Doctor in Dr Vij's Homeopathic Clinic
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr Vij's Homeopathic ClinicYour feedback matters!
Bad breath also is known as Halitosis.
Maybe due to improper brushing, underlying gum disease, Diet, improper cleaning of the tongue. It may also be due to any underlying Health disease like diabetes, sinus infection, lung disease, Gastrointestinal problems etc.
How can you prevent bad odor?
Proper brushing, flossing, Cleaning your tongue is important as most of the time the bad breath is due to not cleaning of your tongue. Mouth rinsing after taking every meal. Keep your self-hydrated and avoid drying of your mouth.
Visit your dentist for treatment of any gum diseases.
One important point concerning the diagnosis is that although no sperm are found in the ejaculate, there are often usable sperm found in the testis, as not all sperm that are made in the testis actually make it into the ejaculate. There is a “threshold” effect with sperm production, such that if production of sperm is high enough in the testis, then sperm “spill over” into the ejaculate. However, if that critical level of sperm production is not met, there may still be mature sperm in the testis that do not make it into the ejaculate. This concept is the basis for the statement that “sterility may beget fertility.”
While we have all been bombarded through the various sources on the internet, print and media about the beneficial effects of various “healthy” diets, have you ever stopped to think about how or why this might be the case. Is this because of a direct effect of the components of the diet on the various body functions. It turns out that some of this may be mediated by the effects of diet on the various residents in our gut, also known as our gut flora.
So, who are these residents in our gut?
What is gut flora?
Gut flora, also known as gastrointestinal flora, are the various microbes in our bodies (microbiome). They number more than 10 times the number of cells in the human body, up to 100 trillion cells. They also encode 100 times the number of genes (the metagenome) that a human possesses (the genome). In the human gut microbiome, while over 99% of the genes are bacterial, there are also fungi and viruses.
How does diet impact the gut flora?
The phrase ‘you are what you eat’ should perhaps be now modified to ‘your microbiome is what you eat’. More than one study has shown that a ‘western diet’ rich in protein and animal fat is associated with a predominance of a bacterial species named Bacteroides while those on a more agrarian diet richer in carbohydrates tend to show a predominance of a bacterial species named prevotella.
Why does flora matter?
It is postulated that the various components of the microbiome tend to be in a state of balance in a healthy individual. When this balance gets disturbed, this has been termed as ‘dysbiosis’. This ‘dysbiosis’ is usually associated with many diseases of the ‘modern age’ including obesity, diabetes, inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and cardiovascular diseases.
While studies have started showing the differences in microbiome with the various dietary components, it is still early to suggest that changing one’s diet alone would be the only way to change towards less ‘dysbiosis’. This is because we still do not have an agreement on what is truly a ‘healthy microbiome’. Additionally, recent studies have also shown that the immediate environment that one resides in may impact the microbiome with changes seen soon after immigration to a western country. That said, it would make sense to adopt a healthier diet that is lower in animal fat and more grain-based sources of proteins while research evolves towards more specific answers in the years and decades to come.
Retrograde ejaculation is a disorder of the male reproductive system. It is the entry of semen into the urinary bladder. In this case, the sperm fails to emerge through the penis at the time of ejaculation. It is to be noted that the male patient may continue to reach sexual climax, though. He may not ejaculate or very little semen. It is medically termed as a dry orgasm. It is a major cause of male infertility. This is a rare problem. Only 0.3 to 2% of the infertility problems due to male are caused by this disorder.
There are certain risk factors attached to this disorder. This may occur due to the following reasons:
- Nerve damage caused due to Diabetes, Multiple Sclerosis
- Bladder or Prostate Surgery
- Side effects of certain drugs taken for high blood pressure or mood disorder
- Spinal cord injuries
- Symptoms: The obvious symptoms of this disorder are listed below:
- Little or no semen discharged during ejaculation
- Male infertility
- Cloudy urine post sexual climax
Signs and tests: This can be detected through urine analysis. The test is conducted on the urine collected shortly after ejaculation. It will reveal the presence of a large amount of sperm in it.
Prevention: It is advisable to keep the sugar levels under control and check. Avoid medicines that can lead to this condition as a side-effect.
Complications: It is not a fatal condition. But it will lead to unwanted complications in your life. You will have to face the stress and strain of being infertile. It will hamper your conjugal relationship and sex life to a great extent.
Deal with retrograde ejaculation by homoeopathy: A homoeopathic practitioner will take a detailed report of your lifestyle first. It may include information about your habits, lifestyle, food choices, other preferences, etc. It helps the doctor to understand your basic constitution of the body. Thereafter, the right homoeopathic medicine stimulates the body and starts taking action against the disorder. The first course of action of the medicine is the primary action. After this, the body produces a secondary action, specifically against the disease. Homoeopathy provides a total treatment of this problem and the results are long-lasting.
It treats all the factors causing the disease and also lessens the risk factors. Acute drugs are prescribed to treat symptoms like abnormal semen discharge. Constitutional treatment offers relief from distressful symptoms like a dry orgasm. Regular homoeopathic treatment aims to correct the abnormality of the sympathetic nervous system that controls the process of ejaculation.
Your bone is a living tissue that constantly undergoes the cycle of breakage and replacement. Osteoporosis is a condition wherein the rate at which new bones form cannot match up to the worn out bones, thus making the bones fragile and brittle. Osteoporosis mainly affects the wrist, hip or spine and can result in a stooped posture accompanied by height shrinkage and back pain caused due to a collapsed vertebra.
Reasons Behind Osteoporosis
Hormones: Lowered estrogen count in women and testosterone in men as a result of ageing or other treatments can result in this condition. Excess thyroid secretion in the body, an overactive adrenalin gland or parathyroid gland can also accelerate bone loss. Women are more vulnerable to osteoporosis during menopause.
Prolonged use of injected: Prolonged use of injected or oral corticosteroid medications such as cortisone or prednisone messes with the bone-building process. Medicines used to combat cancer, gastric reflux and seizures can be responsible as well.
Sedentary Lifestyle: A sedentary lifestyle with not much physical activity along with an excessive consumption of alcohol and tobacco makes you susceptible to osteoporosis.
Treatments for Osteoporosis:
- Medication: Commonly prescribed medicines for remedying fractures include bisphosphonates such as Zoledronic acid, Ibandronate, Risedronate and Alendronate.However these medicines are not free of side-effects such as abdominal pain, nausea or heart burn. In case, your regular medicine doesn’t work, you can use Denosumab and Teriparatide as alternatives but only after consulting your physician.
- Hormone Therapy: Estrogen therapy for women after menopause helps sustain bone density. However such procedures can escalate the dangers of getting afflicted with cancer, heart diseases or conditions such as blood clotting.
- Alternative Medicine: Ipriflavone, a laboratory manufactured product, when combined with calcium can curb chances of bone loss and alleviate pain.
Pneumonia is a type of lung infection that may affect one or both lungs. In this condition the air sacs, also known as alveoli, fill with pus or fluid which makes it difficult to breathe. Moreover, pneumonia is known to cause inflammation in the air sacs. This disease may range from mild to life threatening and the severity depends on cause of inflammation, the organism fostering your infection, your age and general health.
Most common symptoms associated with the condition are:
- Chest pain
- Difficulty in breathing
- Shaking chills
- Rapid heartbeat
- Rapid breathing
- Dry cough
- Muscle aches
- Bluish skin tone due to oxygen deficiency
- Blood in sputum i.e. coughed up mucus
- Labored breathing
- High fever
- Bacteria- One of the most common causes of pneumonia is the bacteria named as Streptococcus pneumoniae. This type of pneumonia may occur after you have had flu or a cold, or maybe even on its own. Moreover, it may affect only one part of the lung i.e. the lobe and is also known as lobar pneumonia.
- Viruses- Viruses are one of the main reasons why children below 5 years of age suffer from pneumonia. Viruses that cause pneumonia may also cause cold or flu. Viral pneumonia is usually mild and may be treated at home itself. However, in some cases, it may be very severe and life-threatening.
- Mycoplasmas- Mycoplasma is a type of bacteria that doesn't have a cell wall around the cell membrane which is why they are usually unaffected by most antibiotics which target cell wall synthesis. The symptoms of pneumonia caused by mycoplasmas are mild and the patient does not require bed rest. This type of pneumonia is known as 'Walking Pneumonia'.
- Fungi- People with weakened immune systems or chronic health problems usually develop pneumonia due to fungi. You may also develop fungal pneumonia by inhaling large doses of it mainly found in soil or bird droppings.
Depression is a clinical, mental and emotional condition that may give rise to feelings of hopelessness and chronic sadness. It slows down the way people process everyday activities and leads the patient to a sense of constant gloom and doom. It is a disabling mental condition as per who and may be caused due to reasons like genetics, changes in the balance of hormones, stress, grief, trauma and prolonged, chronic physical ailments.
Symptoms of depression are:
- Sleep irregularity: It relates to either insomnia or oversleeping that is, either you sleep too much or do not sleep at all. This could be because of work or other stress in your personal or professional life.
- Irritation or unnecessarily getting angry: You start losing your temper easily and that too for silly reasons. You think you are losing control.
- Feeling hopeless and sad: The first signal or symptom is the feeling of hopelessness. In this, case the patient loses the hope in everything. They feel like being trapped in some kind of cage, from which they are not able to come out.
- Lack of interest in anything: Everything seems to be of no use or interest, even your daily work. You don't want to do anything; even the things, which you loved to do like your hobbies and passions, which you no longer find interesting.
Here is a comprehensive list of homeopathic medicines which most doctors are likely to recommend for treating depression:
- Sepia: This medicine is beneficial to women suffering from post-partum depression (sadness or emotional conflict after giving birth) and menopause. Feeling of solitude and hopelessness with no energy to continue with life are some common symptoms that can be reduced with Sepia.
- Arsenicum album: This medicine is prescribed to control the symptoms like diarrhea, gastric problems, indigestion which patients often suffer from as a result of intense anxiety. Patients, appropriate for this medicine tend to be fastidious and restless. It is made of white arsenic and should be taken in prescribed potency because an overdose can cause gastroenteritis.
The above mentioned medicines are just some of the medicines, which should only be taken only after consulting your doctor, as causes and symptoms differ for each person.
Back pain is very common these days and can happen to anyone. The reasons for the same are also plenty, it could be because of infection of the spine, sleep disorders, bad mattress, awkward movement, lifting something, bad posture, standing for long and bending down to name a few. So, here are some things that might be increasing your risk of back pain:
- When you get older, the back pain starts to increase gradually.
- Poor physique. Back pain is highly common in people who are not fit.
- Being overweight or obese can increase your risk of getting back pain.
- Back pain can also be hereditary because of problems like ankylosing spondylitis that usually runs in generations.
- Some types of arthritis or cancer might also cause back pain.
- If you have a job that requires a lot of lifting, pushing or deals with a lot of bending or weights, chances are that you are more likely to have back pain.
Here are some causes that might be a reason behind that back pain:
- Broken disk
- Tense muscles
- Ruptured disk
- Injuries from sprains, fractures, accidents, and falls can result in back pain.
- Kidney stones
There will come a time when you will witness certain symptoms and you might need to see a doctor. These symptoms are as follows:
- Numbness or swelling
- Unbearable pain
- Problem urinating
- Weakness in the body
- High fever
- Weight loss without being on a diet
- Pain after you have had a minor fall or injury
Back pain can be diagnosed in many ways. To do the same, your doctor will take your medical history and also some physical tests. These tests include:
- X rays
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Computed tomography (CT) scan
- Blood tests.
The cause of your back pain might not be visible in these medical tests at times. A lot of times you will not even know why you are going through that back pain. It can also get better at times without undergoing any sort of treatment.
Here are a few domestic ways with which you can treat the back pain:
- Hot and cold packs: This is the most basic and most common treatment for many problems and injuries in your body. Be it any kind of pain, ice packs can help give a momentary relief.
- Exercise: The moment you stretch or exercise, you can feel the pain go away so you must understand how important exercising can be for problems like back and neck pain.
- Home remedies: Home remedies like ginger, turmeric and aloe Vera are natural stimulants and anti-oxidants. These help in pain relief as well. You can put them in your food or even your tea, depending upon your taste buds.
In case none of the remedies or solutions work, it is best to consult a doctor.
Cystic fibrosis is a genetic condition, which primarily affects the lungs and persistence of this condition might lead to severe breathing problems and loss of lung function. If you have inherited two copies of the defective gene from your parents, you are likely to suffer from this disease. Cystic Fibrosis causes a buildup of thick mucus in your lungs and affects other organs such as the kidneys, pancreas and the intestines in your body.
It isn't very uncommon as one out of fifty people in Asia is a carrier of this disease. The disease gets its name from the cysts formed in the pancreas of the sufferer. However, this disease can be detected by testing the quantity of salt present in your sweat. Prenatal testing for Fibrosis is another method to test if your newborn is likely to contract a lung infection.
Complications faced due to cystic fibrosis include:
- Serious sinus infections
- Serious damage in lungs due to inflammation and incessant infection
- Complication in breaking down protein
- Respiratory tract contamination
If you observe one or more of the following symptoms, you might be suffering from Cystic Fibrosis:
- Salty-tasting skin
- Bowel obstruction caused due to meconium ileus (obstruction of the bowels)
- Mucus amiss in your alveoli
- Persistent coughing with phlegm discharge
- Shortness of breath while engaging in a physical task
- Stunted or measly growth despite healthy lifestyle habits
- Infertility in males
If you're suffering from cystic fibrosis, there isn't any particular treatment which is recommended due to the varying degrees of it found in people. However, consultation with a medical practitioner and an individualised treatment plan can help you minimise the risks and lead a better life.
Some therapies you can opt for are:
- Airway clearance: This therapy helps sift the thick layer of mucus around your organs. Some people have also chosen to use the inflatable vest which vibrates around your chest, thereby, thinning and loosening the layer of mucus.
- Inhaled medicines: Another breakthrough in the field of respiratory medicine, this method requires the patient to sniff a liquid consisting of mist, which is inhaled with the aid of a nebuliser. This method is known to be beneficial for opening airways.
- Pancreatic enzyme supplements: Along with multivitamins, these specially designed supplements are known to cater to your pancreas with the much-needed nutrients and they need to be consumed with every meal.