Doctor in Dr sushil kumar jain Clinic
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr sushil kumar jain ClinicYour feedback matters!
Ejaculation is the sudden, pleasurable release of semen through the penis. The process is controlled by the brain through the central nervous system. Premature Ejaculation is the ejaculation of semen sooner than a male wants. It can happen before or after penetration. It is also known as the premature climax, early ejaculation, early discharge, rapid ejaculation. It can be frustrating as it makes sexual life less enjoyable. It is not a disease but some systemic diseases can lead to premature ejaculation.
It is connected to - Erectile Dysfunction, Prostatitis, chronic pelvic pain syndromes, thyroid dysfunctions. In case if Erectile Dysfunction is the reason, it should be treated first. Reasons for premature ejaculation can be biological, chemical, and emotional. Factors that are responsible for premature ejaculation - Age, Serotonin, psychological issues, depression, sexual repression, thus can result in stress, guilt, lack of confidence, relationship problems. Premature Ejaculation treatment includes psychological therapy, behavioral therapy, medical therapy with drugs, creams, sprays.
Trichomoniasis is one of the most commonly occurring sexually transmitted infections. It generally happens on account of having multiple sexual partners or not using condoms and other protective measures during sexual intercourse (vaginal or anal).
Trichomoniasis leads to a foul smelling vaginal discharge and other symptoms that include spotting/bleeding, painful urination, itching in the vaginal region, all of them resulting in painful sexual intercourse. The single- celled protozoa (pathogen) causing this infection is Trichomonas vaginalis.
The most common symptoms among women are:
- vaginal discharge, which can be white, gray, yellow, or green, and usually frothy with an unpleasant smell
- vaginal spotting or bleeding
- genital burning or itching
- genital redness or swelling
- frequent urge to urinate
- pain during urination or sexual intercourse
The most common symptoms in men are:
- discharge from the urethra
- burning during urination or after ejaculation
- an urge to urinate frequently
Treatment Options for Trichomoniasis-
The treatment options for Trichomoniasis can be categorized as follows:
Antibiotics such as ‘Tinidazole’ or metronidazole can be administered.
It is advisable not to consume alcohol within the first 24 hours of being administered ‘metronidazole’ and the first 72 hours of being administered tinidazole as it can lead to severe vomiting and nausea.
Metronidazole is strictly advised against during pregnancy as it can harm the baby.
The preventive measures include:
Indulging in safe sex is the best way to prevent Trichomoniasis.
Condoms should be used by both the male and the female partners during a sexual intercourse (anal or vaginal).
Sharing sex toys is another big ‘NO’ as the carriers of various STDs may spread through their common usage.
If a person has already been infected by Trichomoniasis then abstaining from sex is the safest option to prevent it from spreading.
Polycystic ovarian syndrome is one of the biggest issues around the world. Most women with polycystic ovary syndrome can expect to gain excess weight, facial hair growth, pimple on face and irregular periods. Obese and overweight females are more prone to it. It can be cured with a healthy diet and exercise. You should include more fibre-rich foods in your diet.
Is there anybody you know who uses internet excessively in a day, like for playing video games, visiting porn sites, for online shopping, using Facebook or visiting different chatting sites again and again? Is his or her excessive internet usage interfering with daily life, interpersonal relationships, work, school, etc.? If the answer is yes, then maybe he or she is suffering from internet addiction.
Internet addiction is a growing social issue which is being debated worldwide. Internet has become an inseparable part of our daily living. Problematic use of internet can lead us to various mental and physical problems. Surveys in the United States and Europe have indicated alarming prevalence rates between 1.5 and8.2percentages respectively.There are some criteria to classify and diagnose internet addiction disorder.
The following 5 criteria are required to diagnose internet addiction:
The individual remain preoccupied with the internet (thinks about previous online activity or anticipate next online session)
Needs to use internet with increased amounts of time in order to achieve satisfaction.
Has made unsuccessful efforts to control, cut back, or stop internet use.
Is restless, moody, depressed, or irritable when attempting to cut down or stop internet use.
Has stayed online longer than originally intended.
Risked the loss of a significant relationship, job, educational or career opportunity because of the internet.
Lying to conceal the extent of involvement with the internet.
There are different models available to explain the causal factor of internet addiction disorder. A comprehensive model of the development and maintenance of internet addiction by Winkler & Dorsing which takes into account socio-cultural factors, biological vulnerabilities like genetic factors, abnormalities in neurochemical processes, psychological predispositions and specific attributes of the internet to explain excessive engagement in internet activities.
Apart from the above discussed points, there are two significant psychological issues commonly seen in this group; one is a strong tendency to escape from the reality is there among internet addicts. These individuals find difficulty in facing the real world may be due to certain conflict issues which evoke stress and anxiety in them. Involvement with technology and internet becomes a way out to get rid of the discomfort. Another psychological issue is the tendency to control the environment. Humans have a tendency to get a control over everything and it is a fact that we can't control other persons and situations. Internet addicts are involved in this compulsive behaviour may be because it is easy to get a control of technology and internet than the real world which is more threatening for them.
Impact of problematic usage of internet on social relationships has become alarming nowadays. The habit of surfing the internet continuously can be destructive indirectly. Even it has been seen that people drift away to the point that he/she cannot interact with people. Constant preoccupation with internet is damaging one’s social skills. People are losing touch with their life and their self-identity. Nowadays people don’t take effort to establish face to face conversations, as many easy ways are available over internet, like chat messengers, email, etc. The constant effects of addiction to internet can lead an individual to such situations that involve various mental and behavioural problems like. Depression, anxiety, substance abuse, etc. The absence of social interaction also can lead to various physical effects on individual’s brain chemistry and the general physical health.
There has been lots of debate on which treatment modality is effective for the treatment of Internet Addiction Disorder. In many cases, multimodal treatments have been employed. It has been seen that there are lots of underlying psychological problems found in internet addicts, like anxiety, depression, etc. In such cases medications are also considered to be effective.
Apart from pharmacological interventions, different psychotherapeutic models are found to be very helpful in treating internet addiction like cognitive therapy, behaviour therapy, art therapy, family therapy, skill building training, etc. Studies have found cognitive behavioural therapy, in particular, is very effective and can bring better outcome among this group.
One of the crucial types of surgery is the heart surgery, which is commonly known as the bypass. It is a type of surgery in which the chest is cut, and surgery is done on valves, muscles, and heart arteries. As per the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, it is one of the most common types of surgeries, which is performed on adults. During this surgery, the prime focus is to remove the blockage from the heart so that fresh blood can easily flow into the heart. No doubt that this process is critical, but it is easily true that after the surgery you have to take extra care of yourself.
Talking of which, here are certain things that you can expect after the surgery.
- Moved To ICU: The moment, the surgery is done, you will be moved to the Intensive Care Unit where the person’s health conditions will be monitored, vital signs will be checked, and medical professional will frequently visit to make sure that the patient is just doing fine. Once the surgery is over, you may not wake up quickly, but you will continue to breathe through the breathing tube. About food, of course, you will not be allowed to take solid food, but there is an intravenous (IV) needle will be put in a blood vessel in your chest and arm from which you will be given fluids.
- Recovery At Home: Once you are given the discharge, your focus should be to get recovered quickly. Recovery at home entirely depends on the heart problem for which the surgery was done. Of course, the doctor will give you necessary instructions with regards to healing incision, dealing with after effect is and understanding the signs of complications. Follow up the medicines and attend the appointments as advised to keep track of your health condition. You may face some after effects such as appetite loss, constipation and sleeping problem. If there is any complication, make sure you speak with a doctor about the same immediately.
- Ongoing Care Is Important Too: Once the surgery is over, as said, you will have to go for frequent checkup with your doctor. During these visits, your doctor will tell you to get blood, stress test and electrocardiogram done, which will assess the working condition of the heart. You might also be given few blood-thinning medicine and bring certain changes in lifestyle and medicine.
There are certain phases of recovery which will take time eventually. The first phase is the lengthy one that can last for around 6-8 weeks. Once you get a discharge from the hospital, you will be given instructions that you must follow with good care. This will pace up the healing process and make the process better.
Constipation is the most widely found problem of mankind. Almost the largest number of drugs, are available for the problem and largest sums of money are spent by people to get rid of it. Even then the medical science does not recognise it as a serious disease.
To some extent they are correct. Constipation is not a disease as such. It is merely a condition but it can be responsible for attacks of almost all diseases which are effecting the humans. Unfortunately it is also spreading wildly as the civilization is spreading and eating refined foods is becoming fashionable. Many drugs also cause constipation. If so the prescribing doctor should be immediately contacted for change of the prescription.
The present treatment of the condition is drugs of three different types. A) Lubricating, B) Bulk forming and C) Agitating.
- Lubricating drugs include various oils, milk of magnesia etc. These drugs lubricate the elementary canal and/or lubricate the faeces and thus facilitate the movement. These are the least damaging type of drugs. Yet they can make even undigested foods to pass through the system or cause diarrhoea.
- Bulk forming drugs include isabgol, rice bran etc. When the bulk is increased the faeces move and are expelled faster. It should be remembered that these are just substitutes for the fibre which is lost during various processes adopted in kitchens. It is clearly foolishness to first throw away the natural fibre and replace it by purchasing substitutes from the market. Further rejected natural fibre carries away several essential nutrients with them, which are not replaced by the additives.
- The agitating type drugs include several herbs and chemicals which are not acceptable to the system and therefore the system works extra harder to get rid of them. These ultimately tire out the system and weaken it. The weakened system requires more powerful drugs and the endless race starts. Thus this category causes maximum harm to the digestive system.
It is now obvious that all the above drugs are not the cure for constipation. These have only a one-time effect and can harm the system.
- Avoid refined foods.
- Eat maximum foods in raw form.
- Eat lots of salads and fruits so that there is enough fibre in the food.
- Avoid refined flour (Maida), polished rice etc.
- Do some regular exercise so that the body, including gut is in good health.
- Eat sprouted boiled pulses instead of pulses available in the market.
- Do not peel all those vegetables which can be used without peeling. Even if peeling is absolutely necessary do by minimum possible.
- Drink sufficient water. (Humans need about 3 litres of water every day).
- Try discharge faeces twice a day-Morning and Evening.
- Never ignore an urge. Attend to it as early as possible.
Even then sometimes the faeces become dry and hard. In all such cases instead of applying pressure it is better to take a plain water enema (Douche). It is totally harmless, does not form habit, and convenient to take.
It is very important to get rid of constipation. Since constipation is the main cause of several diseases.
Regardless of whether the cause is a tumor, trauma, stroke or any other illness, any injury which inflicts damage on your brain cells is considered to be a brain damage.
There are two types of brain damage, both of which interfere with the standard functioning of the brain.
- Acquired brain injury (ABI): Either resulting from a tumor or a neurological illness, for instance a stroke, this type of brain injury originates from the cellular level and is commonly linked with brain pressure.
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI): It results from any damage imparted to the skull usually from an external and physical force like a blow to the head or a head accident, which in turn damages the brain.
How severe the brain damage is depends largely on the type of brain injury. Mild brain injuries are temporary, causing headaches, memory lapses, nausea and confusion. On the other hand, severe brain injuries cause cognitive, physical and behavioral impairments which are often life-changing and permanent.
Acquired brain injuries may be caused by:
- Being exposed to toxic substances
- Choking, strangulation or drowning
- Heart attacks
- Neurological illnesses
- Illegal drug abuse
Traumatic brain injuries are usually caused by:
- Car accidents
- Sports injuries
- Physical violence
- Head blows
- Falls and other mishaps
Whether acquired or traumatic, symptoms of brain damage can be classified under four major groups:
1. Cognitive symptoms generally include
- Having a hard time processing information or expressing thoughts
- Difficulty in understanding others or abstract concepts
- Memory loss
- Short attention spans
2. Physical symptoms generally include
- Excessive physical fatigue
- Extreme mental fatigue
- Persistent and frequent migraines or headaches
- Sleep disorders
- Light sensitivity
- Loss of consciousness
- Slurred speech
3. Perceptual symptoms generally include
- Spatial disorientation
- Smell and taste disorders
- Heightened pain sensitivity
- Changes in hearing, seeing, or touch sensations
- Unable to perceive time
- Balance problems
4. Emotional or behavioral symptoms generally include
- Decreased stress tolerance
- Heightened or flattened reactions or emotions
- Impatience and irritability
Acoustic neuromas are tumors that develop on the nerves connecting the ear to the brain. Being non-cancerous in nature, they do not spread to other parts of the body. However, they are characterized by symptoms such as gradual or sudden hearing loss, more pronounced with either of the ears, a ringing sensation in the affected ear, weakness, facial numbness and dizziness.
Acoustic neuroma can be of two types: one is sporadic in nature and the other is associated with a condition known as neurofibromatosis type II (NF2). NF2 is basically an inherited disorder identified by benign growth in the nervous system. NF2 being a rare disorder, makes the sporadic type the dominant one. Although the causes behind this type of neuroma are still unknown, long term exposure to radiations, especially around the neck and the head, could be one of the most important triggering factors.
Once the diagnosis is done, treatments for acoustic neuroma depend on the growth and size of the tumor.
Diagnosis with the help of monitoring: Small tumors exhibiting no such symptom or slow signs of growth need to be monitored with the use of hearing tests and regular imaging. In case, the MRI scans are able to trace any sort of development on the part of the tumor or if the tumor poses subsequent difficulties, opting for treatment becomes the need of the hour.
Stereotactic Radiosurgery: Also known as Gamma Knife, radiosurgery is a treatment method wherein controlled radiations are used to treat tumors, thus doing away with the need of making any incision.
Surgical Removal: Surgery performed under general anesthesia is directed towards removing the tumor; that helps to preserve the facial nerve and thus inhibit facial paralysis and hearing loss. The tumor is usually removed either through the ear or through the skull.
6 causes of impotency in men
Impotence in men is also known as erectile dysfunction (or ed) and occurs when a male is unable to achieve or maintain an erection or ejaculate, which leads to lack of sexual satisfaction for both partners. Even though men are more likely to be prone to impotence as they get older, this condition affects many young men as well and deals a great blow to their self-esteem and emotional wellbeing.
Impotence is caused by various factors that can be physical, mental, emotional, or a combination of multiple factors that give rise to a medical disorder. It usually varies from case to case and hence, diagnosis is highly subjective and individual.
Some of the most commonly occurring factors that cause impotence in men are as follows:
- hormonal dysfunction
Hormones play a very important role in contributing to sexual disorders. Fluctuations in hormone levels in the body, especially of testosterone, and endocrine diseases are known to cause impotence.
- cardiac conditions
Disorders of the cardiovascular system inhibit the flow of blood to the penis and lead to erectile dysfunction.
- emotional issues
In many cases, emotional issues such as stress and anxiety disorders, depression, fatigue, childhood sexual abuse and feelings of inadequacy can hamper a man's sexual prowess and cause impotence.
- medical side effects
There are certain prescription drugs and medicines that interfere with sexual function and cause erectile dysfunction. Examples of these are sedatives, diuretics, antihistamines, stimulants, synthetic hormones, cancer chemotherapy medicines, etc.
- substance abuse
Excess intake of certain substances like tobacco and alcohol can lead to impotency. Narcotics like cocaine, heroin and amphetamines also have the same effect on sexual functioning.
- neurological defects
Disorders of the nervous system are known to inhibit communication between the brain and the genital organs and contribute to impotency. Some such neurological disorders include Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's disease, cerebral palsy, nervous strokes, brain and spinal tumors, etc.
Abdominal Laparoscopy is a surgical diagnostic procedure, which is used to examine the organs inside the abdomen. It is an invasive procedure, but only small incisions are made.
The procedure is usually done in the hospital and the patient is given general anaesthesia to make the procedure pain free. The laparoscope is inserted through an incision in the abdominal wall. As it moves along, the image of the inside of your abdomen is then seen on the monitor. After the exam, laparoscope and instruments are removed and the cuts are closed. Laparoscopy is usually done as an outpatient procedure. This means that you will be able to go home the same day.
Why Is laparoscopy performed?
Laparoscopy is often used to identify the source of abdominal pain. It is usually performed when x-rays or ultrasound are unable to determine the root cause of the problem. Laparoscopy allows your doctor to see inside your body in real time and helps to diagnose or help discover what the abdominal problem is.
Tips to deal with laparoscopic surgery
- The first and the foremost thing is to prepare yourself for the surgery by watching some videos and going through some blogs on it as doing so will help you clear your doubts
- Do not eat or drink anything 8 hours before the procedure
- Make sure someone accompanies you on the day of the surgery
- Fix your Pre Op appointment to ask any questions or address any concerns regarding the surgery, anaesthesia, etc
- Shave the area where the surgery will be performed. This will substantially reduce itchiness
- Lastly, prepare your hospital bag and discuss it with the person who is going to accompany you so that he/she knows what all you packed
- Don’t lie down in bed all the time. Keep yourself active by moving every two hours as it promotes healing and helps eliminate gas pain
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Do not take bath for a week. However, you can take a shower 24 hours post surgery
- Drink at least 1.5 to 2 litres of water per day to prevent constipation. If constipated, take a stool softener.
- While sneezing or coughing, hold a pillow against your stomach to lessen the pain
- Roll onto your side and sit up using your arms for support and then stand up
- Don’t drive for two weeks
- Refrain yourself from intercourse, douching, and swimming
- Make sure to visit your doctor 2 to 3 weeks post surgery to make sure your wounds are healing
It might take some time for the wounds to heal, but in case of any prolonged pain do remember to consult your doctor immediately.