Lumbar disc prolapse causes severe back pain and radiates down to one or both legs below the knee. MRI shows exact problem. After basic pain killers - rest for a week, do some physiotherapy if pain persists, a pain management specialist is needed. He will see the possibility of a root block at the nerve affected by disc prolapse. If severe degree of prolapse, endoscopic discectomy under local anesthesia is best as a day care and minimally invasive procedure.The patient usually is discharged in 12-24 hrs.
When you cant eat fresh, eat frozen. Depending on where you live and what time of year it is, you cant always get your hands on high-quality fresh produce. Keep this in mind: frozen is fine. Manufacturers freeze frozen fruits and veggies at peak ripeness, which means they will pack a similar nutritional value as their fresh counterparts. Just choose plain frozen foods rather than those with added sugars or sodium.
Keep healthy in winter by including plenty of these 5 foods in your diet. Although there are fewer foods that are in winter season than in summer. Here are 5 of the healthiest winter foods you should be eating.
1. Pomegranates - Chances are you have tasted pomegranates in their newly popular juice form. And from a heart-health perspective, thats probably a good thing. Pomegranate juice is rich in antioxidants (more so than other fruit juices), just a cup daily might help to keep free radicals from oxidizing ldl bad cholesterol, according to a preliminary study in the american journal of clinical nutrition. Oxidized ldl contributes to plaque buildup in the arteries. Another study showed that drinking pomegranate juice might improve blood flow in the heart in people with myocardial ischemia, a serious condition in which the hearts oxygen supply is compromised because the arteries leading to it are blocked.
2. Dark leafy greens - Dark leafy greens, such as kale, chard and collards, thrive in the chill of winter when the rest of the produce section looks bleak. In fact, a frost can take away the bitterness of kale. These greens are particularly rich in vitamins A, C and K. Collards, mustard greens and escarole are also excellent sources of folate, important for women in childbearing age.
3. Citrus - Citrus fruits, including lemons, limes, oranges and grapefruit, are at their juiciest in the wintertime and can add sunshine to the dreary winter. Citrus fruits are loaded with vitamin, one medium orange delivers more than 100 percent of your daily dose. Citrus fruits are also rich sources of flavonoids. The predominant flavonoid in these fruits hesperidin is credited with boosting good hdl cholesterol and lowering bad ldl cholesterol and triglycerides.
4. Potatoes - Potatoes sometimes get a bad rap for being a white starch, thrown into the same category as white rice or white bread. But unlike those other starches, which have indeed been stripped of healthful nutrients, potatoes are foods that contain several beneficial nutrients. They are an excellent source of two immunity boosters .vitamins C and B6, delivering 25% and 29% of your daily needs per medium potato, respectively. They are also a good source of folate, which is especially important for women in childbearing age, and they deliver fiber (4 grams in a medium potato, women need 25 grams daily and men need 38 grams). If you can find purple potatoes, you will get an added health boon as they are rich in anthocyanins antioxidants that are linked to a host of health benefits, from lowering cancer and heart disease risk to quelling inflammation.
5. Winter squash - There are many varieties of winter squash including butternut, acorn, delicata and spaghetti squash and they all are excellent choices in the winter. One cup of cooked winter squash has few calories (around 80) but is high in both vitamin a (214 percent of the recommended daily value) and vitamin c (33 percent), as well as being a good source of vitamins B6 and K, potassium and folate.
People consider Phobia as fear. In all the feelings, fear is playing the most place in our life from childhood to old age. The feeling of fear may disturb the entire life situations. Fear means at one or two situations only. When the situation is gone, then we get normal with the fear. Fear has reasons, but with Phobia there is no reason. Phobia means unknown and unexplainable and unable to convince others. But it suffers much more than normal fear. Phobias are like anthrophobia, thenatophobia, hydrophobia, nyctophobia,clustrophobia, pathophobia etc. Some body cannot recognize themselves as they have psychological disorder. Recently people have awareness on psychological aspects. Recently they come with the help of psychologist. It seems to be simple but sometimes it disturbs total life situations in a critical time moment. When we are not taking one decision in one movement of life. Sometimes, it may effect all the total life situations because of internal frustration and tension sometimes we loss some beautiful movements of our life. After realising some of the moments later in life, some times it cannot come back. So please come out of our internal unknown fears like phobia. There are some methods to come from this complex problem.
1. Psychological counselling
2. Relaxation method
4. Disensitization technique
.5. Family counselling
6. Life style management
7. Personality development
8. Music therapy
I am 22 years old female. I had used a condom during sex but still I missed my period this month. I tested for pregnancy with the pregnancy kits that are available and it came out to be positive. Can I have some medicine that can prevent the pregnancy apart from surgical abortion?
I had a sex with my gf (20 year old) and she haven't still undergone through normal menstrual cycle of these month which was on 7/12/16. What should I do so that we can be relaxed and we do not have to face any unwanted pregnancy. Pls help.
Diuretics are substances that allow the body to get rid of excess water and sodium. They help in draining out the water by stimulating the kidneys and eliminate sodium from the urine thus, facilitating drainage of excess water. Diuretics are prescribed by the doctor when the body starts to retain excessive fluids.
The conditions that lead to problems such as:
1. High blood pressure: This is a disorder wherein the blood exerts more than the normal force (pressure) against the arterial walls while flowing through them.
2. Diabetes: It is a metabolic disorder wherein the blood sugar level rises significantly.
3. Kidney stones: Kidney stones refer to the formation of stones in the kidneys that can hamper the normal functioning of the kidney, leading to fluid retention in the body.
4. Edema: A disorder wherein parts of the body tend to swell due to inflammation is called ‘edema’.
5. Impaired functioning of the kidney: Impaired functioning of the kidneys makes it very difficult to flush out the excess sodium from the body thus, leading to fluid retention.
There are certain natural diuretics, which can come to your aid in times such as these. Read on to know more:
1. Parsley: Parsley, a very effective diuretic, is an herb that is commonly used for garnishing. It can also help in relieving bladder problems.
2. Black and green tea: Both green and black variants of the humble tea are very effective diuretics; you can enjoy them after a heavy meal to get rid of the bloating.
3. Hawthorn: A type of natural diuretic that is effective in reducing fluid accumulation and increasing urinary excretion. It also helps in treating problems of the kidney.
4. Juniper: A diuretic that has been used since ancient times. Juniper is very effective in removing excess salt and fluids from the body. The advantage of this plant is that it does not lower downs the level of potassium in the body, a side effect of other diuretics.
My friend had unprotected sex with her boyfriend on 27th August and she took ipill (ecp) after 7 hours of intercourse. After 4 days I.e. On 1 september she started bleeding which continued till 4th September. Then she did home 4 urine pregnancy test after 21 days of intercourse, 28 days, 35 days and 42 days of intercourse. All the test came NEGATIVE. She did a beta hcg test on 18th October which was 51 days after intercourse. The result was <1.2miU/mL. Then after 5 days i.e. On 23 October she started bleeding which continued till 29th October. Last month also she bleed from 23 November to 29th November. Does she still have to be worried about pregnancy?
I am having pcos. My doctor advised em to take krimson 35 and metformin 850 mg. Is this right treatment that I am taking. please help.
I had pinkish very small lesions in my genital. Painless pusless n no itching or burning. Dey remained for a year I used candid cream, betadine wash but no improvement. My Dr's case was bending towards genital herpes. I had no sexual relationship but my bf used to insert his finger inside. My gynae prescribed me acyclovir cream. As I went for some blood tests HIV negative Vdrl negative TLC dlc normal Sugar normal but in torch test hsv1 igg was positive 8.08 Hsv2 igg negative Hsv1 & hsv2 combined igm negative. Also she referred me to dermatologist. But my xams were going on so I could not go der n started using surfaz sn only 4 days have gone n I can feel a clear change. My vagina is much better Now I am scared was it because of viral infection n it will be recurring again in future. Or it was fungal\ bact infection n I am cured now.
I feel very tired and fatigue all day. My vitamin d was only 4. Iron is 24. I have very high bleeding during periods.
Me and my gf had sex 3 times these year. She took ipill every time and got withdrawal bleeding after 5 days every time and she also gets normal period after 30 days interval. Past 3 months we do not have sex. Today Is her last day of period. But from her nipples some milky fluid is coming only when squeezed and it is not stopping. Why it is happening? Is She Pregnant?
Which diet should I have to get more concentration as I am a student and I also face problem of stomach infection sometimes and hair fall, dark circle, white discharge, itchiness in clitoris, face becoming darker day by day, milias under eye, back problem etc please suggest me a got diet chart.
I am 36 years old, my son is 6 years old (IUI). I wish to have second baby. Is it safe to have second baby? As I have heard after 36 to become pregnant is not safe for mother and child? Pls guide.
I'm 20 had unprotected anal sex with my bf. I am virgin stl. Never had vaginal sex bfr this was my first tym. And I had right after the day my periods ended. I had 25 cycle period this tym 3 days bfr normal. Is there any chance of getting pregnant! Is there any chnc of sperm going in to vagina? Pls help me. Shud I take any pill. This happened yesterday. Though I immediately washed out the sperm. Stl any chnc of sperm gtng in thru vagina .m virgin and it was d day after my last day of periods .pls help. If any pill need wch pill I shud take to avoid any side effect.(
The pyramid diet was conceptualised in 1992 and it emphasises the best amount of servings to be consumed daily from the basic food groups (dairy, fruits and vegetables, grains, beans and legumes, meat, oils and fats).
The pyramid is divided into four levels. The very first level is comprised of grains, beans and legumes; the level above it is made up of fruits and vegetable; the third level from the top is composed of meat and dairy products and the very last one on top contains fats, sugars and oils.
The diet aims to divide the food groups in the above mentioned fashion to make you understand just how much to consume from each food group. Here is a breakdown of servings from each food group:
- Grains- 5 to 7 servings
- Fruits and vegetables- 2 servings of each
- Milk and dairy- 3 servings of which 1/2 serving should be dairy products
- Oils, sugar and fats- 6 teaspoons for oils and minimal servings for fats and sugars
This seems relatively easy to follow, but most people do not understand portion control. The amount or serving of food is called portion control and it is important if you want your diet to work. Here is a guideline that you can follow:
- When you are consuming one serving of grains in one sitting, you can choose to eat one cup of cereals or one slice of whole-wheat bread.
- When you are eating vegetable or fruits with your breakfast or lunch, choose one and a half cup of chopped vegetables, or one piece of orange, banana or apple.
- If you are drinking milk, then one cup of milk in one serving. And, if you are eating meat, choose one ounce of cooked fish or chicken.
- Lastly, do not go beyond one teaspoon of vegetable oil and try to keep your sugar intake to the minimum throughout the day.
The pyramid is an excellent guide to lose some weight. You just need some concentration and a ton of commitment to stick to the guide. Along with the diet, don't forget to get some exercise.