you are feeling better. Antibiotics are also most effective when taken regularly. Hence avoid skipping a dose in your treatment. Doing this does not completely cure the infection but increases the bacteria's resistance to the drug.
- Do not take someone else's medicine: Self medicating can do more harm than good. Each drug attacks a particular combination of symptoms. Taking medication prescribed for someone else can increase the bacteria's resistance to antibiotics. It can also delay correct treatment thus allowing your condition to worsen.
- Discard leftover medication: When stored for long periods of time, medicines lose their potency. Thus if you were to take them later, they would be less naturally less effective against the bacteria.
- Do not take antibiotics for a viral infection: In any case, antibiotics to not address viruses and hence the medicine will not have a beneficial effect on the virus. However, it can affect the bacteria present in your body making it resistant to the drug.
- Do not use antibiotics for an extended duration: Antibiotic use such as treatment for acne can contribute to antibiotic resistance. If you must take any such medication, ensure that you are being cared for by a healthcare professional. Most doctors will suggest giving your body breaks between antibiotic courses when it comes to long term medication.
- Try natural remedies: Many common bacterial infections can be successfully treated naturally in the early stages. Aloe vera, turmeric, garlic and tea tree oil are some natural cures for a range of bacterial infections. The biggest advantage of these natural cures is their lack of side effects. However, if your condition is not improved with natural remedies, consult a doctor for stronger medications before your situation gets worse.
Ever wondered why some people fall ill more often than others? Part of the reason is a poor immune system. The immune system is the body’s defense mechanism against all types of infections. There are a number of ways to strengthen one’s immune system. Here are 10 tips that could help.
- Eat Probiotics: Contrary to popular belief, not all bacteria are bad. 80% of the immune system is in the gut. Keeping gut bacteria healthy can help boost the immune system. An easy way to do this is to have probiotics regularly. This could be in the form of probiotic supplements or probiotic food like curd.
- Eat enough: Many people cut back on the food being eaten in an effort to lose weight. While a low calorific intake can help you lose weight, this is not good weight loss. Not eating enough can reduce your energy levels and keep antibodies from reaching all the parts of the body.
- Sleep well: 8-10 hours of sleep every night is essential for a good immune system. This helps the body rejuvenate itself and improves the immune system’s ability to fight against infections.
- Drink some soup: Stock or broth made from animal bones can act as great sources of glutamine. This amino acid powers the immune system. Glutamine is also available in the form of supplemental tablets and powders.
- Get some sun: Exposing the body to sun light is the easiest way to replenish vitamin D levels. Another way to get your daily amount of vitamin D is through cod liver oil capsules.
- Drink plenty of water: Water not only helps hydrate the body, it also flushes toxins form the body. Ideally, one should drink 8-10 glasses of water each day.
- Quit sugar: Sugar increases the calorific intake but provides no nourishment. For this reason, these calories are also known as empty calories. Quitting sugar can help improve your overall health and boost the immune system.
- Quit alcohol: Like sugar, alcohol does not provide any nourishment to the body. Instead, it impairs the immune system’s ability to function and increases the risk of infections. Hence, it is best to quit alcohol.
- Use herbs and spices: Herbs and spices in your kitchen not only add flavour to your food but can also help strengthen the immune system. the most important herbs for the immune system include garlic, ginger, pepper and onions.
- Exercise: Lastly, exercise regularly. Exercise has many benefits including weight management, improved blood circulation and better immunity. If you do not have the time for an extensive workout, try incorporating exercise into your daily routine. For example, take the stairs instead of the elevator.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!