Lybrate.com has top trusted ENT Specialists from across India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. A. S. BaisYour feedback matters!
I am 31 years Male, Height 5'7" weight 74 kgNo any inherited disease record healthy yoga person. Problem lies here is with my Snoring at night, what should i do to get rid from this?
I have continuous sound ringing in my ears. First it started with the left ear and now it sounds in both the ears. I've been with this situation for almost 8 months. Once I've consulted a doctor who prescribed "cognix plus" apart from some other tabs, but there wasn't any change. I've read about this condition as "tinnitus " So how to ged rid of this.Please tell.
I am suffering from chronic pancreatitis and recently detected with diabetes type 3. Also currently I have trapezium muscles pain bcoz of wich I am getting headache n little dizzy type for fraction of sec also I have lower back pain and also weight loss but not stable n feel weakness. Is it normal with these symptoms.
I AM 26 Year old and I am suffering from runny and itchy nose from 30 days. Kindly tell the disease name and cure as well.
I have a problem of allergy from dust and other cold things Symptoms: sneezing and throat problem then breathing problem please advice me what I have to do.
I have a cough from around 6 days I have running nose what to do tried almost every home cure please help me.
The most common ear infections happen because of bacterial or viral growth in the middle ear, the part which lies just behind the ear drum. Middle-ear infections can be very painful and children are most commonly reported in children. Most of these infections are caused by the blockage of the Eustachian tube, which connects the ear and the throat, causing the build-up of fluids and swelling. Here is a guide to the most common forms of ear infections and their symptoms, ranging from the acute to the chronic.
Acute infections have intense symptoms but can be cured with time and treatment. They generally last for shorter durations.
In Chronic cases of infections, the patient complains of recurrent symptoms multiple times. Chronic ear infections have the potential of causing permanent damage to the ear.
Symptoms reported by most patients with Ear infections:
1. Pain in the ear (Mild to severe): This is caused due to increased pressure owing to the blockage of the Eustachian tube. Collection of fluid inside the ear would increase the intensity of pain in most cases. Children will keep tugging at their ear and most likely be cranky.
2. Redness and swelling: Both of these are inevitable accompanying symptoms in case of any infection in the body.
3. Oozing of the fluids: The blockage leads to the fluid being released from the ear which can be watery, thick yellow or mixed with blood depending on the severity and type of infection.
5. Difficulty in sleeping.
6. In some cases when the infection spreads, difficulty in balancing the body is experienced as body balance is maintained by ears.
7. The patient might also experience increased irritability.
8. Ear infections can also cause a hearing problem if the condition continues to go untreated.
Ear infections should be promptly dealt with to prevent long-term damages. So here is what should be done when you have ear pain symptoms.
1. Consult an ENT who will prescribe pain medication as the first line of treatment.
2. After the necessary tests are done, antibiotics are prescribed in most cases by the doctor. Other medications for palliative treatment (to ease the symptoms) are administered. However in a few rare cases, the infection might be because of non-bacterial causes in which antibiotics might not cure the state.
3. In case the problem keeps recurring, one must visit the doctor again and get further tests and treatment done.
As prevention is always better than cure, care should be taken to avoid all chances of carrying the infection to your ear. Maintain cleanliness in and around, especially in the case of children.
For further queries; we'd be happy to help!
I have been getting inflamed tonsils for the past 2 years. I am planning to get the operation done. How much possibility there is of getting it back? and for how much time would I be away from it? and yes I am 23 years old male and also would it be okay to get the treatment done from a clinic instead of an hospital?
I am a 21 years old male, I work in a call centre I speak for approximately 7 hrs after every 2 months I get a sore throat infection and body pains along with mild fever. Can we put this to an halt, is there any medication to stop this? also I eat healthy food daily still my weight is 51 kgs can you recommend something to that would help me gain weight.
Hi I have consulted a doctor for throat pain and cough and for feverish feeling. He gave da following tablets for days. 1. Dolo 650 2. Bactocuu 625 3 Ambrodil tonic 4. Livicitaal 5. IP 150 mg But no use of above tablets. Still I am facing too much pain in throat and too much cough. The doctor is not available today. Can you give prescription for my problem I do not have any health issues except dis. Thanks in Advance.
I have never had any disease but yesterday I felt bit giddy. I checked my bp. It was 150/100 in right arm and 120/80 in another arm. I also felt palpitation. Now today I m bit better. Bp is now 130 /90 in right arm n 120/80 in left arm. I am studying most of the time. So I have a sedentary lifestyle. I dnt go for walk or exercise. I sit for most of the time. I m only 27 years old. What is the reason for this?
My left ear is heavy when I get up in the morning for the past few days. No pain. Please advise. I am 61 years old diabetic.
Suffering from severe sinus problem. Each day morning. And am getting tired often. Please help me out.
This is hania 30 years old, I catched cold badly since monday, I have throat pain, I used to amoxicillin 500 from yesterday but now I don't feeling better please help me.
I am 65 year old. I am suffering from sinus last ten years.I had taken many medicine, no cure what kind of medicine ,i would have taken.
Physical pain can often be overwhelming especially for children. Ear ache can cause terrible discomfort to children and can give sleepless nights to both children and parents. It is important for new mom and dads to know the basic causes and remedies of an ear ache. That way the little kids can get relief faster. We will help you know more about ear pain in children. Infants and toddlers suffer more, as they can’t express their discomfort. It is crucial to watch out for symptoms like high fever, pulling or tugging ear, white or yellowish discharge coming out of the ear, restlessness, loss of sleep and appetite.
- The most common cause for ear pain is Acute Otitis Media (AOM) or middle ear infection. Small children are especially vulnerable to this infection. The infection causes fever and pain in children. Infection occurs when the fluid produced, can’t be drained by the Eustachian tube. It happens mostly after a bout of cold in kids. Because of it, the Eustachian tube gets swollen making it difficult for the fluid to flow out.
- Tonsillitis or an infection of the tonsils can also lead to an ear ache.
- Too much ear wax can also cause pain in the ear.
- In the case of a mild case of infection, certain home remedies can give immediate relief. So before running to the emergency, try a few of these.
- A hot or cold compress can give some relief. Get a heating pad or ice bag/ pack for this treatment. Children and even adults benefit from this remedy. However, it is not advisable to use heating pads on babies.
- If the child is old enough to sleep with a pillow keep his/her head elevated.
- If the pain is too much to bear, over the counter analgesics like acetaminophen or ibuprofen can be given provided the stipulated dose for children and infants are maintained.
- If the pain is light, simple distraction method works great among children. They can be engaged with either a storybook, a new toy or some game. Letting them munch on their favourite snack can also help.
- Some home remedies recommend putting a few drops of olive oil inside the ear. Though this method does not have any scientific base, it might give relief, however, it is necessary to check with your child’s doctor before applying this.
- The most common way to treat this infection is, however, by giving them antibiotics. If the pain persists, visit your child’s doctor, let them examine his/her ears and then if he feels he will prescribe antibiotics.
Prevention Is Better Than Cure:
Says all seasoned parents. Hence know when to be careful to avoid further ear infections. Some point to ponder.
- Since ear infections typically start with a common cold, get your child a flu vaccine every year. This will prevent him from catching cold often.
- If your child is going to the daycare or school, make sure they do not encourage the sick child to come to school.
- Do not let your infant lie down with a bottle before sleeping.