Critical Care Procedures
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Quit Smoking Techniques
Psychotherapy For Couples
Manual Therapy Treatment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Anger Management Therapy
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Psychoanalysis for Suicide
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Psychoanalysis for Mourning
Submit a review for Hans Charitable HospitalYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is an abnormal condition of the mind that develops when a person is exposed to certain traumatic events in life such as accidents, sexual assault or warfare.
The major symptoms of PTSD are:
- Reliving the traumatic experience over and over again; this leads to severe and long-term mental distress.
- Recurring dreams about the events.
- Provocation of traumatic thoughts by the slightest event that causes distress to the individual.
- Avoiding memories and thoughts that might remind them of the event.
- Developing a negative view of themselves and the world.
- Developing social or specific phobias.
- Medication and antidepressants: Medicines such as paroxetine, sertraline and selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) help the individual address insomnia related problems that occur due to PTSD and suppress nightmares.
- Psychotherapy: This form of therapy is used to cure both mental health conditions (such as obsessive compulsive disorder, anxiety and depression) as well as emotional problems that result from PTSD. Skilled mental health experts are needed for this form of treatment to be administered. They would listen to each individual patiently and provide effective strategies to give solutions to the problems. Some of these therapies are:
- Cognitive Behavioural therapy: This therapy enables the individual to adapt to changes and recognize thought patterns which lead to irrational and negative behaviour and actions.
- Exposure therapy: This therapy causes the affected individual to first become anxious by exposing him/her to the traumatic memories, situations and objects by simulating them. The therapy helps the person to overcome his/her fears and become comfortable in the same environment that had previously caused fear and anxiety.
- Group therapy: This popular and effective form of therapy allows the individual to share his/her feelings, fears and thoughts with a group of people who have themselves experienced similar trauma in their lives. Sharing such experiences helps reduces stress levels.
Some Self-Help and Coping Tips include:
- Avoiding situations that cause PTSD can worsen the condition. Hence, the individual should try to embrace and face such situations boldly.
- PTSD can result in loss of motivation and stress. Try utilizing your time in socialising, indulging in certain or even exercising for that matter.
- Taking some time out to relax and having fun is very important. This calms the body and mind, thereby improving one’s mood.
Schizophrenia has been recognized as a mental disorder that combines symptoms like hallucinations with distorted thinking and others like fright and severe paranoia. This condition is one that gets progressively worse over time and leads to delusional thinking. Oversleeping and complaining of fatigue are usually the earliest signs of this condition's onset. Eventually, it becomes a debilitating factor in the life of the patient, who will not be able to function in a normal way due to the severe symptoms.
Read on to know more about the types and causes of this condition:
- Genetic Causes: Schizophrenia may be caused due to genetic factors and it may be a learned or inherited disorder. It is known to affect patients who have a parent or a sibling who may have suffered from this condition. Yet, one must also remember that Schizophrenia can only be influenced by genetics, and not determined by the same.
- Environmental Causes: When there has been an exposure to a viral infection during the pre natal stage, the patient is susceptible to this condition. Also, it may affect children who have been subject to the loss of a parent or separation at an early age. Physical and emotional abuse in one's childhood may also bring on this condition. Low level of oxygen at the time of birth is one of the causes of this condition in many patients.
- Anomalies in Brain Structure: When the brain ventricles of the patient are enlarged, he or she may be prone to this condition. Also, anomalies in the temporal lobes and amygdala have links with the onset of this condition.
- Types: A wide variety of mental and medical conditions can manifest with psychotic symptoms that must be considered in the differential diagnosis of schizophreniform disorder. These include psychotic disorder due to another medical condition or its treatment; delirium or major neurocognitive disorder; substance/medication-induced psychotic disorder or delirium; depressive or bipolar disorder with psychotic features; schizoaffective disorder; other specified or unspecified bipolar and related disorder; depressive or bipolar disorder with catatonic features; schizophrenia; brief psychotic disorder; delusional disorder; other specified or unspecified schizophrenia spectrum and other psychotic disorder; schizotypal, schizoid, or paranoid personality disorders; autism spectrum disorder; disorders presenting in childhood with disorganized speech; attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder; obsessive-compulsive disorder; posttraumatic stress disorder; and traumatic brain injury.
Since the diagnostic criteria for schizophreniform disorder and schizophrenia differ primarily in duration of illness, the discussion of the differential diagnosis of schizophrenia also applies to schizophreniform disorder.
Brief psychotic disorder - Schizophrenia disorder differs in duration from brief psychotic disorder, which has a duration of less than 1 month to residual schizophrenia.
Residual Schizophrenia is a condition where the patient does not experience the various debilitating symptoms of the condition, and is on the road to recovery. Yet, even in this type of Schizophrenia, the patient will not really show any interest in life and the activities around him or her. Finally, the last type of Schizophrenia is Schizoaffective Disorder which is characterised by the symptoms of Schizophrenia as well as the symptoms of major mood disorders. When combined, this condition can lead to major complications and complex behavior.
A patient suffering from this condition will need to see a mental health specialist like a psychiatrist or a psychologist on an immediate basis. The treatment will be carried out on a long term basis for the results to start appearing.
Body dysmorphic disorder is a type of psychiatric disorder. It is when you cannot think about one or more defects or flaws in your appearance. These flaws are usually very minor and sometimes even unnoticeable. This is actually a much more serious disorder than many other people may think. This is because people with body dysmorphic disease may avoid many situations and also suffer from severe anxiety or shame. Here is everything you need to know about body dysmorphic disease.
Just like other psychiatric disorders, there is no known cause of body dysmorphic disease. However, there are a lot of factors, which increases your risk of developing it which include:
1. Brain disorders: Many people with abnormal brain chemistry disorders suffer from body dysmorphic disease.
2. Genes: People whose blood relatives have this disease or have obsessive compulsive disorder are more likely to develop this disorder as well.
3. Environment: Cultural and social influences are a major cause of body dysmorphic disorder as well.
There are, however a lot of symptoms of body dysmorphic disorder, most of which are psychological in nature. They include:
1. Having a preoccupation with a flaw in the body, which is very minor or perhaps even unnoticeable.
2. Beliefs that people are mocking you in relation to your flaw.
3. Being a perfectionist
It is also worth noting that this obsession can affect any part of the body and can also include several parts of the body or different parts of the body at different times. Here are the possible treatments of body dysmorphic disorder.
There are a variety of treatments, which a patient can opt for and a variety of methods of curing the problem. Here are the most common.
1. Cognitive behavioral therapy: This is when a therapist tries to stop you from thinking about the flaw that you have been focusing on way too much.
2. SSRI: SSRI stands for Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors. They are given in cases, where body dysmorphic disorder is caused by problems related to the brain chemical serotonin.
3. Hospitalization: This is a severe measure, but may need to be taken if you are in danger of harming somebody or you cannot perform daily activities.
I lost somebody close and some then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help.
Hi doctors, please help me. I had oral sex 9 months ago. I only smooched my partner and my partner sucked my penis for 10 seconds. Thats all we did. Ever since I am scared and very afraid of getting HIV. I have taken 6 tests so far. 1.) Elisa antibody test at 14 days post exposure 2.) RNA test at 30 days 3.). Antigen/antibody test at 2 months 4.) Elisa at 3 months 5.) On the spot strip test at 5 months 6.) Elisa at 6 months All tests came negative. But ever since that incident I am very scared and depressed. I have so many issues and symptoms since that day. Are my test results accurate? Should I believe my test or go for more tests?:(i also took hsv, hepatitis and vdrl all came negative.
I am facing hair loss problems. I think it might be due to less sleep and masturbation. Is there any reason due to hair haur loss occurs? Pls help me doctor.
I am 23 year old boy, I'm smoking a cigarette daily from 10-12 months, I want to stop smoking habit, please suggest me any effective suggestion about it. Thank you.
I am 19 years old and some daily upto 6 or 8 cigarette. I know its harmful but I can not stop it. What can I do.
VASHISHTHA NEUROPSYCHIATRY AND DENTAL CLINIC
दवाइयों से सम्बंधित सामान्य निर्देश :
मानसिक रोज से ग्रषित हर व्यक्ति स्वस्थ हो सकता है अगर वह सही ढंड से इलाज करवाए | आप भी निश्चित रूप से अपने को चुस्ती -फुर्ती से भरपूर तथा उपयोगी एव आए लोगो के साथ जुड़ा महसूस कर सकते है| आप जिंदगी का पूरा -पूरा आनंद उठा सकते है बशर्ते आप अपने डॉक्टर की सलाह को मानकर चले| सही उपचार आपको पीड़ा और तकलीफ से छुटकारा दिलाने में मदद करता है व सफल उपचार मानसिक रोग के सभी लक्षण मिटाकर रोगी को सामान्य जीवन की और ले जाता है | मानसिक रोग की शिकायत जितनी पुरानी होगी, ठीक होने में उतना ही अधिक समय लगता है| रोगी को सामान्य जीवन की और ले जाने में कुछ हफ्ते के लिए दवाइया निर्धारित की जाती है तथा उन्हें जारी रखना जरुरी है, आप अपनी दवाइया नियमित रूप से ले तथा डॉक्टर की सलाह का सावधानी पूर्वक पालन करे | अच्छा महशुश करना व अच्छा हो जाना दोनों समान बातें नहीं है, इसी अंतर की व बिमारी की पूरी जानकारी के लिए विशेषज्ञ से सलाह तथा इलाज़ लेना जरुरी है| अच्छा महशुश करने के बाद भी पूरी तरह से स्वस्थ होने के लिए, दवाइयां काफी लम्बे समय तक लेना जरूरी है|
नशीले पदार्थ , ड्रग्स, शराब आदि से दूर रहे| शोध और अनुशंधान से पता चला है की बहुत ज्यादा शराब पीने से और ड्रग्स लेने से मानसिक रोग की स्तिथि पैदा हो सकती है या बढ़ सकती है| यह दवाइयों के असर को धीमा भी कर सकती है या फिर इसके खतरनाक दुष्परिणाम भी हो सकते है| दवाइयां रोग को ठीक करने के लिए है अतः इन दवाइयों की आदत नहीं पड़ती है| हमेशा दवाइयां रिश्तेदार की देख रख में दी जानी चाहिए, क्युकी बहुत से रोगी इस रोग के बारे में सावधान नहीं रहते हैं और दवाइयों का दुष्प्रयोग कर सकते है|
यदि आप रोगी या उससे सम्बंधित है तो निम्न बातों का ध्यान रखें:
१. डॉकटर की सलाह के बिना दवाइयां ना ले|
२. यदि इलाज़ के दौरान कोई भी परेशानी हो तो दवा की मात्रा अपने आप न घटाए, ना बढ़ाएं, ऐसा करने से पहले आप अपने डॉक्टर से सलाह अवश्य ले|
३.दवाइयों का असर आने में २-३ हफ्ते का समय लग सकता है अतः आप संयम रखे| पूरी तरह से बिमारी जड़ से ख़त्म करने के लिए कुछ महीने तक दवा लेनी जरुरी है| कुछ बीमारियों में तो दवा जीवन भर लेनी पड़ सकती है|
४. दवाइयों से कुछ अलग असर भी हो सकते है जैसे मुंह सुखना, सुस्ती आना, कब्ज होना इत्यादि | यह सामान्य बात है जो की कुछ समय पश्चात धीरे- धीर काम हो जाता है|
५. अचानक बिना डॉक्टर की सलाह के दवाइया बंद न करे ऐसा करने से आप पुन: उसी स्थिति में वापस आ सकते है|
६. अगर आपको कोई शारीरिक परेशानी हो तो ऐसी स्थिति में आप मानसिक रोग की दवाइयों को बंद न करें, दोनों इलाज एक साथ कर सकते है|
७. ध्यान रहे, आपको केमिस्ट, सामान्य लोग, पंडित एव झाड़फूक करने वाले गुमराह कर सकते है ऐसी स्थिति में आप उनकी बातो में न आये
८. यह दवाइया नींद की नहीं है, ना ही इसकी आदत पढ़ती है, ये दवाइया आप की बीमारी से संबंधित है|
९. आप अपने आपको सुरक्षित रख सकते है, अगर आप अपनी दवाइया डॉक्टर की देख - रेख में लेते है| दवाइयों की मात्रा एव बीमारी पर नजर रखने के लिए समय -समय पर खून की जाँच करवाई जाती है|
Child guidance clinic –
Clinicians, who are expert in child psychiatry evaluate and treat children who have problems with their behaviour and emotions. We target children from birth to eighteen years.
Special areas we deal with are:
- Identification of delayed milestones and disabilities
- Assessment and diagnosis of learning problems
- Emotional and behavioural problems
- Guidance and counselling
- Early intervention either by pharmacotherapy or psychotherapy
- Specific disorders are:
- Mental retardation
- Global developmental delay
- Attention deficit hyperactive disorder
- Oppositional defiant disorder
- Other specific disorders (e.g. trauma, addiction, eating disorders, sleep disorders, clinical depression, anxiety, or phobia)