Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. A K KhanYour feedback matters!
Nowadays I have pain in my legs, But when I sleep all the pain goes for some time. But then it again starts. So what should I do to overcome this problem?
Heart attack, also known as myocardial infarction, is a severe condition where death of the heart muscle occurs because of the loss of blood supply. The blood loss usually happens because of the blockage of a coronary artery. Due to electrical instability, ventricular fibrillation is caused. Heart attacks may result in permanent brain damage or even death.
- Symptoms of Heart Attack: There are many early symptoms and signs of heart attack, which should be recognized. Symptoms of heart attack vary from person to person. Here is a list of the primary heart attack symptoms:
- Chest Pain and Discomfort: Chest pain is the basic symptom of a heart attack and occurs in different forms. The chest pain has a pressure, fullness and squeezing sensation and starts from the center of the chest. The pain may go away and re-occur and may spread down to other limbs of the body.
- Headache, Toothache: The chest pain occurring due to a heart attack spreads all over the body and the jaw. Even the back and head are affected. Sometimes pain in these regions is present while chest pain is absent.
- Shortness of Breath: A gasping sensation or feeling shortness of breath is another common sign of a heart attack. Such breathing difficulty is called dyspnea. The shortness of breath occurs before or during the chest pain.
- Nausea and Vomiting: The feeling of nausea or sickness in the stomach is another possible symptom. It is accompanied by belching or burping and sometimes, the heart attack is associated with a feeling of indigestion. Nausea is more common in women. Vomiting also occurs alongside nausea.
- General Epigastric Discomfort: In several cases, patients describe the pain of a heart attack as stomach pain. The pain is heavy and uncomfortable and persists for several minutes.
- Sweating: Perspiration or sweating occurs during a heart attack and the patient experiences cold sweat in avid amounts.
Emergency Treatment for Heart Attack:
- A person who has a heart attack should be rushed to a hospital.
- Several tests are carried out to detect the cause of the attack. A 12 lead EKG is carried out to supervise electrical activity within the heart and detect the damaged areas.
- Blood tests are undertaken to check enzymes and in certain cases, cardiac catheterization is required where pictures of the blood vessels are examined.
- Emergency medicines are given to the patient to stop the formation of blood clots and include aspirin, heparin and other drugs. Other medicines are given for thrombolytic therapy, which dissolve already formed blood clots. They work to reduce the heart damage. Nitrates are also used.
A heart attack is a severe condition and must be attended to immediately. Emergency treatment procedures are essential to save the life of an affected person.
If I will smoke in this Age what will happen to me please say about this & after Smoking I will Drink Coconut Water I think Coconut water will Clean Inside Lungs.
When I do sex with my partner on first time I get discharge in 1 mint only and second time in 2 mints only. I can't do it fast can do it with average speed. Can you give me some suggestions? Any yoga for it? Tell me the meaningful solution please.
How can I increase my penis size suggest me something. Buy medicine in online should help me? Or its cause any problems to my health. Suggests me best quality medicine please.
I have been masturbating from the age of 13 continuously almost on a daily basis. Now I am 18 and this habit has become a head ache fir me I can not stop myself and at last surender myself daily to th desire of my organs. It has become 2-3 times a day habit. I have developed my right hand muscle so hard as compared to the left one. I sincerely want to quit this habit. Plss guide me with the step by step procedure.
I suffer from piles for the last 4 four years. What are the medicines I should take. There is no itching, but the mass comes out every time I got to toilet. I do good exercises an run for almost 6 kilometers everyday. Should I stop doing exercise also ?
I am 20 years old. I am studying engineering now. I am suffered with head ache and sever stress. What can I do?
Dear doctors. I had sex with 4 girls without condom but they all r Hiv negative can I get any disease from them. And if I wear the condom its difficult to insert. Means my testis slowly come into normal position. If I do sex without condom I can have sex more than half an hour. Can I get the solution for this. Please advise soon.
I have asthma and because of this I can not breathebproperly so please suggest me ways to prevent them.
I feel a pain in my head at the left hemisphere sometimes and before that I had a persistent headache, what should I do?
Am having a bit itchy foreskin, and having the white smelly layer around my penis head and inner foreskin. Tried to wash it in the shower with soap, and think I might have damaged a bit of inner foreskin as well. It was irritating after I washed it and checked after shower, in inner foreskin. And tat white layer is keep forming. Consulted specialists and it keeps recurring despite not sexually active. Have problems in pushing foreskin back to original place. Im 64 years old.
My wife constantly uses asthalin for breathlessness. Though she is not asthamatic, she is kind of addicted to asthalin. Is it fine? She sometimes takes singulair as well.
Dear sir, I have dizziness and balance problem. I already visit the ENT specialist and i am taking medicine also. I just want to know that what type of food I should eat, any exercise if I need, my regular routine if any thing which make me fit soon. Please advice.
My ultrasound as abdomen and pelvis report shows endometrium thickened 8.5 mm, what can I do for it?
Migraine is a type of headache and is characterized by headache on one side of the head. In many cases of migraine, the pain is experienced all over the head and not just on one side. The pain is throbbing in nature. Migraine is mostly caused due to excess stress. Going out in the sun, improper sleep, exposure to loud noise and disruption in eating patterns are other common causes, which lead to migraine. Homeopathic medicines are widely used for treating migraine headaches and provide an effective remedy.
Here are some homeopathic medicines used for curing migraines of different types:
- Belladonna: This is the best homeopathic medicine for migraine which is accompanied by intense throbbing headache. A sense of fullness is also felt in the head, and the headache worsens when exposed to sunlight. Belladonna is also used for migraines developed due to exposure to cold air or catching a cold.
- Glonoinum: This form of homeopathic medicine is used for migraines where there is an excessive congestion in the head. The patient might feel that the head would burst, and it seems to be bigger. Heat is felt around the head, and the eyeballs get protruded. Glonoinum is also used to treat migraines, which occur because of long exposure to the sun.
- Spigelia: This medicine is very effective for curing migraines felt on the left side of the head or left-sided migraine. The headache is usually located over the left temporal area of the head, forehead and eyes. The patient may have the sensation of a tight band being tied around their head.
- Sanguinaria Canadensis: This is a perfect homeopathic medicine for treating right sided migraines where the pain and throbbing are felt on the right side of the head. The pain usually starts from the back of the head and settles over the right eye, affecting the entire right side of the head. The medicine is also prescribed in case of headaches, which occur during the morning and increase during the day. Migraines in women after menopause are also cured by this medicine.
- Iris Versicolor: This is an effective homeopathic medicine for treating migraine where intense nausea, vomiting and acidity are observed. The vomiting is acidic, sour and bitter in taste and a burning sensation in the alimentary canal is also felt.
- Nux Vomica: In case of migraines characterized by gastric problems, this medicine is used. It provides an effective cure for migraines, which occur due to indigestion, constipation and piles. When the migraine worsens after intake of spicy food or alcohol, this medicine provides quick treatment.
Homeopathic medicines are very efficient for curing migraine headaches and there are medicines for all types of migraines occurring due to different causes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.