Doctor in Sir Ganga ram Hospital-Delhi
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Sir Ganga ram Hospital-DelhiYour feedback matters!
When joints get inflamed, it is known as arthritis. This causes swelling and pain in the joints of your body such as the hips and the knees. When the cartilage gets damaged at the ends of bones, a type of arthritis called osteoarthritis occurs.
There are two main types of osteoarthritis:
- Primary: This type is more generalized. It affects the knees, fingers, hips, spine and thumb.
- Secondary: This type can occur after injury or joint inflammation, or as a result of any disease that affects the ligament's composition, like hemochromatosis.
How is the hip affected by osteoarthritis?
Patients have difficulties walking if they have hip osteoarthritis. Diagnosing hip osteoarthritis is difficult. It is because the pain appears in varied locations, such as the groin, buttocks, knee or thigh. The pain can be a dull throb or can be sharp and stabbing. The hip is usually stiff.
What are the causes of hip osteoarthritis?
The causes of hip osteoarthritis are unknown. However, the factors that can lead to osteoarthritis are joint injury, excessive weight and rising age.
Along with the abovementioned factors, the following may contribute as well:
- The joints may not have developed accurately
- The cartilage may have inherited the defects
- If the joints are too irritated due to added pressure on them, like excess body weight or stressful activities that include hip movement, osteoarthritis may develop.
What are the symptoms of hip osteoarthritis?
The symptoms of hip osteoarthritis are as follows:
- Joints feel stiff when you get out of bed
- Joints feel stiff if you have been sitting for some time
- The joints feel painful, swollen or tender
- You can hear (a "crunching" sound) or feel the bones rubbing against each other.
- You find yourself unable to do certain things, like putting on socks, as it requires your hips to move.
How is hip osteoarthritis treated?
The main objective of treatment is to restore the patient's ability to move around. A part of this objective includes correcting the function of the hip and managing the pain. The treatment can include:
- Joint care and rest
- To take weight off the area affected, a cane is used
- Pain relief that does not involve drugs
- Shedding excess weight
- Alternative and complementary therapies
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Is their any relation between frequently eating chicken n pain in legs. I am suffering pain in my both legs after regularly eating chicken.
B12 deficiency and numbness in hand and stiffness in chest, b12 level was 111 2 months ago, taken 10 injection and now taking meganeuron tablet but still feeling depressed numbness in hand and heart palpitation. Chest and back pain little but. Please advise.
1.Tummy tuck in or Bracing the lower back, you can do these exercises in-
Standing- Exhale from mouth with pursed lips (blowing the candle), simultaneously pull your belly button towards your spine hold it for 3 to 5 secs. Repeat 10 times.
Sitting- Sit on a firm chair in tall relax sitting and repeat as above.
Lying- Lie on your back with legs bent so that feet lies flat on the bed. Repeat as above.
2. Pelvic tilt- Lie on your back as above and push your belly button towards the spine, roll the pelvis as you are trying to touch the pelvis with your face without lifting the pelvis from the bed. Hold it for 3 to 5 secs. Repeat 10 times.
3. Single leg raise-
Lie on your back as above. Straighten your one leg while other leg remains in bent position. Raise the straight leg up to 50 to70 degree at comfortable range and try to hold for 3 to 5 secs. Repeat 10 times.
Is degenerative changes in Lumbar spine and osteophytes a serious thing? Does this mean osteoarthritis? Is it reversible or curable at young age?
My wife's first finger got pressed in the car door the finger has got swelled up with reddish spot and blue nail with intense pain.
What is the homeopathic medicine for the treatment of pain in left shoulder and scapular blade area?
Sir/ mam I have pain on my neck left side. And it's create difficulty to study me. May be it's cervical. Can you tell me what I do?
What you must know about body ache
Affecting your entire body, body ache is usually an indicator of a condition that requires your attention for the pain to stop or a reaction of your body's immune system to an infection. Understanding the symptoms and the cause of the pain is the first step towards getting the right treatment for your problem.
The causes of body ache can be any one of these:
- An increase in your body's lactic acid as a result of overused muscles (that you normally experience when you perform strenuous exercises) leads to body aches that are not severe but temporary in nature.
- Temporary body aches can also occur if you suffer from flu caused by the influenza virus and other medical conditions like fever and viral infections, among others.
- A cause of body aches can be the presence of a serious condition such as Lyme disease or pneumonia that brings about major infection affecting your entire body.
- Inflammation of body cells or damage to your body's nervous system in the form of chronic ailments like autoimmune diseases and psychiatric problems can also cause pains and aches to develop all over the body.
What can you do to manage it?
There are simple ways that you can employ to relieve your body aches based on the root cause and these are:
- If the cause of your body ache is the flu, the best way to alleviate your condition is to take a hot bath. The hot water works by eliminating the body pains you may be suffering from. Even a gentle massage can soothe the ache affecting your entire body.
- For body aches that are caused due to overused muscle, you need to apply ice packs for 2-3 weeks on the affected area to bring down the inflammation. Even the application of a heating pad can help in relieving body aches brought on by muscle soreness.
- Shoulder and neck pains can be easily prevented by performing simple exercises from time to time such as shoulder shrugs or head turns. Also, the practice of using wrist and forearm rests can reduce your chances of getting shoulder and neck aches.
- Reducing your stress levels can also help in effectively lowering the instances of body ache. From sleeping on time to meditating for about 20 minutes a day can help in lowering stress.
In case, you do not get relief from any of the suggested ways, you need to consult a qualified doctor who will guide you on the right treatment course. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Ways to Manage Cervical Spondylosis
I had operated for spinal canal stenosis 5.3 mm bilateral disc extrusion causing pressure on identical and transversing nerve roots 3 weeks before but yesterday I had mri it show spinal canal stenosis 4.7 mm with bilateral disc extrusion causing pressure on nerves.
Hi, My left index finger is swollen. After doing xray I found something is present in the fracture.Please suggest something for that.
I am having jaw lock problem frequently. I have not taken any medicine yet. Please prescribe a medicine, if possible. Thank you.
I've recently started jogging. But my lower leg front area starts to pain after few steps. I'm not able to jog. Kindly help.
Actually in my lower back a pain occur, from past 3 days. So I took pain killer and use its. But it is not helping me to completely remove pain. So what should I prefer.
I am 40 years old. I was diagnosed with extra pulmonary tb in the month of November and AKT4 was started. I am experiencing excessive pain in my knees, left ankle and right wrist. My right wrist is also swollen and I am unable to fold my fingers. Doctor's say that I am having osteoarthritis wrist, knee and ankle. After two months I have been switched to R-cinex. I want to know whether I have to consult an ortho for my pain in joints or my problem will be solved once I am cured from tb. How long does the pain persists in general.
Ankylosing spondylitis (AS) is a type of arthritis that affects the spine. This chronic disease is caused due to inflammation of the joints in the spine and usually affects young men. It causes the vertebrae to grow or fuse together, causing a rigid spine. Actually, it affects the discs in between the vertebral column. These discs get swollen, causing a limitation of spine motility. It is an autoimmune disorder and its symptoms are lower back pain and stiffness, which usually moves to the legs.
- The deformity due to AS can be mild or severe. In extreme cases, the patient gets a stooped spine.
- Early diagnosis can prevent significant deformity as well as help in controlling the pain and stiffness.
- Allopathy doesn’t really know the real reasons for this disease and here is where Ayurveda scores.
- According to Ayurveda, AS is caused due to aggravated vata or wind, which causes an imbalance in vata dosha.
Ayurvedic treatment starts with detoxification and elimination of toxins. It relies heavily on the right diet and lifestyle as well as Ayurvedic herbal preparations. The panchakarma techniques called kati vasti, sarvangadhara and patrapinda svedana are very beneficial too. The basic explanation for the disorder is that AS occurs due to an accumulation of ama or toxins in the body. Where ever ama deposits in the body, pain is caused. Ayurvedic treatments aim at digesting the ama by using herbs as medicine and balancing the aggravated vata.
- Herbs used in the treatment of AS are dry ginger (saunth), guggul, turmeric, fenugreek, ashwagandha and giloy. Gugul, curcumin, amlaki, haritaki, and ashwagandha are all very effective in treating AS.
- Avoid getting constipated and ensure proper evacuation of bowels.
- Include ghee in your diet for lubrication and for lowering the vata dosha.
- Apply heat on the affected areas to control the pain and stiffness.
- Eat light foods and strictly avoid oily foods and curd which increase ama.
- Avoid sleeping during the daytime.
- Yoga asanas like pawana muktasana, bhujangasana, dhanurasana, paschimottanasana and vakrasana should be practised regularly.
- The practice of pranayamas such as and shodhana, chandrabhedi sheethali and bhramari also helps.
- Chewing 2–3 raw garlic buds on an empty stomach in the morning with water helps in alleviating lumbar pain in AS.
- Use a powdered preparation of dried ginger root, celery seeds and cumin seeds in equal quantities with rock salt for taste, and have one teaspoon of this mixture with warm water at bedtime to reduce flatulence as well as lumbar stiffness. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!