Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. A K KapoorYour feedback matters!
Skin is the most important part of our body. It is not only the largest organ of our body but it is also a vital covering for the essential organs of the body. A healthy skin is the representation of a healthy body. It refers to your personality and mind status. In order to have fair, youthful and fresh skin, you need to take a lot of measures and practical steps. You should take care of it from dust, polluting agents and ultra violet radiation that is coming from sun every single day. You probably know about the negative aspects of the sun radiations and rays. If you are exposed to the sun for too long, you can get skin cancer, pre mature aging, wrinkles, blemishes, age spots and appearance of moles on the skin.
However, you should know the importance of applying sunscreen because it protects you from the excessive ultraviolet radiation that can influence on your immune system. Sunscreen also helps in reducing the skin inflammation and darkening. Protection and skin enhancement features have made it even more compelling. Importance of applying sunscreen also includes preventing sunburns and inflammations.
You should apply sunscreen to your skin everyday before you step out of your house. It will make your skin smooth, soft and firm preserving it from getting dull, brittle and aged. Your skin will remain young and fresh while you enjoy all of your outdoor activities. Some of the sunscreens have moisture included in them which keeps your skin even more soft and gentle. Sunscreen can be used in all seasons, for every outdoor event.
You should buy a sunscreen which suites your skin type though. Depending on the nature of your skin, the sunscreen represents its intensity. You should understand the way it works in order to get the benefits out of it. It is provided with different SPF numbers and levels which are abbreviated as sun protection factors. It is the representation of the time which takes place the skin to cure and heal which is caused by sunburn. You should also know the differentiation between ultraviolet B and ultraviolet A. Shorter and longer ultraviolet wavelengths are designated through these letters respectively. Both have adverse effects but the longer wavelengths tend to penetrate the skin cells and tissues which are really damaging and carcinogenic.
You should apply sunscreen to your skin after properly washing your face and perspiration. Your skin needs to be cleansed and moisturized for routine work before getting protected. Mostly the recommended SPF for the skin is 15 and above ; it efficiently works on the skin in protecting from sun and ultraviolet rays. Determine your skin type and see what SPF sunscreen is supposed to show outcomes; if your skin is sensitive and irritable to chemical compounds, make sure you buy a simple or natural one to avoid allergic reactions.
Acne can make people conscious of their appearance and result in low self-esteem and anxiety. It usually affects people who fall in the age group of 12-25, but sometimes older people are also affected.
Here are five things you probably did not know about acne:
- Exfoliation: Using a salicylic acid wash or cleanser first thing in the morning will help in exfoliation, which is a good way to clear those dead skin cells from your skin. This will speed up the process of acne treatment as well, by clearing the pores. Also at night, the use of a medicated cream that contains benzoyl peroxide will help in killing the bacteria, so that there is no infection.
- Menstrual cycle: Acne, more often than not, rears its head with an eruption or two about five days before and a few days after, the monthly menstrual cycle. So watch out for hormonal imbalances, which can cause acne and pimples. Avoid stress around this time too.
- Clogged pores: Acne signifies clogged or blocked pores that are filled with oil and dead skin cells that have not been cleaned out completely. This mixture of oil and dead skin cells blocks the pores and ends up creating an eruption of red sores called acne and pimples. There is a chance that bacteria may have joined these two substances as well.
- Over treating the skin: The worst thing that you can do is to touch, pick or even apply too many harsh chemicals to your skin during an acne breakout. These things can actually make the problem worse, and even create scars in the long run! The constant use of cleansers and moisturisers can also have a harsh effect on the skin, due to the perfume and chemicals present in such products.
- Two weeks notice: Trying new products to treat acne is a great idea. But give every new product at least two weeks before you write it off. Usually, any good product will take at least that much time to affect the acne, and clear the pores in an effective way. So before you start switching cleansers and creams every other day, remember to use the two-week thumb rule.