Doctor in Shikhar Ganjoo
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Shikhar GanjooYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
UMA BERI says: Dr Shikhar Ganjoo seems very learned and confident in assuring that I will be alright in a week's time. Unlike many other doctors he gave a patient hearing and explained in detail. Very genuine kind of doctor. Even took telephone calls and suggested change in medicine when one medicine was not suiting me. His accessibility over phone in such a situation is worth appreciating. Even he called back on seeing my missed call.
Dr. Shikhar Ganjoo provides answers that are very helpful. Thanks doctor
Radiant, supple and youthful looking skin is everyone’s dream. However, due to pollution and incorrect nutrition habits, your skin tends to show signs of aging before it is supposed to.
To reverse the signs, you can avail certain daily habits, which will make your skin look radiant and keep it young for a long time:
- Hydrate inside out: It is crucial to drink water as it cleanses your skin from within and flushes out toxins, making it look radiant. Along with drinking enough water, you also need to use hydrating lotion and serums which moisturize and protect your skin from infections and bacteria.
- Increase your intake of Vitamin C: Many studies have proven that including more amount of vitamin C in your diet will help you keep your skin younger for long and keep aging signs such as fine lines and wrinkles at bay. Include more vitamin C rich food in your meals, such as citrus fruits, sprouts and bell peppers because they are crucial for the formation of collagen (building blocks of the skin) in your skin.
- Eat sorbitol rich fruits: A particular humectant (a substance that is used to retain moisture) called ‘sorbitol’ is responsible for adding sweetness to grapes, berries and plums. Including sorbitol rich fruits in your diet is a great solution as the humectant helps in absorbing and retaining moisture in your skin. The moisture content in your skin helps in keeping it radiant and youthful.
- Exfoliation is a must: Along with the basic skincare routine of cleansing, toning and moisturizing, you should also be exfoliating your skin. Exfoliation means removing a layer of dead skin and impurities by mild scrubbing. You can use a loofah or a pumice stone to exfoliate and get rid of the dead skin. Doing it once a week will ensure clean and clear skin which is free of impurities.
- Cut down on your dairy intake: Dairy products, including the organic ones, contain cow hormones, which stimulate the oil glands and pores in your skin; which is the main cause of acne and pimples. By cutting out dairy products, you can get an oil free, radiant skin. If you still feel the need to include dairy in your diet, opt for skimmed milk over full fat. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist and ask a free question.
Cosmetic surgery has made it possible for almost everyone to have the body they desire. Having small breasts is one of the most common reasons women choose to undergo cosmetic surgery. This type of surgery is known as breast enhancement or breast augmentation.
For this procedure, the doctor will make a small incision along the natural crease lines of the breast. The breast tissue is then lifted to create a pocket in the breast area and an implant is placed in the pocket. These implants can be filled with saline or silicone. The surgeon will then close the incision and reshape the breasts to accommodate the implant.
Breast augmentation is a relatively safe procedure but as with any other invasive surgery, it does have a few risks. Some of the risks associated with this procedure are:
- Reaction to anesthesia
- Pain for the first 48 hours after surgery
- Infection and bleeding
- Numbness and temporary loss of sensation in the breasts
- Asymmetric breasts
Recovery time from breast augmentation surgery varies from person to person. However, to be on the safe side, avoid any sort of strenuous activity or exercising for a few days. Also, avoid running, jumping or any activity that will make your breasts bounce or potentially dislodge your implants. Swimming should also be avoided. The surgical dressing will need to stay in place for a few days after which you may be advised to wear a support bra. Do not wear under-wired bras until your doctor says you can. You should be able to return to work within a week. During this time, surgical sutures, if any, will also be removed. Avoid sleeping on your stomach or on your side for atleast a month after the surgery.
Follow the aftercare regime prescribed strictly to speed up the healing process. Avoid alcohol for as long as you are taking medication and do not self-medicate yourself in any form. Massaging your breasts can help deal with the scarring unless you have been advised not to.
Most women notice a drastic difference in the way their breasts look after a month. However, for the implants to completely settle into your breast tissue it will take around 3 months. During this time, they become softer and shift until they are placed just behind the nipple. In some cases, you may require a follow up surgery and hence it is best to stay in touch with your cosmetic surgeon.
If too much facial has become a matter of embarrassment, It is time you get rid of it and stop grabbing more attention than you need. Here are some ways you can control excess facial hair:
- Shave it: Yes, women do it too. Apply a shaving gel or foam and use a disposable razor to clip the hair. Though this is relatively less painful, hair growth afterwards is quite fast so you'll have to be careful to add it to your schedule often enough.
- Try natural methods: It is slow but cheap and reliable. The visible effects of using natural ingredients for hair removal happens only over a period of time but the results are well worth the wait. Turmeric powder is an ancient remedy for facial and body hair - so much so that indian brides follow a traditional 'haldi' routine before their wedding. Other natural ingredients you can try include gram flour (besan) and sugar was. You can also give a good rub with a pumice stone.
- Hide it: some of the most common methods to hide facial hair are bleaching, threading, waxing, depilation or electrolysis. Each of these methods have their advantages and disadvantages. Bleaching, for example, masks the hair for a while and gives it a golden tinge which still makes it less visible. Threading or waxing has to be undertaken at periodic intervals and both may result in thicker hair growth in the surrounding areas. Women who are regular with their body care regimen can try these methods.
- Try a laser treatment: Laser is one of the most effective treatments for unwanted body hair. The bright beams of heat and light from the laser directly reaches the roots of the hair, removing it and preventing re-growth for a fair period of time. The downside is that it'll take a few months and prove to be expensive but the results can be well worth the wait as it can permanently remove hair. You may also need multiple sittings to destroy the hair growth completely. If peace of mind is your criteria, then go for it.If excessive hair is stopping you from living and enjoying your life, consult a professional who can help you find a way.