Doctor in Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, Delhi
Submit a review for Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, DelhiYour feedback matters!
He is very experience and talented doctor.
Browsing on the phone before you sleep can potentially cause serious damage to your health. According to studies the side effects can be far reaching and detrimental for your overall health. It can disrupt your sleep and contributes to several complications like heart diseases, obesity, etc.
Following are the bad effects of browsing on the phone before bed:
- Browsing on the phone till late in the night affects your sleeping pattern and deprives your body from the rest it requires. Loss and lack of sleep significantly contributes to various health problems like poor sleep, depression, stroke, cardiovascular problems, obesity etc.
- Staring at a bright screen for a long time before sleeping can slow down the activity of neurons that make you sleepy, thereby, keeping you in a state of wakefulness. Staring at artificial lights suppresses melatonin, the sleep hormone, which affects the sleep wake cycle of your body.
- Browsing on the phone before sleep also takes a toll on your eyes. It can cause serious damage to your eyes if you make a habit out of it. You can see visible signs if you wake up with dark circles in the morning and feel tired and lousy. Looking at brightly lit screen for a long time especially in the dark puts a lot of strain in your eyes and also affects mental health.
- Browsing on the phone till late in the night will make it difficult for you to wake up on time. The light on your cell phone affects your sleep, which can even trigger insomnia. Lack of sleep affects your alertness and concentration level and makes you feel drowsy and exhausted.
I'm not getting proper sleep at night for simple and small sound I will be wake up from there till the end I will not get sleep.
HI, My sleeping pattern is changed from last 1 year 6 months. Some times I sleep too much. I wake up only after 9'o clock. No early morning activity. I can't stop my sleep.
Pneumonia is a type of lung infection that may affect one or both lungs. In this condition the air sacs, also known as alveoli, fill with pus or fluid which makes it difficult to breathe. Moreover, pneumonia is known to cause inflammation in the air sacs. This disease may range from mild to life threatening and the severity depends on cause of inflammation, the organism fostering your infection, your age and general health.
Most common symptoms associated with the condition are:
- Chest pain
- Difficulty in breathing
- Shaking chills
- Rapid heartbeat
- Rapid breathing
- Dry cough
- Muscle aches
- Bluish skin tone due to oxygen deficiency
- Blood in sputum i.e. coughed up mucus
- Labored breathing
- High fever
- Bacteria- One of the most common causes of pneumonia is the bacteria named as Streptococcus pneumoniae. This type of pneumonia may occur after you have had flu or a cold, or maybe even on its own. Moreover, it may affect only one part of the lung i.e. the lobe and is also known as lobar pneumonia.
- Viruses- Viruses are one of the main reasons why children below 5 years of age suffer from pneumonia. Viruses that cause pneumonia may also cause cold or flu. Viral pneumonia is usually mild and may be treated at home itself. However, in some cases, it may be very severe and life-threatening.
- Mycoplasmas- Mycoplasma is a type of bacteria that doesn't have a cell wall around the cell membrane which is why they are usually unaffected by most antibiotics which target cell wall synthesis. The symptoms of pneumonia caused by mycoplasmas are mild and the patient does not require bed rest. This type of pneumonia is known as 'Walking Pneumonia'.
- Fungi- People with weakened immune systems or chronic health problems usually develop pneumonia due to fungi. You may also develop fungal pneumonia by inhaling large doses of it mainly found in soil or bird droppings.
Depression is a clinical, mental and emotional condition that may give rise to feelings of hopelessness and chronic sadness. It slows down the way people process everyday activities and leads the patient to a sense of constant gloom and doom. It is a disabling mental condition as per who and may be caused due to reasons like genetics, changes in the balance of hormones, stress, grief, trauma and prolonged, chronic physical ailments.
Symptoms of depression are:
- Sleep irregularity: It relates to either insomnia or oversleeping that is, either you sleep too much or do not sleep at all. This could be because of work or other stress in your personal or professional life.
- Irritation or unnecessarily getting angry: You start losing your temper easily and that too for silly reasons. You think you are losing control.
- Feeling hopeless and sad: The first signal or symptom is the feeling of hopelessness. In this, case the patient loses the hope in everything. They feel like being trapped in some kind of cage, from which they are not able to come out.
- Lack of interest in anything: Everything seems to be of no use or interest, even your daily work. You don't want to do anything; even the things, which you loved to do like your hobbies and passions, which you no longer find interesting.
Here is a comprehensive list of homeopathic medicines which most doctors are likely to recommend for treating depression:
- Sepia: This medicine is beneficial to women suffering from post-partum depression (sadness or emotional conflict after giving birth) and menopause. Feeling of solitude and hopelessness with no energy to continue with life are some common symptoms that can be reduced with Sepia.
- Arsenicum album: This medicine is prescribed to control the symptoms like diarrhea, gastric problems, indigestion which patients often suffer from as a result of intense anxiety. Patients, appropriate for this medicine tend to be fastidious and restless. It is made of white arsenic and should be taken in prescribed potency because an overdose can cause gastroenteritis.
The above mentioned medicines are just some of the medicines, which should only be taken only after consulting your doctor, as causes and symptoms differ for each person.
Hypersensitivity pneumonitis is a rare disorder caused by an immune system response in the lungs after breathing in certain triggers.
How Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis Is Treated?
The single most important thing that you can do is avoid the dust that causes the disease. If you do so, your lungs can return to normal function, as the disease is completely reversible in the early stages. Completely avoiding the dust is sometimes not possible, unless you remove yourself from the dust-causing environment. Your doctor may recommend completely avoiding the dust by relocating to a new home or job. If you have bird fancier's lung, then it is possible you may have to give up your pet bird.
In patients who have severe cases, treatment may include prescription steroids, such as prednisone. You may be required to take this medication for up 3 months and sometimes longer. Steroids may help with your symptoms; however, it will not cure the disease. Steroids can also cause certain side effects such as weight gain, thinning of the bones, cataracts, abnormal blood sugar levels and increased pressure in your eyes.
Pneumonitis is often confused with pneumonia, but these are similar ailments but not the same. While pneumonia is a type of infection which causes lung inflammation, pneumonitis is a general term to describe inflammation in pulmonary, or lung, tissue. So technically pneumonia would fall into the category of being a type of pneumonitis.