Emotional Eating and Stress.
Hello friends! Myself, Dr. Shahazad. I’m a Psychologist by profession. I have deal with so many clients in my life like I have more than thousand satisfied customers even through, phone, email, or they are doing it with chat. We have clinics where clients are coming in the clinic also and we are taking care of the clients. I have sixteen years of experience as a psychologist, as a counselling psychologist. I have deal with so many problems like depression, anxiety, stress, even food addiction, addiction of alcohol, cigarettes, or any kind of addiction which is coming to your mind that we are covering. We are also dealing with the stress related to eating habits like mostly the people are having emotional eating these days and they are not aware of why they are gaining weight. They are gaining weight because of their emotional eating.
I will just give you an example like people do take care of, when they are stressed out, they tend to eat more. Why they tend to eat more because when they are stressed out they burn more energy that’s why they need more energy. When they need more energy then, for that they need to eat more food and the rich sources of energy is carbohydrate, or things which is like sugar, or carbohydrate or things which is made up of maida. So, mostly people tend to eat more those kind of foods. When people tend to eat those kinds of foods, they feel guilt also.
After eating so much of junk food, they feel guilt and that guilt leads to stress and that stress again make the person eat, so this is the basic cycle which is going through. So, we are dealing with emotional eating, food addiction, alcohol addictions, stress, anxiety, depression, even any kind of stress or as we know in our lives, there are so many ups and downs because of many reasons, related to health, related to personal problems, personal life, even, family lives.
If you are finding anything which is not smooth or not going along with your life in a proper manner then, you need a counselling and for that you can opt, you can call us on Lybrate or even you can do live chat on Lybrate or you can go for a video chat through the Lybrate.
Ways to Maintain Good Nutrition level.
Hi friends, this is Dr. Shahazad. I’m the Director of Nutrition and Wellness Pvt. Ltd. Basically, we are running a clinic which is related to Health and Wellness and we have a team of Doctors, Dieticians, Psychologists, and Therapists. We all are working together to achieve a single goal to make the person healthy and make them lose weight and take care of their health. In our team, why we have kept all the three people like all the doctors, dieticians, psychologists because we believe if a person is coming to us, is not having a weight loss problem or weight gain problem. If a person has gained weight is must be because of certain reasons, might be because of their health, might be because of their eating habits or might be because of certain other reasons. We will take care of your health, as well as your eating habits and, may be behaviour modification if it is required. All three things we have heard we are going to put into that and why we are calling it a nutrition wellness because there are two dimensions.
One is nutrition and second is wellness. We want to give you a right kind of nutrition to take care of your health like which is having all the vitamin, minerals, fibers, nutrients like carbohydrates, protein means everything which is required for the body we are going to give and we are making people lose weight.
Second, we want to take care of health that is through wellness means complete health, physical, mental, social, spiritual everything we are covering into this so that’s why we are calling it as nutrition and wellness. We want to give health through nutrition and we want to achieve optimum level of wellness. This is the way the team is working. We have three clinics in Delhi, NCR and we are doing it through, even, clients are coming through web also, through net also. They are coming through our website also. Our website is www.nutritionandwellness.in and you can also visit our clinic. One is in Model Town, one is in Pitampura, and one is in Rajouri Garden.
We have catered almost more than 20,000 to 30,000 clients and they are all satisfied clients. We have more than 80 percent satisfaction. The clients are coming here for weight loss, health, and, all the personality improvement taking care of themselves, so we are taking care of each and everything. We are also helping clients to come out with their stress and strain in their life. Also, we are taking care of their personal, professional or whatever the requirement they have. So, it’s not only the weight loss clinic, it’s a complete holistic approach we are taking care of each and everything of the clients. We believe in healthy diets. We are not giving any pills and power drum machines. We do it, the weight loss, through healthy diets only. We don’t believe in calorie diet. Also, we discard the calorie theory because the calorie means we are eating, even, in junk food also we have some calories so we are giving healthy food, healthy nutritious food to make people lose weight and take care of their health.
We are available on Lybrate also so, you can visit us on Lybrate and take appointment through the Lybrate also.
Doctors in Pioneer Nutrition and Wellness Pvt Ltd - Pitampura
Customised Diet Chart
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Anger Management Therapy
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Submit a review for Pioneer Nutrition and Wellness Pvt Ltd - PitampuraYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
What is stress?
There are situations in life when a person is required to perform beyond his/her normal capacity, or situations when some expectations are not met. This creates anxiety, fear and anger. This is a situation where a person feels inadequate, under-confident and experiences loss of control. This affects a person's physical and mental wellbeing. This feeling of fear, anxiety, restlessness is commonly known as "tension or stress".
Symptoms of Stress :
- Anger and aggression: While under stress a person starts doubting his/her own capacity and efficiency because he/she feels inadequate or incapable of performing certain tasks. This creates a lot of anger or frustration and sometime, may result into aggressive behaviour.
- Irritability: Under stress people get irritated for no reason. There is loss of patience, loss of sense of humour.
- Sleep disorders: A person under stress may not be able to sleep at all or in some cases sleep excessively.
- Eating disorders: A person under stress may lose appetite or in some cases, tend to overeat resulting in harmful effects on body.
- Anxiety: Stress may cause a lot of anxiety and restlessness. The person under stress may not to able to concentrate and unable to focus on any activity, making things more complicated.
- Depression: In a few cases a person under a lot of stress may go into depression.
- High BP: Body and mind are closely connected. Hence stress in mind creates stress in the body and under stress, blood pressure may rise.
- High sugar level: Stress may increase the blood sugar levels.
- Headache or unexplained body pains: Stress may cause headache or body aches in different parts of the body, without any physical reason for it.
Sometimes, there may not be any symptoms for stress but the trauma manifests in the form to heart attack, Stroke etc.
What causes stress ?
- Relationship issues - Conflicts in relationships is a major cause of stress.
- Life style - Working for long hours, sedentary lifestyle, unhealthy food habits, along with insatiable urge for money causes a lot of stress.
- High expectations from oneself and from others - The peer pressure, the pressure of constant deadlines builds up a huge stress. When a person has very high expectations from himself/herself without corresponding efforts, there is a fear of failure which causes lot of tension. At the same time, having unrealistic expectations from others also is a definite reason for disappointments, resulting in stress.
- Physical and emotional abuse - When a person is physically or emotionally abused and unable to defend himself/herself for various reasons, it causes frustration. This results in anger and stress.
- Competition - Unhealthy competitions with others create a feeling of inadequency and result in lower self esteem and sadness, thereby causing stress.
- Health issues - Chronic and serious health issues cause lot of tension.
- Suppressed emotions - Lack of freedom to express own emotions and feelings, amounts to stress.
- Lack of assertiveness - Inability to say "No", when wanting to say so, inability to fight for one's own rights, causes tension and anger.
- Boredom - Lack of creative/interesting occupation may cause stress especially in old people or people with physical disabilities.
- Low self esteem, feeling hopeless and helpless - If a person has low self esteem and does not value oneself, it causes lots of negativity and stress.
Why stress management is important?
Body and mind affect each other's functioning. When the mind is stressed out, it gets reflected in the body in the form of high blood pressure, high sugar levels, indigestion, acidity, heartburn, ulcers, skin rashes, headache, nausea, cancer, eating disorders, psychosomatic pains etc. It may trigger asthma, migraine etc.
Because of these harmful effects of stress, the body's capacity to function reduces. At times, it may cause serious threat to one's life. Hence, it is very important to learn to relieve and also to manage stress, in order to have a long and healthy life.
There are a number of ways to relieve stress:
- Sleep, take rest, relax.
- Take a break from daily routine, do something different, take a short vacation.
- Go for a walk/jog/run/cycling. Practice Yoga, meditation, deep muscle relaxation, etc.
- Spend time with friends and family.
- Play with children.
- Spend time with pets.
- Pursue a hobby like reading, gardening, painting, music, dance, singing, cooking, etc.
- Recreation - Watch a movie, play, picnic, go for a drive or shopping.
- Pamper yourself with beauty treatments, massage, or your favourite food/drinks.
How to manage Stress?
Stress is inevitable part of life now. Right from a kid going to Pre-Nursery school to senior citizens staying alone at homes and having severe health problems; all are under lot of stress. No one can avoid stress. But there are certain ways to manage your stress-
- Self-awareness. Learn more about your own self. Understand what induces stress in you, what tasks are difficult for you, what situations are difficult for you and then try to figure out the reasons why it is so. Try to resolve or modify your thoughts and attitude.
- Identify stressors and explore options. Once you identify what is causing your stress, try to find more options to resolve your issues.
- Reasonable expectations and feasible goals. Have reasonable expectations from yourself and from others. Have goals which are possible for you to achieve.
- Learn assertive techniques. Learn to express your feelings, learn to fight for your own rights, understand and respect other's rights.
Try to minimise stress in life and lead a happy healthy life. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
Good health is indeed the key to success. If you were of the idea, that health is a biological factor that you are born with and that can be altered or rectified with the advice of a medical practitioner, you are extremely mistaken. To some extent, the quality of your health is in your hands. Physical health goes hand in hand with your psychological health. Like doctors say, a person might be facing some very serious disease, but being mentally strong can help him or her overcome difficulties. Your day-to-day attitude in life is also of great consequence; it decides your overall health when recorded for a year or more.
Effects of positive thoughts on a person's health:
- Worry less: Fretting is the worst way of coping in life. Each and every individual has issues gnawing at their existence. The best way to deal with problems is to face them with a calm and logical mind. Being anxious over a certain occurrence doesn't help you get anywhere in life. People who worry less have a longer and healthier life.
- Once you forgive, you naturally move on: Holding on to grudges is an utterly depressing way to carry on with the course of life. Unless you forgive, you are stuck at one single point. This holds you back from achieving to the best of your abilities. Forgiveness doesn't let the other person win; it only helps you live without emotional baggage.
- Learn to be resilient in times of stress: Thinking yourself as weak is an easy way to let hurdles take control of you. You should be of a strong disposition. Whatever the situation is, a person should take it in stride and consider it as a passing phase. Keep reminding yourself you will be back on your feet in no time at all. Being mentally weak can lead to nervous breakdowns.
- Creativity can help you sleep over remorse: Fear, anger, hatred or remorse are emotions that bog you down. Every human being should try and channelize their energies into something useful. Thinking creatively is beneficial for oneself.
- Never say 'impossible': Giving up on your dreams shows you in poor light. Treating a goal as impossible even before attempting to attain it can be very bad for your health. It can result in chronic nervousness.
Relationships are either delicate or strong, depending upon the bonding you share with your partner. The bonding depends on various factors. Some of the most essential ones being emotional attachment, friendliness, sense of ease, mental compatibility and a feeling of sustained emotional support from the relationship. This is applicable to all relationships; be it a relationship with your spouse, a parental relation with your children, a relationship with your friends, relatives, etc.
However, it is a common factor that every relationship requires a definite level of friendship, understanding and trust to sustain. However, sometimes you may find eventual signs of distance or detachment, which could be signals of potential violence in the relationship.
- Sense of complete possession: This is a vital factor that intricately works behind initiating violence in relationships. Possessiveness is a form of extreme emotional condition. A sense of possessiveness lies in every relation. However, over possessiveness leads you to restrict your loved one to share his love with anyone else. It can even be severe when you may even dislike your loved one talking to anyone else. Therefore, it may lead to eventual abuse or violence in the relationship.
- Distrust: Trust and belief are essential elements in any relation. If you tend to lose trust on someone, you can hardly be normal in the relationship. Disbelief results in doubt and continued doubt and resistance lead you to react violently. If you constantly disbelief a person, you are ought to react out of your general personality sometime.
- Abuse: Use of abusive language may be a strong indication of emerging distance in a relation. A person indulges in using abusive language out of anger and frustration, both of which could be major signals of potential violence in the near future. Both abusive language and physical violence are considered as forms of violence. Therefore, initial signs of abuses should be considered immediately.
- Dominance: In every relationship where two persons are involved, you will usually find any one of them to be dominant. However, that is acceptable until the dominance is within a certain limit. However, if it crosses the limits of patience and acceptability, it may sometimes result in violence.
- Short temper Attitude: If any one of the involved persons in the relationship is short tempered, it will definitely be a lead reason of miscommunication or insufficient communication. Short tempered individuals are mostly characterised with low patience. If you do not have patience, you can never offer understanding. And above that, short-tempered attitude can be an additional disadvantage. These types of individuals fail to control their anxiety and can often be violent in relationships. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Pathological gambling is a situation in which a person is unable to resist the impulse to gamble and this leads to harmful consequences on the personal and social front of an individual. Pathological gambling is repetitive in nature, and a person cannot stop gambling by any means. The person would try to get money anyhow to gamble and he would feel uncomfortable or irritated at the idea of quitting gambling.
In order to control pathological gambling, it is advised that a person should quit gambling totally. Here are some measures which you can follow to control pathological gambling.
- Rehabilitation Programs: Both inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation programs can curb pathological gambling in a person. The program of a treatment center, if followed by heart, can cure the gambling problem. Moreover, by staying at a rehab for a period of time, a person will also stay away from gambling and will not get a chance to do so. Outpatient rehabilitation programs like group sessions and classes or one-on-one therapy sessions can also prevent gambling addicts from gambling without staying away from home.
- Twelve-step Program: The twelve step program by Gamblers Anonymous or GA may help a person overcome pathological gambling. For people who cannot afford long term rehabilitation programs, the twelve steps are ideal. Based on the same principles of the Alcoholics Anonymous, this program helps you to build a support group comprising of other recovering or recovered gambling addicts. Meetings are held every day, and you must attend these meetings to get help and encouragement.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy: Other than group therapies and support groups, psychotherapy also helps in dealing with pathological gambling problems. A one-on-one session with a therapist is very essential as gambling addiction arises from deep emotional issues. Clearing these issues would benefit the affected person. Treating the underlying issues may stop pathological gambling. Opening up to a therapist may be effective.
- Medication: In certain cases, medication is required to help get over pathological gambling. Gambling addiction may result on account of other underlying mental health conditions such as bipolar disorder. Treating the underlying causes with proper medication will cure the pathological gambling problem. Your impulse must be taken under control.
- Changes in lifestyle: Pathological gambling causes extreme loss of a person’s financial condition. A recovering pathological gambler must hand over all his financial responsibilities to a trusted family member or friend. Places such as casinos or gambling events should be avoided to restrict relapse.
Pathological gambling is a severe situation, which can cause great loss and harm to a person from many perspectives. One must take all necessary measures required to bring pathological gambling under control.
Procrastination is a way of sabotaging oneself by putting off activities and delaying success. This is an emotional and mental obstacle that many people face in varying degrees. So here is everything you need to know about procrastination.
- It becomes a lifestyle: As per medical research, about 20% of the people who procrastinate, have been doing it on a chronic basis and can now safely say that this is a lifestyle and not just a habit that one has fallen prey to.
- It is cultivated: Contrary to popular belief, procrastination is not something that anyone is born with. It is cultivated with constant inaction over a period of years, which also includes the act of making excuses to put off a task.
- Excessive alcohol consumption: In many cases, procrastinators will end up enjoying higher consumption of alcohol than their contemporaries. This may be done to alleviate boredom before the excessive consumption becomes a habit, which further dulls the senses.
- Hiding from the truth: It has been seen that procrastinators often lie to themselves or hide the truth about their problem by making mindless excuses, which do not actually exist. They are chronic liars who come to believe their lies, which can give rise to even more severe behavioural issues.
- Distractions: Most people who procrastinate will look for distractions that will keep them from doing their work properly. This may include watching television or eating, or even doing mindless chores that are not important.
- Focus: Many of these procrastinators have problems when it comes to focusing and finding solutions for various tasks. They cannot prioritise and put their mind to a certain task, which also prevents them from understanding the requirements for completing that task.
- Avoiders: These types of procrastinators usually avoid doing the tasks that will lead them to success. They do not make the effort to carry out the necessary tasks in a proper manner.
- Decisional procrastinators: These kind of procrastinators simply cannot find the motivation to take a decision that will change the direction of their lives by putting one step in front of the other on a daily basis.
- Cost of procrastination: There is a huge cost that is borne by these kinds of people in the long run. While missing deadlines, losing jobs and not graduating from college are just some of the consequences, many of them also come down with a plethora of health conditions including gastrointestinal diseases.
- Therapy for procrastination: The best way to transform a procrastinator is with the help of cognitive behavioural therapy, which can help in reprogramming the brain with fruitful, guided discussions and internal dialogues. This kind of therapy works well in the long run.
Carbohydrates are very essential for our well being. They are nutritious and energy giving. Nowadays people want to take only proteins in the diets. They don't want to take carbs. But they don't understand that energy can only be provided by carbohydrates. If we consume excess proteins kidneys will hve to work more to digest the proteins and this can lead to disturbance in the working of the kidneys. So we should take a balance diet which contain carbohydrates and proteins both.
A natural diuretic -take 1/2 tsp saunf +1/2 tsp jeera in one glass of water. Bring it to a boil till it remains half and take it 45 mts after dinner. It will relieve from water retention