Doctor in Malik Radix Health Care
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Malik Radix Health CareYour feedback matters!
Tinnitus is a disorder which is characterized by a constant perception of a ringing noise in the ears. This is not the condition in itself, rather it signals some other underlying condition such as an ear injury or age related hearing loss. It is not a serious condition, although the symptoms can worsen with age. If you are affected by this disorder, you might experience or ‘hear’ a constant ringing sensation in the ears, even if there are no external sources of noise. These sounds could range from being a buzzing, ringing, to a hissing sound. This condition has mighty chances of interfering with your daily routine.
It is classified into two types:
- Objective tinnitus: This disorder is caused by muscle contractions or a blood vessel problem.
- Subjective tinnitus: The more commonly occurring type, it is caused by damage to the auditory nerves or regions of the brain that interpret sound.
The causes of this disorder are:
- Exposure to loud noise: If you are exposed to loud noises such as the ones emanating from firearms or heavy machinery over a prolonged period, it can lead to tinnitus.
- Aging: Aging can cause progressive loss of hearing, thus triggering tinnitus.
- Blockage of the ear: There is earwax present in the ears, the function of which is to trap dirt and bacteria. Excessive earwax accumulation leads to loss of hearing, resulting in tinnitus.
- Modifications of the ear bone: Any stiffening of the middle bone in the ear could impair your hearing and result in this condition.
Certain factors such as smoking, age, sex (men are prone to this disorder) and heart related disorders increase the risks of being affected by this condition.
The treatment of this condition begins with the identification of the underlying condition, if any. The various treatment options are –
- Removal of earwax: Excess earwax has gotten rid of which can relieve symptoms of tinnitus.
- Suppression of noise: Certain machines, known as white noise machines, produce random sounds such as the sound of rain or the sounds of waves, thus eliminating the ‘hearing’ of sounds which are common to this condition.
- Medications: Certain medications such as alprazolam and nortriptyline can help reduce the severity of the symptoms.
Marriage is perhaps the most important relation in an adult’s life. That’s why it needs extra care and attention, especially when things are not exactly gung ho. This is where marriage or marital therapy comes in.
Marriage counseling is the process of counseling the married couple to recognize and to reconcile or at least manage differences and repeating patterns of stress upon the marital relationship.
Basic practices of marital therapy
- The basic practices of marital therapy focus primarily on the process of communicating. Counselors use a method called active listening.
- Another method used is called “Cinematic immersion”. Both these methods have one important thing in common- they help counselors create a safe environment where each partner can express feelings and hear the feelings of the other.
- Emotionally focused therapy for couples or EFT-C is also used. This is based on attachment theory and uses emotion as an agent of change and target, both.
- Behavioral couples’ therapy is another method used. It is actually a proven way out of marital discord. This method focuses on integrating the twin goals of acceptance and change for couples in therapy.
The successful couples usually make concrete changes to accommodate the needs of the partner and also show greater emotional acceptance of the other.
Role of the relationship counselor
A couple therapist is usually someone with a degree in psychiatry or counseling. And her primary role is to listen, understand and facilitate better communication between the couple. The counselor also:
- Provides a confidential tete-a tete, which normalizes feelings
- Enables each partner to be heard and to hear themselves
- Works as a mirror to reflect the marriage’s difficulties to the partners
- Outlines the potential and direction for change
- Delivers important information
- Improves communication
- Identifies the repetitive, negative interaction cycle that drives a problematic marriage as a pattern
- Understands the source of emotions behind that negative pattern
- Re-organizes these key emotional responses to offset the pattern
- Creates new patterns of interaction
- Increases emotional attachment between partners
When should you seek marital therapy?
- When you avoid communicating or your communication has become negative- This usually means bad language, verbal abuse, and sometimes physical abuse.
- When you or your partner have sought out other sexual partners – Marital therapy can save a marriage after an affair if both partners want and work out the kinks in their relationship.
- Lack of intimacy in the marriage- This is the stage when partners just occupy the same space without communication, or exchange of feelings or touch.
Marriage counseling is a long process. And another thing to remember is that it can’t save a marriage that is unsalvageable. So, go in for marital therapy with an aim to do what’s the best for you and your partner.
The risks and harms of smoking are pretty much common knowledge to most people. Especially when the pack of cigarettes practically screams it out to you in bold letters. Yet, as statistics would say, smoking in young adults has been on the rise in the recent years. What makes them take this step? Maybe it is peer pressure, or maybe they do it for the thrill of it. Every country takes a great initiative in educating their population, yet some fail to understand the complexity of the situation.
Here are some of the reasons that will tell you that even a single puff of the deadly tobacco can severely harm your health and general well-being
- Cigarette smoking is the leading cause of cancer. It can cause cancer in most organs of the body. Smoking cigarettes can cause the following
- Smokers are more prone to respiratory diseases because smoking is capable of compromising the immune system of the body.
- Autoimmune diseases such as Crohn’s disease and Rheumatoid Arthritis are more likely to occur in smokers as their immune system is compromised by smoking.
- Smoking has been linked to Diabetes type 2. This type of diabetes develops during adulthood. The more cigarettes a person smokes, the more likely is the person to develop this disease.
- Smoking puts you at risk of developing several heart diseases such as angina, heart attacks, etc. because the nicotine in the body results in the lowering of good cholesterol. This causes deposition of bad cholesterol in the arteries.
- Tobacco can cause tooth decay and several other oral problems such as gingivitis and other problems of the gum.
- Cigarettes constrict your blood vessels. This constant narrowing of blood vessels can cause erectile dysfunction in men and leads to the infertility in both men and women. It also makes them difficult to achieve orgasms.
- You might find yourself craving for cigarettes when you’re stressed out. This is because the effect of nicotine in the cigarettes is lowered by the hormone produced during a stressful situation, i.e. cortisone.
- Nicotine that causes momentary central nervous system stimulation can cause addiction and dependence.
आंत हमारे शरीर का महत्वपूर्ण हिस्सा हैं. हम जो भी खाते हैं वो पचने के बाद हमारे आंतों से होकर ही गुजरता है. हमारे पचे हुए भोजन का अंतिम हिस्सा आंत में अवशिष्ट पदार्थ के रूप में तब तक जमा रहता हैं जब तक उसे मल के रूप में शरीर से निकाल नहीं दिया जाता. यही कारण है कि आंतों का स्वस्थ होना बेहद आवश्यक है. अब तक आप ये समझ ही चुके होंगे कि हमारे शरीर में आंत आहार नली का ही एक भाग है जो कि पेट से गुदा तक फैली होती है. इसलिए इसके अस्वस्थ होने का सीधा असर हमारे स्वास्थ्य पर पड़ता है. आँतों को स्वस्थ रखने के लिए आइए इस लेख के माध्यम से आँतों की कमजोरी को दूर करने के कुछ तरीकों को जानें.
क्या है इसके कमजोरी का कारण?
जो व्यक्ति अपने दिनचर्या में सुस्ती भरा जीवन व्यतीत करता है उसके आंत के खराब होने की संभावना अधिक रहती है. लेकिन यदि आप नियमित रूप से योग व व्यायाम करेंगे तो आपके पाचनतंत्र की समस्या आपसे मीलों दूर रहती है. कुछ समय के लिए शाम और सुबह टहलना बेहद फायदेमंद होता है. आंतों को दुरुस्त रखने के लिए कम से कम 20 मिनट हर दिन किसी जोरदार तरीके को चुनकर
फाइबर युक्त खाद्यपदार्थ
वसायुक्त और संसाधित खाद्य पदार्थो से दूर रहें, ये कब्ज और अन्य पाचन समस्याओं को जन्म देती हैं. इसलिए इसे कम और फाइबर युक्त संतुलित खाद्य पदार्थों को अपने आहार में शामिल करें. सब्जियां, फल, अनाज और नट्स में मौजूद फाइबर आपकी आंतों को ठीक प्रकार से कार्य करने में मदद करता हैं, लेकिन फिटनेस बार और जूस ड्रिंक्स की तरह अपेक्षाकृत स्वस्थ नाश्ते आंतों के कार्य में बाधा उत्पन्न करते हैं.
पानी की पर्याप्त मात्रा
अगर आप फाइबर की अधिक मात्रा में लेते हैं, और इसके साथ पर्याप्त पानी नहीं पीते हैं तो आपकी आंतों को नुकसान हो सकता है. इसलिए इन स्वस्थ अनाज और सब्जियों के साथ पानी की उचित मात्रा लेना कभी नहीं भूलना चाहिए.
विषाक्त पदार्थों को बाहर निकालना
डिटॉक्सिफिकेशन शरीर को सेहतमंद और तरोताजा रखने की एक प्रक्रिया है. इस प्रक्रिया के जरिए शरीर के टॉक्सिंस को बाहर निकाला जाता है, ताकि आपको शरीर के तमाम विकारों से मुक्ति मिल सके. डिटॉक्स के लिए कैफीन युक्त ड्रिंक की बजाय बिना छना ताजे फलों का जूस लें. यह न सिर्फ बॉडी में विटामिन की कमी दूर करेगा, बल्कि फाइबर की जरूरत भी पूरी करेगा. इससे पेट साफ रखने में काफी मदद मिलती है. इसके अलावा, हर्बल टी भी डिटॉक्सिफाई करने का काम करती है. आप चाहें, तो ग्रीन टी और नींबू पानी भी ले सकते हैं.
नवीनतम वैज्ञानिक अनुसंधान के अनुसार, आंत्र रोग और अल्सरेटिव कोलाइटिस जैसी बीमारियों को दूर करने में प्रोबायोटिक्स बहुत मददगार होता है. हमारी आंत असंख्य बैक्टेरिया से भरी होती है. इनमें से कुछ हमारे शरीर के लिए रोग का कारण भी हो सकते हैं और जो अच्छे होते हैं, वे भोजन को पचाने का काम करते हैं तथा पाचन तंत्र को संतुलित रखने का काम करते हैं. प्रोबायोटिक भोज्य पदार्थों के सेवन से आंतों की कार्यप्रणाली को सशक्त बनाया जा सकता है, इन्फेक्शन से बचाव किया जा सकता है. प्रोबायोटिक मुख्यत: डेयरी प्रोडक्ट में ही होता है, जैसे दूध व दही.
शायद यह सबसे महत्वपूर्ण है. आपकी आंत सचमुच एक दूसरा मस्तिष्क होता है - शरीर में मौजूद लगभग 95 प्रतिशत सेरोटोनिन आपके आंत्र पथ को अपनी एक अलग मस्तिष्क संबंधी प्रणाली में रखता है. इसलिए आंतों के स्वास्थ्य के लिए मस्तिष्क का स्वास्थ्य होना जरूरी है. आपने नोटिस किया होगा कि तनावग्रस्त या चिंतित होने पर अक्सर आपका पाचन तंत्र गड़बड़ा जाता है. शांत जगह पर सिर्फ 5 मिनट आंखें बंद करके सांस लेने पर आप अपनी आंतों में काफी सुधार कर सकते हैं.
नियमित रूप से खाओ, लेकिन लगातार नहीं
हर समय खाते रहने की आदत आंतों के स्वास्थ्य के लिए अच्छी नहीं होती है. क्योंकि आंतों को साफ, बैक्टीरिया और अपशिष्ट मुक्त करने के लिए, पाचन को आराम देने की जरूरत होती है. हर दो घंटे के बाद कुछ मिनट के लिए आपकी आंतें, मौजूद चिकनी मसल्स पाचन तंत्र के माध्यम से बैक्टीरिया और अपशिष्ट को बाहर निकालती है. लेकिन खाते समय यह प्रक्रिया रूक जाती है. इसलिए आंतों को स्वस्थ रखने के लिए दो भोजन के बीच थोड़ा सा अंतराल होना जरूरी होता है.
In the upcoming festive season enjoy the celebration, let me take care of your health with a few simple tips and medicines.
The festive season is about to start with pomp and splendour and so is your preparation; however, your health should not be ignored. While you take care of your diet and exercise, a few homoeopathic medicines can help you enjoy your festivities and celebration with fervour without worries about your health.
Taking care of your little ones
The most excited of us all are the children during this time; be it food or the random fun during the celebrations. They may get easily affected and fall sick. A simple close watch on hygiene and regular hand washing can avoid cough, cold or throat infections. Children also tend to gorge on the festive food being completely ignorant of the consequences including indigestion. Parents should see to it that the children eat only warm and properly cooked food, only when hungry. The outside or the roadside food for children may further lead to diseases, like diarrhoea, spoiling the fun for them. Do not stop your child from eating sweets; educate them about the proper way of brushing the teeth and oral hygiene so that the child does not develop a toothache. Parents and elders around children must also protect the children from burn injuries, common during Diwali.
Throat infection, running nose and cough
Bio-combination 5 to prevent respiratory infections, 4 tablets twice a day in the first two days of symptoms. Allium Cepa 30, 6 pills twice a day for running nose for 4 days.
Carbo Veg 30, 6 pills one dose per day for 5 days.
Arsenicum Album 30, a single dose of 6 pills for 3 days.
Mag Phos 200, a dose of 6 pills, four times before every meal, for 5 days, Chamomilla 30, 5 pills every half an hour, only 4 doses to reduce the pain immediately.
Cantharis ointment for minor burns. Cantharis 30, 6 pills every two hours for 1 day to help prevent blister formation and reduce the pain, consult your doctor for wound management.
The multi-tasking ladies
Leading the charge of the festive preparations, the lady of the house neglects her health. Continuous exertion and the hard work of hosting the guests can be tiring, leading to body ache and muscle soreness. Learn the art of planning and delegating tasks to all the family members. Fasting during the festivals and the anxiety can lead to weakness and headache; keep yourself hydrated and take enough rest. Don’t forget to eat fruits in your diet to keep yourself healthy while you fast.
Many women worry about their menstrual cycles during the festive seasons; interfering with nature and postponing your cycles can lead to heavy bleeding. Meditation and yoga can help you tackle the physical and the mental stress, helping you feel relaxed and enjoy the celebrations.
To look beautiful, maintain a healthy lifestyle even during the festivities; a bit of makeup will help you look good, perhaps, but staying alive from within is essential. Avoid cosmetics that may harm your skin and hair. Never forget to remove your make up with a make-up-remover, cleanse and moisturise the skin it before you go to sleep.
Body ache and muscle soreness
Arnica 200, 6 pills twice a day 2 days before the celebrations,continue if needed uptil 8 days.
Iris V 30, 6 pills thrice a day will help ameliorate a headache for 5 days . Kali Phos 30, a single dose of 8 pills for 8 days, at night for a good sleep, and to tackle anxiety.
Weakness and tiredness
Five Phos 6X, 4 tablets thrice a day to help you feel and look fresh for 10 days.
Heavy menstrual bleeding and the pain
Secale Cor 30, 6 pills four times a day to control bleeding; continue until the bleeding reduces for 3 days. Viburnum Opulus 30, 6 pills thrice a day for 3 days to help manage the pain.
Skin rashes and eruptions
Bovista 30, 6 pills thrice a day for 7 days to help clear up the eruptions. Calendula mother tincture, 15 drops per day in half a glass of water for 10 days, for clear skin.
Grandmas and grandpas, don’t hold back
We all are sensitive to noise and air pollution; avoid the areas of excessive noise and air pollution. Engage with children by teaching them rangoli, cooking, drawing, making handicrafts for the festival to move them away from noisy parties and polluting firecrackers. The engagement will keep you active and keep away a headache and annoyance. If you are asthmatic, avoid the incense-sticks at home and switch on the exhaust fans in the kitchen when deep-frying to prevent cough and breathlessness. If you suffer from BP and diabetes, you must not ignore your medication.
Headache, tiredness and annoyance
Natrum Mur 200, 6 pills a day for 2 days to control a headache which occurs due to noise exposure. Kali Phos 30, 8 pills at night for 5 days, to reduce the irritability and tiredness.
Cough and breathlessness
Ipecac 30, 6 pills a day for 2 days to avoid breathlessness in asthma. Antim Tart 30, 6 pills thrice a day for 3 days, if a cough with expectoration develops. Blatta Orientalis 6C, 6 pills thrice a day for 2 days, to prevent wheezing.
Kali Phos 6X, 4 tablets twice a day for 5 days.
Diabulimia is a type of eating disorder in which patients of Type 1 diabetes take less amount of insulin purposely, in order to lose weight. These patients have excessive concerns related to body weight and body shape, and a disturbed body image emerges (regarding oneself overweight despite a normal or reduced body weight). These patients attribute too much importance to body weight and body shape and fear of gaining weight.
Our body requires insulin for moving glucose from the blood to the cells. In type 1 diabetes patients, the pancreas stop producing insulin and glucose gets stored in our bloodstream. Kidney excretes excess glucose leading to increased urination. The body gets devoid of glucose and the calories associated with it and a rapid loss of weight occur. Once the patient is started on insulin they develop weight gain. Patient with disturbed body image stops insulin in order to lose weight. Patients develop binge eating, with more emphasis on sugar and carbohydrate enriched foods. The excess sugar gets out of the body by urinating.
Symptoms including excessive thirst, increased water intake, increased urination, and weakness are observed in the early period, irreversible findings including neuropathy, retinopathy, nephropathy, and osteoporosis, which occur in poorly controlled diabetics, are observed in the long term. It has been proven by research that almost 30% of type 1 diabetes patients are the ones who abstain from or avoid using insulin in order to lose weight. This habit leads to the risk of many other fatal diseases which may be permanent in nature.
Diabulimia is more common among teenage girls who suffer from type 1 diabetes and are generally obsessed with body image. Proper patient education can help a lot in these patients. It is advised not to neglect your insulin.
Lung diseases are some of the most common diseases suffered by human beings throughout the world. Smoking and infections are responsible for most lung diseases. The lungs perform one of the most important functions of the body. It is also one of the most active organs in the human body and hence lung problems can arise due to problems in any other part of the body. Some of the most common and infectious lung diseases are discussed below-
Asthma is a common long term disease which is characterized by reversible airflow obstruction and bronchospasm. The symptoms of asthma include coughing, shortness of breath and tightness of chest. These symptoms may occur frequently during a day and depending on the person, it may become worse during night or during a certain exercise.
Pneumonia is another common lung problem which is suffered due to inflammation in the microscopic air sacs in the lungs known as alveoli. Symptoms of pneumonia include dry cough, chest pain, breathing problem and fever. Pneumonia is caused most commonly by viruses or bacteria. It is also caused by certain medications and conditions which are popularly known as autoimmune diseases. There are a number of vaccines available to prevent certain types of pneumonia. Other methods include hand washing and refraining from smoking.
Tuberculosis is a very infectious disease which is caused by the bacteria Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Although tuberculosis generally affects the lungs, but it has been known to affect other parts of the body as well. Symptoms of tuberculosis include cough containing sputum with blood, night sweats, fever and weight loss. Air is an active medium for spreading tuberculosis. This happens when people who already have tuberculosis sneeze, cough or speak. Infection occurs more in those who have HIV/AIDS or those who smoke. Prevention of tuberculosis includes staying away and keeping those who are at high risk, early detection and treatment and vaccination.
Mesothelioma is a type of cancer which affects the lungs. It affects the lining of the lungs and chest wall. Symptoms of mesothelioma include shortness of breath, swollen abdomen, cough, chest pain, weight loss and general lethargy. Mesothelioma is caused mainly due to exposure to asbestos. Those people who mine asbestos, produce products from asbestos, work with asbestos products are at high risk. Mesothelioma also results from genetical problems and due to infection caused by the simian virus 40.
5. Pulmonary Embolism
This is a disease caused due to blockage of an artery in the lungs by a substance which has travelled from another part of the body by the bloodstream. Symptoms of this disease include chest pain, breath shortness and coughing up of blood. There may also be signs of blood clot in the legs.
Pre-eclampsia may affect some women during the second half of their pregnancies or after they deliver the baby. Ladies suffering from pre-eclampsia show symptoms like hypertension, problems in retaining fluids (oedema) and large amount of protein in their urine (proteinuria). If it is not treated in time, it can cause a lot of complexities during the pregnancy and even after the delivery. Pre-eclampsia increases the risk of harmful effects for both the mother and the baby. The real reason for pre-eclampsia is still unknown, but it is believed that it is thought to occur when there is an issue with the placenta (the organ that connections the child's blood supply to the mother's). Pre-eclampsia in pregnant women often goes undiagnosed.
Women may present with headache, visual disturbance, pain in upper tummy, nausea, vomiting and rapidly progressive oedema. Complications of placental insufficiency can lead to IUGR(Intrauterine growth restriction), placental abruption and in severe cases, if left untreated, intrauterine death. It may affect women`s kidney, liver, cardiovascular, brain and blood clotting systems in severe cases.
Complications: As pre-eclampsia develops further, it can create complications in retaining liquid (oedema). Oedema is responsible for causing sudden swelling of the feet, lower legs, face and hands during pregnancy. It occurs in the lower parts of the body, for example, the feet and lower legs and increases gradually during the day. In case the swelling is sudden, and affects the face and hands, it could be a result of pre-eclampsia.
Risks: There are a few factors that could increase your risk of falling prey to pre-eclampsia. This might require immediate treatment. These are:
- If it is your first pregnancy, pre-eclampsia will probably happen during your first than the ones that will happen later.
- It has been 10 years since you were last pregnant.
- You have a family history of the condition. For instance, your mom or sisters have had pre-eclampsia.
- You had pre-eclampsia in a past pregnancy. There is an around 20% chance that you will experience the condition again in later pregnancies.
- You are in your teens or are more than 40 years of age.
- You have a current medicinal issue like diabetes, kidney problems, headaches or hypertension.
- You were obese towards the beginning of your pregnancy (your body mass index was 30 or more).
- You are expecting multiple babies like twins or triplets (this spots more strain on the placenta).
The main indication of pre-eclampsia in the unborn baby is slow and stunted growth. This is brought about by poor blood supply through the placenta to the child. The developing child gets less oxygen and less supplements than it is supposed to. This can affect the growth and development of the child. This is called 'intra-uterine growth restriction, or 'intra-uterine growth impediment'.
Treatment: Bringing down the blood pressure and dealing with the symptoms in a proper manner can help in managing pre-eclampsia. Delivering the baby is the best way to treat pre-eclampsia. If it is confirmed that you do have pre-eclampsia, you'll be asked to stay in the hospital until your baby is delivered.