Doctor in Jindal Neurology Clinic
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Forgetfulness
Treatment of Epilepsy
Treatment of Nerve Pain
Treatment of Tremors
Treatment of Brain Hemorrhage
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Schizophrenia
Treatment of Brain Injury
Treatment of Spasmodic Torticollis
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease
Treatment of Hyperactivity Disorder
Treatment of Paralysis
Treatment of Hyperactivity
Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
Treatment of Meningitis
Treatment of Stroke
Treatment of Seizures
Submit a review for Jindal Neurology ClinicYour feedback matters!
I am 27 years old boy. I am suffering heart beat, dizziness, little bit breathing problems, if I am going to sleep, I feel that I will die, I have sleeping apnea problem, doctor says that I have anxiety problem. What should I do?
According to MRI and CT scan reports there are a small thin wall cystic focus in inferior of left basal ganglia with enlarged virchow robins space in my wife's brain. Sir is it fatal disease? And is surgery necessary?
Sleep is an activity where you do nothing, but rest. You relax your body and mind, you rest your bones and muscles, and you rest your eyes after a long day of physical exertion. It is extremely necessary for you to get ample amount of sleep to stay healthy.
Sleep has two component: REM sleep and non-REM sleep. Both are required insufficient duration for proper effective sleep. Most effective and healthy sleep time is between 10PM - 3 AM. Going early to bed and rising early helps you maintain a healthy body and mind. Otherwise, there are various problems which you might have to face if you are lacking sleep.
- Elevates the risk of stroke: According to study, people who get less sleep are more prone to having strokes than those who get enough sleep. If you sleep for less than 6 hours every day, you multiply the risk of having a stroke four times than ordinary.
- Obesity: Lack of sleep can cause obesity. It usually forces you to take erratic food decisions, leading you to eat a lot of junk food. Less sleep administers certain hormonal changes which make you feel hungrier and believe that you haven't eaten enough food. The production of the hormone ghrelin, which controls your hunger, increases due to less sleep. Hence, it may lead to obesity if you keep eating without keeping a check on what you eat.
- Increases the risk of diabetes: Sleep and the production of insulin are inversely related to each other. Among teenagers, the less you sleep; the more insulin resistant your body becomes. This means the body is not able to use the insulin effectively.
- Increase the risk of hypertension: There is Blood pressure drop in deep sleep which is required for maintaining normal blood pressure. Patients who are hypertensive and not able to sleep properly will have more chances of having increased blood pressure despite taking medicines.
- Results in Poor Memory: Less sleep causes tiredness. When you are extremely tired, you are not able to focus on anything going on around you, you cannot concentrate on your work, and you get forgetful. In fact, consistent lack of sleep can even cause permanent loss of memory. This is because you are not being able to fully utilize the memory boosting ability of sleep. This eventually causes brain deterioration which results in permanent memory loss.
- Affects your Heart: Lack of sleep can have an extremely negative impact on your heart. Less sleep also causes stress and strain to your body and mind. It results in an increased production of certain chemicals and hormones in the body which is harmful for your heart. According to a study in 2011, people who sleep less than 6 hours every day increase the risk of having heart problems by almost 48%. It is not very healthy to sleep less as it can complicate your daily life activities. Sleep enough and stay healthy.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Women are not really sure about frozen embryos’ ability to result in pregnancy. Ironically, the success of Frozen Embryo Transfer has dramatically improved over the last few years. In the days gone by, the chance of women getting pregnant through the use of frozen embryos seemed to be on the lower side compared to that from the transfer of fresh embryos. Recent data related to this suggests that this is no longer the case.
Reasons behind the low success rate of frozen embryo transfer in the past
Previously during the frozen embryo transfer process, the embryos which had to get frozen were the ones that did not get chosen for the fresh embryo transfer initially. The reason being that the embryologist had gone ahead to choose the best possible embryos for getting them transferred initially. As far as the fresh embryo transfer is concerned, quality of embryo has got a major effect on the chance of a woman getting pregnant. On the other hand, if quality of embryos frozen is not good, the rate of survival after it gets thawed along with the rate of pregnancy would be on the lower side.
The second important reason is the amount of embryos that got transferred. Let us consider a couple who produce four very good quality embryos. Two of them are transferred during fresh In Vitro Fertilization Process and the remaining two are frozen. This leads to pregnancy and the woman gives birth to a baby. Later on, the couple once again decides to go for pregnancy by using the frozen embryos. Though only one embryo survives after getting thawed. The frozen embryo transfer is that of a single embryo. The success rate of a frozen embryo transfer through a single embryo is always going to be on the lower side than what it will be when multiple embryo transfer is involved.
Finally the method of freezing embryos has seen a sea change quite a number of years ago. Nowadays the freezing of embryos takes place by a fast method, known as vitrification. This process has got a much better survival rate when embryos get thawed along with good rates of pregnancy when those particular embryos are transferred in a much better manner.
Studies about high success rate of frozen embryo transfer
There have been studies performed in women, who have had quite a vigorous stimulation of their ovaries and were considered to be at high risk for Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome. The physicians took the decision of skipping the process of embryo transfer and instead go ahead to freeze all the embryos for use at a later stage.
This tends to significantly decrease the risk of having serious Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome along with decrease in complications. Other cases involved, physicians deciding to move on with a fresh embryo transfer depite the risk of Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome. In both the scenarios the couples have quite a large number of embryos and the embryos selected for transfer were the best embryos.
The studies have shown no difference in the rates of pregnancy between fresh or frozen embryos or for that matter higher rate of pregnancy with frozen embryos. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My son z 18 months old and I think he is suffering from autism. Some of the symptoms are matching. Kindly suggest.
It is not uncommon for us to feel sleepy at work every once in a while. You need to get an important assignment done, but all that you want to do is curl up and take a nap. We all have our days of drowsiness. But when it becomes a daily habit and begins to interfere with productivity, it is a cause for concern. Chronic fatigue and drowsiness can almost always be traced back to underlying medical conditions, such as low blood sugar levels or depression. There are many simple remedies for this issue that you can resort to, if you wish to kick off your work days with a bang.
Here are a few tips for those days when you just can’t seem to make it through work:
- Meditate: A few minutes of meditation before work in the morning can effectively make you more alert and engaged for the rest of the day. The point of meditation is not only to bring calmness and relaxation into your life but also to make you more mindful and active. Be sure to be sitting upright and breathing properly while you meditate.
- Eat right: Having poor eating habits could be making you drowsy at work. It is important that you eat just the right quantity of food for every meal because overeating will surely make you sleepy and lethargic. Avoid oily and rich foods and eat just as much as you need.
- Sleep well: Your night time sleeping habits are probably at the root of your day time drowsiness. Staying up late or not getting undisturbed sleep can leave you feeling agonizingly exhausted at work. It is of utmost importance that you get enough sleep every night.
- Peppermint it: Peppermint is a natural stimulant and will surely leave you feeling fresh in the morning. Brush your teeth with peppermint toothpaste and sip on a cup of peppermint tea in the morning to knock the drowsiness right out of yourself.
- Move around: When you feel sleepy, your first impulse is to take a nap. But often the solution to that problem is to engage in physical activity. Pace around and do some stretching exercises in the morning to get your blood circulating and you will be amazed at how refreshed you feel.
Follow these simple methods and in no time, your productivity levels at work will shoot right up. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!