Doctor in VARDAAN HOSPITAL
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for VARDAAN HOSPITALYour feedback matters!
I am walking 5 to 6 km daily in 3 breaks (morning, afternoon, evening). Its helps me to reduce my weight?
Due to the hormonal changes that a female undrgoes during pregnancy ,it is mostly likely that any dental problems present will become severe. Hence its always recommended to get your dental treatment done before planning your pregnancy.Incase necessary they can be safely done under precautions during the second trimester.
Care for yourself with homeopathy
In case you cannot rush to the doctor or feel that you can handle your health condition, self-medicate with some common homeopathic medicines.
Many a time, while addressing small illnesses or for unavailability of healthcare facilities, we choose to self-medicate at home. India’s 52% population self-medicates by visiting the pharmacist for common healthcare issues like fever, diarrhea, cough, and cold. Reasons like financial issues, lack of affordable primary healthcare, lack of awareness, and many more reasons contribute to why people decide to self-medicate.
The basics of self-medication
I would stick my neck out and say that home remedies, and thereby, self-medication is a part of our culture. However, while we self-medicate, it is best to keep in mind the basics: a few precautions.
Knowing your medicines well can help you cure yourself with minimum medical supervision. However, don’t forget to check the seal, manufacturing details and expiry date on medicines when you purchase them from a homeopathic pharmacy.
Identify your symptoms before treating them. If you have the slightest doubt, consult a physician.
If the symptoms continue after a maximum of three days of self-medication or if they aggravate, then do not continue; immediately consult a physician.
If new symptoms show with the existing ones, then discontinue your intake of medicines and consult a physician.
Do not consume too many medicines at a time as medicines tend to have reactions amongst them.
Following are a few homeopathic medicines for a few common illnesses that you can consume safely.
A sprain occurs when you stretch a ligament that connects a joint. Considering the fast-paced lives, we are bound to suffer from sprains and aches. For this, one can have 6 pills of Rhus-tox 30CH, three times a day and continue this for two days. For your child below the age of twelve years, the dose has to be Rhus-tox 200CH, 3-4 doses per day for two days. Along with the medicine, don’t forget to use ice-packs on the affected area for the first 48 hours. Rest as much as possible, and elevate the limb while you take rest.
Loose watery bowel movement along with urgency can be dealt at home provided the person is kept well hydrated. For loose motions, Aloes 30CH can be the best medicine. One has to take six pills of Aloes 30CH after every two hours for four doses, and this will reduce the frequency of your loose motions.
Also remember that you can always go the old way of giving a solution of sugar, salt, and water or coconut water at regular intervals as this will provide relief to the person. After self-medication and home remedies, if the person starts vomiting or looks dull then, you ought to go to the doctor.
Cold and stuffy nose
With changing seasons, it is very common to suffer from Coryza or stuffy nose; thin watery discharge which is not due to fever. At times we may suffer from a headache and body pain as well. For these issues, Allium Cepa is best suited for adults and children as well. The dose should be four pills of Allium Cepa 30 CH thrice a day for 4-5 days.
Also, it is mandatory to drink enough water; moreover, you are all set to enjoy all the soups and warm liquids. Do not forget to take steam inhalation as well.
A common symptom that most girls face during their menses is abdominal pain. Suffering from menstrual cramps for the first two days is normal but if it makes you miss your school days or office days, then you can consume six pills of Mag Phos 200CH four times a day on the first day of your menses and can continue till your pain releases. We all know how relieving those warm heating pads are, so using them will be a relaxing thing for you. Exercising regularly throughout the month will definitely ease the pain. You can rest on the first day of your menses.
The reason for acidity may be lack of sleep, consumption of oily and spicy food which you may not be quite used to. The complaints of acidity can range from burning sensation in the chest and abdomen, water brash, eructation, and abdominal pain as well. For this, the person can have a dose of four tablets of Natrum Phos 6X. You can increase the dose to three times a day for three days in case the acidity continues. However, do not self medicate in case of frequent vomiting, this is when you need to visit the doctor.
Calcium is necessary for the healthy growth of your bones and teeth; that’s why adults and children have prescribed calcium supplements if they suffer calcium deficiency. Calcarea Phos 6X is the medicine that can replace your calcium supplements tablets. Calcarea Phos 6X does not cause any GI disturbance and can be used in any age group from pediatric to geriatric, for a longer duration. The dose is four tablets twice a day and can be safely taken for three months.
Note - The golden rule of self-medication: as a responsible self-medicating patient, know your boundaries and know precisely when you need to visit a physician.
Her last period was on 1st December today we had intercourse but no discharge occurred from me (husband) after 3 minutes when I go to washroom I had discharge. Will she get pregnant or not?
Dental care tips for winters:
- Brush twice a day (must at night)
- Nobody can avoid chocolates and sweets. So after eating, try to rinse. Avoid sticky chocolates and if you consume it, don't chew let it dissolve slowly.
- Use straws to drink acidic juices and carbonated drinks, which reduces the contact of teeth with acid.
- Visit your dentist at least once a year
- Use brush with soft bristles
- Use proper brushing technique (circular technique for children and modified bass technique for adults)
- Proper alignment of tooth is essential for proper cleaning with brush. So if you have irregular alignment, visit dentist
- Never use medicated tooth paste without your dentist recommendation. Sensitivity in old age is quite common, for that you can use antisensitivity tooth paste. If it occurs in young age, kindly consult your dentist.
- Teeth color varies between individuals. For some, it may be mildly yellow shade. No need to worry about it.
- Pea-sized tooth paste is more than enough for brushing. No need to take huge amount as shown in some advertisements. Keep in mind that tooth paste is just a cleansing medium and its excessive use is neither essential nor recommended. It is better to use ayurvedic preparations.
- 1 - 2 min proper brushing is enough. If you are brushing more than that, it means you are removing your teeth enamel slowly. Remember your tooth paste contains abrasive agent too.
- Change your brush in every 3 - 4 months or once it gets flare. If it gets flared in one month means that you are giving excessive force that may abrade your teeth.
- All of us have microbial environment in our mouth. There are some good bacteria too. Even after brushing this microbial flora will be re-established. Tooth decay and bad breath occur not because of these microbes but because of the byproduct (acid, which dissolves enamel) produced by these bacteria in reaction with the food particles (mostly carbohydrates that contains sugar) deposited on tooth surface. So keep your teeth free from sticky carbohydrates not from microbes.
- Bad odor occurs due to various causes other than dental starting from common cold to cancer. So better check it.
- Bleeding gums occurs mostly due to plaque (deposits of dirt close to gums). But can also occur due to other causes like vitamin deficiency and several other.
- If your salivary secretion is not sufficient for cleansing action, you are more prone to tooth decay. So consume enough water.
- Tongue cleaning is also an essential part of brushing. So do it properly. Never over do it, which may cut your taste buds
- Teach proper brushing to your children before giving tooth brush and paste.
- Dental hygiene should be started immediately after birth that too after eruption of teeth.
- According to me, flossing is essential for those who have food impaction (lodging of food between two teeth). Otherwise, it's not of much importance.
- If you do proper brushing then there is no need of mouth washes. Remember there are certain mouth washes which on regular use results in stains and it only gives freshening effect not cleaning.
- These are certain oral advice never conclude your problem with this consult your doctor periodically for proper dental care
Smile keeps your body and minds healthy so care your teeth for a big smile
Stigmas related to mental health is not new in our society It has negative beliefs and attitudes attached towards people suffering from emotionally and mentally challenging situations. It is an additional stress for the person who is already going though a difficult time in their life.
The Indian culture has its own diverse history of practices relating to treatment of mental disorders. The stigma attached to mental disorders in India is more extensive as compared to other western countries because there is less acceptance related to mental health .We as a society need to talk about it more openly without having judgments.
Some of the ways which can be followed by people to reduce stigmatization against people suffering from mental health issues:
1.Awareness of mental illnesses :Among general population and more specifically among the family members of the patient should be the priority. Being aware is the first step in reducing these stigmas .
2.Support groups: online and offline support groups for mental health patients is a growing trend in the western countries. It provides them opportunities to share and create a non-judgmental attitude. People should feel that they are not alone and shouldn’t feel discouraged to speak about it .
3.Breaking of myths : Knowledge of actual facts is also very necessary. There are numerous myths surrounding mental illness, which prevent patients in many cases to go for treatment and therapies. Educating people on the basis of real facts about such issues helps in reducing stigma.
4.Labeling:We should try and be more empathetic towards people suffering a mental health disorder. Labeling people or giving them titles of “schizophrenic”, “depressed” without adequate knowledge and diagnosis does more harm than help. It decreases people’s self-esteem and self- confidence and they become more helpless.
5.Equality:People suffering from mental illnesses should be treated as equal members of the society. Just as the needs of physical patients ,appropriate services should available for such people as well.
Winter Season has its effects on the body. Basically we feel lazy to do any work and low temperatures during this season makes our body to crave different food. Here are foods which you should be added to give body warmth from inside...
1. Turmeric: This spice is loaded with medicinal benefits. Turmeric has an active ingredient call "Curcumin" which anti microbial and anti oxidant properties. Turmeric is also known to improve immunity. In winter season, it will help in keeping out body warm.
Include minimim of 1/2 tsp of Turmeric every day. Less quantity of curcumin doesnt show much benefit. But before increasing quantity check the tolerance and then slowly increase it to 1/2 tsp a day.
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a hormonal disorder common among women of reproductive age. Infertility, obesity, acne, facial hair and insulin resistance are some common problem found in women with PCOS.
In today's fast-paced life work-life balance has gone for a complete toss. Stress has become an integral part of life, healthy food eludes us and exercise? - it's a complete ''NO''. To add to this are our vices - smoking, drinking, and irregular sleeping habits. This has lead to a lot of chemical and hormonal imbalance in our body leading to increasing in cases of infertility.
Homeopathic treatment for PCOS is very effective in balancing the hormones and thereby a normal menstrual cycle in the most natural way.
Homeopathic treatment for PCOS is a much safer and better mode of treatment and does not cause any unwanted side effects and takes care of the problems. They help to achieve complete hormonal harmony within our body aiding natural conception, healthy growth of the baby and normal delivery.
Lifestyle management, exercise, and a healthy diet play a vital role in the treatment if PCOS.
An Introduction to Anxiety
In an anxiety-related disorder, your fear or worry does not go away and can get worse over time. It can influence your life to the extent that it can interfere with daily activities like school, work and/or relationships. Fear, stress, and anxiety are "normal feelings and experiences" but they are completely different than suffering from any of the seven diagnosable disorders plus substance-induced anxiety, obsessive-compulsive disorders, and trauma- or stressor-related disorders.