Doctor in G.T.B Diagnotic Center
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for G.T.B Diagnotic CenterYour feedback matters!
Viral fever refers to a wide range of conditions caused by viral infections of the body. These infections lead to an elevation of body temperature, along with a variety of other symptoms such as headaches, body aches, chills and skin rashes. Viral fever can affect people of all age groups and may even be highly contagious if it is not contained and treated.
What causes viral fever?
Viral fever is caused by the infestation of viruses that spread through various avenues. These viruses enter the body and multiply at a specific site, leading to an infection that manifests itself as the symptoms of fever. This fever may be chronic or acute, depending on the nature of the infection and can easily spread from one person to another.
Some of the ways in which viral fever spreads are as follows:
Consumption of contaminated food and water.
Contact with contaminated surfaces.
Contact with infected animals.
The symptoms of viral fever begin to show after an incubation period during which the virus multiplies within the body. The nature and duration of the illness varies from case to case. The most common symptoms of viral fever that accompany high body temperatures include the following:
Redness of the eyes
Inflammation of the throat
How is viral fever treated?
A case of viral fever can be quite easily treated if there is an absence of complications. For this, the illness simply needs to be diagnosed early. The use of antibiotics and steroids for treatment is advised against unless the infections have escalated beyond a certain extent. Some of the ways to treat viral fever are:
Prescription of antiviral medication
Adequate bed rest
Ample fluid intake
Administration of nasal decongestants
In most cases, the illness gets treated within the span of a few days. However, if the symptoms persist any longer, it is advisable to consult a specialist to check for underlying problems or complications.
Testosterone is a hormone, which grows the most effective at the time of your puberty. This is the main substance, which helps you to grow your chest hair, then helps to deepen your voice, boosts the growth of your penis and helps to build up your muscle.
After a certain point of age, most of the men start experiencing a decline in testosterone. If you are not being sexually aroused then the lack of testosterone can be one reason. A large number of men erroneously believe that their lack of sex drive is accompanied by their old age.
Some possible causes for testosterone deficiency may include:
Infection, injury or problems in the testicles.
Dysfunction in the hypothalamus and pituitary gland.
Inflammatory disease in the lungs or heart.
Certain effects of medication.
The testosterone deficiency can lead a man to a plethora of different sexual problems. The production of hormone is connected to your brain and inadequate testosterone can cause many problems, which may include:
Loss of sex drive.
Feeling ill and low on confidence.
Muscle mass decrease.
Decreased haemoglobin and anaemia.
Loss of body hair.
The proper way to detect testosterone deficiency problem is to measure the level of testosterone in your blood.
Injecting intramuscular medicine can help you achieve higher levels of testosterone. This can be given anywhere on your muscle with a gap of two to 10 weeks.
Application of testosterone gel especially inside your nose can lower the problem.
Application of muco-adhesive material on your gum two times a day.
Applying subcutaneous pellet.
Application of testosterone stick, you should apply it on your underarms like a deodorant.
The treatments for testosterone deficiency come with many disadvantages too. As such, consult a doctor before indulging yourself into any kind of treatment.
Children are highly at risk of developing a common cold. It has been said that 22 million school days are lost each year because of the common cold. This can easily be prevented by a number of simple measures. Here are the most common methods which people take to make sure that they do not catch the flu:
- Make your child wash their hands: This is the most common reason for children getting the common cold. It is possible that whatever you touch may get infected with your germs and pass on to your children. This can happen even hours later. Therefore, it is crucial that you wash your hands as often as possible and if this is not possible, you should at least make your child use a hand sanitizer.
- Do not sneeze into your hands: When you sneeze into your hands, the virus clings to your hands. Therefore, when you sneeze, try to sneeze into a tissue or at least into the inside of your elbow so that your child does not get a cold.
- Make your child not touch your face: Colds can only enter your body through the eyes, nose and mouth. Tell your kids not to touch their faces so that they do not catch a virus.
- Make your child do aerobic exercise: Aerobic exercise increases your heart rate and this means, that it also increases the ability of the body to kill viruses.
- Give your child foods with phytochemicals: Green, red and yellow vegetable and fruits are very good at fighting off viruses. Eat them so that the natural virus fighting ability of the body is increased.
- Do not allow your child to come near smoke: Smoking reduces the body's ability to fight off cold. This is why smokers get more severe and more frequent colds. It has been said that one cigarette can stop cilia from working for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Relax: There is also a lot of evidence that your immune system is stronger when you are not stressed out. Try to see that your child is not stressed from school or any other place which may cause them stress.
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a disorder of the endocrine system in women. It has been found that women suffering from PCOS have enlarged ovaries. These bigger ovaries contain fluids called follicles. During an ultrasound examination, these follicles are seen. If you are suffering from irregular or prolonged menstrual periods, acne, obesity and uncontrolled hair growth, you can get yourself tested for PCOS. However, doctors have failed to determine the exact cause of PCOS. This condition can have dangerous consequences and affect the overall health of the patient. If left untreated, it can cause type 2 diabetes or heart diseases.
What happens in PCOS?
Women suffering from this disorder experience a hormonal imbalance in their body. The hormone changes triggers multiple issues in the body. Sometimes, the body produces an excess of sex hormone. Women may develop masculine features due to overproduction of male hormones or androgens. There might be an imbalance in insulin levels, increasing the risk of developing diabetes.
What causes PCOS?
Surprisingly, the exact cause of PCOS is not known. Researchers have not been able to pinpoint the exact cause for developing PCOS. However, some believe that the cause has hereditary links. People with a family history of diabetes are more prone to have PCOD.
Symptoms of PCOS
The symptoms of PCOS are usually mild in nature during the initial stage. In the beginning, only a few symptoms are detectable. These include acne, obesity and extra hair growth on the face, thinning of hair on the scalp and irregular periods. The symptoms often get unnoticed by the patient first. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can gynaecologist a doctor and ask a free question.
A lot of things can be done to cope with the initial stages of dementia. A person goes through a wide range of emotions such as fear, denial, frustration, and anger, post the diagnosis.
- Physical health: For a dementia patient, it is very important to take care of one’s health. A good diet along with regular exercise and adequate rest is a prerequisite to manage this disorder.
- Regular check-ups: Regular medical check-ups with the doctor are necessary in this condition. Depression and other mental health problems should be discussed with a professional.
- Quit alcohol: Alcohol might give momentary pleasure from the misery, but it has long-standing implications. It reacts with the medicine and creates additional health and memory-related complications.
- Allocate time for difficult tasks: With time, it can become difficult to perform even the simplest of tasks. The patient should accordingly schedule the time to perform the tasks which may be difficult to carry out. Adequate breaks should be taken while performing a task to avoid getting fatigued.
- Redefine work: If a patient is suffering from dementia is still working, it should be ensured that the work is more manageable from a desk. Planning an early retirement may be a good idea in order to cope with dementia.
- Be organised: Keeping track of things can get difficult with time. It, therefore, makes sense to organise all belongings systematically. Putting labels on doors and drawers also help.
- Continue pursuing your hobbies: Amidst the difficulty and the depression, it is a good idea to continue doing things that are fun. While such activities might require some assistance from the doctor and family members, this helps the patient to be cheerful and healthy.
- Maintain notes: Since dementia is involved with forgetfulness, it makes sense to maintain a diary and keep records of phone numbers, people, appointments, etc.
- Communication channel: Maintaining a direct communication channel with family, friends, and relatives is a good idea. Sharing feelings will go a long way in maintaining relations with loved ones.
- Support group: Joining a dementia support group can be highly beneficial for the patient. It will not only give the patient company but also make sure that the patient gets a lot of useful information about the disorder. It also helps in keeping the morale up.
- Getting ready for the future: Things need to be meticulously planned well in advance to ensure that when the disease progresses, the patient has enough people to look after him. Things such as medical arrangements, financial assets, and property details should be carefully handed over as per the patient's wish. This will ensure a smooth run of the patients’ life when they can no longer take care of themselves.
The sciatic nerve is one of the largest nerves in the body. It goes from the lower back all the way down to the base of the leg. When there is a disorder associated with the sciatic nerve, it is known as sciatica. Sciatica, however, does not necessarily need a surgery or a very elaborate procedure to fix the problem. Most commonly, it is treated simply by practicing a number of simple exercises.
1. Reclining pigeon pose:
There are three main forms of the pigeon pose. These are sitting, reclining and forward. It is recommended that if you are just starting your treatment for sciatica that you use the reclining pose. In this pose, you are supposed to hold your left leg in the air at a right angle to your back. Then you are supposed to hold your ankle against the knee. Finally, repeat this stretch with the right leg as well.
2. Knee to opposite shoulder:
In this stretch, the starting position is on your back side. You have to have your legs out and feet upwards. From this position, try to bring your right leg towards your left shoulder. Hold this for 30 seconds and then release and relax. Repeat this exercise three times and then repeat the whole procedure with your other leg. Only take your leg as far as it will go.
3. Sitting spinal stretch:
At the start of this exercise, sit on the ground with your legs going straight outwards and your feet flexed in the upward direction. Pull your left knee and then put it on the outside of your right knee. Finally, place your right elbow on the left knee so that your body turns to the left. Hold for 30 seconds and then relax before repeating with the other knee.
4. Standing hamstring stretch:
Put your foot on an elevated surface such that it is above the floor but not above hip level. Flex your toes forward such that your feet and legs are nearly in a straight line. Bend as far towards the foot as possible. However, do not stretch so far that you feel pain. Finally, repeat this procedure on the other side after release.
5. Butler Mobilisation:
Your physiotherapist may also provide you butler mobilisation to help you get rid of the sciatic nerve. This has been a very successful way of treating this problem.
6. Self nerve mobilisation:
This is also a very effective technique for providing immediate relief to the sciatic nerve patients. It is a widely used by physiotherapists to help their patients.
Urinary infection is one widespread disorder that most of the human beings face in the later stages of their lives. The infection is experienced mostly by half of the women and according to statistical data, it has been noted that about 40% of women and 12% of men get infected with urinary infection. Women who are sexually active have more possibilities to get this infection. It is an infection suffered by many people and, which is more vulnerable to children and women.
The symptoms that are identified for a person with urinary infection are frequent urination and burning sensation at the time of passing urine. In certain cases, women even experience leaking of urine while sleeping. It is advised not to take this condition casually as it can lead to further complications, and medications need to be taken to reduce the discomfort caused.
Main Causes of Urinary Infection
- The main reason why urinary infection is caused is due to a bacterium that moves from the urinary duct into the urinary bladder.
- There are chances to get urinary infection if a person has sex with many partners
- Women should not hold back the urge for urinating frequently, as it can weaken the bladder and makes it prone to urinary infection.
Treatment for Urinary Infection
There are simple and helpful home remedies that can be used for the treatment of urinary infection, and these include
- It is very necessary to drink a lot of water, as it would help flush the bacteria from the bladder that causes the infection. It is advisable to drink at least 80 ounces of water on a daily basis.
- It is advisable to eat foods rich in Vitamin C as they are helpful in making the urine more acidic, and it inhibits further growth of the bacterium in the urinary tract.
- It is very important that spicy foods and bladder irritants like caffeine, carbonated drinks and artificial sweeteners be cut from the diet to reduce the irritation.
- It is very important to include healthy foods in your diet, that are rich in high-fibre carbohydrates and helpful in the digestive health of your body.
- Herbal remedies can be taken for treatment of urinary tract infection, and the leaves of bearberry are used for this purpose.
- Most importantly, it is very necessary to adopt healthier habits and quit smoking. Women should wear loose clothing and make use of personal hygiene products that are free from any fragrance.
Ayurveda is a system of medicine that takes a holistic approach to treat various diseases. It is believed in Ayurveda that when a disease occurs in your body then it means that the mind, body and soul are unbalanced.
It is believed that everyone is made up of five elements - earth, air, water, ether and fire. If all of these elements in the body are well balanced, then the body tends to function in a healthy manner. An illness is a sign that one or multiple elements in the body are not balanced. A practitioner carries out a diagnosis of your diet, lifestyle, seeks to find out the cause of the imbalance and provides treatment accordingly.
The various symptoms of diabetes are outlined below -
You may experience fatigue as the glucose in the body will not be effectively utilized.
2. Frequent urination
You may urinate frequently because of the presence of excess glucose in the blood.
3. Weight gain
You may experience weight gain.
4. Bruises take a longer time to heal
Injuries take more time to heal if there is too much glucose concentration in the body.
1. Eating bitter gourd with ghee is good for bringing down blood sugar levels.
2. Bitter gourd juice can also be an effective remedial measure.
4. Combine "neem" leaves, "tulsi" and "belpatras" with a glass of water and drink it on empty stomach to keep diabetes at bay.
6. Consume bitter vegetables
7. You should exercise on a regular basis; activities such as running, strength training and yoga will help you manage diabetes better
8. Consume lots of green vegetables and herbs as they assist in insulin production.
The heart is one part of your body that pumps blood relentlessly; to be grateful to the most important organ, it’s your duty to look after its health. Cardiovascular diseases and heart ailments can be prevented by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Here are a few tips to keep your heart healthy:
- Add fiber to your diet: Making fiber a part of your regular diet is a great idea as the heart works best when it runs on natural fuel. You can achieve this by adding more raw fruits and vegetables in your meals as they are an excellent source of fiber and nutrients.
- Engage in physical activity: Your heart is a muscle and to make it healthier, you need some form of physical exercise. Engaging in cardiovascular forms of exercise for an hour daily keeps your heart in good condition. Engaging in physical activity also reduces the risk of getting a heart disease and acts as a stress buster.
- Cut down on the salt intake: The sodium content in salt disrupts the balance of fluids in your body leading to high blood pressure. This can affect the functioning of the heart; that is to pump blood, which is a major cause of a heart attack. So, cutting down on salt can reduce stress and the risks of heart attacks.
- Manage your weight: People on the overweight side run a risk of getting heart diseases more often than fit and leaner ones as they tend to be more inactive and sluggish. The heart diseases caused due to obesity can be avoided by making minor changes to your diet and exercising on a daily basis.
- Quit smoking: If you are a regular smoker, quitting is the best thing you can do for your heart. The main reason for coronary heart diseases is nicotine present in the cigarette. Once, you quit smoking completely, you will be 50% less likely to run the risks of a heart attack as compared to a regular smoker.
A testosterone level test measures the amount of testosterone in the blood and is reported as nanograms per deciliter (ng/dL). It's also known as a serum testosterone test. Testosterone is an androgen, or a sex hormone, produced by both males and females. It plays a role in puberty and fertility.
What is a good testosterone level?
In general, the normal range in males is about 270 to 1070 ng/dL with an averagelevel of 679 ng/dL. A normal male testosterone level peaks at about age 20, and then it slowly declines. Testosterone levels above or below the normal range are considered by many to be out of balance.