Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Proton Therapy Treatment
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Pregnant Women Counseling
Prenatal And Birth Care
Musculoskeletal Pain Management
Ovarian Ablation Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Submit a review for Dr. Nirula ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Archana Nirula to be caring. Good
Though ovarian cysts can be well-treated with surgeries but not all surgeries are good for operating them. Thus, you have to choose the safest option that can help you to avoid adverse impacts after surgery.
Laparoscopic method is the approved surgical method that can operate ovarian cysts in the best possible manner. This treatment is completely painless, and thus you will not suffer at all while conducting the concerned method.
What is the best surgical method for ovarian cysts?
If you are looking for the best surgical method that can treat ovarian cysts, then nothing can be a better option other than laparoscopic surgery. There are many potential benefits of this surgical treatment for which it is more preferred in comparison to the traditional surgeries.
- Improved treatment: This treatment is quite an advanced treatment, which is not invasive and moreover, the count of side-effects is quite lower. Modernized surgical equipments are used in this regard so that ovarian cysts can be removed with great ease and convenience. Moreover, the chances of medical malpractices or errors can be completely eliminated, and thus the patients remain safe.
- Needs short tenure: This treatment does not take a long time, and rather it can be completed within a short time. You do not have to stay at the hospital for long rather can get discharged on the same day treatment takes place. Thus, you can save a lot of medical expenses.
- Reduction in sufferings caused due to surgery: Sufferings due to surgery can be reduced or completely eliminated to a great extent, and this is one of the leading reasons why this treatment is preferred for removing ovarian cysts. You will not face any painful sensation and on the other hand, the trouble of blood transfusion is also avoided in this case.
- No exposure to contaminants: Internal organs will be protected against different kinds of contaminants by implementing laparoscopic surgery. If the organs get contaminated, then the possibility of postoperative infections will rise. Infectious diseases are very much dreadful.
- Small incision-size: Incision size is quite small, and this is really quite beneficial in preventing different unwanted symptoms like pain, excessive bleeding and others. You do not have to take strong medications for getting rid of post-surgery symptoms. Scar tissues often get affected by infectious diseases, but in this case, it does not happen, and thus you will remain completely safe and secured.
Here are some tips to manage infertility in married couples
An STD or sexually transmitted disease is usually an infection which spreads from one person to another during sexual contact. Some STDs can also be transferred through touch, since they spread by skin contact. People hardly like to talk or discuss about STDs, but it is very important to rule out the possibilities of STD. Whether one likes it or not, if STD testing is ignored, then it can lead to long term consequences.
Why STD Testing is Important
Often STDs have no signs and symptoms, and the only way to know that are you suffering from an STD is to get tested for it. So it is a good idea to get yourself tested, as you never know if you might have STD even though you don't show symptoms. Also, when STDs are diagnosed, most of them can be cured.
Consequences of Not Getting Tested
If one has STD and is not getting tested for the same, then it could lead to health problems which can cause permanent damages or might prove to be fatal. Some of the problems are:
- Undiagnosed and untreated STDs can lead to damaged reproductive system, leading to sterile men and women.
- Chlamydia, if untreated can lead to epididymitis and shrinkage of testicles and infertility in men. It also leads to pelvic inflammatory disease. But good news is, it can be treated easily.
- Syphillis can make a person blind and deaf, and can also be passed on to babies.
- Gonorrhea, which can also be treated easily with antibiotics, can lead to infertility or death if untreated.
- Even HIV/AIDS if diagnosed in early stages can enable the patient to lead a normal life and does not mean only death, contrary to conventional perceptions.
Symptoms of STD
While, gonorrhea, chlamydia and human papilloma virus (HPV) have no symptoms, the common symptoms of STDs might vary.
- In women, the common symptoms are pain and burning sensation during urination, blood in vaginal discharge as also abnormal vaginal discharge, abdominal pain, blisters, warts, and swollen glands.
- Men often experience inflammation of the testicles, prostate, sores, fever, urethral discharge and pain during urination.
If these symptoms are observed, it is vital to get tested for STDs. Also the best way to protect your partner is not to practice unsafe sex and to refrain from the same until diagnosed and treatment is complete.
Getting yourself tested for STD is also beneficial, as it can prevent against complications like cancers and infertility. The standard STD panel of tests consists of Herpes IgG antibody and HIV antibody blood tests, along with a blood test for syphilis antibody and DNA urine test for gonorrhea and Chlamydia.