Corn Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Polishing Treatment
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Cutaneous Fillers Treatment
Small Dermatologic Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Unhealthy eating habits, dust and pollution wreck a havoc to the skin and has become a major worry for many.
For many, skin problem is one of the most persistent problems and it is imperative to take care of skin to avoid skin disorders. Various factors, such as pollution, smoking, eating processed food and a sedentary lifestyle contribute to unhealthy skin.
Skin issues can be really stressful. But right skincare treatment can help in controlling a lot of problems. Just by sticking to 6 simple ways, you can keep your skin healthy:
Sun protection: Constant exposure to sun rays can cause a host of skin problems, such as skin cancer, wrinkles and age spots. The main culprits are the ultraviolet rays of the sun, which can cause damage to the skin when it is exposed. Using sunscreen and protective clothing can help protect the skin against UV rays.
Stress management: Stress can trigger the skin sensitivity, which causes it to be acne prone. Thus, managing stress is beneficial for maintaining a healthy skin.
Smoking: Smoking narrows the blood vessels in the skin that deliver oxygen and nutrients. Hence, it should be avoided to limit these problems.
Regular exercise and hydration: Regular cardio exercises, such as jogging and swimming, pump the blood that carry nutrients and oxygen to the skin. Exercise causes loss of water in the body, which needs to be replenished. Water keeps the skin healthy and prevents skin problems such as acne and dry skin.
Collagen supplements: These collagen supplements, especially in peptide form, considerable reduces wrinkles and will keep your skin firm and resilient.
Intake of antioxidants: Exposure to the sun, pollution and other environmental factors give rise to free radicals in the skin. These free radicals damage cells in the skin by oxidation. Foods rich in antioxidants are fruits and vegetables can limit the damage caused by free radicals.
Nail fungus is a very common problem. Symptoms include inflammation, swelling, yellowing, thickening or crumbling of the nail. It is usually not painful, unless the infection spreads. If left untreated, nail fungus can cause cracking, splitting and even complete loss of the nail. The good news is that nail fungus is curable and can be treated very easily. There are many specialized treatments required for bringing quickest recovery. Most people think that medications are the only solution in this regard, but this is not true as there are many therapies that are needed along with medicines so that speed of recovery can be boosted to a great extent.
Treatments for fungal nail infections:
- Antifungal medications: Nails are first tested thoroughly in order to get the confirmation about nail fungus. Both growth and reproduction of fungal cells are prevented by consuming these medications. Some of these medicines are used for topical or external application while others are taken orally. Some of the physicians suggest continuing, both types of medicines simultaneously for getting more powerful effects and quick recovery. However, there are a few probable side-effects that occur while taking these medicines and these include loss in taste, rashes, diarrhoea, itching, headache and others.
- Using antifungal nail-paint: Nowadays, you can use antifungal nail-paints so that the deepest layer of the nail can be well treated and infected parts can be healed quickly. But you have to continue the usage for a few months, or else, you will not be able to get the desirable results.
- Laser treatment: This treatment is one of the most powerful ones and can treat your infected nail with greater speed and accuracy. Light energy in high doses is used for treating nail infection in this case. The above treatments are really quite helpful, and you can choose any of them as per your necessity, preference and affordability.
Things you can do at home:
- Keep your hands and feet clean and dry
- Wear well fitting shoes made of natural materials and clean cotton socks, these will allow your feet to "breathe"
- Clip your nails to keep them short, use a separate pair of clippers or scissors for the infected nail
- Don't share towels and socks with other people, and ensure your towels are washed regularly
- Don't walk around barefoot in public pools, showers, and locker rooms, special shower shoes are available to protect your feet
- Consider replacing old footwear as it could be the source of the infection
- Treat athlete's foot as soon as possible to avoid the infection spreading to your nails
Doctor I M Faijan m a 20 year old Bt my beard not come on my face m vary sad nd guilty to with my friends. please suggest mi on good medicine to grow a fast beard on my face. please doctor help I wait your Ans. Tnyu.
Homeopathy is a branch of traditional medicine that aims to cure diseases and disorders by focusing on causal factors. Homeopathic treatment comes to your aid for all your big and small problems alike. If you are part of the league that suffers from oily skin, homeopathy will be your answer. In most cases, oily skin doesn't lead to severe health issues, but it does cause inconvenience. It makes you feel sticky and smudgy, leading to a loss of confidence.
Homeopathic cures to keep oil on the skin at bay
Natrum mur: A good homeopath will administer this medicine only after having inquired a litany of things about your constitution. A homeopathic preparation varies from person to person depending upon the constitution of their body. If you have oily skin, you are prone to pore - clogging, acne, pimples and pockmarks. Natrum Mur efficiently deals with these problems. It helps in removing excess oil from the pores, making your skin glow at the same time. Prescription of this medicine is based on symptoms like inability to cope with difficulties, nervousness, intolerance to heat exposure, and an agitated disposition.
Psorinum: Your greasy skin often casts a shadow on your natural complexion. Oily skin makes you look exhausted at all times of the day. You can benefit from Psorinum as it deals with the overactive
sebaceous glands, cleans the pores of your skin, treats pimples and also fights dark patches. People who sweat profusely and suffer from body odor problems or people susceptible to cold are usually advised to take this medicine.
Silicea and kali bromatum: Excess oil secretion often leads to the development of pus containing acne or pimples. These pimples, when diminish, may leave permanent or long lasting marks on your face. Scars and marks further result in pigmentation. Such problems can take a huge toll on your psychological health, leading you to be overly concerned about the way you look or losing interest in self appearance. In this regard, Silicea and Kali Bromatum can work wonders for your oily skin and its resultant effects.
Berberis aquifolium: No amount of make up can mar the appeal of clear skin. If you have oily skin, you are likely to face dullness. Since dirt easily settles on a greasy skin, it can make you look darker than usual. Berberis Aquifolium is an unparalleled medication in homeopathy that treats the above conditions without any side effects.
Psoriasis can be defined as a skin condition, which is caused due to autoimmune disorders within the body. This is a condition where the skin on the body develops raised and dry areas which are reddish in colour while also being bordered by silvery scales.
Treatment of psoriasis in Ayurveda: Ayurveda has a different slant to conventional medicine with regards to the treatment of psoriasis. According to Ayurveda, it is the impurities in the blood, which cause the immune system to react adversely and cause this condition. Ayurveda concentrates on treating the underlying problems through the combination of changes in diet, home remedies and certain medications to treat this disorder. Some of them are mentioned below:
Changes in diet which will help purify the symptoms:
Some advice that is usually given to patients to clean up their diet and include certain other items are as follows:
- Avoid spicy food and try to eat food, which can be easily broken down within the digestive system
- Inclusion of more fruits and fruit juices in your diet
- Also include vegetables and also have a mix of boiled vegetables daily.
- It is better to avoid animal products such as animal fats, eggs, canned and processed foods from your diet.
- Regular consumption of butter milk and curd are known to be very good in blood purification and thus should be consumed in large quantities.
Some Ayurvedic tips and ingredients, which can help treat psoriasis:
Other tips that can be implemented as skin applications to treat psoriasis are as follows:
- Use avocado oil to rub on the affected areas as it is known to be an effective treatment when applied long term.
- Ensure that the skin is always moisturized by applying a soft, cream or gel.
- Periodic baths in sea water if possible is also good for lessening the symptoms of psoriasis.
- Aloe vera cream applied specifically on the patches is known to also lessen them overtime.
Few other tips to follow:
- Get into deep breathing and meditation to ensure that your body and mind are relaxed as this is very important during the healing process
- Expose the affected areas of your skin to mild sunlight for about half an hour daily as it is known to improve symptoms.
Hello Doctor, I have pigmentation like brown spot on face. I have tried melalite cream but ended with no effect. Kindly assist what can be done. Regards, Riddhi.
Chemical peels can improve the skin's appearance. In this treatment, a chemical solution is applied to the skin, which makes it "blister" and eventually peel off. The new skin is usually smoother and less wrinkled than the old skin.
Chemical peels can be done on the face, neck, or hands.
After the chemical peel treatment, the face looks fresher and smoother because the new skin is exposed. Chemical peels for face range from light to deep, depending on the skin type
Chemical peel benefits are numerous. It improves the appearance of the following:
- Fine lines in the under-eye area and around the lips
- Loose skin due to aging and sun damage
- Light scars, if any exist on face
- Skin tone
- Dark patches on skin caused by pregnancy
- Sun-related freckles and spots
- Skin Redness
However, the changes are transient and subsidise within hours.
What Does a Chemical Peel Do?
A chemical peel gets rid of imperfections on the face and neck, and makes wrinkles and acne scars less noticeable. It is not a question of do chemical peels work, but how well. One chemical peel session will not make the skin perfectly smooth; it will require several sessions to get the best results.
Before deciding to go for the treatment, it would be best to take time to understand and see what the chemical peel results will look like. The best way to do this is to consult with a good dermatologist and ask about what to expect.
If there is one thing for sure, chemical peel treatments are super effective at what they do...