Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Pooja Anand StudioYour feedback matters!
One of the effects of ageing is the double chin that is caused due to extra fluid or fat under the chin. It could also be due to increased weight, sagging skin, or merely genetic. Given that it produces an aged appearance, people with double chin are constantly trying to find ways to hide it. There are two main muscles in the neck area, and toning them helps to remove the double chin appearance. There are grooming tips like specific kinds of clothes, hairstyle, and makeup to conceal it. There are also some exercises which are believed to reduce the prominence of the double chin. However, these are temporary measures, and for a permanent solution, surgical correction is the only method of choice.
Some of the new methods to get rid of the double chin are listed below with some important additional details. Talk to your surgeon and understand what to expect before going ahead with the surgical correction.
- Kybella: Approved by FDA, this is the new wonder drug to correct double chin. With no surgery involved, all it takes is about half an hour. The area is injected with a local anaesthetic and then Kybella. This contains deoxycholic acid, which is an enzyme that the body also produces naturally. This helps break down fat cells and so after a couple of weeks, the double chin gradually begins to literally melt away. Depending on the desired results, repeat injections might be required at monthly intervals. There could be mild swelling in the initial couple of days, which will subside shortly. The result would be a more defined chin line, producing a slimmer appearance.
- CoolMini: This involves freezing the fat and massaging it to remove the double chin. This is a form of chin sculpting and is preferred in people with good skin tightness. Results will be evident in about 1 to 3 months.
- Skin tightening using infrared light: A beam of infrared light is aimed at the double chin which causes tightening of the skin by stimulating the underlying collagen and elastin layers.
- Chin liposuction: In people with excess fat deposition, chin liposuction where the excess fat is suctioned off is a good treatment option. This is a time-tested method and produces results more immediately than the above-mentioned procedures.
Subsequent to any of the above procedures, it is better to make some lifestyle changes so that the double chin does not return. Weight management and regular exercise can go a long way in preventing recurrence of the double chin. Speak to your doctor to draw up a weight management plan and an exercise regimen that can help in the same.
If there is one thing that men and women dread the most, it is hair loss and hair fall problems. In the last decade or so, the number of young men and women suffering from severe hair loss is quite alarming. The hair fall, which may be an outcome of stress, anxiety, hormonal imbalance, genetics, medical conditions, unhealthy habits, poor diet or lack of a proper hair care routine, can make life miserable and embarrassing. People try out every possible treatment to deal with the problem. In this regard, the PRP or the Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy comes as a revelation.
The Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy is a path-breaking, nonsurgical and natural option that treats the conditions of severe hair loss through hair, scalp, and skin simulations, as per the requirements. The procedure for PRP are as follows:
- The plasma contains the platelets. The platelets are important as they not only heal but also helps in regeneration of the damaged tissues.
- The first step involves extracting the blood of the person undergoing the PRP Therapy.
- Next step is the centrifugation step. Centrifugation helps to obtain the platelet rich plasma (which gets separated from the blood during the centrifugation process).
- The patients are given anesthesia at the scalp (mainly the nerves) to ease the pain.
- The platelet rich plasma is then carefully injected into the scalp of the patient to initiate the hair restoration.
The PRP therapy channelizes on the fact that the growth factors present in the platelet rich plasma will act as a catalyst, triggering the stimulation and growth of the hair follicles
Some of the growth factors that help in the hair restoration are as follows
- Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (responsible for the formation of blood vessels).
- Platelet-Derived Growth Factor (triggers the growth of blood vessels along with cell replication as well as the formation of the skin).
- Epidermal Growth Factor (involved in the formation of blood vessels and collagen along with the growth and differentiation of the cell).
- Insulin Like Growth Factor (this growth factor is mainly involved in the regulation of the normal cell physiology).
For better and effective results, the therapy is repeated at every 3 - 4 months interval.
- As impressive and fruitful as it may sound, the PRP Therapy is a big no for people dealing with certain medical conditions such as cancer, platelet dysfunction syndromes, hypofibrinogenemia, severe and chronic skin problems, severe liver disorders, sepsis, hemodynamic instability, or acute and prolonged infections.
- People who are into drinking, smoking or drug abuse should also avoid the PRP Therapy.
- PRP fails to provide the desired results in the case of complete baldness.
- The PRP therapy that has benefitted many people worldwide comes with the following advantages
- PRP Therapy is non-invasive and natural with a faster recovery.
- The Therapy is less time consuming and is quite safe.
I'm 24 years old. I'm fair. Pimples occurs for a while and it disappears. But after it gone, leaves scars. It is visible. I feel bad by this. I want clear face like babies. I want to remove acne scars and marks. please suggest me to get a clear smooth face like a baby and mirror.
I have been suffering from tremendous hair fall problem and therefore recently started taking amla juice every morning on empty stomach by a dosage of 20 ml mixed with honey and water. However on researching through some blogs, I learnt that the sodium benzoate used as a preservative in amla juice on reacting with vitamin c (amla) forms benzene, which is a carcinogenic agent. Please help with real facts on this. Whether or not to continue with the juice. And other alternatives to control my hair fall and bring new growth.
Doctor I am pregnant women my skin become very dark and uneven skin tone. After pregnancy any safe way to increase my skin color using homeopathy treatment.
Hii My name is ankit I'm 19 years old Still I'm not able to grow facial hairs. Plzz suggest me what should I do,
An allergy is a reaction by your immune system to something that does not bother most other people. People who have allergies often are sensitive to more than one thing. Substances that often cause reactions are
- Dust mites
- Mold spores
- Pet dander
- Insect stings
Normally, your immune system fights germs. It is your body's defense system. In most allergic reactions, however, it is responding to a false alarm. Genes and the environment probably both play a role.It is necessary to visit a board certified dermatologist for Allergy treatment.
I have skin problem. My skin is dark in between the thighs near the vagina. Its like dark and patchy. Please give some solution to lighten it. And to light the skin tone.
Acne is a teenager's biggest worry. However, it can occur at any age. Acne or Acne vulgaris occurs when oil, dead skin or bacteria block the pores on your skin. Though it is not dangerous, acne can be embarrassing and can leave scars on your skin. Severe acne can also be quite painful.
Pimples in the form of black heads and white heads are the main symptoms of acne. These can usually be seen on the face, back, chest, shoulders and neck of acne patients. Apart from these, painful lumps under the surface of the skin and red raised bumps can also be found on the skin of acne patients.
Acne can be triggered by a number of factors. Here are some of the common triggers for acne.
- Stress: The severity of acne can be correlated to the levels of stress a person is facing. While scientists are yet to figure the exact relationship between stress and acne; it is known that the cells that produce sebum or oil also act as stress receptors. Studies suggest that when a person is under stress, these cells produce excessive sebum that clogs pores on the skin leading to pimples.
- Hormones: Hormones play an important role in skin health especially when it comes to women. Androgens or the male hormones present in both men and women, trigger acne by over stimulating the oil glands. Women may also see an increase in pimples during menstruation. This is due to the fluctuating levels of progesterone that stimulate the production of sebum.
- Genetics: If one or both parents have acne, their children have high chances of suffering from it as well. Genes influence the sensitivity of your skin towards hormones such as androgens and progesterone that trigger acne. They also influence the production of anti inflammatory chemicals in the skin and skin's response to bacteria.
- Medication: Acne is one of the side effects to a few types of medication such as corticosteroids and anticonvulsants. However, this is not seen very often. On the other hand, drugs that contain hormones such as androgenic steroids almost always cause an acne breakout.
Treatment for acne depends on the severity of the condition and its persistence. Mild cases can be easily treated with over the counter medication but if your acne is severe and not affected by these medications, it best to consult a dermatologist.
My face has so many pimple. I consult a skin specialist name Dr. Nearly 80% clear. But 20% not clear. What can I do for it?
Aging is a natural process determined by genetic and environmental factors, such as the effect of UV radiation, smoking, unbalanced diet, lack of sleep, etc. It represents a set of physical, psychological and social changes that occur in the human body over time.
People have intervened in the process, trying to look as young as possible. This need has created a special branch of medicine, called cosmetic dermatology, which involves the application of therapies to enhance a person’s image by offering them a younger look. Smoothing out laughter lines and wrinkles caused naturally by ageing or sun exposure, has never been quicker or easier.
Injectable anti ageing treatments are a quick and convenient way to smooth out those lines on the forehead and around the eyes and mouth without any need for surgery. So, here we have come up with a list of 5 super-effective anti-aging treatments:
- Botox Injections- A highly purified protein when injected into a specific area of skin by skin specialist, it makes the muscles relax so not to be able to create muscular movement and wrinkles. The effect may take up to 3-5 days for the maximum effect to be apparent where the area becomes smooth and relaxed and wrinkle free. Botox removes and smooths out areas where you have wrinkles to create a fresh and youthful look. The effects of smoothing the muscle do not allow the wrinkle to form as deeply as it would with constant muscle movement so more people are having it to reduce wrinkles forming as well as smoothing out existing ones.
- Fillers- Fillers are popular treatments used for softening wrinkles, laughter lines, facial lines and wrinkles caused naturally by ageing or sun exposure. Combined with a local anaesthetic, dermal fillers are injected into the skin to give your face a natural volume, leaving your skin completely hydrated and youthful. Popular areas to add volume and fullness to include the lips, cheeks and bridge of the nose. For smoothing and plumping lines and wrinkles, popular treatment areas include around the forehead, eyes, mouth, chin, neck, décolletage and hands.
- Thread lift- The purpose of PDO threads is to lift the skin. They are ideal for treating sagging skin on neck, face contour, and cheeks. They may also be used on the body for thigh lifting and buttocks lifting and to tighten the skin on the abdomen and arms. Without a doubt, PDO threads are one of the top anti-aging treatments.
- RF Skin Tightening- This procedure, which is relatively new, is a non-surgical option for people who want to treat wrinkles, sagging, and other signs of aging. Radio frequency skin tightening is performed by dermatologists and skin care clinics, and uses radio frequency (RF) energy on the skin of the face, heating up the various skin layers to stimulate collagen production, which smoothes and lifts the skin’s surface. This procedure requires no incisions to be made in the skin and has a low instance of side effects. Radio frequency skin tightening is a viable procedure for many people whose skin has not reacted favorably to laser or thermal treatments in the past.
- HIFU Face and Neck Lift- High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound also known as ‘3D SkinMed’, ‘Ultrasound Facelift’ or ‘Ultherapy’ has become one of the most sought after lifting treatments for face and neck. 3D SkinMed is a one-off treatment which will help you achieve tighter, firmer, lifted skin! The key advantages of this treatment are:
- Stimulates natural collagen production
- No cuts to the skin
- No recovery time
- Noticeable results
Apart from good diet and exercise, cosmetic treatments can do wonders.