Doctor in Lok Clinic
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Lok ClinicYour feedback matters!
A group of diseases which affect the brain are called neurological diseases. Any disorder which affects your brain, spine and other nerves that help in connecting both, is a neurological disorder. Neurological disorders can turn your life upside down. According to a medical survey, there are close to 600 neurological disorders which have been discovered till date. The most common neurological disorders which affect a majority of people all over the world have been listed below:
One of the most common neurological diseases is Alzheimer. Alzheimer usually affects a large number of senior citizens on an average. However, this does not mean that individuals who are in their thirties and forties cannot be affected by this disorder. Alzheimer’s disease, also known as AD is a neurodegenerative disease which means that the disease progresses slowly and worsens over time. The life expectancy of an Alzheimer’s patient is from 3 years to 9 years after the diagnosis. Some of the commonly observed symptoms of Alzheimer’s are short-term memory loss, sudden mood swings and difficulty in speaking among others.
2. Parkinson’s disease
Another very common neurological disorder which affects a vast number of people all over the world daily is Parkinson’s disease. People affected by Parkinson’s disease or PD show symptoms much later and this is why it is difficult to detect the disorder in its early stages. Some people can get affected by Parkinson’s disease due to genetic reasons while others can be affected by certain environmental causes. People whose family members are suffering from PD are at a much higher risk of getting the disease. Some of the most common symptoms of PD are Anxiety, depression, dementia, and forgetfulness etc.
A very common neurological disease which is very often taken lightly by people of all ages is a migraine. This neurological disease affects women more than men. A constant throbbing for a particular period of time on one side of your head is identified as a migraine. Some of the common symptoms of this disorder are nausea, difficulty in vision, throbbing pain in the temples or a particular side of the head, vision going black etc. Individuals who are extremely sensitive to loud noises and harsh lights, which result in severe headaches, should get themselves immediately checked.
Epilepsy is yet another neurological disorder which is very common today. Epileptic seizures are caused by epilepsy. These seizures may last for a long while or may stop after a short period of time. The actual cause of the problem is still unknown, but you can observe symptoms like fainting, getting tremors in hands and legs or staring at a fixed spot without realization as an indication towards the disease.
Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) is a traditional and well established surgical procedure for treating diseases in the coronary artery. The process is carried out by using blood vessels alternately (vein or artery). Initially, CABG was performed by using the left internal mammary artery and saphenous vein. It was observed that the chance of occlusion in the vein grafts was much higher than the arterial grafts. In the last decade, total arterial grafting, which uses all the arterial conduits, is being practiced as CABG for better results.
Types of Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting
- Traditional Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting: In this type of CABG, the surgeon will initially open up the chest bone to gain access to the heart. The heart is stopped using medications and the body is connected to a heart-lung bypass machine to circulate oxygen and blood throughout the body.
- Minimally invasive direct coronary artery bypass grafting: In this surgery, small incisions are made on the left portion of the chest to gain access to the heart. This surgery is used to bypass the blood vessels present in the front portion of the heart.
- Off-pump Coronary artery bypass grafting: In this procedure, the chest bone is opened up to access the heart. Here, however, the heart is not stopped during the surgery.
Patients, who have been suffering since a long time and have been operated on the vein grafts, have a chance of re-developing certain artery diseases such as a heart attack. To counter this possibility, surgeons have started using the method of Total Artery CABG. In this procedure, the left and right internal mammary arteries are used from the chest and the radial artery, from the fore arm for the surgery.
The main advantages of this procedure are:
- The survival rate is higher in total artery CABG as compared to the traditional CABG.
- It comes with long term benefits
- The procedure is safe as well as feasible
Cervical cancer refers to the type of cancer that spreads through abnormal cells, which may be found in the lining of the cervix. This affects the lower part or the womb of the body. This may also be medically known as the uterine cervix. This kind of cancer is considered one of the most preventable ones. There are various kinds of screening tests that can help in early detection so that the symptoms become clear and the problem can be treated before the cancer spreads or malignancy sets in.
Read on to know more about the various screening measures that can help in treating and preventing the same.
- Pap smear test: This is one of the most recommended and easiest tests conducted for cervical cancer screening. The pap smear test is recommended for all women who have been through child birth. In this form of screening, the doctor usually takes a sample from the cervix of the patient. This will be then be put through a lab test to find any kind of anomalies in the cells of the cervix. This test is also strongly recommended on an annual basis for women who are going through menopause, as this is the time when the cells undergo maximum changes.
- HPV test: The HPV test can be conducted along with the pap smear test so as to find out if the HIV virus is active as well.
- Pelvic exam: In order to conduct screening for cervical cancer, the doctor may also ask the patient for a pelvic exam. In this test, the doctor checks the various areas like the uterus, the cervix and ovaries so as to ensure that there are no anomalies and irregular changes in these areas or organs of the body. This exam can help the doctor in finding any changes that may point at the risk of developing cervical cancer.
- Reading the test results: The doctor will usually take a look at the test results before making a clear diagnosis and recommending a course of medication or other kinds of treatment so as to prevent the spread or onset of cancer. For cases where this type of cancer has already progressed to a great degree, the doctor will usually recommend chemotherapy as well as radiation and sometimes, even surgery.
When should you get a screening test done?
Once you are above 21 years of age or have had a baby, it is imperative to get a screening test done at least annually. It is also important to get this done once a year if you are going through menopause. The doctors may ask you not to go through a test, if your previous three tests have been clear.
You must be aware that while emotional intimacy is highly required for a healthy relationship, physical intimacy is equally important. And, to keep things exciting and satisfying for both the partners trying out several sex positions could be the key.
If you are looking for ways to stimulate your woman to achieve orgasm and ensure pleasurable intercourse moments, mission in-her-possible, a variant of the popular missionary position, can be a good option to try. Understand the intricacies involved with this position by reading further.
What it has to offer to the women?
Women who face difficulties in having an orgasm very often can find this particular sex positions, especially known for its stimulation, is an ideal position to try. Offering the perfect clitoris and G-spot stimulation in its every thrust, it can be one of the best sex positions that can give a woman that perfect long elusive taste of pleasure when a man presses his pelvis against her clitoris. With one leg placing up in the air and one leg placing on the bed, it lets women feel the pleasure of sex and stimulation like never before.
Why will men love it too?
Men who often feel self-conscious and worried about not being able to make their partners achieve an orgasm or stimulate properly, this position can take away all their worries. Though it may demand a bit of endurance from the men's side as they have to lean forward, relying upon the resting leg of women for further guidance and support, and also a certain penis size, still, considering the results, trying this position is worth all the efforts.
Some quick facts about the position
- Numbered as 13, mission in-her-possible is for specifically experienced couples. Yes, considering the difficulty levels of it, sexologists recommend it to those who have previous experience in trying various sex positions.
- It doesn’t require much of stretching, despite appearing to be so. While the level of pleasure, acquired from this position, can be low for men but as far as women are concerned, pleasure level it provides is high.
- The position may not be very suitable for men with a small penis and for the women who experience pain during intercourse. Men with a penis size of 7 inches or more may be perfectly suitable for this position.
- The requirement of both stamina and flexibility for this position is medium and the pleasure quotient is high.
Remember, whenever trying this particular sex position, both the man and the woman must feel comfortable with each other. Trying ‘mission in-her-possible' indeed helps in improving the chances of women having an orgasm, but it is only possible when the interest of trying it develops in both the partners, participating in the sexual act.
If you are experiencing difficulty in breathing or rapid breathing, shortness of breath and low blood pressure, you might have been affected with acute respiratory distress syndrome or ARDS. This is a fatal lung condition in which the supply of oxygen to the lungs and into the blood gets prevented. The symptoms of this syndrome develop within two days of the illness.
Here are 10 important facts about ARDS you should know about:
Because of the low level of oxygen in the blood, the organs of the body may not function properly. The kidneys and brain require constant oxygen-rich blood supply and there are chances of organ failure due to ARDS.
Commonly, people who get ARDS are already in hospital for some other health problem. People who are not hospitalised may get ARDS because of conditions such as pneumonia.
In ARDS, the tiny blood vessels of the lungs leak more fluid than usual into the air sacs of the lungs. This happens because of infections, injuries or some other condition. The lungs cannot get filled up with air and sufficient oxygen is prevented from getting pumped into the bloodstream.
People who are prone to ARDS have some condition that may injure their lungs directly or indirectly.
The initial symptoms of ARDS include a feeling of not getting sufficient air in the lungs, low oxygen levels in the blood and rapid breathing. The diagnosis of ARDS depends on your medical history and the results from several tests and physical examinations.
The treatment of ARDS is undertaken by oxygen therapy, medicines and fluids. A patient with ARDS is likely to develop some other health condition while in the hospital, such as lung scarring, blood clots, infections and pneumothorax.
Many people recover from ARDS completely while others keep on facing certain health problems, such as shortness of breath, muscle weakness, depression and fatigue. Problems related to memory and clear thinking are also indicated.
By improving your quality of life, you can recover from ARDS. You need the support and encouragement of your family and friends. You must avoid smoking and keep away from any kind of lung irritant.
- The treatment for ARDS has showed progress in the recent years. Hence, more people are recovering from this condition. New treatment procedures are being researched on.
Menopause is a natural change in a female body that occurs after or around the age of 45, when the ability to bear children stops permanently. The fertility diminishes and the menstrual cycle stops. A decrease in hormone production, especially in the levels of estrogen, happens after the onset of menopausal years.
During this time, there are a number of physical changes that take place inside the woman’s body. The noticeable changes happen in the female breasts.
Some visible changes to breasts during menopause
Non-cyclical breast pain is mostly not related to menstrual cycle and slowly stops with time.
Loss of glandular tissues is common and causes shrinkage in size.
With age, the connective tissues also lose elasticity and causes sagging
Breast pain could also be due to fibrocystic breast changes
There could be a chance of developing breast cancer
Density of the glands decreases inside the breasts and fat develops.
It is advisable to get any kind of discomfort examined by the doctor to make sure you are in the safe zone. Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) is not generally advised as it may create hormonal issues in the long run.
It is also important to follow a healthy diet comprising of protein, calcium , magnesium and other vital nutrients as advised by your doctor. Reduction in smoking and alcohol intake is highly beneficial and cuts down risk of major diseases. It is also necessary to exercise, remain physically active and maintain a healthy body weight during this time.
Regular check-ups, mammograms and self-examination of breasts help to diagnose and detect early signs of breast tumours and cancer and are highly recommended, especially for women who are in the perimenopausal and menopausal years.
We all know about magnesium as a mineral, but what most individuals do not know is the fact that it is a very important mineral for our bodily health. Magnesium is involved with more or less 300 complex metabolic processes in our body, thus earning the title of ‘master mineral’.
Here is a list of reasons why magnesium holds an important place in our body.
It is responsible for transportation of calcium across cell membranes. As such, it helps calcium get into the bone matter. Like we all know, magnesium is anti-inflammatory. It helps in waiving conditions mentioned below:
So magnesium deficiency can definitely cause numerous problems in the human body. This element works in our body at a cellular level. It is important to have a check up done with the doctor to ensure the magnesium level, however, a simple a blood test cannot determine the presence or absence of it.
Here are a few signs that might suggest that an individual is suffering from magnesium deficiency.
- A lot of calcium deficiency which means brittle bones
- Very poor heart health
- A lot of unnecessary weakness
- Very frequent muscle cramps at unusual situations
- Tremors, nausea and unnecessary anxiety
- High blood pressure and type 2 diabetes
- Difficulty in swallowing the food
- Poor memory
- Lots and lots of useless confusion
Although individuals with magnesium deficiency suffer from these symptoms, it is not necessary that any individual suffering from such symptoms might have magnesium deficiency. So, the only way to improve magnesium amount in the body is by changing your diet and including magnesium rich foods or my supplementing your food with magnesium-based food products.
Magnesium overdose is close to impossible and so many would not check their magnesium intake. However, consuming too much of anything can never be a good idea. Excessive magnesium intake might end up causing the following issues:
- Irregular heartbeats in individuals
- Slow breathing
This excess amount of magnesium in the body might be due to the fact that not all supplements can be easily absorbed by the body. So it is a better idea to eat inexpensive food to keep the magnesium levels at par with the bodily requirements.
Here is a list of items that can relieve the deficiency symptoms of low magnesium.
Are you a sex addict and suffer from sexual addiction? Sexual addiction, also referred to as hyper sexual disorder or compulsive sexual behavior, is a condition in which a person becomes obsessed with thoughts about sex, sexual urges, and risky behavior, all of which are capable of landing them in trouble. It is also likely to cause distress in a person’s personal relationships, health, and in other spheres of life. Self-stimulation by a person is also a part of sexual addiction. A sex addict is detested by the society, and ends up being rejected from all places.
Symptoms of sexual addiction
A number of behavioural characteristics of an individual may indicate that he or she is a sex addict. Some of them include:
- Number of affairs at a time
- Extreme sexual impulses
- Excessive masturbation
- Unsafe sex
Ways to deal with sexual addiction
Here are the top ways of dealing or coping with sexual addiction:
- Get enrolled in a treatment program for sexual addiction, and follow the program seriously and sincerely. The program may include therapy sessions with a therapist, and attending other sessions and therapies that are meant for sexual addiction recovery. These programs are quite strict, and you need to maintain discipline.
- Self-educate yourself for coping with your sexual addiction. Undertake research and find about the various types of compulsive sexual behaviors that are linked with sexual addiction.
- Analyse and recognise the triggers to your sexual addiction and sex addictive nature. Recognise situations and thoughts, and then train yourself to keep away from being triggered.
- Abstain from any form of risky behavior while coping with sexual addiction. Recognise all conditions that may be risky and avoid facing them. Stop yourself from visiting pubs, strip clubs, and bars where you are likely to be tempted to find a way and have sex.
- Avoid watching pornographic videos and pictures. You should install a software on your computer that blocks all forms of adult websites.
- Take medication for mental health issues and for substance abuse. This is important for coping with sexual addiction. Stress, depression, anger, and anxiety are common factors that lead to sexual addiction and compulsive sexual behavior.
- Make a healthy lifestyle choice and spend time in locations that are healthy. Do not try to deal with negative sentiments by having sexual intercourse. Work out regularly and try activities that are productive.
- Practice stress management. Consider trying out relaxation techniques of several types such as meditation, yoga, and tai chi.
Your determination, focus, and willpower are the most important factors that determine your rate and progress of recovery from sexual addiction. The treatment program may be quite lengthy, but you should hold on tight and not quit half way.
Obesity is a global epidemic, affecting almost all areas of human health, from heart disease to cancer, and impacting upon most of the major causes of preventable death. However, in recent years, obesity has increased dramatically in many parts of the world with India ranking third in the world’s most obese countries. Although diet and lifestyle choices play a big role, obesity might be in your genes, according to a recent study.
With over 50% of obesity being attributed to genetics, obesity can be an inherited condition. We inherit a lot more from our parents and grand-parents than our skin, hair colour and intelligence, but also predisposition to conditions such as obesity. Understanding one’s genetic profile can help individuals understand their body type and tailor their diets to foods best suited to them.
The obesity gene – FTO
The FTO gene, commonly called the obese gene is a major contributor to obesity in individuals. One version of this gene makes impulse control difficult, affecting your food choice and makes it difficult to maintain a healthy weight. Several other genes such as MC4R, INSIG, TCF7L2, LEP, IRS, have also been found to contribute to obesity. While genes do play some role in causing a predisposition to obesity, they are not entirely to blame. According to a study published by Harvard School of Public Health, ‘Active adults who carried the obesity-promoting gene had a 30 percent lower risk of obesity than inactive adults who carried the gene’. In addition to genetics, there are several factors that play a role – unhealthy lifestyles, diet inadequate in nutrients but rich in calories, higher stress levels, physical inactivity, rise in conditions such as diabetes, hormonal imbalances, in fertility etc.
Genetic tests are available nowadays to tell you what type of genes that you carry and your susceptibility to obesity. Personalised weight management programs are more effective than one size fits all approach that provides generic advice.
Simple dietary modifications can help you to overcome risks of gaining weight that might be caused due to your obesity genes:
- Drink 1 glass of water before every meal that you consume. This helps you to make you feel full and eat less.
- Slow paced eating (20-25 minutes) helps you to feel full and also aids in digestion.
- Protein rich breakfast such as two egg whites or 1 cup of pulses will help you to maintain your satiety.
- High fibre diet (at least 3-4 servings of vegetables and 2 servings of fruits) will help you to lose weight.
- Adding a variety to your diet will also help you to lose weight.
Sugar and jaggery both are obtained from the same source that is sugar cane. But the sugar is highly processed and jaggery is unprocessed-unrefined.
Moreover jaggery has health befinifits like it helps in digestion thus removes constipation. It has anti allergic properties if you take organic gur. It is rich in iron, calcium and phosphorus.
On the other hand sugar has been touted as a source of'empty calories' without any nutritional value.
So it is clear that jaggery is always better then sugar but it is important to remember that adding sugar or jaggery in your diet means adding excess calories'