Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Treatment of Anemia
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Hypertension
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Patient Review Highlights
The lifestyle we lead plays an important role. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is important to overcome many diseases as it helps in bringing the blood pressure to normal and in turn reduce the risks of diseases, such as diabetes and hypertension. Factors like smoking, diet, stress and sedentary lifestyle can lead to hypertension and diabetes. Hypertension is known as silent killer as it is symptomless.
There are various traditional medicines known to lower the blood pressure. Also, there are certain herbs that help in controlling blood pressure and preventing other diseases.
Some of these herbs are:
- Basil: This herb has a strong aroma and can be used in the preparation of many foods. It also helps in lowering the blood pressure, though for a brief time. Adding freshly chopped or torn basil to soups, salads, pastas and casseroles not only enhance the taste but are also beneficial for health.
- Cinnamon: This herb requires some effort to add in the diet, but is helpful in maintain the blood pressure. Diabetic people should have cinnamon everyday in some or the other way. Cinnamon can be included by sprinkling over cereals, oats, coffee, stews and curries.
- Cardamom: Cardamom if consumed daily can be helpful in bringing down blood pressure and in turn controlling hypertension and diabetes. Cardamom is very popular in South Asia, the seeds can be powdered and used in stews, soups or baking. It not only has an enhanced flavor but is also packed with numerous health benefits.
- Flaxseed: This is very rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids are believed to lower the blood pressure and also protect the body against atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease. They are known for reducing cholesterol levels, and improving glucose tolerance thus acting as antioxidant. Flaxseeds can be added in smoothies and soups or baked goods.
- Garlic: Garlic often synonymous with bad breath and pungent seasoning has immense health benefits. It dilates and relaxes the blood vessels allowing the blood to flow freely and in turn reduces the blood pressure.
- Ginger: Adding ginger to the diet helps to control the blood pressure. It relaxes the blood vessels and improves the circulation of the blood. Ginger can be used in sweets, savories and beverages and is very common in Asian food.
- Celery seed: This is a diuretic and in China it is used to treat hypertension. This can be used to flavor stews, soups, savory dishes and casseroles. Both the seeds and the plant have various benefits and uses of their own.
- Hawthorn: This herb is used to treat high blood pressure in China. Decoctions of the herb have health benefits such as reduction of blood pressure, controlling hypertension and blood circulation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.
I am male 22. I am having back pain from many days, the pain is allover the back. Lower,upper, middle.also have pain below the ribs and also in ribs. Rib pain is on the right side and sometimes on the left but mostly on the right. I also feel I have something stuck in my throat. Few months back I was diagnosed with gastroesophageal reflux disease. Whenever I eat something the pain increases. My symptoms also include bloating, gas and sometimes feeling acid in my food pipe .i was wondering if all these symptoms are because of GERD. Please help.
I recently had all my tests done chest x-ray is normal lung fields are normal CBC test is normal. I'm only diagnosed with allergy problem. Can somebody please tell me is it a sign of asthma?
Hi! I am 28 years old. Last January 2016 I had surgery of renal calculus on left kidney. After the surgery, I am having pain in the same area. I consulted with same doctor, but nothing came out in ultrasound and xray. It was normal. But frankly telling, m not feeling good. The pain is coming and after few days, it vanishes. Recently I shifted to bangalore, consulted with another doctor. He suggested for Mri scanning. But there also report normal. However, since 1 month I am feeling something in the same area. Itching also started. Please suggest something. I am very much tensed.
43 years old my aunty got chest pain 3 weeks back not localised but they went to doctor they took ecg to her she already took medication for hypertension for 5 months I have doubt in that normal or not.
Hi! My age is 20. I am an engineering student and so I always keep on watching video lectures or something like that for about 3-3.5 hours a day and sometimes I have severe headache and my forehead is just about to blast out and I also have pain in the areas near my eyes sometimes. So please suggest something good that reduces this sort of pain.
Hi, I have suffered from typhoid twice once in November n now in December. I got severe back pain when I got typhoid first time. Later too. Still suffering from bank pain. One orthopedist suggested me to go for MRI. He is suspecting it as salmonella discitis. MRI report says dehydration of disc l2-l3. Please suggest me.
My daughter is suffering from severe cold and cough. She is unable to sleep for continuous coughing. Please help me doctors. I have consulted the doctors and following the prescribed medicines. But all is in vain. She is still coughing.
Sir mujhe asthama h kya ye bimari mere sath relation banane wale ko bhi hogi? Agr hoti h to relation kaise banaye rakhe.
I am 30 years old. I have gas from last 4 years. I have used lot of medicins but in vain. Also my penis are very short of only 3 inches what can I do in these situations.
It is often a misconception that you can lose fat from a specific place. If you lose fat from the body, then the fat loss would be from the entire body and won’t be restricted to a specific area of your body. Exercise and diet combined together form an effective tool which you can use to lose fat from your entire body.
The fat in the body is stored in the form of triglycerides, which the body cannot break down for energy. The triglycerides are first broken down to glycerol and fatty acids, which are then released into the bloodstream, following which they can be used as energy.
Initially the body uses the available carbohydrates present in the blood for energy; fat is only used as fuel after the carbohydrates supply is exhausted. Hence, prolonged steady state exercise, such as jogging for 50-60 minutes is an efficient method of burning fat. Another strategy you may employ to lose fat from your body is by a method called high intensity interval training.
High intensity interval training (HIIT) is increasingly becoming the new fad in fat loss. This method utilizes a concept where you do an exercise at full thrust for a short time of 20-30 seconds followed by a short rest period of 10-15 seconds; this comprises of one set. Repeat for another 9 to 10 sets for a proper HIIT workout. The idea is to burn energy during the exercise and after the exercise is complete.
The exercises in HIIT are done at full throttle which means your heart rate centers around an anaerobic zone and this creates an oxygen shortage in the body. An effect called EPOC (excess post-exercise oxygen consumption) is induced in the body that results in an elevated metabolism for up to 24-48 hours after the workout. So you would be burning fat simply by doing nothing.
The fat loss process occurs when the fat cells around the body shrink. Doing body specific exercise such as crunches to lose fat from the stomach does not work and will only work the muscle underneath the fat. It is better to focus on compound exercises that involve the entire body to burn more calories and lose fat from the body.
1) how cold water is harmful for health? Is it true that on consumption of cold water for long time reduce BMR (basal Metabolic rate) 2) what are the ill-effects of cold drinks and which ingredients in cold drink are harmful? How those ingredients affect the body internally? 3) sugary food is harmful for health or not? If it harmful then how it affects the body internally? 4) if spicy food is consumed more than necessary then how it affects the body? Thanking you in anticipation.
Does having sinus tachycardia and shortest pr interval reflecting on ECG is normal or is it dangerous. If ECG is taken when the patient is suffering from cough. And if we see shortest pr interval & sinus tachycardia on the ECG report, is it normal or any precautions should we take, please suggest.
I am suffering from cold for 4 years. I met doctor they said me that it permanent. I want solution for it.
My Mom is having constant pain in one leg till waist, done with health package, everything is normal Vitamin D deficiency found, she is having diabetes as well. At she has taken vitamin D injection as well but with no relief. Can anyone of you suggest me something Experts views are most welcome.
Sir, I don't, know what I am suffering from, I had a chest pain last month so I got contacted with a cardiologist he suggested to undergo some test, my ECG was good, TMT was 86%, but there was something found in Echo I.e I am having bicupsidal valve with mild regurgitation and with LV Ejection Fraction of 60%, I am also having high blood pressure and my LFT reports were OK, but still I am feeling something is happening to me i.e I am feeling sometime fatigue specially during evening time and I am feeling heavy head most of the time in a day. So please suggest what is really happening to me.
A pessimistic attitude increases the risk for death from heart disease, a new study reports. The researchers followed 2, 267 men and women 52 to 76 years old. At the start of the study participants were presented six statements and asked to rate, on a 0 to 4 scale, how well the statements applied to them. The text was either positive (for example, in uncertain times, I usually expect the best) or negative (if something can go wrong for me, it will). The scientists found that those in the highest one-quarter of scores on pessimism were more than twice as likely to die of heart disease as those in the lowest one-quarter.
your personality traits can make physical health worse, if you're pessimistic and have some health issues, then it's even more important to take care of your physical health.