Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. A.K. KesarYour feedback matters!
Hi am 27 woman, 14 weeks of pregnancy. Recently I supposed to do blood test and every thing is normal expect thyroid result its shows range of 3.606 which is above range doctor advised me to take tablets but before marriage when I do regular check up my thyroid range is 2.5. Why it has been increased now and will it continue even after delivery, is there any food to avoid for these, please advise.
I'm suffering from vaginal itching. Can you please suggest some medicines for that? Do I consult with a doctor?
Safer sex at a glance:
Safer sex is anything you do to lower the chance of giving or getting STDs.
Waiting to have sex, using condoms, and getting tested regularly for STDs makes sex safer.
There’s no such thing as sex that’s 100% safe. That’s why we call it safer, not safe.
What’s safer sex?
"Safer sex" is anything we do to lower the risk of getting STDs or giving others STDs .
No kind of sex with another person is guaranteed to be 100 percent safe: Since STDs don't always have symptoms, people don't always know they have them. And pregnancy can happen even if you use birth control.
But not all kinds of sex have the same risks. Vaginal and anal sex are the most likely to spread STDs, oral sex is less likely, and things like kissing, mutual masturbation, and outercourse (AKA dry humping) are even safer. Here are ways to have safer sex:
For vaginal sex, use birth control and condoms
For anal sex, use condoms and lubricant
For oral sex, use a condom to cover the penis or a Sheer Glyde dam, cut-open condom, or plastic wrap to cover the vulva or anus
Get tested for STDs
Do I need to use a condom if I’m on birth control?
Even if you're using birth control, use condoms every time you have sex to protect yourself from STDs. Many women who take birth control (like the pill) also use condoms, because only condoms protect against STDs — the pill and other kinds of birth control do not.
The other reason to use condoms even if you're on birth control is for extra pregnancy protection, because condoms also prevent pregnancy! No birth control method is 100% effective, so adding condoms to the mix increases your protection.
Bottom line: if you decide to have vaginal sex, condoms + birth control = the best way to prevent pregnancy and STDs.
Can I get an STD from someone who’s never had sex?
It's very unlikely — but still possible — to get STDs from someone who's never had any kind of sex. Some people, for example, are born with HIV, which they can pass to other people later in life when they have sex. People can also pick up herpes through casual kissing — even from friends and family. Their herpes infections can then be passed on sexually, but this is also pretty unlikely.
The chance of this happening is small, so don't worry about it too much. On the other hand, it's another one of the many good reasons to always use condoms when you have sex.
Keep in mind that some STDs can be passed through oral sex, and some can be passed by genital skin-to-skin contact. So you need to ask people you have sex with questions like "What kinds of sex have you had? When was the last time you were tested? Do you always use protection?" But no matter what they say, using protection is always the safest bet.
Hi My friend has irregular period problem. She got her period last time on 6 dec 2015. She had sex on 21 march. She has taken the pill as well within 2 hrs of sex. Is it possible that she can get pregnant.
I'm a 21 years old woman and I always suffer from severe pain during my periods. Its always been this way since the beginning year. What could be the reason behind this?
Epi schedules as recommended by govt. Of india
-birth -15 days- bcg + opv (zero dose)
-6 weeks- opv1 + dpwt1 + hep b1 + hib 1*
-10 weeks- opv2 + dpwt2 + hep b2+ hib 2*
-14 weeks- opv3 + dpwt3 + hep b3+ hib 2*
-9 months- measles vaccine
-15 months-18 months- 1st booster of opv/ dpwt + mmr*
-5 years -6 years- 2nd booster of dpwt
-10 years- tetanus toxoid
-16 years- tetanus toxoid
* these vaccines have been introduced in few states currently, hep b = hepatitis b vaccine.
Since I want to conceive fast will it be ok for me if I consume fertility drug? I had searched it on net and found it to be safe and less expensive am not going through infertility it's just that I want to get pregnant asap!
Can I take little saffron with cow's milk daily? Is it really help me to birth a fair complexion baby? Now I am 13 weeks 3 days pregnant.
Struggling with extra weight and flab? Well, we are here to help! Remember to take it slow and easy with your weight loss journey so that the effects are more lasting. Reducing weight in a month is a matter of making the best use of dietary tweaks and a work out regimen.
Here are a few tips to lose weight in a month. Set a realistic goal of about 5 to 6 kgs in a month and get set go!
- Food Diary: What you eat is the first thing that affects how smooth and effective your weight loss journey is. Remember to take stock of what you are eating in a day. Maintain a food diary for at least a week and take a look at it at the end of the week to realize where you may be going wrong. Remember to report even a bite of a snack or that piece of chocolate you took! You will be surprised with your findings.
- Diet Alterations: Get your diet under control by dividing it up into five or six small meals. Include vegetables, fruit, grains, water and some amount of dairy. Try to eliminate meat and sugar from your diet for a month. Also, you can substitute white rice with brown rice or other grains like quinoa. Have oats for fibre and remember to drink plenty of green tea and water.
- Dietary Additives: Adding ingredients like almonds, prunes, blue berries, and even chia seeds will do wonders for your overall diet plan. When you are in the mood for a snack, reach out for these fat burning substances that will get your metabolism to work overtime.
- Mental Hunger: Do a quick check every time you get hungry out of turn. If it is not your meal time, there may be chances that you are suffering from emotional or mental hunger, which usually passes in a few minutes once you down a glass of water and distract yourself with an enjoyable activity and deep breaths.
- Exercise: This is one aspect that many people ignore. Work out everyday to support your diet and weight loss journey. Have coffee an hour before your workout session for quick fat burning.