Doctor in Mohinder Hospital
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Mohinder HospitalYour feedback matters!
Hemmorroids can be really uncomfortable and keep you in pain all through the day. One of the best and fastest way to get relief from this condition is to get them removed for good which can be easily done with the help of the surgery. The recovery period after a hemorrhoid surgery typically varies from one to two weeks depending on a host of aspects such as severity of hemorrhoids, the number of hemorrhoids as well as the type of treatment. During this span, a certain level of pain and discomfort is expected, but with some useful care tips, you can get some relief within a few days after the surgery.
- Making lifestyle changes: After the surgical intervention, the patient must be on bed rest for a week or so. This is because, during this time, the surgical wounds can reopen at any time if caution is not exercised. If you have excessive body weight, it is recommended that you should lose weight after this surgery. This must be done healthily so that the stress is reduced in the rectum area while an individual squat or sits down. This could lead to the recurrence of hemorrhoids in the long run. After the first few weeks, the patient must take a 10-minute brisk walk regularly.
- Take painkillers: In case the pain from hemorrhoids worsens after the surgery, you may consider taking painkillers. Many patients tend to use these medications to recover from hemorrhoids surgery, and you should take only prescription drugs only.
- Keep up with a healthy diet: You should make it a habit of eating a high-fiber diet and taking adequate amounts of fluid every day. This will not just accelerate the recovery process but prevent the recurrence of hemorrhoids. For best results, this should be practiced a few weeks before and after the surgery.
- Try different home remedies: In addition to the common methods of easing pain and discomfort after hemorrhoids surgery, you may also try different types of home remedies. Make sure that the wound is always clean and you can also use gels and creams for minimizing irritation.
- Alleviate itchiness: During the hemorrhoid surgery recovery, you are likely to experience itchiness which is a characteristic of a recovery period. This is a common symptom of external hemorrhoids, and to reduce it, you can take a sitz bath. Your doctor may also prescribe a topical medication depending on the location and severity of the problem.
- Educate yourself about the surgery and post-operative care: This is presumably the most important aspect of caring for hemorrhoids surgery. You should learn about the common complications of this surgery and how you can overcome them.
- Know when you can call a doctor: During the recovery process, it is critical to follow the instructions as given by the doctor. You should maintain the follow-up treatment with your doctor so that you can report him of any health problems and discomfort to take required steps.
With care and caution, you may recover easily from hemorrhoid surgery and return to normal life soon. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
No matter how well you take care of yourself, everyone catches a cold and flu at some time or the other. That’s probably the reason why it is popularly known as a ‘common’ cold. A cold on its own does not harm the body much but it leaves you feeling weakened and suppresses the immune system. Cold is a viral infection and hence is usually unresponsive to antibiotics and other medication. However, Ayurveda can help manage a cold better and speed up the recovery process.
Cough and cold can be triggered by a number of factors including a sudden drop in temperature, exposure to dust or pollen or staying in rooms with poor ventilation. Additionally, aggravating the Kapha dosha can also cause a cold or cough. When the food we eat is not digested properly, its turns into ‘ama’ that triggers cold or cough when it reaches the respiratory system. Some common ayurvedic remedies for coughs and colds are:
- Enhance your body heat: Keeping the body warm, especially the head, throat, chest and feet, is the first step to recovering from a cold. Drinking a cup of hot spiced tea or a glass of warm water mixed with 1 teaspoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, a few times a day, can also help. Spices like cumin, coriander and black pepper are considered heat generating spices and hence should be used liberally when preparing food.
- Vapour therapy: To recover from a cough that is accompanied by congestion, try inhaling the hot vapours of water mixed with a little eucalyptus oil. This helps dilate the bronchial tubes and unblocks the nostrils. Inhaling the vapours of water mixed with rock salt can help relieve heaviness in the head and a mild cold. Simple hot water vapours itself can even be inhaled to relieve sinusitis pain. To benefit from vapour therapy, it is essential to sit in a room without the fan on and to cover your head and the vapour source while inhaling the steam.
- Dhooma Paan: Inhaling turmeric smoke is said to have an antiseptic effect on the lungs and respiratory tract. To benefit from this therapy burn a dried root of turmeric and inhale the smoke a few times. If you do not have access to the dried root of turmeric, place a red hot piece of charcoal with a few dried leaves in a clay pot, add a heaped spoon of turmeric powder to this and blow gently till it catches fire before inhaling the smoke.
Tulsi, Vasaka, Guduchi etc. are some Ayurvedic herbs which work as wonders in building immunity of the body. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
It is always better to ensure caution and stay protected against possible infections, which are caused by intimate contact amongst partners. Sexually Transmitted Diseases or STDs are common occurrences for many people all over the world. These many range in intensity and type, and may also happen due to various causes. These are also known as venereal diseases. The most common way for this kind of infection or disease to spread, is through unprotected sex with an infected partner. The problem is that many of these diseases do not cause any obvious symptoms which make them even more difficult to detect and spot. So some of the prevailing STD's:
- Bacterial Infections: These are by far the most common type of STDs which can spread quickly and easily when the bacteria are passed on through sexual activity. The symptoms may include pain and even bleeding in the vaginal area. The different types of bacterial infections include Chancroid, Chlamydia, Syphilis, Gonorrhoea, Granuloma Inguinale and others. This bacteria usually manifests due to poor hygiene of the genitals. In case of many of these conditions, if proper diagnosis and treatment does not take place on time, the result may be infertility too.
- Fungal Infections: Fungal infections like Candidiasis usually occur due to the production of excess yeast. This yeast infection can spread and become painful and is usually characterised by a thick white discharge.
- Viral Infections: There are a number of viral infections like Viral Hepatitis, HIV, Herpes Simplex and many more, that can transmitted through a virus which can also be found in food, blood, yeast and in rare cases, breast milk. Pain and sores in the genital area can be some of the most common symptoms of these kinds of infections, which can prove to be fatal if not treated on time.
- Parasites: Crab Louse and Scabies are some common parasites that can also thrive on sexual contact with an infected partner, which leads to transmission and spread of the infection. The instant symptoms include skin problems and other changes that may be painful.
- Anal Conditions: Sometimes, many STDs can be caused due to anal sex which may be in insertive or receptive mode. These include HIV, Hepatitis, Gonorrhoea, Herpes and more. The initial symptoms may include pain and sores.
There are a number of unscreened bacteria and viruses that may cause such conditions and one must be careful to practice only protected sex with a known partner. Also, care must be taken to indulge in sexual intercourse with only partner at a time so as to prevent the spread of any infection or STD.
The treatment of any kinds of these STD infections should be treated at the right time before it makes condition worse and the proper medication can be prescribed by the sexologist or even surgery and other such procedures for particularly serious cases. so any case of unprotected sex should be monitored for any STD symptoms and get treated by a sexologist. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Here are 3 clever tricks to avoid premature ejaculation so you can last long in bed. They do not require any pills, lotions or exercises.
3 tricks to avoid premature ejaculation:
1. Extend Foreplay. This works great and it is very easy to implement. If you stimulate your partner enough during foreplay then they will be very close to ejaculation. This means that when actual sex is to occur they will likely ejaculate even before you. In other words you can actually get away with premature ejaculating, and it will appear as if you have lasted long enough in bed. One of the best foreplay techniques is finger play. If you stimulate her g-spot with your finger (by curling your finger forward and finding the semi-rough patch) this will bring on excitement very quickly, and allow you to follow up with insertion without having to worry about quick ejaculation since she will be very close to orgasm.
2. Teasing Technique. The teasing technique works great. Here's how you do it. While you are about to have sex, rather than fully inserting your penis (where you then run the risk of ejaculating too quickly) instead just insert the head, or do rubbing motions around the outside and then gently insert the head. Then you pull out and repeat. What this does is build up major sexual excitement, to the point where when you do insert fully, she is very much ready to orgasm!
3. Masturbate First. The masturbate first method is probably the best, and the one that is closest to having actual sex without having to tease or extend foreplay. What you do is essentially masturbate an hour or so before actual sex. You may want to experiment with the timing, but the key is finding that window where you are able to become sexually excited after masturbation. What you will find is that after you masturbate and then have actual sex, you will be able to last much longer than ever before. It's as if you are getting rid of premature ejaculating by getting it over with from the start. Your second time around (which will be actual sex) will naturally last much longer. Every guy knows the second time around for having sex is an extremely longer session than the first time. So this way, you are essentially getting rid of that first time by masturbating, and going straight into second time around sex which is the naturally occurring longer session.
Men who want a bigger penis usually worry about the safety and ease of the penis enlargement exercises available in today's day and age. Well, truth be told, each different methods has its own set of pros and cons. The easiest and safest penis enlargement exercises to do are listed in this article.
- The two main penis enlargement exercises that you should focus on include stretching and flexing. Stretching basically involves stretching the shaft of your manhood to let more blood flow into its tissue and promote cell multiplication. This is what will make your penis thicker and longer in the long run. One basic stretch technique that you can turn to is the jelq. As basic as it is, though, it is known to be a highly effective exercise that can truly get the job done on all counts.
- To do the jelq, simply massage your penis until you get a semi-erection. It is important not to get a full erection here because a full erection is generally hard to work what with the muscles being so hard in it. A semi-erection, on the other hand, will make your penis easier to bend.
- Once you have a semi-erection, place some lubrication in your hands and on your penis. It doesn't really matter what kind of lubrication you use as long as you don't use soap. Then, firmly hold the base of your penis with your forefinger and thumb. You shouldn't feel any pain whatsoever at this point - remember that.
- After that, run your fingers along your penile shaft up towards the tip while making sure that you are pushing blood into the tip by doing so. To know if you are doing this right, pay attention to the tip of your penis. If it swells, then you are on the right track. After that, do the exact same thing with your other hand and then do around 30 repetitions of this to complete the set. After about a week, feel free to do more jelqs.
- When it comes to penis enlargement exercises, flexing basically involves strengthening the PC muscles to get a bigger erection and improved ejaculation control at the same time. One basic flex technique that you can turn to is the kegel.
- To do the kegel, simply tense your PC muscles, which are the muscles located between your anus and scrotum. Just tense them for about a second and then release them. Do around 30 repetitions of this before resting.
- What is great about the kegel is that it is one of the easiest penis enlargement exercises you could possibly do. In fact, once you master it, it won't feel like work at all. Plus, you can do this exercise anytime that you want, whether you are in the bathroom or are in bed getting ready to go to sleep.
- While all of the penis enlargement exercises mentioned above may seem simple, they truly are some of the most powerful ways to increase the girth and length of your manhood. How long it will take before you see any positive results, though, will depend on different factors, like your diet and how much rest your penis gets after each exercise.
- In some cases, it could take weeks or even months before positive results start to show up in a significant manner. However, at the end of the day, all of the gains that you get from following these exercises will be permanent and will stay with you for life. Therefore, they are definitely well worth your time and effort if you have been dreaming of getting a bigger penis for a while now.
Unfortunately, most men take better care of their cars than they do of their own bodies. Just as no man would skip an oil change or 50,000-mile tune-up, he shouldn't skip out on important annual physical exams and health screenings. Physical health is very closely tied to penis health, making these check-ups vital to a healthy sex life, as well. Learn what health screenings every man needs throughout each decade of his life in order to keep everything under the hood running smoothly.
In the 20s
Though men are hopefully at the pinnacle of health at this age, it's still important to make time for an annual visit with the doctor. Here's a list of everything the doc should check regularly during this decade:
- Annual physical with blood pressure check
- In-office screening for testicular cancer
- Cholesterol testing every 5 years
- Yearly skin cancer screening
- Depending on family history, screening for other conditions such as thyroid, diabetes, heart conditions, liver conditions, or anemia
- Screening for sexually transmitted infections, including HIV, every 3-6 months for men who are not in monogamous relationships
Monthly testicular self-exams to monitor for changes
Monthly skin cancer self-exam to check for changes
In the 30s
Not much changes between these two decades; all of same in-office and at-home screenings from the 20s would be carried on in the 30s, with these add-ons:
More intensive visual health screenings
Screenings for coronary heart disease - particularly in men with a strong family history of heart problems
In the 40s
- While the 40s used to be considered "over the hill," it is far from it these days. Still, make sure the doc is continuing all of the above health screenings as well as adding on a few more. Keep up on those monthly self-exams, too:
- Screenings for prostate cancer
- Possible screenings for colon cancer, depending on risk factors and family history
- Diabetes screening every 3 years once a man has reached age 45
In the 50s
Whether a man is considering early retirement or still going strong in his career, his health is as important as ever. A doc will keep all the previous health screenings going, as well as the following:
- Yearly blood draw screening for Type II diabetes
- Yearly electrocardiogram
- Vision and hearing screenings
- Screening for lipid disorders
- Colon cancer screening, including blood testing and colonoscopy starting at age 50
- Evaluation for depression
In the 60s
- Reaching the 60s is reason to celebrate, not to slow down; so maintain an active lifestyle and make sure the doc continues all the essential exams while adding the following. If those monthly self-exams are getting more difficult, feel free to enlist a partner for help:
- Screenings for coronary heart disease, as well as preventative screenings or ultrasounds for carotid artery and abdominal aortic aneurysm, especially for men with other existing cardiovascular conditions
- Osteoporosis screening
- Lung cancer screening - depending on risk factors and family history
- Screening for dementia and Alzheimer's disease in addition to depression or anxiety issues
In the 70s and beyond
By this time the doc has probably run about every preventative screening there is. Depending on previous results and personal health history, the doc may increase or decrease the frequency of certain studies and screenings. A thorough discussion with a doctor who is familiar with one's entire history is important to determine what health exams should be conducted both in-office and at home.
Maintaining Sexual Health
In order to stay sexually active - and healthy - into the 70's and beyond, men need to be taking care of their bodies their entire life. In addition to getting plenty of exercise, maintaining regular physicals and other health screenings, men should always use a condom to reduce their chance of transmitting sexual infections. Regular screenings of one's sexual health is imperative to keep the penis healthy.
Do you get weak or soft erections?
Erectile dysfunction is a common problem that affects million of men. It is a soul-destroying experience for most guys and can blow your confidence.
Weak or soft erections are a result of poor blood flow to the penis. A lot of factors can reduce blood flow to the penis. Excess body fat and clogging of arteries is one of the most basic factors affecting blood circulation to the penis.
Here are some proven ways to ensure rock solid erections:
Exercise is the best way to reduce your body fat and increase rigidity of your erections. Exercise not only helps increase blood circulation in your body but also helps burn excess fat. This can help clear your arteries so that more blood can flow into your penis when you get sexually excited.
Just 20-25 minutes of exercise 3-4 days a week can be a big help in improving your erection hardness.
2. Stop Smoking
Smoking can just destroy your sex life. Here are three reasons for which you must stop smoking:
First of all, smoking can destroy penile tissue and can shrink your penis size
Secondly, it can impair valve mechanism that stores blood inside penis when you get an erection. What is worse is that this damage is permanent and cannot be repaired.
Finally, smoking can lower your testosterone levels. This can lead to poor libido, erectile dysfunction, reduced semen production and sperm count.
Thus, it is a great idea to quit smoking.
3. Consider Vasectomy
If you are done with producing offsprings, then you must consider vasectomy. Risk of contraceptive failure can be a big source of anxiety for some men. This is specially true in case of men who have experienced a birth control disaster.
Anxiety is one of the major reasons of erectile dysfunction in men. If your are worried about contraceptive failure, then its time to opt for vasectomy. This can help reduce stress and anxiety and eliminate cause of weak erections.
4. Stop Having Extra Marital Affairs
Cheating your partner can make you feel guilty and stressed. This can hamper your ability to have harder and stiffer erections. Doctors often ask men with erectile dysfunction if they are cheating on their partners.
You need a proper brain and body connect to get a solid erection. Guilt is one of the emotional factors that can take a toll on your libido. Thus, staying faithful to your partner can help a great deal in improving your penis health.
5. Yawn More
You might find this a bit amusing but yawing can help improve strength of your erections. This is because yawning is caused by the same chemical in your body that causes erections. Nitric oxide is released by your brain and it can travel either to the neurons that control mouth opening or breathing or it can travel down your spine to the blood vessels that supply blood to the penis.
In case of a big yawn, nitric oxide can travel to both the places and can cause a solid erection too.
6. Try a Natural Erection Gel
Last, but not the least, you can also try an erection gel that can ensure quick and hard erections. Such a gel releases ingredients directly into the bloodstream through skin pores in your penis.
10 things to know before piles surgery
The advice below is offered to help you think ahead about what you will need before, during and after your procedure
- Do you have bleeding while passing stool ?
- It is most common presenting complains of people suffering from piles
- Other reasons can be fissure /inflammatory bowel disease / cancer
- Do not assume your disease. Consult a general surgeon
- Do you have pain while passing stool ?
- Most of patient will not have pain.
- If you have pain there may be underlying fissure which needs to be treated as well
- Do you have constipation ?
- Constipation is one of precipitating factors to develop piles
- Do all piles need treatment ?
- No. Grade 1 , asymtopatic piles can be managed with medical treatment
- Grade 2 / 3 / 4 piles need surgical treatment
- What happens if piles remains untreated ?
- It can lead to chronic undiagnosed anemia and weakness requiring blood transfusion
- It can cause complications like thrombosis and portal pyemia
- Medical treatment of piles ?
- Only indicated for grade 1 , asymptomatic patient
- Surgical treatment of piles ?
- It is advisable to get grade 2 /3 /4 piles treated surgically
- Surgical treatment usually includes stapper (miph) , laser or open surgery
- Stappler v/s laser v/s open surgery ?
- Open surgery : Less costly but takes longer time to recover and return to work
- MIPH / Stappler: Costly but faster recovery and early return to work
- Laser : Only indicated in selected patients
- Recovery after surgery ?
- Depends on type of surgery
- For open surgery minimum 15 days
- For miph surgery only 2-4 days
- Preventive care ?
- Prevent straining while defecation
- Consult doctor at early symptoms
Sexual Transmitted Diseases
Diseases that spread through unprotected sexual activity are known as sexually transmitted diseases (stds). These are caused by microscopic organisms that pass from one person to another through contact with blood, semen, or vaginal secretions and other bodily fluids.
As per ayurveda, stds are called as upadamsha or firang (i. E one that creates pus in genitals and is of foreign origin. The causes behind these conditions are :
- Abrasions caused by any handling
- Injury caused due to scratches by nails
- Injury caused due to teeth/bites
- Unhygienic conditions of the genitalia (e. G unclean genitalia)
- Excessive indulgence in sexual activities
- Infection transmitted through sexual contact (from vaginal infections)
- Improper/unethical sexual indulgence
Ayurveda classifies this disease into five types depending on which of the doshas are vitiated and the resultant symptoms. These are:
- Vataja upadamsha – pricking sensation, pain, black skin lesions
- Pittaja upadamsha – yellow discoloration, pus formation
- Kaphaja upadamsha – itching, swelling
- Sannipathaja upadamsha – combination of features of above three
- Raktaja upadamsha - yellow discoloration, pus formation, gangrenous lesions.
Low sex drive
Low libido in men is a result of various factors such as low testosterone levels, reduce blood flow and other emotional issues such as stress, depression, anxiety etc.
Experiencing a loss of libido can have deep impacts upon a man's life, arriving at far past the pad. On the grounds that sexual execution is nearly identified with affections of certainty, trouble in sexual working can accelerate a general despondency, and also pressure in private relationships and even physical and emotional withdrawal from life partners. The point when men experience a loss of libido, they suffer alone in quiet. This is awful, since there is presently an extraordinary bargain that might be carried out therapeutically to help male sexual dysfunction. What's more, it is critical to follow each man that, the loss of libido can show huge health issues.
Causes for low libido:
- Anxiety and stress cause low libido
- Having sex by compulsions with a person whom you do not like.
- Controlling sexual urges for longer duration leading to obstruction of semen which in turn results in low libido.
- Overindulgence in sexual activities leading to low quantity of semen.
Ayurvedic treatment and tips to increase libido:
- Include zinc in your eating methodology.
- Include essential fats in your eating diet.
- Mix triphala powder in water. Keep it away for 60 minutes. Include a table spoon of unadulterated nectar. Have this in unanticipated morning day by day.
- Include a tea spoon of nectar in a glass of milk and drink. It expands safety against illnesses and give quality and feeling of wellness, important for general health incorporating libido.
- Workout regularly. Exercise is an extraordinary stress buster.
- Reduce stress. Anxiety is a major mental component that can influence male libido.