Doctor in Dr Puneeta Bhardwaj's Clinic
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr Puneeta Bhardwaj's ClinicYour feedback matters!
Every now and then we come across workplace sexual harassment cases in India, and each time a company, industry or even state comes under the spotlight. Unfortunately, sexual harassment in offices has become a concerning trend which can happen to both women as well as men. It can be in the form of unwanted physical conduct, verbal abuse or suggestive language, or suggestive text messages or videos and such.
Generally, an employee might be threatened with some form of punishment unless sexual favors are granted, embraced, proposed for an affair, sent obscene phone calls or even subjected to sex-stereotyped jokes in cases of sexual harassment. The harassment can take other forms as well.
Some official sexual harassment cases have rocked India since quite a long time. In one, a lady professional had accused her well-known boss of touching her inappropriately at a party, though the accused wasn’t jailed.
In another instance, a very capable executive was accused of sexual harassment by his secretary, and had to resign. There was yet again a case where a female employee was harassed for three years by her superior. In some instances, out of court settlements resolved the issue too.
Two men had once accused a very famous Indian citizen of sexually controlling and harassing them in the name of professionalism, while the honchos of many reputed companies continue to appear in the news for lewd behavior and even rape.
Effects on victims
Irrespective of the fact whether the victim is a man or a woman, sexual harassment in offices can lead to various psychological disorders such as depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, increased blood pressure, sleep-related problems, suicidal tendencies and physical aches or pain. The self-confidence and willpower of the victim is often shattered.Hence, it’s crucial to know how to deal with such harassment.
Tips on dealing with sexual harassment
Clearly tell the perpetrator that his or her advances are unwelcome. Say NO firmly but politely, or send a text message or email if you are not comfortable with a direct confrontation. Save the message as proof.
Make notes of where, when and how the harassment happened and who else was present there.
Inform another colleague you trust about the harassment, or friends and family members.
Save all the work you do and all official communications in case the perpetrator decides to question your performance.
Take your HR department or another senior into your confidence and provide proper evidence like text messages, videos or voice recordings as evidence. The HR is actually bound to address the issue.
Don’t expect all your colleagues or teammates to support or believe you. This might happen especially if the harasser is a superior.
Try your best to avoid the perpetrator, or keep a discreet recording device handy if you are unable to avoid. At least make one co-worker your witness, if you fear harassment might occur again.
Make a police report if the problem is grave, or consult a lawyer who deals with such cases.
Don’t be shy; it will simply feed the harasser’s ego. Practice assertive responses if need be. And never ignore any sexual harassment incident.
Your mental health is important
As a sexual harassment victim, it’s natural to have many questions, doubts, and fears. Don’t be afraid to consult a psychologist to process feelings like shame, confusion, rage, guilt or isolation after a traumatic experience. If you ignore these feelings, they might come back to you on a later date and affect your normal life. Finally, believe in yourself and know that you are right. If you are confident, your workplace will become a better place for you.
* This health tip is only for educational purpose.This can't be use as a medical/legal document or proof. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Anal breathing is the beginner’s version of Tao’s Qi Gong. It focuses on the lower portion of the body. Anal breathing helps young men and boys suffering from critical sex problems such as impotence and weak erection. The knowledge of anal breathing is passed by the Tao masters of China thousands of years ago. This method aims at enhancing the bio-energy flow from the conception vessel and Governor's vessel. Once the technique is mastered, it can fetch rich benefits to people suffering from sexual problems.
How is anal breathing done?
- The procedure starts with a simple exercise of the butt. While urination, light pressure needs to be applied to the bladder by pushing the ankles and the heels upward and squeeze the buttocks against the anus and the tailbone. This will stop urination by contracting the PC muscles and the prostate gland. This, in turn, makes the buttock muscles trigger the s4-s2 muscles to close the prostate-bladder outlet.
- Similar width of the shoulder and the leg should be maintained at all times while performing this technique. Slight pressure should be exerted against the bladder and the buttocks should be contracted against the tailbone until it becomes warm.
- The contraction of the butt should be synchronized with the inhalation. While inhaling, it should be ensured that the muscle of the tailbone-anus should be contracted towards the spine. The air should be sucked into the spine, anus and the tailbone of an individual. The sensation of the air getting into the anus is known as anal breathing.
Tips to contract the muscles:
- Beginners have a tendency to contract the anal muscles harder than necessary. Hard contractions end up in doing more harm than good. With more practice, it is possible to master the procedure of contracting the tailbone-anus muscles thereby improving the quality of the erection.
- The pressure applied to the bladder should be very less. The pressure should be such that the relaxation and the expansion of the prostate and the PC muscles happen smoothly.
- In case a person possesses a weak prostate or PC muscle, it is advised that he consumes herbs such as the Patricia, Pyrrosia, dianthus etc.
Check the reservoir:
If the morning erection is no more felt or there is a feeling of fatigue in an individual, the testosterone percentage may be extremely low or non-existent. It is the testosterone that produces nitric oxide to empower erection. If testosterone is lagging in a person, it is advised that necessary measures are taken to build up testosterone levels in the body. This could be done by hormonal therapy, consumption of herbs, medications and such other ways. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The very simple two letter word No appears to be in my professional (and sometimes personal experience) a rather tough word to formulate. On the surface of it, it seems to be simple and straightforward. However, in reality, it can be very hard to say. As humans, we are constantly trying to seek validation and acceptance from our peers and society in general. Which is why people a lot many times agree to things that they do not want to do. This can in part be due to the inability to disappoint someone they love and care about. It is also easier to not say no as it helps us maintain connections with people. Even though the end result could overburden us.
The repercussions of this absence of disagreement is critical. By over-committing ourselves, we are actually consuming the majority of our positive energy and using it somewhere where we might not want to. This takes away from our own goals and needs. It leaves us tired and we greet each day like it is simply one more battle or hurdle to cross. We also give up our own basic needs for space, stillness, relaxation and imagination and are bound to our committed state.
To avoid this, we must first acknowledge our own needs and priorities for both mental and physical well-being and joy. For this, one may have to know when saying "yes" will fulfill your requirement for rest, relaxation or self-awareness. When we do this, the unfounded dread of not being socially acceptable for saying "no" gradually dissipates.
Here are three reasons why saying "no" can prove to be beneficial:
- You will have more 'Me' time: The extra time made by saying "no" will, at any rate, prevent that forced clock from ticking. It will make you feel like you are in- charge of your own time and destiny. This can truly lighten up your mood, lift your anxiety and bolster your health. Rather than saying yes to going out for lunch or a party that you feel obligated to go to, but might not want to, simply practicing the art of saying no. You will automatically feel happier when you are sitting at home, relaxing rather than forcefully socializing.
- You will not regret: At first, you may be reluctant to say"no" because of a self- created fear of passing up a major opportunity or the fear of missing out. As a general rule, nonetheless, in case that you need to say"no," odds are you have much better explanations for you not being there. If you do go for it, you might regret it afterwards thinking that you could have done something better with your time rather than having completely wasted it.
- You & your friends will respect you for it: No one wants to be taken for granted. However, in case you continue saying "yes" to each demand or supposed opportunity that doesn't resonate with you, it will be how individuals will come to see you and behave towards you, as too available. The more you say "yes," the more individuals will generally expect things of you. So, try saying no when you mean no instead of saying yes just to please someone else. They will respect you for it.
Personal boundaries and personal space are very important and we owe it to ourselves to say no to other's demands on our time & energy. It's part of self- love & care.
Hi, My friend was supposed to get my period on the 12th of this month. Generally, her period lasts 28 days, but it did not arrive this month. After taking a urine test using a pregnancy detection kit, she received a positive result. So, she think she is pregnant. She have not taken a scan or contacted a doctor. she do not want to carry her pregnancy. Is it necessary to have a scan performed before taking abortion pills or can she take the pills directly? If so, can you please make suggestions as to the pills she should take and how to use them? Also, what is the last date for her to terminate her pregnancy using pills? If there are any side effects, please mention them as well. Please recommend some pills. She don't want to inform her family and also she can't go to doctor.
Kapha is responsible for governing all body functions related to lubrication. Some of the typical body functions that Kapha has a direct impact upon includes lubrication of lungs and joints, body weight, growth, and formation of the seven tissues- fat, bone marrow, nutritive fluid, reproductive tissues and fat. There could be several symptoms indicating an imbalance of Kapha in the system.
Some of them include the following:
- Mind: An increased Kapha of the mind is characterised by symptoms, such as a feeling of lethargy, drowsiness, and sluggishness, excessive sleep, feeling of depression and melancholy, laziness and brain fog. An accumulation of Kapha in the mind can lead to severe depression, withdrawal symptoms, diabetic coma and frequent loss of consciousness.
- Digestive tract: Kapha can wreak havoc on the digestive tract. Some early signs of Kapha accumulation in the digestive tract include a heavy feeling in the stomach, indigestion, excess salivation, poor appetite, nausea, slow metabolism etc. As a result of excess Kapha, the stool can be sticky, pale, heavy and oily. This can lead to diabetes and mucoid diarrhea. If not treated early excess Kapha can lead to hyperglycemia, anorexia nervosa, and blood in the stool.
- Kapha accumulation in skin, adipose tissue, muscles and circulatory system: An accumulation of Kapha in other parts of the body can lead to hypertension, itching, lipoma formation, cold sweat, swollen lymph, pallor, low strength of the body, itching etc. In the case of long standing Kapha accumulation some serious aggravation from the present condition can lead to obesity, thrombosis, leukaemia, malignant tumours, edema, high cholesterol, blood stagnation, hypertrophy, heart failure etc.
- Kapha in respiratory system: Kapha in the respiratory tract can lead to coughs, hay fever, sinuses, nasal crust, chest pain, runny nose, excess mucus and frequent cold. If the existing condition becomes serious and treatment is not done on time, some serious complications can lead to cystic fibrosis, sinus infections, excess phlegm in the throat, chronic sinus etc.
- Other parts of the body: If Kapha accumulates in other parts of the body it can lead to symptoms such as excess urination, low libido, premature ejaculation, heavy testicles, swelling of the joints, dental tartar, sex desire, fibrocystic lumps, goiter, enlarged spleen, gallstones, endometriosis, cystic ovary, lordosis, protruded eyes, heavy feeling of the eye, prostate enlargement, white urine, neurofibromas, hydrocephalus, gangrene , prolonged menstrual cycle osteoma, kyphosis, prostatic calculi, bone spurs etc.
- Food to avoid Kapha symptoms: Some foods that need to be avoided include carbonated drinks, oily food, chilled food, deep fried snacks, red meat, foods which are heavy to digest, milk especially buffalo milk, sweets, Ghee, fruits like Banana, Mango etc. excess salt and sour, all forms of alcohol except red wine, the latter can be consumed no more than once in a week.
Are you suffering from polycystic ovarian syndrome and are looking for an ideal remedy? Polycystic ovarian disease or PCOD is a common female health condition. It is a complex disorder and involves several factors which include insulin resistance, obesity, irregular menstrual bleeding, insufficient ovum production, and abnormal menstrual cycles. PCOD commonly occurs during the reproductive age of a woman and accounts for being a major cause of infertility.
According to Ayurvedic principles, PCOD occurs primarily due to the imbalance state of your doshas. The dosha vaishanmya is linked to the symptoms of PCOD, and the relationship between the doshas and lakshans is permanent.
PCOD is associated with stri beeja and rajah formation, along with medhodhantu to some extent. These should be attended to while the condition is being treated. The Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD aims at providing ideal care by correction of the ama dosha. By this, you achieve koshta shuddi, which in turn regularizes your tridoshas. The way or approach towards Ayurvedic treatment for PCOD includes the following:
- Treatment of agnimandya at both dhatwagni and jataragni levels.
- The alleviation of sroto avarodha is an essential part of PCOD treatment using Ayurveda. You should undertake purificatory therapies which are based on the grade of your doshic vitialation, and the exact area of affliction. These should be followed by rasayana drugs, which are free radical scavenging agents.
- The regularization of the apana Vata is essential as well. You must firmly avoid vihara and kaphkara ahara.
- Yoga and meditation are very important for the Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD. You should perform yoga asanas regularly. Some of the ideal postures for PCOD management include sarvangasana, matyasana, and shavasana.
- It is also very important for you to work out regularly, undertake different physical exercises. This will make your overall life much healthier.
- You must follow a healthy, balanced diet regularly, which should consist of fresh vegetables and fruits.
Ayurvedic herbs for the treatment of PCOD
- The varuna crataeva nurvala is an effective herb which helps in the clearance of channels, which reduces your cyst’s size.
- You can try hareetaki because of its amazing laxative effects, which reduce the morbidity of your body.
- Bilva or aegle marmelos heps in reducing the size of your growth, via its digestive effect.
- Strotasshuddhi is required and herbs likes Punarnava, kaphhar medicines are advised.
- Phytooestrogen sources and female tonic Shatavari is very much advised.
- Agnimantha, similar to lions. Lake er dhareyjata
- Guduchi is another effective remedy for PCOD and has a rejuvenating effect.
- Kanchnar is the drug of choice for Thyroid as per AYURVEDA, Strotasshuddhi is done by using Trikatu, Punarnava and other medicines. Rasayan like Shatavari are advised for enhancing female hormones.
If you are experiencing any symptom of PCOD, it is recommended for you to visit an Ayurvedic practitioner. This ensures that proper diagnosis is undertaken so that you can start treating the condition as early as possible. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Burning and itching, along with an unpleasant odor, are common symptoms which indicate a vaginal infection. Vaginal infections, also known as vaginitis are common in women. All women experience some form of it during their lifetime. A vaginal infection may occur when the normal vaginal balance is affected. The balance may be disturbed by factors such as douches, changes in hormone level, certain antibiotic medicines, pregnancy and vaginal intercourse. There are several different types of vaginal infections, which commonly occur in women.
The most common of them are as follows:
- Yeast infections: This is the most common form of vaginitis. It is caused by a species of the Candida fungus. This fungis dwells in the body naturally in small numbers. They thrive in a moist, warm and airless environment, and commonly cause a vaginal infection if they grow in numbers in the vagina. A thick, white discharge is indicated in some women as a symptom of yeast infection. The discharge may resemble cottage cheese. Vaginal itching and redness of the vulva and vagina are also likely.
- Bacterial vaginosis: Along with yeast, bacteria known as lactobacilli naturally thrive in the vagina. When the count of this bacteria reduces too much, bacterial vaginosis or BV is triggered. The normal lactobacilli gets replaced by other harmful infection-causing bacteria. A common bacteria associated with this condition is gardnerella. A woman may experience a thick, whitish discharge or a clear and slippery discharge. A fishy odor during sexual intercourse may also be noticed.
- Trichomonas: This condition is the only vaginal infection, which is considered to be a true sexually transmitted infection. It is commonly called trich and is caused by a one-celled parasite known as trichomonas vaginalis. It is commonly transmitted during sexual intercourse. The symptoms of the condition are similar to other vaginal infections like burning, swelling of the vulva, vaginal discharge of yellow gray and green color. Pain during urination and the presence of a fishy odor during sexual intercourse are also indicated.
- Chlamydia vaginitis: This is an STD which leads to the inflammation of the vagina. A discharge with Chlamydia is also likely in some women. Bleeding after sexual intercourse is another common symptom of this condition, which occurs from vaginal infection. Women above the age of 26 who are sexually active should undertake tests for this condition as in many cases it strikes without showing any symptoms. It is also capable of damaging a woman's fertility.
It is recommended for you to consult a doctor upon experiencing the symptoms of any kind of vaginal infection. This will ensure proper and early diagnosis so that the condition does not deteriorate further. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Amenorrhea is a common menstrual disorder and this term is used to denote the following situations.
- No onset of menstruation by the age of 16.
- Very scanty flow once onset has happened
- This is known as primary amenorrhea and is usually due to underdevelop female reproductive organs.
- No menstruation for up to 3 months in normally menstruating females, who is not otherwise pregnant or breastfeeding
- In elderly women (prior tomenopause), lack of menstruation for up to 6 months
Any of these conditions should immediately raise suspicion and be investigated. Some of the common causes of this secondary amenorrhea include hormonal disturbances, stress, underlying disorders of the uterine organs, eating disorders like bulimia, and prolonged use of oral contraception.
Homeopathy believes that lack of menstruation is a symptom with deeper medical imbalances within the woman’s body. Some of the common remedies used aim to restore this balance.
- Graphites: In addition to the lack of menses, the woman would be constipated and examination would show hardened ovaries. It is more commonly used in the elderly women.
- Pulsatilla: Similar to Graphites, but this is used more in the younger age groups. Even if there is flow, it would be very scanty, irregular, and clotted. There could also be bouts of a headache, abdominal emptiness, complete lack of thirst, weepiness, and highly irritable.
- Cimicifuga: this is useful when the woman also is nervous and has rheumatism or arthritis-like symptoms.
- Natrum mur: These women would have no menses or very scanty flow. In addition, splitting headaches, morning weakness, patchy tongue, extreme weakness, abdominal heaviness, depression, and extreme pessimism are some associated symptoms.
- Kali carb: These women would have a complete absence or very little flow where the blood would be pale and very light. The woman would also be anaemic with water retention, excessive perspiration, puffy eyes, anxiety and nervousness. The cold weather worsens the condition, which is worsened during warm weather.
- Ferrum metallicum: in addition to amenorrhea, when the woman also has a sickly appearance with palpitations, paleness, flushed appearance, and ankle puffiness, this is used. This is useful for initiating the onset of menses.
- Sepia: This is usually used when there the menses do not resume after pregnancy. Excessive use of birth control could also lead to this condition. In some women, the flow could be very scanty and pale in color.
Emotional symptoms include indifference, indifference, and lack of sympathy, physical exhaustion, and muscular weakness. Cool compresses and physical exercise help in relieving the symptoms. Sepia is very useful in these women. While these are commonly used, it is always advisable to check with a doctor before taking any. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
There are a number of mental disorders and conditions that may affect the psyche of a person, due to various reasons including hormonal changes, environmental factors and even genetic conditions. Paranoid Personality Disorder is one such condition that gives rise to eccentric behavioral patterns. This may make the individual seem odd or even strange to others. Here are the signs, causes and various forms of treatment available for this condition.
Symptoms and Signs: Most of the individuals suffering from this disorder will be completely convinced that there is nothing wrong with their behavior and everyone around them are conniving against them with ulterior motives of bringing them down. This will make them highly suspicious individuals with intense trust issues. They also become angry and violent very soon and usually do not have a justified reason for such temper tantrums. These individuals will also be detached and isolated socially, with hardly any friends and relationships. They will also have trouble seeing their own problems and flaws, which can keep them from having meaningful relationships.
Causes: The causes of this disorder are not known as yet. There is much ongoing research in this field. It is widely believed that this disorder is born due to a combination of biological factors and other environmental factors that may have conditioned the brain in a negative manner. Chemical and hormonal imbalances are known to be at the core of many such disorders. Also, it may be seen in people who come from a family of Schizophrenic individuals. Trauma experienced during one's childhood can also lead to the onset of this disorder.
Treatment: One of the most effective forms of treatment for this disorder includes therapy. Talk therapy or CBT which is also known as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is a form of discussion based therapy that can help the individual in talking about his or her feelings. These are then analysed in a clinical setting with the intervention of a trained psychiatrist or psychologist who will help the individual in pointing out abnormal behavior. This kind of therapy also helps in reaching the root cause of the issue that may have caused this condition in the first place. By doing so, there is a better chance of treating this cause and thus changing the attitude of the patient. This will help in steering the individual towards more normal behavior in the long run. This kind of therapy will have to take place over a long period of time before the results begin to show up in the day to day living and functioning of the individual. Anti-depressants and antipsychotics may also be prescribed. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!