Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Fortis Flight Liutenant Rajan Dhall Hospital - Vasant KunjYour feedback matters!
Are you looking for techniques to detoxify your body? Among the various detoxifying techniques you can opt for, maintaining a detox diet is very important. Consuming food items which are detoxifying in nature is a great way to cleanse the body. Here is a list of foods which should be a part of the detox diet for your body:
- Fruits: Fruits contain a lot of liquids which help the body to wash toxins out. They are beneficial for easy digestion. Containing antioxidants in high amounts along with nutrients, important vitamins and fibre, fruits should be a part of your detoxifying diet.
- Green food: You should consume a lot of food items which are naturally green in colour. They include blue-green algae, wheat grass, kale, spinach, chard and other organic leafy green vegetables. These plants give a chlorophyll boost to your digestive tract, which helps in the elimination of harmful toxins from toxic metals, pesticides, herbicides and cleaning products.
- Citrus fruits: Among fruits, you should have a lot of citrus fruits like oranges, lemons and limes. Citrus fruits help the body to flush out toxins and start the enzymatic procedures in the digestive tract. Lemon juice supports the liver in cleansing as well. Vitamin C is a very efficient detox vitamin which transforms toxins into digestible materials.
- Garlic: The pungent little bulb is another amazing detoxifying food. It stimulates the liver to produce detoxification enzymes, which filter toxic residues from the digestive system.
- Broccoli sprouts: These are rich in antioxidants and have the ability to stimulate the detoxification enzymes in the digestive tract. The sprouts are more beneficial than fully grown broccoli.
- Green tea: Green tea is full of antioxidants and helps in washing out toxins from the system via liquid content. A special antioxidant called catechins present in green tea increase liver function.
- Moong beans: Moong beans have been used as a detoxifying agent in Ayurveda for many years. These are easy to digest and help in the absorption of toxic residue from the walls of the intestine.
- Raw vegetables: You should eat several vegetables such as raw onions, carrots, asparagus, artichokes, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, garlic, beet, turmeric and oregano. The combination of the various types will help the liver in eliminating toxins during the process of cleansing. These contain natural sulphur and glutathione, which help in detoxifying the liver from chemicals.
- Seeds and nuts: You should add some easily digestible nuts and seeds to your regular diet. Flax seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, sesame seeds, chia seeds and sunflower seeds are ideal for natural detoxification.
You should also consume Omega-3 oils such as avocado, hemp and flax seed oil during detoxification. These lubricate the walls of the intestine and allow the toxins to get absorbed by the oil, getting eliminated from the body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
A common phrase “the backbone of the company or family,” is used to indicate the integral role a particular person plays within the context. As this saying implies, the actual human backbone is central to everything your body does and experiences.
- The spine has two major functions. It serves to keep the body balanced and upright, and it works to protect the central nervous system. When the spinal column is in its proper alignment, the entire body is in balance.
- Unfortunately, many outside factors can cause misalignments, or subluxations, to appear in the spine. Injuries, accidents, tension, and overworking muscles can all lead to subluxations. You will notice some of the resulting side effects like: Neck pain, low back pain, headaches, insomnia, joint pain, and chronic fatigue are just some of the many ways in which your body may be telling you that you have a vertebra out of alignment.
- Regular spinal alignment correction is a natural and drug-free pathway to wellness that encompasses your entire body.
- Advanced biomechanical spinal correction techniques that are totally different to osteopathy and chiropractic or physiotherapy, help in practically untwisting your body and release tight and stuck structures. It utilizes specific mobilization or manipulation in some cases.
- With this unique technique, we not only treat the segmental painful area, tissue causing symptoms, but also balance the entire pelvic base, spine, TMJ and balance the upper and lower extremities.
- Untwist your body for a healthy and painfree tomorrow!
- spine Injuries
Constipation is a word which can scare us to quite an extent. In short we can say that one finds it difficult to discuss the issue and feels embarrassed to even talk about it. Most of the times a person tries to self administer medicines in order to get relief from the constipation bug as he is not willing to talk about it to his family, friends or as for that matter even a doctor.
But let us face the truth! constipation has become a very common problem nowadays and for some it has been like a daily routine. But what could be the possible reason behind the increase in the number of constipation stricken patients a doctor sees everyday.
- Unfortunately it is nothing but our poor lifestyle which is to be blamed. Poor eating habits, excessive junk consumption, stress, not drinking enough water, smoking, excessive alcohol consumption, pregnancy, over eating and not exercising could be some of the reasons.
- Once you suffer from constipation along with hardened stools you can suffer from irritability, abdominal bloating, mood swings, nausea and vomiting.
- Studies have clearly shown that about 14% of the indian population suffers from constipation.
- Constipation can be of two types organic and functional - organic being a deformation to the colon and functional can be due to a poor diet, less intake of fluids and continual stress.
- But make sure that you do not ignore the signs of constipation as it can lead to various other issues like haemorrhoids, anal fissures, diverticulitis and so on.
Here are some effective home remedies which can help you in bidding adieu to the'hardened stool mania'-
1. Castor oil
- Castor oil is a great remedy for constipation.
- Castor oil is a great remedy for constipation.
- Castor oil can work wonders! yes I am serious. It has been used for ages by our fathers and forefathers for treating constipation. Castor oil acts as a great laxative as it increases the movement of the intestines and helps in clearing it out instantly. It basically acts as a lubricant and helps in getting out the waste quickly without much ado.
How to consume it- take 1 tsp of castor oil with a glass of warm water in the night at bedtime. Next morning you should be able to freshen up really well.
- Prunes are a super remedy for constipation.
- Prunes are a super remedy for constipation.
- Prunes are nothing but dried plums which are endowed with the goodness of fibre and sorbitol. Fibre as we all know is known to facilitate the smooth functioning of our bowels and sorbitol, a natural form of sugar which does not get digested easily and hence can draw loads of water while its way to the intestines and add bulk to the stool.
- How to consume it- consume 3 prunes for at least a week everyday. You can also have a glass of warm water if required.
3. Aloe vera juice
- Aloe vera forms a gel and helps in getting rid of constipation.
- Aloe vera forms a gel and helps in getting rid of constipation.
- While aloe vera juice has been thought to be great for the skin and hair, it can actually help you in relieving constipation. Aloe vera juice can form a gel like substance in the tummy leading to mucus formation and increased intestinal peristalsis. It can also draw more water leading to the easy passage of stools.
How to consume it- consume around 30ml of aloe vera juice (unsweetened and stabilised) with a glass of water at bedtime or early in the morning on waking up.
4. Flax seed oil
- Flax seed oil for constipation.
- Flax seed oil for constipation.
- Flax seed oil is known as a great remedy for constipation. It can again act as a lubricant and coat the stools in such a way which leads to easy passage of the same. In short the stools are able to sail freely through the intestines without an issue.
- How to consume it- consume 1 tsp of flax seed oil with a glass of warm water mid-morning for almost a week and see magical results.
- Yogurt is good for your digestive tract.
- Yogurt is good for your digestive tract.
- If you need to keep your tummy healthy then its essential to consume yogurt. Why yogurt? because it promotes growth of good bacteria in the gut and helps in preventing or considerably lessens the effects of constipation. So if you have to make your digestive system strong then its mandatory to consume yogurt on daily basis.
- How to consume it- add a cup of yogurt to fresh fruits or add it your breakfast cereal bowl.
While these remedies can relieve the problem of constipation efficiently, there are times when these might not work. By that I mean severe cases of constipation. If the problem is persistent then its best to visit a doctor and follow the advised prescription.
In addition to these remedies-
- Eat a fibre rich meal comprising of fruits, veggies, brown rice, oatmeal etc.
- Drink at least 12-15 glasses of water.
- Exercise for at least 25-30 minutes.
- Reduce your stress levels.
- Get adequate rest and sleep at least 8 hours each day.
- Make these changes and see the problem of constipation saying bye bye soon.
Take homoeopathy and put your diabetes under control.
Homoeopathy works miracle which can drop down insulin level or help the patients to get rid of a numerous medicines you are taking in order to put your diabetes under control.
- For proper treatment it needs a thorough case analysis to prescribe correct medicines but still I am sharing some medicines which probes very significant in decreasing the blood sugar level effectively.
- Apart from medicines some lifestyle management is necessary which I can suggest on demand through consultations.
- Medicines effective for controlling diabetes are as follows:
- Abroma augusta: one of the best homeopathic medicines for diabetes with loss of flesh and weakness
Abroma augusta is the top natural homeopathic medicine to treat diabetes mellitus. Its use is highly recommended in those patients who are losing flesh and suffer from extreme weakness due to diabetes mellitus. The patients who can greatly benefit from this homeopathic medicine have an increased thirst with dryness of mouth. They also have an increased appetite and the urination is very frequent day and night. Excessive weakness is felt after urination. Homeopathic medicine abroma augusta is also of great help in treating sleeplessness in a person with diabetes. Another sphere in which this homeopathic remedy yields good results is skin complaints like boils and carbuncles in a diabetic patient. Burning sensation in the whole body is a prominent general symptom that can be found in persons requiring abroma augusta.
Phosphorus- one of the best homeopathic medicines for diabetes with weakness in vision
Phosphorus is a natural homeopathic medicine of great help for treating diabetes mellitus, though its use depends completely on the constitutional symptoms of the patient. Homeopathic medicine phosphorus is a remedy of great help for weakness of vision in a diabetic patient.
Syzygium jambolanum: top homeopathic medicines for reducing sugar levels
Syzygium jambolanum is among the best natural homeopathic remedies for the treatment of diabetes mellitus. It acts promptly and efficiently in decreasing the sugar levels. Excessive thirst and excessive urination are always present in the patient. Homeopathic medicine syzygium jambolanum also gives wonderful results in treatment of long-standing ulcers in a diabetic patient.
Phosphoric acid: one of the homeopathic medicines for diabetes with extreme weakness
Phosphoric acid is an excellent natural homeopathic remedy for extreme weakness, either mental or physical, in a diabetic patient. Such patients feel exhausted all the time. They have a weak memory and are forgetful. Some sort of history of grief may be found in patients requiring this homeopathic medicine. For numbness of feet in patients of diabetes mellitus, phosphoric acid is the best homeopathic remedy.
Gymnema sylvestre: homeopathic treatment for diabetes mellitus with weight loss
Gymnema sylvestre is a natural homeopathic medicine of great help for patients of diabetes mellitus who are losing weight with weakness and exhaustion. In such patients, this homeopathic remedy works as a tonic resulting in improvement of overall health. With homeopathic medicine gymnema sylvestre, the patient puts on weight and feels energetic.
Different speech sounds are acquired at different stages of a child's speech development. Sounds such as /pa/, /tha/ are acquired earlier and sounds such as /sa/, /ra/ and /sk/ (as in school), /tr/ (as in tree) are acquired later. In some children only one or two sounds may be mispronounced whereas in others so many sounds may be mispronounced that the child's speech may be unintelligible. Even at 4 years of age if your child's speech is not easily understood by a stranger then it is best to get professional help. See faq for more information on misarticulation.
- These children have difficulty producing speech on command (i. E, requiring conscious effort), and find it easier to produce frequently used utterances (i. E, “hi”, “hello”, “bye”). Excessive effort is used to produce the simplest of sounds.
- Speech problems of children with repaired cleft lip and palate:
- These children have nasal voice and misarticulation of speech sounds. Early intervention will help improve the quality of their speech.
एक चाय की प्याली आपको बना रही है बीमार! चाय पीने के नुकसान इतने बड़े है कि चाय से बेहतर होगा इंसान का जहर पीना
1. सुबह उठते ही आपको चाय पीने की एक आदत होगी।
आपको बिना चाय पिए तो जैसे, चैन ही नहीं पड़ता होगा।
2. लेकिन आपको यह जानकर हैरानी होगी कि जो व्यक्ति जितनी ज्यादा चाय पीता है वह उतना ही अधिक बीमार भी होता है।
3. चाय जो यूरोप और अमेरिका जैसे देशों में रहने वाले लोगों के लिए सही है किन्तु गर्म देशों में रहने वाले व्यक्तियों के लिए चाय जहर के समान होती है. गर्म देशों में रहने वाले लोगों के पेट में अम्लीय (एसिडिक) की मात्रा पहले ही अधिक होती है. अब चाय के पीते ही यह और अधिक हो जाती है।
4. इसके कारण से पेट में जलन और सीने में जलन जैसी बीमारियाँ बनने लगती हैं।
5. उसके साथ चाय में उपयोग की गयी चीनी तो आपको बीमार बना रही है. शुगर, दिल की बीमारियाँ, और ब्लडप्रेशर की बीमारी होने का खतरा बढ़ जाता है. आप एक प्रयोग भी कीजिये कि जब चाय पी लें तो अपना ब्लडप्रेशर नापें और शुगर को नापें ।
6. चाय पीने के नुकसान इतने भयंकर है कि आप शायद चाय पीना खुद ही छोड़ देंगे।
7. यूरोप में तो चाय के अन्दर ये सफ़ेद चीनी और दूध नहीं डालते हैं. लेकिन वहां की चाय भी हरी पत्तियों वाली होती हैं. भारत में काली चाय एक तरह का कूड़ा है जो गरीबों के बीच भेजी जा रही है।
तो अब हम आपको चाय पीने के नुकसान बताते हैं. शायद तब आप चाय को पीना ही छोड़ देंगे-
1. पेट हो रहा है खराब-----*चाय पीने से आपका पेट पूरी तरह से खराब हो जाता है. आपकी पाचन शक्ति खराब हो जाती है और साथ ही साथ आपके पेट में तेज़ाब बनना शुरू हो जाता है।
2. गैस की समस्या-----* गर्म देशों में चीनी की चाय पीने से गैस की समस्या होने लगती है. वही अम्लीय होने की वजह से आपके शरीर में एसिड की मात्रा बढ़ जाती है. जो गैस और जलन करने लगती है।
3. हाथ पैरों में दर्द की वजह चाय-----* आपके हाथ पैरों में अगर बहुत दर्द होता है तो उसकी वजह चाय ही है. चाय का असर हमारी हड्डियों पर पड़ता है. वह गलने लगती हैं. कम उम्र में ही दर्द होना, सोते वक़्त दर्द होना. यह सब चाय की वजह से ही होता है।
4. ब्लडप्रेशर हाई हो जाता है-----*ठंडे इलाकों में रहने वाले लोगों का ब्लडप्रेशर लो रहता है. लेकिन हमारे यहाँ ऐसा कुछ ही दिन होता है जब अधिक सर्दी होती है. बाकी समय में चाय पीने से हमारा ब्लडप्रेशर तुरंत हाई हो जाता है. अब आपका ब्लडप्रेशर लो है तो आप चाय पि लीजिये लेकिन बाकी लोगों के लिए चाय जहर होती है।
5.केलोस्ट्रोल की मात्रा बढ़ती है------* चाय पीने से शरीर में केलोस्ट्रोल की मात्रा बढ़ जाती है. अर्थात खून में कचरा बढ़ता है और दिल तक खून पहुंचना मुश्किल होने लगता है. बाद में हार्ट प्रोब्लम्स हो जाती हैं।
6.तो अब चाय पीने के नुकसान जानकार आप समझ गये ना कि चाय क्यों एक जहर है?*
7. अब चाय पीने के नुकसान से बचना है और आपको चाय पीनी है तो आप चीनी की जगह गुड़ का उपयोग करें और चाय में दूध ना डालें. साथ ही साथ चाय की हरी पत्तियों का उपयोग करें ना कि काले सूखे कचरे का उपयोग करें ।
8. आपको यह जानकर हैरानी होगी कि अंग्रेजों से पहले देश में चाय की खेती नहीं होती थी।
9. अब अंग्रेज आये तो उन्होंने इस जहर की खेती की. उनको चाय की जरूरत भी थी क्योकि उनका ब्लडप्रेशर लो रहता था।
10.अब अगर आप अब भी चाय पीते हैं तो उससे बेहतर यही है कि आप जहर पीलें क्योकि एक चाय की प्याली ही आपको बहुत-बहुत बीमार बना रही है।
अब फैसला आपको करना है चाय जहर पीते रहने के लिये क्या क्या होता है आपने पढ ही लिया होगा इस लिये सोचे मत अपने स्वास्थ को निरोगी रखने के लिए आज से त्याग कर देवे ।
चाय के फायदे आप ने जान ही लिये है अब तो मौका है चाय त्याग करने नही तो चाय ही आप का त्याग कर देगी आप चाय नही त्यागे तो इस लिये आप खुद उसे त्याग देवे ।
The unbeatable Beetroot Juice has been elevated to the status of a superfood owing to its many benefits.
Beetroot, also known simply as the beet, has been gaining in popularity as a new super food due to recent studies claiming that beets and beetroot juice can improve athletic performance, lower blood pressure and increase blood flow.
Did you know that it can boost your stamina.
What if I told you consuming something as simple as a beetroot could possibly help extend endurance and improve performance?
The supplement world is a crazy world, and I know you,
as an athlete, want to do everything you can to optimize training and performance – as long as it makes sense and actually works.
Drinking a glass of beetroot juice or consuming some nice baked beetroot is easy and, in my opinion, delicious.
Some other benefits of Beetroot Juice –
– Improves memory
– Detoxifies Body
– Fat free and energy giving
– Effective for wound healing
– Lowers cholesterol and bp
– Prevents Skin ageing and cell damage
– Improves immunity
– prevents constipation and improves digestion
– excellent food during pregnancy as contain natural folic acid.
Beetroot juice supplementation has been shown to improve muscle oxygenation during exercise, suggesting that increased dietary nitrate intake has the potential to enhance exercise tolerance during long-term endurance exercise.
Quality of life for those with cardiovascular, respiratory, or metabolic diseases, who find the activities of daily living physically difficult because of lack of oxygenation, could be improved.
Some heart defects are present right from birth. We discuss the role of your genes in making you vulnerable to heart disease.
What is Low Sex Drive?
Low sex drive, medically known as Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder (HSSD), is a condition where you may notice a drop in the urge to have sex or engage in any sort of sexual activity. It is something that everyone may go through at some point in their life. However, if this prolongs, you may be suffering from HSSD and you need treatment for the same. According to statistics, about 15 percent of men and 30 percent of women go through this at some point of time but never pay much heed to it.
What Causes Low Sex Drive?
The factors that contribute to low sex drive may differ in men and women.
Causes In Men
Alcohol and or smoking
Low levels of testosterone
Drugs dealing with depression, blood pressure, etc.
Lost spark in marriage
Causes In Women
Drugs, smoking, alcohol
Drugs for depression, blood pressure and pain
Stress and anxiety
Traumatic incidents in childhood, such as child abuse
Symptoms of Low Libido
Low sex drive happens over a period of time. If it happens over a few days, then it is nothing of great concern. However, if the symptoms persist over a span of few weeks then you may consider treatment. If you notice the following symptoms, then it may be low sex drive:
Sex has become less frequent
Your partner points out your disinterest in sexual activities
You feel too lazy to initiate sex
If you have stopped enjoying sex altogether
Sex is less dynamic and more mechanical
There is change in your pattern of desiring sex
Aversion to sex
No arousal even after sufficient stimulation
How To Treat it with Homeopathy?
Homeopathy helps to treat the underlying disease which may be responsible for low sex drive. There are number of cases in which low sex drive may be present without any other disease in the background. Homeopathy offers promising results in improving low sex drive. It helps in following ways:
Treating the underlying cause
Treatment of Erectile dysfunction
Reducing stress and improving your stress coping system
Replacing your antidepressant and anti-anxiety medicines, whenever possible
Enhancing your moods and stimulating your sex drive
Homeopathy is strongly recommended in the cases of Low sex drive or Loss of Libido. The homeopathy drugs that can be prescribed to you for boosting your libido are:
Argentum nitricum or silver nitrate
- Turnera diffusa or Damiana
Urinary incontinence, commonly known as loss of bladder control can really cause embarrassment. The severity of this condition may range from once in a while leaky urine to the sudden and forceful urge to urinate, due to which you end up urinating before reaching the toilet.
Types of Urinary Incontinence:
- Stress Incontinence: When you feel the urge to urinate due to sneezing, coughing, laughing or while doing physical exercise
- Urge Incontinence: When you feel the urge to urinate, suddenly. This may occur during the day and even at night.
- Functional Incontinence: When you cannot reach the toilet on time because of a physical or mental impairment.
- Mixed Incontinence: When you involuntarily urinate due to more than one incontinence
Stress incontinence is the most common type in women. The activities which increase your risk, are:
You have had more than one pregnancy and vaginal delivery.
You have pelvic prolapse. This is when your bladder, urethra, or rectum slide into the vagina. Delivering a baby can cause nerve or tissue damage in the pelvic area. This can lead to pelvic prolapse months or years after delivery.
Female urinary stress incontinence is the involuntary release of urine during any physical activity that puts pressure on your bladder. This potentially embarrassing condition differs from general incontinence in that it happens when the body is under immediate physical stress. Activities that can put stress on your bladder include coughing, sneezing, laughing, lifting heavy objects, or bending over. This condition is particular to women, many of whom experience symptoms after muscles have been weakened due to a vaginal childbirth, following menopause, or during pregnancy.
Ensure that you consult a doctor:
- If this condition hinders your day to day activities
- If the urinary incontinence is the result of a serious underlying problem
Causes of Urinary Incontinence:
Urinary incontinence may be temporary or permanent. Causes for temporary incontinence are-
- Caffeine and caffeinated drinks
- Decaffeinated tea or coffee
- Spicy and sugary foods
- High intake of Vitamin B or C
- Urinary tract infection (UTI)
Causes for Permanent Incontinence are:
- Old age
- Prostate cancer
- Enlarged prostate
- Neurological disorders
Chronic urinary incontinence can lead to certain complications like:
- Skin Problems: Skin rashes and infections can develop around the vaginal area, because of the constant wetness one feels. It may also cause sores.
- Urinary Tract Infections: Urinary incontinence can also result in UTI
- Impact on Personal and Social Life: Urinary incontinence can lead to great embarrassment, thus affecting the social and personal life of an individual.
Treatment for Female Stress Urinary Incontinence:
There are several types of treatment available. Treatment options include lifestyle changes, medications, nonsurgical treatments, and surgeries.
- Lifestyle Changes: Make regular trips to the restroom to reduce the chance of urine leakage. Drink fewer fluids and avoid activities such as jumping and running.
- Medications: Medications that reduce bladder contractions.
- Nonsurgical Treatments: Kegel exercises strengthen your pelvic muscles. Done regularly, these exercises can strengthen your muscles, allowing you to control when urine is released from your body.
If other treatments fail, you will have to go for surgical treatment. Types of surgery include:
- injectable therapy, in which collagen is injected into your urethra to reduce incontinence
- tension-free vaginal tape (TVT) surgery, in which mesh is placed around the urethra to give it support
- vaginal sling surgery, in which a sling is placed around the urethra to support it
- anterior or para-vaginal vaginal repair surgery to repair a bladder that is bulging into the vaginal canal
- retropubic suspension surgery to move the bladder and urethra back into their normal positions
Some doctors even try electrical stimulation and medication. When the condition is highly advanced interventional therapies and surgery is recommended.
Some interventional therapies are:
- Bulking material injections
- Botulinum toxin Type-A
- Nerve stimulators
From a young age, we are taught that different nutritious foods can help our bodies stay healthy. Want strong bones? Drink milk to get your calcium. Looking to bulk up your muscles? Eat more meat to pack in the protein. But did anyone ever tell you that there is a super nutrient that can boost your brain?
In the past, lutein – a carotenoid or pigment found in many fruits and vegetables – was primarily known as a nutrient for good eye health. But new research shows that it may also play a strong role in developing and maintaining brain function, and can enhance learning and memory. New research suggests lutein, a nutrient known for supporting eye health, also enhances cognitive skills.
Benefits Babies to Boomers
From infants to seniors, everyone can benefit from a lutein-rich diet.
Increased levels of lutein may help speed up cognitive milestones in infants. Research suggests that as babies get more lutein, either from formula or from breastmilk (when their mother has a high-lutein diet) - supports the development of brain function. “These cognitive milestones could include an infant making eye contact with a parent, moving their head to look at something in their peripheral vision, or turning their attention to someone when they hear their name.”
School-age children may see higher test scores when they eat more lutein. The amount of lutein present in preadolescent children’s eyes directly relates to their brain development and learning skills, which can predict performance on tests.
Lutein and Zeaxanthin (another carotenoid) improves processing speed and efficiency, along with memory in young and older adults. Lutein is known to accumulate in the retina and several other regions of the brain and has been shown to protect against eye disease and preserve cognitive function in older adults.
Eating a healthy, balanced diet can help increase your lutein intake each day. Aim to eat foods rich in lutein like green leafy vegetables: spinach, kale, turnip green, celery and broccoli, zucchini, garden peas, carrots, tomatoes, beets and eggs.
With a helpful brain boost from lutein, people of all ages may be able to improve their cognitive function, from learning and memory to concentration and focus. So, treat your brain to a tasty snack - amp up your next meals by incorporating more lutein.
Doctor I have a problem of severe constipation my stomach cannot be fully clear what to do please tell some home remedies.
Sleep is the most essential part of our lives because it is the time when our body gets rejuvenated and recharged. However, due to numerous reasons, quite a few individuals fail to achieve proper sleep or any sleep at all. This condition in which a person is unable to sleep at night can be termed as insomnia.
Causes of insomnia
There can be varied reasons for different people that can cause insomnia.
- Unhealthy lifestyle i.e. improper sleep cycle, improper food habits, untimely naps, substance abuse etc.
- Medical conditions like sinus allergies, gastrointestinal problems, endocrine problems, arthritis, asthma, neurological condition like Parkinson’s disease, chronic back pain etc.
- Psychological conditions like depression and anxiety
- Certain medications aimed to cure other health problems
In case of the treatable medical reasons, insomnia is gone once the problem is treated. However, for people who have no idea as to why they suffer from insomnia, here are certain tips that can help in fighting it.
- Maintain a proper and healthy diet, with more fruits and vegetables and less carbs and fat.
- Try to sleep and wake up at the same time everyday (despite the fact that you may not feel sleepy). This will train the body and regulate the body clock.
- Avoid afternoon naps or any short naps during the day.
- Exercise daily for at least 30 minutes.
- Avoid caffeine as it has contains properties that keeps a person up for long hours.
- Avoid intake of alcohol and nicotine. Although alcohol is associated with fun and partying, it is actually a depressant and causes improper sleep.
- Avoid any meal right before bed time.
Tips that can help
- Take a good, warm shower right before sleep.
- Ask your partner to give you a nice massage before bedtime.
- Restrict bed activities to sleep and sex only, nothing more.
- Make a really comfortable and inviting sleep environment.
- Try and get rid of all your worries before going to bed.
- Reduce stress using a number of stress reduction therapies like meditation, deep breathing, progressive muscle relaxation techniques, etc.
Diabetes is often considered as deadly as cancer. It is a disease that requires lifestyle changes and diet modifications. It is also a disease that affects almost the entire system of your body. Whether you have Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes, it will do you a world of good to understand the effects of diabetes. Neurovascular damage is one of the most common effects, this means that diabetes will affect the nerves and blood supply of the body.
While Type 1 diabetes makes its presence felt much earlier and is hereditary quite often, Type 2 appears later in life with age and cumulative stress. The effects of diabetes are related to the duration of the disease. Therefore, people with Type 1 diabetes are more likely to have the symptoms early on and need to learn to manage them. Type 2 makes its appearance later, but needs good monitoring for the effects to not surface or prolong the severity of symptoms.
As we all know, all body systems are affected by diabetes, sexual health is no exception. Diabetes decreases blood supply and impacts the nerves in the genitals, thus causing a series of issues right from reduced libido and erectile dysfunction in males to vaginal dryness and painful coitus (perunia) in females.
Listed below are issues diabetic men and women face in terms of sexual health:
- Diabetes reduces testosterone levels, which is directly reflected in reduced libido. Altered nerve function does not provide proper signals to the penis and there is also reduced blood flow to the organ. Both these can diminish the chances of a good erection. Studies have shown that among men who have had diabetes for 10 years, about 50% have experienced erectile dysfunction.Pregnant
- The affected nerve function also leads to difficulties in reaching a climax. Diabetes in men can additionally cause Peyronie's disease, which leads to a curved penis, and this leads to painful and difficult erections and coitus.
- It leads to reduced sexual desire due to testosterone levels. Vaginal dryness is very common in females with diabetes and therefore, there is a definite decline in the urge.
- The above mentioned neurovascular damage also prevents women from reaching a good climax, as the nerve supply is affected.
- Diabetes also increases the predisposition to urinary tract infections, which can lead to painful sexual experience due to additional vaginal dryness and itching.
Finally, as much as it may sound as a cause for concern, it is not. People with diabetes know that making small lifestyle changes can go a long way in terms of onset of symptoms, their severity, and the leading of a normal life. Modifications in diet and lifestyle to include healthy eating, reduced stress, and exercising are very useful. It is also very important to talk to your doctor about how your sexual health has changed with diabetes. It is a sensitive and private topic, but if you are concerned about it, then do not hesitate to seek help.
Ayurveda is an ancient Indian life science that requires you to make various lifestyle changes along with the use of medication that is based on herbs and condiments with massages and Yogic postures. This field of medicine believes in getting to the root of the problem so as to cure it and prevent it in the future as well. Gastritis is no different and enjoys the same kind of attention when it comes to Ayurveda.
Here is everything you need to know about the Ayurvedic perspective of gastritis:
- Definition: As per Ayurveda, gastritis is known as Urdhva Amlapitta, which can lead to the occurrence of stomach ulcers when the inflammation of the stomach lining goes untreated for a prolonged period of time. This inflammation is the basic outcome of the condition.
- Causes: Problems in the Vata Dosha, one of the three Doshas in the body, can cause this condition. Also, a build up of Ama or toxins due to poor digestive health, can lead to the occurrence of this disease. As per Ayurveda, there are many reasons that may cause this toxin build up and the imbalance in the Vata Dosha. This includes eating spicy food on a regular or frequent basis and taking too many drugs like pain killers and analgesics which can lead to this condition. Also, too much of alcohol consumption and greasy food can cause gastritis. Further, one of the main causes of gastritis as per Ayurveda, is the presence of too much stress and worry, and the lack of a proper routine when it comes to eating, sleeping and exercising.
- Symptoms: The main symptoms include appetite loss and nausea, as well as discomfort and pain in the abdomen. Gastrointestinal bleeding and blood discharge may also occur for patients suffering from this condition. Headaches and vomiting are also common symptoms of this condition.
- Medication: There are various Ayurvedic medicines that can help in treating this condition. Sukumara Ghrita are ghee based preparations that can be taken every morning with a glass of warm milk in order to activate the digestive fires and improve the digestive powers. The difference can usually be seen in a matter of days. Dhatri Lauha includes amla juice which should be taken twice a day. Lemon juice, ajwain, amla and ginger are also helpful in such situations.
- Lifestyle Changes: Avoiding spicy and greasy food as well as stopping alcohol abuse and smoking can help in curing this condition. One should also stay away from excessively stressful mental and physical tasks.
Taking the right steps at the right time for a proper routine with good habits can help in treating this condition as per Ayurveda.
Insulin is the most common treatment prescribed for people affected with diabetes. Diabetes is condition where high amounts of glucose prevail in the blood for an extended period of time. However, there are some drugs that offer an alternative to insulin in treating diabetes, which are
- Liraglutide: Liraglutide is a glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) drug that causes the body to release greater amounts of insulin so as to facilitate the movement of glucose from the blood to the cells. People with type 2 diabetes generally use this treatment. It slows the digestion process and can cause symptoms of headache and nausea.
- Pramlintide: It's an artificially produced version of amylin. It is taken by both type 1 and type 2 diabetic patients, facilitates slower digestion of food and therefore controls release of sugar in the blood. It can cause tiredness and nausea.
- Dulaglutide: This treatment is for people affected with type 2 diabetes and it is administered once a week. It causes more insulin to be released and pass the glucose to the cells. It can cause loss of appetite, nausea and abdominal cramps as side effects.
- Albiglutide: This treatment facilitates pancreas to release insulin and limits the glucagon hormone production. It is used by type 2 diabetes patients who have not taken well to other treatments. The side effects are skin reaction, respiratory tract infection and nausea.
- Exenatide: It is a drug that causes pancreas to release insulin that facilitates movement of glucose to cells. It is a treatment for type 2 diabetes and it restricts release of glucagon in the body. The possible side effects are acidity, constipation and vomiting.
Do you need vitamin supplements? Here's how to find out
Taking vitamin and mineral supplements is increasingly becoming common these days. People generally opt for these supplements to ensure good health as their diets are usually lacking in vitamins due to the pursuit of a hectic lifestyle.
But before you begin consuming vitamin supplements, it's necessary for you to know whether your body actually needs them. According to nutritionists, you should plan your diet appropriately to fulfil your nutritional needs and not depend on vitamin supplements to do so. If your diet includes foods like fruits, green vegetables, whole grains, low-fat dairy products, legumes, fish and lean meat, you won't need vitamin supplements.
So, when exactly do you need vitamin supplements?
You might need vitamin supplements in the following cases:
- If you are above the age of 50, you can take vitamin b-12 supplement. Additionally, you may consider eating food items fortified with vitamin b-12, like fortified cereals.
- If your diet does not meet the normal requirement of 1, 600 calories a day, you should consider dietary supplements. Moreover, the diet of people who do not consume red meat usually lacks in zinc and iron, which can be supported by vitamin supplements.
- If you are a woman whose menstrual cycle is associated with heavy bleeding, you might need vitamin supplements.
- If you suffer from a disorder that has a negative impact on the nutrient absorption process of your body, you need to take vitamin supplements. These conditions include chronic diarrhoea, food intolerance, food allergies or any disease related to the liver, pancreas, intestines and gall bladder.
- If your body has difficulty in absorbing and digesting nutrients because of a surgery of the digestive tract.
- If you are a woman who is planning to have a child. Women who want to get pregnant should consume 400 mg folic acid, which can be obtained from dietary supplements or fortified foods.
- If you are pregnant, you should include a prenatal vitamin in your daily diet. This vitamin should contain iron. You may also fulfil this iron requirement by consuming a separate iron supplement. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.