Doctor in Soul Polyclinic
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Soul PolyclinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Body hair are typically seen as a manly attribution. For this reason, both men and women are constantly trying to keep their body hair free. Common ways of removing body hair includes shaving, waxing and the use of Depilatories. However, none of these techniques can permanently remove hair and hence need to be repeated regularly. The only way to permanently remove body hair is through laser hair removal therapy.
- Laser hair removal can be used to address and remove hair on almost any part of the body including the face, arms, legs and bikini line. This procedure involves focusing intense light on the hair follicle pigments known as melanin without affecting the surrounding skin. The melanin absorbs this light energy and converts it to heat energy which in turn stops the stem cells in the hair roots from regenerating. This weakens the hair follicles to the point of falling off.
- Hair removal is considered permanent when the hair follicles do not grow back. After the first session, new hair growth is often lighter and less dense than before. On an average, complete hair removal may require 5 to 6 laser sessions. Since laser therapy can be used to address only those follicles that are in the growing stage, these sessions are usually spaced 4 to 6 weeks apart. During this time the hair follicles that were in the resting phase can grow out. The number of sessions required also depends on the quality and number of hair follicles, individual’s hormone levels, and metabolism. In some cases where hair growth is very dense, maintenance treatment may be required once in six months or annually.
- The procedure is relatively pain free. During the treatment, the patient may experience a faint prick or sensation of warmth. When treating sensitive areas, topical anesthesia may also be used. However, this is rarely needed. This form of laser therapy can take anywhere between 5 to 45 minutes for a single session depending on the amount of area being addressed.
- Laser hair removal is considered a safe procedure and has minimal side effects. In some cases, it may cause a temporary change in the color of the skin of the treated area, but this usually resolves itself without medication. This can be prevented by using a good sunscreen with UVA and UVB protection and avoiding exposure to sunlight. In rare cases, people with a dark complexion may develop blisters and experience swelling and redness of the skin.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Wrinkles are a normal yet unsightly sign of aging, which can come about due to various reasons including too much exposure to the sun, poor diet, excessive smoking and drinking, lack of proper sleep, advent of age, loss of moisture and elasticity as well as collagen, which creates a smooth and supple look, and other such reasons. Cosmetic and plastic surgeons are now turning to a variety of methods to lessen the pronounced look of wrinkles and remove them for younger looking skin. Here are a few methods currently in use.
1. Fillers: Fillers like collagen and others including poly lactic acid, Calcium Hydroxlyapatite and Hyaluronic acid can be used to restore the elasticity of the skin even as they provide precious hydration. These injectables can be used on the face as well as the hands for a smooth and supple look.
2. Botox: To get rid of the lines on the forehead and to prevent the onset of more pronounced wrinkles, Botox or Botulinum Toxin Type A is a favoured element used by many cosmetic surgeons and dermatologists. This is usually administered via injection.
3. Retinoids: This is administered with a surgical procedure in order to remove uneven pigmentation as well as the roughness of skin, which sets in with age and excessive smoking and sun exposure. It may cause skin peeling and redness.
4. Laser: The use of laser resurfacing can also help in stimulating collagen production of the skin, which restores some of its elasticity so that wrinkles may be removed and further wrinkles prevented.
5. Surgery: The use of surgical methods like face lifts, brow lifts and other cosmetic processes can help in giving the skin a tighter look which does away with the appearance of wrinkles. These are usually minor procedures from which one will heal fast.
6. Dermabrasion: This method is a surgical one that basically sands the surface of the skin in order to remove the wrinkles. It can cause side effects like permanent discolouration of the skin as well as scarring for particularly sensitive skin.
7. Peels: Glycolic acid peels and deeper peels that use elements like Salicylic acid can be used to go deep into the skin and making it smooth again. It basically makes a difference to the fine lines. There is a chance of side effects like scarring, bruising and general discolouration in this method as well.
Adequate sleep, good nutrition, avoiding excessive sun exposure and a good skin care regimen can help in keeping wrinkles at bay for a long time. Moisturising with products that contain plenty of vitamin A and E can also help in reducing fine lines. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
A nose surgery (rhinoplasty) is performed to alter the structure and shape of your nose and improve its function and or appearance. Here are a few things you should know about nose surgeries:
- Consult your doctor: Before deciding on undergoing a nose surgery, speak with your doctor regarding issues with your nose. Your doctor will check your problems and judge whether or not surgery is a feasible option. It is only with your doctor's confirmation that you should go for the surgery.
- The surgery is done either with local anesthesia (your nose and surrounding areas will be numbed) or general anesthesia (you will fall asleep).
- The surgeon will make incisions in your nostrils and base of the nose and alter the shape, structure and position of the cartilages in your nose for appealing shape and better functionality. Polyp removal is also done by rhinoplasty.
- Recovery after the surgery: You will be required to wear a nose splint. You can expect swelling around the eyes, which will begin to subside after the third day. Swelling in the nose will go away after six months. Therefore, do not expect to see your results immediately, final condition of your nose will be apparent after the recovery period is over. You should avoid strenuous activity for 3 to 6 weeks. Do not smoke or drink alcohol during recovery. Smoking slows recovery time and alcohol reduces normal effects of drugs.
Type of rhinoplasty you can opt for
- Closed rhinoplasty: Incisions are made inside the nostrils and hence there is no scarring.
- Open rhinoplasty: An additional cut is made along the columella and this may result in scarring. However, the position of the scar is such that it is almost unnoticeable.
Risks associated with it
Any surgical procedure has certain risks. These risks associated with nose surgery include:
- Adverse effect to anesthesia
- Unfavorable outcomes
- Visible scarring
- Difficulty breathing
- Chronic nosebleeds
- A perforated septum
- Burst blood vessels
- Nervous damage
- Possibility of revision surgery
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Look around you and you will certainly notice some of your friends already are sporting bald patches or thinning hair even before they reach an age of 40. Until a few years back, baldness was seen as a sign of age or hereditary baldness, but today, there are a number of factors such as stress, environmental pollution or hormonal changes that trigger hair loss or baldness. For all those suffering from this problem, the good news is that science has found a way to cover these bald patches and thicken thin hair through a surgical procedure known as hair transplant surgery.
Hair transplant surgery is of two types; follicular unit strip surgery (FUSS or FUT) and follicular unit extraction (FUE). The former involves removing a strip of the scalp from the back of the head and dividing it into thousands of grafts each with a few hair follicles. On the other hand, follicular unit extraction involves plucking the hair follicles out individually to be made into grafts. These grafts are then inserted into tiny incisions on the bald areas of scalp. Depending on the size of area to be covered, this procedure could take 4-8 hours. You can also take the package for
Post surgery, the patient is prescribed some medication to relieve the pain and itching sensation. You should be able to return to work within a week. After 2 to 3 weeks of the process, the transplanted hair begins to fall out in order to make way from the new growth which may take up to few months. This is normal so do not stress yourself about this. Most people will notice 60% of new hair growth in 6 to 7 months. Full growth occur in one year. In some cases, patients may be prescribed a hair growing drug such as minoxidil to improve the quality and speed of hair growth.
A hair transplant surgery does not address the cause for hair fall and hence in some cases, a repeat procedure becomes necessary. If you wish to discuss about any specific hair problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.
When it comes to a man's physique, enlarged breasts can be quite embarrassing. This is a condition known as male gynecomastia and affects more men than you would imagine. Though it does not pose a significant health risk, it can affect a man's psychological health and lower his self confidence. The good news is that men suffering from this condition do not need to live with it.
Male breast reduction surgery or gynecomastia surgery, aims at reconfiguring the contours of a man's chest by removing breast fat. The only permanent solution to this condition is surgery. This is because fat tissues are not solely responsible for enlarged breasts. Often glandular tissue is present in excessive amounts as well.
Gynecomastia surgery is usually performed under local anesthesia with liposuction being the most preferred procedure. This procedure begins when the surgeon makes a small incision on each side of the chest. These incisions are usually placed along the natural contours of the body, around the edge of the areola or near the armpit so as to reduce the visibility of scars. Excess fat and glandular tissue is then sucked out of this incision. Simultaneously, the surgeon sculpts the other tissues in the chest to redefine chest contours. Patients are usually advised to wear a compression garment after the surgery to support the healing tissues and minimize swelling.
Results of this procedure are visible almost immediately. Recovery from gynecomastia surgery is usually quick and many men find themselves back to their normal routine within a few days. However, vigorous exercising and heavy lifting should be avoided for a few weeks after the surgery. The patient may also experience slight soreness and minimal pain that can be relieved with over the counter pain killers. Some men may also experience a temporary loss of sensation in the area. Though the results of this procedure are permanent, there is no guarantee that it will not recur.
Gynecomastia may recur as a result of significant weight gain, use of steroids or as a side effect to certain types of medication. Hence, it is important to maintain a healthy lifestyle and avoid drugs that influence your testosterone levels. Regular exercise can also help tone the chest muscles and keep this condition from recurring.
It is the process in which the unwanted and undesirable hair are removed through pulse of light that are highly intense and powerful. During laser hair removal, a pulse beam passes through the skin to an individual hair follicle. The intense heat of the laser damages the hair follicle, which hinders its future hair growth. Laser hair removal is most effective for people who have light skin and dark hair.
Why is it done?
Laser hair removal is used to reduce unwanted hair. Common treatment locations include legs, underarms, upper lip, chin and bikini line. However, it's possible to treat unwanted hair in nearly any area, except the eyelid or surrounding area.
Hair color and skin type influence the success of laser hair removal. For example, laser hair removal is most effective for people who have light skin and dark hair because the laser beam targets the pigment (melanin) in the hair. However, advancement in technology has made laser hair removal an option for people who have darker skin as well.
Laser hair removal isn't generally effective for white, gray, red or blond hair because the laser can't "see" the lighter hair. However, treatment options for lighter hair continue to be investigated.
What are the advantages of hair removal surgery?
- More precise: Selective target makes it more precise leaving the surrounding hair undamaged.
More speedy and quicker: High speed and highly intensified pulse takes only a fraction of second to treat many hair at the same time. Small areas such as the upper lip can be treated in less than a minute and large areas, such as the back or legs, may take up to an hour.
More Predictable: It is so because repeated therapies of hair removal may result in permanent loss of hair among several patients.
What are the risks associated with it?
This treatment does not guarantee complete hair removal the hair can grow after having undergone hair removal surgery, but however, the grown hair are more light in color and weight.
What can you expect ?
Before laser hair removal, the hair in the treatment area might be trimmed with a pair of scissors. You'll also be given special goggles to protect your eyes from the laser beam. The doctor might apply a topical anesthetic to your skin to reduce any discomfort during treatment.
To reduce any discomfort, apply ice to the treated area. If you have a skin reaction immediately after laser hair removal, the doctor might apply a steroid cream to the affected area. After laser hair removal, avoid sun exposure, both natural sunlight and tanning beds. When your skin has healed, use sunscreen whenever you're in the sun.
While the complaint of being born flat chested is faced by a number of women, there are a few women who have heavy breasts. Over the time, large breasts have been linked with a number of health problems, such as backaches, neck pain, numbness in the fingers and shortness of breath. Thus it is not only for cosmetic reasons that many women choose to undergo breast reduction surgery. This involves the removal of tissues and skin from the breasts to reduce the size of the breasts and reshape them. Breast reduction is a very safe procedure,however, just like any other surgery, there is always a risk and hence the question arises, 'how safe is breast reduction surgery'.
Since the procedure involves making incisions in the skin and removing tissues, most women feel pain in the breasts for the first few days post surgery. This later transforms into a mild discomfort before which completely goes away after a few days. Pain medication and anti inflammatory drugs can help ease the pain. Swelling and bruising in the area is also a common effect of the surgery and may last for about a month or two. The patients are usually advised to wear a surgical bra all the time as it help in giving proper support which in turn helps ease the pain and reduce swelling.
Scarring is one of the most common risks associated with this surgery. To remove the tissue, a surgeon has to make an incision under the breast. This incision is usually positioned in line with the natural curves and creases of a woman's body in order to conceal them. However, it always leaves behind a scar. Scarring varies from person to person and also depends on the type of incision made. Typically, scars fade over time but for some women, they may remain noticeable for many years.
Fortunately, in most cases, the incisions can be restricted to areas covered by a bra or bikini. Some women complain loss of sensation in the breasts or nipples after such a procedure, but mainly this is a temporary side effect and resolves within a few months of the surgery. Depending on the type of procedure, some women may also find it difficult to breastfeed after the surgery.
On its own, breast reduction surgery is a fairly safe procedure as long as it is performed by a certified plastic surgeon on a healthy patient. Therefore, it is important to do plenty of research and go for a best possible surgeon. So, do not let your fear of surgery keep you from making life more comfortable for yourself!
Losing hair can be a nightmare for any man or woman. Once upon a time, hair loss was restricted to elderly people, but today, men and women as young as 30 find themselves going bald as a result of an unhealthy lifestyle, exposure to pollutants etc. Thankfully, modern medicine has found ways of correcting hair loss through hair transplant surgeries. A follicular unit extraction (FUE) is one such type of hair transplant procedure.
This is a minimally invasive procedure that involves the extraction of hair follicles from the back of the head with a special micro punch. To do this, the hair at the back of your head is first shaved down to 1 to 2 mm in length. Local anesthesia is then applied and the scalp is scored to loosen the hair follicles. Each follicle is then extracted carefully and preserved in saline until it can be implanted into the bald part of your head.
Since each follicle is being individually extracted, it is crucial to work with an experienced surgeon. It doesn't hurt to ask to see a doctor's certificates. Before committing to surgery, ask to see before and after photographs of their earlier clients and ensure that both of you have the same aesthetic sense.
Along with the surgeon's expertise, the size of the micro punch needles also play an important role in getting the best results for a follicular unit extraction. The smaller the needle used, the less damage caused to the scalp. This also minimizes the visibility of the extraction. Ideally, a needle should be no wider than 0.95mm.
Grafts extracted via FUE are much more sensitive than those extracted via strip extraction. This is because the extraction technique leaves hair follicles without a lot of protective tissue. How the follicles are handled after extraction influences their survival rate. As these are very vulnerable to dehydration, they must always be kept damp and handled with care.
The incisions made to implant the hair follicles also play a role in determining their lifespan. The best incisions are those made by blades that have been customized to match the length, width, depth and angle of incision to be made. By matching the dimensions and angle of the incision to the direction of a patient's natural hair growth, the grafts have a higher chance of connecting to blood vessels and nerves. This also ensures that the transplant looks as close to natural as possible.
For most of us our appearance and looks matter a lot, as it not only makes us look good, but they also boost our confidence. Size is not the only thing that matters when it comes to breasts; the shape matters as well. Just as the breast size can be enhanced or reduced by cosmetic surgery, surgeons can also give sagging breasts a more aesthetic shape. This form of surgery includes the removal of excess skin, reshaping the breast tissue and shifting the position of the nipple and areola.
There are many reasons a woman may consider breast lift surgery. Some of these are:
- Some women have naturally sagging breasts. For these women, a breast lift surgery not only enhances their appearance, but also makes bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably.
- Pregnancy Stretching and sagging of breasts is one of the effects of pregnancy. Women may decide to consider breast lift surgery with or without implants to get back to the original shape of their breasts.
- Significant weight loss can also include a loss of breast tissue. Removal of excess skin is the most important part of breast lift surgery in such situations. Breast lift surgery, when performed correctly is associated with minimal risks.
Eyes are believed to be the most attractive and expressive feature in a person. A pair of beautiful eyes can melt millions of hearts. Skin ageing and its consequences can throw life in jeopardy. Sagging eyelids are one such unwanted consequence. With ageing, the skin loses its elasticity to a great extent.
Due to which there is an increased skin accumulation around the upper and lower eyelids. As a result, the eyelids become sagging and droopy. Sagging eyelids can be annoying, affecting a person's overall appearance and self-confidence. In extreme cases, it interferes with the normal vision of the affected individual. Eye irritation is also common.
Thus the problem needs to be treated at the earliest. Blepharoplasty or the eyelid surgery comes as a huge relief. Here, the surgery is mainly performed to enhance an individual's appearance. To treat sagging eyelids, it is important to get rid of the accumulated skin, loose muscles and fat pads. Procedure is done under local anesthesia.
For upper eyelids, the surgeon makes small punctures along the line of the eyelids. These punctures act as the exit points for the unwanted skin, muscles and fats. Following the removal of the skin present in excess, the punctures are carefully stitched. In case of the lower eyelids, the fat pads are removed through an incision made inside the eyelids. The excess skin can also be eliminated through an incision made along the margin of the eyelashes.