Critical Care Procedures
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Quit Smoking Techniques
Psychotherapy For Couples
Manual Therapy Treatment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Anger Management Therapy
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Psychoanalysis for Suicide
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Psychoanalysis for Mourning
Submit a review for Lok ClinicYour feedback matters!
I am 43 years old. I have problem of anger. I can't control on myself. Some times I feel that I must harm myself means I wanted to commit some strict action. But I control because of my kids. I get dipress even without any reason. Some problems I am carrying from my family. Is depression a hereditary problem? Can it be cure?
I am a working girl. My age is 21. I am suffering from many type of questions in my mind. I don't have any answers. I am very depressed day by day. I don't know why. But I feel very tired. painful and exhausting. I want to do more in my life. And back yeas. I was very energetic. Confident and happy person. But don't know why now I feel very low. And de confident. please tell me something. And help me for overcome this situation.
My 25 yrs. Daughter B Tech, feels she has lost everything in life. She fear's about future and talks about past. Her mood changes very frequently. Sometimes she feels happy but gets frightened in night. She does not sleep in the night. Sometimes she becomes violent and could not control anger but after some time she doesn't remember what happened. She is afraid of socialising with other people.
Simple question How to increase my level of IQ? IQ near to the greatest mind In other words, god gift.
Sir I am suffering from tension excessive thinking (24 hours the thoughts are revolving in my mind I cont stop it) and neck pain please suggest me a doctor.
I have been indulging in liquor consumption since I am 15 and now I am 27 years old. I want to give up drinking. Should I quit it instantly or should I decrease my consumption dose by dose. I can't rest well in my night's sleep, very dull always. Please help me out to quit drinking.
Marriage is a very tricky relationship. On one hand, you are happy to have found that one person you want to spend the rest of your life with and on the other, you are overwhelmed with the number of people that are going to be a part of your new family. While this is true for both people in the marriage, a lot would depend on the final living situation. It is a different experience if the couple is going to be staying in close proximity to their families as compared to when all the family members are living together under the same roof.
There are mixed feelings of anxiety and curiosity, especially if it is an arranged marriage, where the number of interactions with your partner itself are limited. With the changing scenario in relationships, there are some families (extended family) who you end up meeting only during family occasions.
Also, the relationship dynamics with the in-laws changes for the couple. Let us look deeper into how different it is for the everyone and how to manage them.
In most situations in Indian marriages, the woman moves into her husband’s place, thereby, there is an increase in the number of people she interacts with. If it is a love marriage, the chance of meeting the immediate family members are always high. However, in more formal set-ups, the woman would have hardly interacted with her spouse’s family members. In these cases, understanding their expectations and living up to them is a big challenge. In these cases, it is essential for the members of the family to effectively communicate with each other and discuss the issues at hand. This helps in setting and aligning expectations.
- With changing lifestyle trends, the expectations have also changed, both for the woman and her new family. It is therefore very essential to understand the little things that form a part of a daily routine.
- It is also very important to set expectations on special occasions like festivals and family functions, as the expectations are high and the chance of disappointment is also higher.
- For the man, again, it depends on how the set-up is after the marriage. If the families know each other, the interaction is much smoother or else, it takes some time for all the people involved to get to know each other.
All said and done, both have to be mentally prepared to embrace the new members that come with the relationship. Talking to a common friend or even acounsellor can help, if required. The key is to set and manage expectations so that disappointments are avoided.
I have been on a trip to goa with my office colleagues we were happy bt I have fallen for a guy who is already married with two kids he is very charming and handsome he is 40 and am 24 bt still I am attached he knows everything we got into an intimate moment bt came back as it was cheating on his wife and my boyfriend bt from then I have seen many changes in my behaviour am very talkative bt I have become silent I am not speaking with my boyfriend well I feel everything has been turned wrong I want him to be with me make me happy I know it's wrong and it won't happen bt still my heart is grooving for him he is so handsome happy type of person adventures and fun loving and my boyfriend he is completely opposite am in a big mess I feel it's a never ending road bt I want to walk I love this person though he is married I have fallen for him. Please help.
I feel body ache daily when I wake up in the mornings and don't feel freshen up even after enough sleep. Basically in back shoulders and upper hands. And couldn't get up from bed once I am awake due to the pain, feel lazy. body ache remains at least 2-4 hours after waking up and sometimes entire day. Can anyone specify the specific reason for the same? And also and remedies for the same?
I want to know if I'm suffering from depression. I'm in a relationship. Everyone around me thinks my boyfriend loves me very much. I too sometimes feel the same. But not always. I expect him to care for me more, but he doesn't have time for me. I need him, but he is not always there for me. I'm very short tempered, and I think he thinks I'm a burden to him. I don't feel like eating. I don't socialize much. Can't share my feelings with anyone. I love him so much. I'm suffering like anything. I need some help.
My husband smoke's 4-5 cigarette s daily, if I ask him to stop he will shout at me, how should I make him quit smoking?
I have only one normal functional kidney. N I feel so much scared fr my health. Whenever I hear of a disease around I feel I have it. I have faster heart rate my Dr. said this is because of anxiety. I don't how to help it but I always feel scared of many diseases. I am not feeling mentally well n stable. I am scared please suggest something.
I am suffering ocd from last 5 years, earlier 2 year my condition was serious, but in last two years I only have problem when I leave my medicine, though the mg of my tablets is reduced. Currently my treatment is going in Agra. But my question is, Is their a need of any other treatment for me so that ,I can leave my medicine, is there any therapy which I should take so that my medicine will be permanently closed.
Voice results from the air that comes out of the lungs and passes through the vocal cords. The latter is also known as the voice box. Speech results from the vibration of the chords. Voice disorder might occur for various reasons such as tone, pitch, and volume of the if the voice. The roots of all problems boil down to the malfunctioning of the cords.
Voice disorder examples:
- Laryngitis: Laryngitis results from the swelling of the vocal cords. It can lead to a temporary halt of voice or a voice with hoarseness. It often occurs due to a viral attack in the respiratory tract. It can last from a few days to a few weeks. The treatment suggested for cases like these include resting the voice and intake of a lot of fluids. Some common causes that are responsible for laryngitis are GERD, chronic cough, and asthma.
- Vocal cord paralysis: Paralysis of the vocal cord can be temporary or permanent. The possible cause of this scenario can be from viral infection, cancer, surgical injury to the nerve etc. In the case of a paralysis of the vocal cord, a person might find difficulty in breathing, can result in weak voice etc. While this condition improves for many people with voice therapy and surgery, for some they permanently lose their ability to speak.
- Spasmodic dysphonia: The vocal cord spasm due to a problem with the nerve. This condition can lead to a quivery, hoarse, groaning or jerky voice. In this condition, a person might find it easy to speak at times and have difficulty in speaking later. Botulinum toxin and speech therapy help to improve this condition.
Possible causes of voice disorders:
- Growth: Extra tissue formation on the vocal cords might stop the vocal cords to work properly leading to voice disorders. The growth can be treated with injection, medicine or surgery.
- Swelling and inflammation: Exposure to chemicals, vocal and alcohol abuse, surgery-related complications can lead to inflammation or swelling of the vocal cords resulting in voice-related problems.
- Hormone: Disorder of the male, female and thyroid hormone can lead to voice related disorders affecting speech.
Symptoms of voice disorders:
- The harshness of the voice
- Voice is breathy, weak and whispery
- The voice sounds like choppy or strained
- A quivering sound while speaking
- The voice sounds harsh or rough while speaking
Diagnosis of Voice related disorders:
Voice related disorders can be detected through a process known as Laryngoscopy. This helps a doctor to view the throat region and find out the possible culprit that may be causing the problem. Some other popular methods are stroboscopy, EMG and imaging tests such as MRI and X-Ray of the throat. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a speech-therapist.