Lybrate.com has top trusted ENT Specialists from across India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. A. S. BaisYour feedback matters!
Related to ENT....have got ear infection couple fo months back and went to doctor. Medicines worked and the pain has gone. But, later after a month or so, whenever I am drinking water, slight pain in ear, tooth and around throat is suffered. Should it be ENT issue or dental issue. If so, what medicines would help
There are hollow spaces in the skull (cavities) known as sinus, which have a mucous lining. Due to various reasons, these can get inflamed, and in some people, despite multiple treatments, the sinusitis can be recurrent and persistent. This condition, where it continues to persist beyond 12 weeks, is known as chronic sinusitis. It can be seen in people of all ages, can be worse in children, elderly, and the immunocompromised.
In Unani, chronic sinusitis is referred to as nazla, and this is due to bad temperament of the brain and the nose, causing inflammation of the mucosa in the sinuses around the nose.
- Nasal septum deviation: The wall separating the two nostrils can be moved to one side, blocking the sinuses
- Nasal polyps: These are growths within the nostrils which can block air flow
- Respiratory tract infections: The nostrils are the first part of the respiratory tract, and infections can affect the sinuses
- Allergies: Chronic allergies like hay fever and inflammation can cause sinusitis
Unani believes that the accumulated mucus causes irritation and pain in the face, especially around the nose. Symptoms include:
- Postnasal drainage, which is thick, discoloured (greenish yellow) drainage from the nose to the throat. This can also produce a constant salty taste in the throat
- Chronic nasal congestion or obstruction, leading to difficulty breathing
- Painful, tender area around the nose and eyes (sinus space)
- Decreased sense of smell
- Unpleasant taste
- Mouth breathing, which can lead to further throat and respiratory problems
- Other symptoms include ear pain, sore throat, cough, painful jaws, fatigue, and fever.
Unani believes that disease is a natural process due to an imbalance between the various body fluids. Treatment is usually progressive, starting with noninvasive measures, moving up to more invasive methods. In chronic sinusitis, the following are often recommended.
- Eucalyptus leaves to be boiled in water and inhaling this provides great relief. It helps in thinning the mucus which is then released easily
- An equal amount of Viola odorata (Linn), marshmallow root extract and Jujube fruits (unaab) are mixed and boiled in about 100 ml of water until the mixture gets reduced to half. This can be stored for prolonged periods and mixed with consumed to be used on a daily basis.
- Another mixture that is used is Malva sylvestris, mallow, and liquorice roots which are again boiled in about 100 mL of water until it is reduced to half the quantity. This can be stored and consumed on a daily basis, up to 3 times a day. This helps in clearing the sinuses and reducing inflammation, preventing a chronic sinusitis.
- Khameera ustokhddus. OD dose and cupping therapy is also very helpful in all types of scinositis.
Sir I am surfing of fever, my left nose very pain and head also pain I eaten tablet cetrizine but cannot work what can I do.
Respected Doctors:- Question for my daughter:-14 Year old girl (Height 156 cm Weight 46Kg). Every day morning, she is getting sneezing continuously for around 8-10 times within 15 minutes. Also one of the eye gets reddish. When we asked our local doctor, doctor told both sneezing and eye reddishness are only due to an allergy. Doctor told to put a eye drop OLOPAT OD and another eye drop HICool (one after the other after 10 minutes) for one month for curing the redness. For the sneezing trouble, doctor prescribed a tablet Mont air for 10 days. We have put eye drops for 1 month and she has taken the tablet Mont air for 10 days. But still she is getting eye reddishness, even after one month now. Sometimes the reddishness disappear without any medicine, after few hours. Since this issue is continuing, I would like to know (1) What would be possible cause for this issue. (2) Do we need to really worry and take care about this immediately? What is the name for this kind of allergy?(3) Could you please kindly let me know any eye tests to be taken to identify the real issue. Thanks a lot for your kind suggestion/help.
Sir I am suffering from nose inhaling problem since last 10 years one operation has been done but no results please give me an solution.
When I wake up in the morning I use to have pain on my back head and heavy vertigo (chakkar aana) and it last upto 3-4 hours and sometimes after smoking I get black out feel like lie down somewhere and chest pain too.
A broken nose is any crack or fracture in the bony portion of the nose. This is usually a result of external trauma.
Nasal fractures are often cited as the most common type of facial fracture, accounting for approximately half of all facial fractures in several studies.
Broken Nose Causes:
Common sources of trauma include the following:
Motor vehicle accidents
In children, nasal fractures are most commonly due to falls.
Broken Nose Symptoms:
Tenderness when touching the nose
Swelling of the nose or face
Bruising under the eyes (black eye)
Deformity of the nose (crooked nose)
Pain and difficulty breathing out of the nostrils
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.