Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Rotator Cuff Injury Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment for Constipation Treatment
Scar Revision Surgery
Scar Revision Surgery
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Treatment of Rheumatic Complaints
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Submit a review for Dr.Neelamkapoor's ClinicYour feedback matters!
The knee is one of the largest and most important joints of our body. It is also susceptible to wear and tear as well as injuries. Knee pain can occur due to a variety of reasons starting from conditions like arthritis problem and osteoporosis as well as injuries that can affect the ligaments, the joint, the menisci and femur. These are the various parts of the knees, which can suffer from degeneration or even injuries. The best way to combat chronic knee pain is through rest, ice compress and with the help of pain relieving and anti-inflammatory medication.
While rest and ice compress for chronic knee pain and pain relieving and anti-inflammatory medication are the best ways to combat knee pain, orthopaedics also recommend the use of various strengthening exercises which can alleviate knee pain. Here are a few of the best ones!
- The towel hook: Lie down flat on your back and raise one leg, Hook a towel under the foot and press it against the towel as you pull both ends downwards, creating slight pressure. This can be done for a few seconds at a time. Remember to do this at least ten times for each foot and increase gradually. This exercise helps in strengthening your entire leg from the calf to the knee and even the thighs so that the pain subsides.
- Towel roll: In towel roll exercise, after pushing knee, should do dorsiflexion and hold for 20 seconds.. Hamstring exercises are also given by placing roll towel under your feet, push down, dorsiflexion and hold for 20 seconds Adductor exercises are also given by placing small ball between your legs just above the knee joint, press and hold for 20seconds.
- Swing: For this exercise, you will need to sit down on a chair. Now take one leg and swing it up until it is in line with your hip. Hold it out like this before you slowly bring it down again. Do this at least twenty to thirty times for each leg and gradually increase the frequency and the number of seconds for which you hold the knee. This will also help in pain management.
- Knee marches: You can also do knee marches by sitting down on a chair. You will need to march each knee up and down at least twenty to thirty times. You will need to do this for a few minutes every day and you can easily do it twice a day even when you are at work, sitting in front of a desk. You must ensure that your posture is straight and upright for this exercise.
Mood disorders are common psychological problems that affect a vast portion of the human populace all over the world every year. These occur when there is a shift or imbalance in a person's psyche which affects his or her daily function and interpersonal relations in varying degrees. Each individual is affected by these conditions in a different capacity and responds to them in a distinct manner.
Mood disorders generally manifest themselves as fluctuations in a person's temperament. It is triggered by various factors. These mental illnesses range from mild to severe, the latter requiring urgent psychological counseling and treatment. A mild condition may even develop into a painful and chronic one without any form of remedial intervention.
What are the most common types of mood disorders?
There are many distinctive categories of mood disorders that can affect a person. The most commonly occurring ones are as follows:
- Major depressive disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (sad)
Major depression is the most frequently occurring type of mood disorder. It causes mental and emotional turmoil, as well as physical anguish. Those affected by it may experience a single episode in isolation or multiple episodes over a period of time. The milder version of this condition is known as dysthymia.
Bipolar disorder is a comparatively rare condition that causes alternating states of extreme mania and depression. It is also known as manic-depressive illness. The mild version of this is called cyclothymia.
Seasonal affective disorder or sad is a depressive disorder that is known to affect those living in colder climes. It is caused generally by the lack of warmth and light, the onset of which begins in late autumn and lasts till the end of winter.
What causes a mood disorder?
Mood disorders are very difficult to diagnose as they can be caused by an assortment of triggers and the symptoms are not always apparent. This is particularly true in the case of dysthymia and cyclothymia.
Some of the usual factors that lead to mood disorders are:
- Chronic stress and anxiety
- Anomalies in the functioning of the nervous system
- Prolonged periods of isolation
- Childhood abuse and trauma
- Ineffectual coping mechanisms
- Insufficient nourishment/malnutrition
In most cases, a combination of multiple factors usually leads to the development of mood disorders and other mental illnesses.
Homeopathy is a branch of medicine that focuses on improving the body's healing mechanism to treat the cause of the disease. Acne is a skin condition that results in pimples on the face or other areas of the body. Homeopathic treatments are based on the premise of removing the cause of the disease rather than just curing the symptoms.
Homeopathic remedies are prescribed after a thorough analysis of your medical history, emotional and physical constitution. All Homeopathic medicines are based on achieving potency of the substance, which is done by diluting it with water and alcohol. In case of acne, this treatment controls the secretion of oil by the skin, removes acne related scars and eliminates underlying conditions such as hormonal imbalance that causes acne.
Various Homeopathic remedies to treat acne are:
- Sanguinaria: It is a very effective remedy for treating acne in women who have problems in their periods. It is also used in acne treatment in women who suffer from sexual problems.
- Silica: This treatment enhances the immune system of the body so that acne formation in the body is reduced. This is a common treatment for people who have recurrent bouts of acne.
- Calcariasulphuricum: This treatment is recommended for people who regularly have large pimples filled with pus. The person tends to be easily affected by heat.
- Dulcamara: It is used in treating acne as well as scars left by acne. It is usually recommended for acne that occurs due to climate changes.
- Natrum Muriaticum: This treatment is made from common salt and is used to treat acne that results from menstrual irregularities and other hormonal disturbances. It is also used for treating oily skin and other rashes which result from it.
- Arctium lappa: It is a Homeopathic remedy for treating symptoms of acne and its scars.
PGS or Pre-implantation Genetic Screening is a test conducted to decipher the chromosome count of the embryo. Today, if you are planning to get pregnant or using alternative technologies for pregnancy; there are several tests that need to be conducted so that the child is born healthy and stable. One such test is the PGS, it determines whether or not the count of chromosomes is normal, which is forty six, is present in the embryo. If there are abnormal numbers of chromosomes present in the embryo then it might lead to additional problems in the future. In such cases, special treatments and procedures are conducted.
There are several advantages of PGS. Some of them are highlighted in details below.
- Healthy pregnancy: Interestingly, a man can produce sperms throughout his lifetime. But a woman is born with the eggs already created. The chances of producing a healthy baby with those eggs decrease as the age of the woman increases. It is seen that those women who think of delivering a child in their older ages are often found with chromosome deficiencies in the embryo. Thus, to avoid such a situation, it is best to perform PGS.
- Reduces the chance of miscarriage: Pregnancies which occur without having performed any prior tests like the PGS have high chances of resulting into a miscarriage at the slightest of carelessness. But research has found that those pregnancies which take place after considering the chromosomal health of the embryo have reduced the risk of being abnormally terminated.
- Time reduction between two IVF Circles: For those who do not know IVF stands for In-Vitro Fertilisation. It is a process which aids a woman in becoming pregnant. It is often opted by those who are having issues in naturally conceiving a child. PGS here plays an important role. If the test detects abnormal embryo, then the next IVF circle can be started right away without wasting any time. But if the PGS detects a normal embryo then the IVF circle is deemed to be successful and the woman can continue with the pregnancy.
Thus, these are some of the main advantages of Pre-Implantation Genetic Screening. This helps to determine whether the embryo is of the desired choice or not and whether the baby born out of it would be healthy and normal. It is one of the tests which need to be conducted preceding implantation to provide better results after the implantation process is carried out.
Erectile dysfunction refers to the situation when a man has difficulty in getting a firm erection or an erection, which is required to achieve sexual penetration. Several cases of erectile dysfunction can cause impotency in a man.
- A problem in the blood flow, proper hormone secretion and nervous supply in the body may cause erectile dysfunction.
- Erectile dysfunction also happens due to vascular causes along with neurological causes.
- Arthrosclerosis is a disease which often leads to erectile dysfunction. This disease is commonly caused because of smoking and diabetes. The arteries to the penis become narrow and clogged and erectile dysfunction occurs.
- Neuropathy caused due to diabetes, known as diabetic neuropathy, is a primary neurological cause of erectile dysfunction. Nerve damage on account of surgery around the pelvis area may also lead to erectile dysfunction.
- High blood pressure or hypertension damages arteries all over the vascular system. Blood flow is impaired and proper erection is prohibited, which signifies erectile dysfunction.
Erectile dysfunction also happens due to physical causes such as:
- High cholesterol and obesity
- Parkinson's disease and multiple cases of sclerosis
- Smoking, excessive alcohol consumption and substance abuse
- Disorder in anatomy or structure of the penis
- Surgical complications
- Several prescribed medicines may also lead to erectile dysfunction because of reactions and side effects.
Erectile dysfunction may also result due to several psychological causes:
- Depression makes a person uninterested in sex due to lower libido and may cause erectile dysfunction.
- A large amount of stress, fear, tension or anxiety may also lead to erectile dysfunction.
- Many men suffer from performance anxiety and feelings of sexual failure. This may result in erectile dysfunction.
- Poor communication with a partner or pressure from partner regarding sex may also cause erectile dysfunction.
Homeopathic Remedies For Impotency (erectile dysfunction):
- Agnus Castus: Homeopathic medicine Agnus Castus is used in cases where there is complete inability to attain penile erection during the sexual act. Homeopathic medicine Agnus Castus can be used in cases of erectile dysfunction and sexual weakness where the male has a mental aversion to indulge in sex, along with decreased physical strength.
- Caladium: Homeopathic medicine Caladium is of great help for treatment of erectile dysfunction when the male is unable to have an erection despite having a sexual desire or urge.
- Lycopodium: Homeopathic medicine Lycopodium is of great help for both young people and elderly people suffering from erectile dysfunction.
- Tribulus Terrestris: The main indication for using Homeopathic medicine Tribulus Terrestris is the presence of urinary troubles along with erectile Dysfunction.
- Nuphar Luteum: Homeopathic medicine Nuphar Luteum can be beneficial for all those males with erectile Dysfunction in whom the desire to indulge in sexual activity is totally absent. There is no sexual desire with relaxed genitalia.
Erectile dysfunction affects the self-esteem and confidence of a man as he is unable to have sex. Necessary measures should be taken to cure erectile dysfunction.
Acne is a skin condition that is primarily caused by clogging of the hair follicles with dead skin cells and excess oil (sebum). More often than not, acne is characterized by formation of pimples around the face, neck, chest and the back of the body.
Any infection around the zits might cause abnormal swelling and intense pain.
Though common among both the sexes, acne generally develops in teenagers and can also occur in adult women prior to their menstrual cycles. Acne can cause due to hormonal imbalance, thyroid, oestrogen, progesterone. Prolactin plays important role in acne formation. Stress and oily skin also contribute to acne along with other factors.
Acne can also occur due to a side effect of certain medications such as lithium and corticosteroids. Other endocrine disorders such as Cushing’s syndrome and Polycystic ovary syndrome might be responsible for this particular condition. Acne can also stem from the excessive usage of cosmetics or other topical creams and binging on fast foods and other fried foods.
Homeopathy and Acne-
Since acne can be caused by various factors – excess oil secretion, changes in hormone levels, genetic predisposition, pollution and diet, homeopathy can be an effective way to treat acne. This is because treatment in homeopathy is individualistic and holistic. Individual examination, case analysis, your medical history, your physical, mental and emotional constitution, your age, your gender, your ethnicity, and your susceptibility to the disease are all very important considerations in determining the exact homeopathic remedy for you.
Based on these criteria, your homeopath will prescribe the most suitable remedy. The dosage and the potency of the remedy too will differ from person to person. The homeopathic preparations which are extremely effective in curing acne are as follows:
Hepar Sulpur: If the pimples are filled with pus, a very low dosage of this preparation can be useful.
Pulsatilla: If there are recurring instances of acne, especially among teenagers, this homeopathic preparation can be useful. If the acne breakouts are coupled with irregular/scanty periods, Pulsatilla can be the ‘go-to’ panacea in this case.
Kali Bromatum: Symptoms of increased sexual appetite, forgetfulness and suicidal tendencies along with acne breakouts can be taken care of with this medicine.
Calcarea Phosphoricum: If the breakouts occur with symptoms of headache, reddish tinge on the skin and dyspepsia (indigestion), this homeopathic preparation can be extremely effective.
Nux Vomica: This medication is an effective remedy for gastrointestinal problems along with mild to severe constipation and extreme sensitivity to cold.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized homeopathic and ask a free question.
In simple language, Hemorrhage is when the blood escapes from veins or blood vessels. This escape may happen because of various reasons like, for example, injury, low platelet count, threatened abortion, piles (Hemorrhoids), cancer, surgery, liver disease, brain trauma, acute bronchitis, menstrual problem and so on.
Types of Hemorrhage:
As a matter of fact, Hemorrhage is grouped into several categories. Hemorrhage can occur post surgery, and such a Hemorrhage is called as postoperative Hemorrhage. Similarly, for various reasons Hemorrhage can occur from the artery (Arterial Hemorrhage), vein (Venous Hemorrhage) or capillary (Capillary Hemorrhage). If Hemorrhage happens because of an injury, it is called primary Hemorrhage.
Other types of Hemorrhage are delayed bleeding post injury (Reactionary Hemorrhage), bleeding following childbirth (Postpartum Hemorrhage), delay in bleeding following Sepsis popularly called as septic (Secondary Hemorrhage), bleeding from urine (Haematuria), bleeding while coughing (Hemoptysis) and bleeding caused in the stomach (Hematemesis).
Further, Hemorrhage can be broadly classified into two namely internal and external:
- It would be needless to mention that excessive bleeding may lead to several complications. It can result in organ failure and there are instances that excessive bleeding can be fatal. On the other hand, blood loss can be external or visible Hemorrhage like those caused during an injury. There are also instances of blood loss occurring internally in which case the patient may notice blood either in the urine or stools, vagina or while coughing or through the nostrils or even from the mouth. In such cases, the patient should be rushed to a doctor who after careful examination, and tests would be able to identify the causes of the internal bleeding.
- In case of external bleeding or external Hemorrhage like those caused due to an injury, you may provide the necessary first aid. When the bleeding is noticed, do not get alarmed and also try to keep the patient calm. Hemorrhage caused due to external injury would normally stop within one or two minutes. However, if the bleeding persists even after two or three minutes, such cases would require medical attention, and therefore, you should rush the patient to the doctor at the earliest.
There are several remedies to tackle the problem of Hemorrhage. Some of the normal procedures followed are IV fluid, oxygen, administering medicines like vitamin B12 and so on. In complicated cases, the physician may suggest bone marrow surgical procedure, Endogenous EPO or such other procedures. If Hemorrhage is left unattended, it can result in several complications. Therefore, you should rush the patient to the physician urgently.
Nowadays, hair fall and thinning are conditions that most people face and are tired of trying new treatments to fix them. There are numerous treatments, but most have been proven to have certain adverse effects. Homeopathy, on the other hand, is an alternative medicine category, which uses not so strong chemicals or drugs, but slowly and steadily treats body ailments.
Causes of hair fall
- Various skin diseases that affect the scalp. For example, fungal infections known as tinea capitis, seborrhoea, lichen planus, eczema
- Various hormonal changes
- Nutritional deficiency, especially lack of iron in diet
- Various drugs that are taken for treatment of joint pains, high blood pressure, depression or cancer
- Diseases like tuberculosis, diabetes mellitus, AIDS, hypothyroidism etc.
- Hairstyles of individuals, especially those who fall prey to the latest trends in styling. For example, tight pony tails or braids, indiscriminate usage of heat and colour to the hair.
Homeopathic treatment to prevent hair loss
Before any homeopathic medicine is prescribed to individuals, a detail of their case history is required to be studied. Here is a list of homeopathic medicines which help in controlling and preventing hair fall.
- The various skin diseases on the scalp can be a major reason for hair fall. This may occur due to extreme itching or numerous acrid discharges from the lesions that have occurred. Homeopathic medicines like Psorinum are used to treat hair loss caused due to discharge from skin lesions. Another medicine is Mercurius Solubilis; this also helps in relieving the scalp from the lesions and discharges.
- In case of hair loss due to excess dandruff, Thuja occidentalis and Kali suphuricum are the medicines that can be used.
- In case of hair loss due to childbirth or menopause, Natrum muriaticum and Pulsatilla pratensis can be excellent medicines for effective treatment. Another treatment can be Sepia officinalis.
- The hair fall caused by anaemia can be treated by using Borax, Cinchona officinalis and Calcarea phorphorica.
- For alopecia, phophorus, calcarea, fluoricum acidum, vinca minor, carbonica are used.
- In order to fight baldness, medicines like Silicea, Sulphur, Baryta carbonica, Lycopodium clavatum can be prescribed.
These are just a few treatments in a nutshell, but there are numerous others to be discussed. To know the right medicine for you, you can always consult a qualified homeopathic practitioner.
The prostate gland, an essential part of the male reproductive system grows throughout your life. As you grow older, it becomes imperative to keep this organ healthy.
Here's what you can do to maintain a healthy prostate:
1. Workout to stay fit - Exercising regularly and maintaining an optimum weight can help to keep your prostate gland at an optimal health. Several types of research have revealed the beneficial aspects of exercising. It's said that physically active men are less likely to suffer from enlarged prostate if they performed a physical activity of low to moderate intensity. Likewise, physically active men who ran for 90 to 108 minutes are 20% less likely to develop erectile dysfunction.
2. Eat fruits and vegetables - Including fruits and vegetables in your diet can help to maintain a healthy prostate. Guava, papaya, tomato and watermelon are some of the options that spell good for your prostate. Vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli and Brussels sprouts should also be included to boost the health of the gland. Ideally, you should have about 5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
3. Have more soy products - Eating more soy products like tofu, soy flour, soy nuts can help to keep cancer of the prostate at bay. A study published in the British Journal of Urology International revealed that men who had soy products saw a 40% decrease in their risk of developing an enlarged prostate.
4. Have selenium-rich foods - Having foods rich in selenium (a powerful trace mineral) like tuna, eggs, cashews, onions, garlic, etc can reduce your risk of developing prostate cancer.
5. Say yes to healthy fats and no to trans and saturated fats - Choosing healthy fats like avocados, nuts, and olive oil can aid in boosting prostate health. At the same time, limiting saturated fats and trans fat intake are vital for keeping the prostate gland healthy.
‘Probiotic’ is one of the most popular word in health food industry today. The health food and grocery stores today are full of options on probiotic food and drinks. The literal meaning of probiotic is ‘for life’. Probiotics in scientific terms are microorganisms who provide enormous health benefits when consumed. In normal terms, they are friendly bacteria needed for our body to maintain a healthy gut.
Yogurt is one such super healthy food made by adding friendly bacteria to the milk. Doctors recommend eating a bowl of yogurt (400 gms) every day. Being a dairy product, Yogurt is not only packed with Calcium and Protein, it is also a powerhouse of vitamins and minerals like vitamin A, B2, B12, Riboflavin, Potassium, Phosphorous and Magnesium.
Let’s now look at some well researched health benefits of yogurt:
Yoghurt is effective in the prevention of Osteoporosis. This calcium rich food serves great benefits when fortified with Vitamin D. Look for yogurt with a boost of vitamin D as consumption of Calcium and vitamin D on a regular basis can aid in the prevention of Osteoporosis.
Many of us need to consume antibiotics in sickness to eliminate the infection. However, antibiotics not only kill disease causing, but good bacteria as well. Thus, it is very beneficial to consume yogurt especially when on antibiotics to help our body replenish lost nutrients and good bacteria.
Yogurt has now emerged as a beauty ingredient. A lot has been said about yogurt and weight management as well as its skin care benefits. A lot of beauty products now boost of yogurt goodness. Eat Yogurt and apply a yogurt mask for a spotless glowing skin!
Yogurt can leave you feeling full for long as it has high-quality protein. Thus, it can be a great snacking option. These days, yogurt occupy a big place in the food industry. We have many options over the counter from frozen yogurt, sweetened or flavored ones, smoothies to thick Greek yogurts. Though they are all great options to have, it is important to go for trusted brands and read the ingredients before you buy. Nutritionists, however, recommend fresh homemade yogurt over the ready-made ones to reap their maximum benefits.
There are many ways to add variety to your yogurt bowl every day. Whip it up with some fresh fruits; add ground flax seeds or nuts for a boost of Omega-3. Blend it with some natural honey and muesli for a perfect healthy smoothie.
Say cheers to good health with a bowl of yogurt every day! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I am 22 years old male. My skin sensitive and acne prone. And still having regular pimple on my face. But my hair scalp is clear ,i mean no dandruff. I treatment many dermatology and taken many medicine ,face wash. But no useful. So, please suggest me. What can I do ?and how get a clear skin?
Communication in any relationship is indispensable for creating a strong bond between a couple. Sexual communication even more so and often the hardest thing to do.
Sexual Communication is when you and your partner are able to express your needs and wants without the conversation being awkward, taking in account what the other feels. It is a fulfilling, satisfying, and a fun part of life. The physical aspect of love is an important part of a relationship and communicating with your partner about it only helps to make it better. Sexual communication will make it easier for you to take pleasure in sex with safety and have a satisfying sex life.
Physical Communication: Communication is not linked with words only. Sometimes, a gentle hand placed on your shoulder or back, a simple glance at you or even a wink are enough to lure someone towards you. Healthy and amazing sexual activity is procured mainly through physical intimacy. Almost all the time, couples find out what the other is thinking even without asking them. ‘Actions speak louder than words’ is proven to be very true in this case. So, ensure that you understand physical cues of each other.
Sexual Directions: Giving your partner verbal or physical direction is an integral part of achieving a satisfied sexual life. He or she needs to be informed of where to touch you and where not to in order to turn you on. If your spouse is clueless of what you might want or expect in bed, sexual gratification will not only become impossible but may turn disastrous. If there is verbal communication between you two such as, ‘kiss me’ or ‘touch me there’, the sexual experience will become ten times better. This happens only when there is love and proper sexual communication.
Conversational Communication: Sexual urge is aroused only when there is vocal communication. All relationships require good oral communication. Communication related to sex must be done tactfully without making it awkward or uncomfortable. It will help solve many issues in your sexual and love life. You must focus on what your partner might prefer doing more or may work around issues which cause strife and eventually resolve them.
Intimacy: Emotional as well as sexual intimacy requires honest communication. Some display their inner inhibitions while others are reserved in matters of expression on sexual life. Each couple is accustomed to different and unique styles of communication with their partners. It is important to be able to comfortably and smoothly express yourself and get instant feedback from your spouse in order to be most compatible with each other. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Eating healthy food and getting enough rest and exercise may not be enough to boost your immune system, particularly when you are being exposed to bacteria and viruses in your increasingly polluted environment. Your immune system needs a bit more help and Homeopathy offers more than a helping hand, find the top 5 homeopathic immunity medicines listed below that will supplement your body resistance.
The immune system is like a fort to protect the body against foreign invaders (or pathogens) like fungi or parasites, bacteria, viruses etc. Inimical entities are also being created from within, auto-immune disorders and diseases like cancer. Proper immune function is an complex balancing act which nature has to carryout but with a little help. While functioning properly, our immune systems is able to discriminate effectively, between body’s own tissues and foreign pathogens. A weakened immune system makes you vulnerable to virtually every type of illness. If the immune response becomes overactive or misdirected it begins to target the body’s own tissues for foreign invaders and starts attacking them.
Immunity is influenced by the digestive capabilities and our ability to digest, assimilate and absorb nutrients in our bodies. In a healthy body where immune function is strong, any invaders are neutralized or destroyed and then expelled and normalcy is restored. If digestive capabilities are impaired by an imbalance, metabolism is affected and the immune response and natural resistance are lowered. If the body is unhealthy by stored toxins from undigested food, then an environment is created in which invaders are encouraged to thrive. Over indulgence in activities like masturbation is reported to ruin your immune system since it depletes necessary hormones and neuro chemicals.
What happens when your immune system is compromised? You suffer from extreme fatigue. You loose appetite, your body hurts, you get ill often and this could be life threatening.
Immunity in Infants
For the first 4 to 6 weeks , Newborns are at high risk for colds or other infections since their immune system is functionally immature. Babies derive immune protection from the placenta before birth and through antibodies from the mother’s breast milk. But there are many germs they can’t fight off.
It’s vital to get the newborns build a strong immune system before they are exposed to cold viruses. A virus that is capable of mild illness in an older child or an adult can cause a more serious illness in a newborn. Homeopathy is another way by which you can boost the immune system of a baby. An infant who falls ill repeatedly can benefit from homeopathy as it will build the child’s resistance and his immunity becomes better. Homeopathic medicines like Schwabe Munostim globules is an activator of the immune system and is indicated in prevention of seasonal problem in children. It can be used together with other specific medicines against cold, flu and against allergies
Why Homeopathy to boost your immunity?
- Unlike antibiotics homeopathy does not ‘neutralize’ an infection , instead it strengthens the body’s immune system to fight disease or infection.
- The modern system of homeopathy looks towards systemic detoxification that causes weakening of defense mechanism. It therefore works on removing poisoning or toxicity from bone marrow, liver, spleen, lymphocytes, lymph nodes that play a vital role in immune defense mechanism
- Homeopathy is more palatable than many conventional medicines since the mildly sweet pills, powders or liquids are easy to dispense and consume.
- Homeopathy is effective on any problem associated with a compromised immune system or lowered immune response.
- Patient on Homeopathy regains appetite after few days thus helping the patient gain weight.
- Homeopathy helps control opportunistic infections associated with a compromised immune system.
- Homeopathy decreases the viral load after few months of regular consumption.
- Homeopathy is well tolerated in patients of all age groups and has been used by thousands of patients in several countries with no adverse effects reported.
Top Homeopathic immune booster medicines!
The best immune strengthening medicine in homeopathy is the constitutional medicines which your physician prescribes after a detailed case taking. It takes into consideration your health condition, any problems you may be currently suffering from and your tendencies depending upon your past medical and family history. Some general medicines for immunity are:
- Reckeweg R88 Anti Viral: n effective homeopathic antiviral medicine that contains highly diluted energy derived from viruses like coxsackie, diphterinum, Herpes zoster, V-grippe etc. Natural immunization formula that is Safe & without side effects.
- Scwabe Alpha WD Immuno Stimulator: German homeopathic formula with proven homeopathic medicines to enhance body’s resistance power.
- Blooume 20 Immunoforce: A general tonic that stimulates and builds general immunity. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.
Glucose is the primary ingredient within the body which is turned into an energy source. This is what we use when we move, walk or make the slightest movements. To metabolize glucose into energy, your body needs insulin, which is a hormone produced within the pancreas. However, if the body doesn't react to the insulin or the pancreas is unable to produce enough, glucose cannot be converted into energy and thus results in type 2 diabetes.
Symptoms of type 2 diabetes
- Sudden or gradual weight loss despite increased hunger - Many people complain that they feel hungry and eat more, but despite this, tend to lose weight. This occurs as the body cannot metabolize glucose and uses energy reserves from fat or muscles leading to weight loss.
- Frequent infections and slow healing - If you are afflicted with Type 2 diabetes, then it might affect your immune system and you may be prone to infections. Also, any cuts or bruises on your body will take much longer to heal than normal.
- Irritability and fatigue - Another common symptom of type 2 diabetes along with the other symptoms mentioned here is quick irritability and fatigue. This is because most of the body is deprived of sugar and thus lacks the energy needed to function normally.
- Constant thirst and increased urination - If you feel constantly thirsty despite drinking ample water and urinating frequently, this may be a tell tale sign of type 2 diabetes.
- Skin darkening in folds and creases of the body - Also known as acanthosis nigricans; this is a darkening of the skin where it also becomes velvety to the touch. It usually develops in the folds on skin in areas such as the neck and armpits and is a direct result of insulin resistance.
Causes of Type 2 diabetes
Some of the most common causes of Type 2 diabetes could be:
- Being overweight
- Lack of physical activity
- Genetic predisposition or family history
- If you are more than 45 years of age
- Hormonal problems such as Polycystic ovarian syndrome
Treatment or management of type 2 diabetes
In most cases, major lifestyle changes can easily keep the symptoms of type 2 diabetes in check although in certain cases medications may also be required. Some of the steps necessary are as follows:
- Change in diet and healthy eating
- Physical activity and exercising
- Regular blood sugar monitoring and
- Blood sugar medication along with insulin therapy if necessary
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Homeopathy is a widely accepted alternative system of medicine which was discovered in the late 18th century. Homeopathy believes in the philosophy that the mind, emotions and the body are integrated together. On the basis of this philosophy, a homeopath provides remedies which can suit best to the physical and psychological conditions of a patient. Homeopathic remedies are certainly not very high dose. Its main purpose is to recognize and discard the cause behind the condition.
People hold many misconceptions about homeopathy. Following are some of the myths of homeopathy:
- Homeopathic remedies work slowly: Many people believe that homeopathic remedies cure your medical condition very slowly. Fact is that it works very fast on diseases like cold, fever, etc. When the symptoms are chronic, then only working process is slow. This is because in chronic condition, the body takes little time to cure from inside. It is advisable to start the homeopathic remedies as soon as any symptom is seen.
- Remedies are prescribed by doctors with no formal training: Many people believe that homeopathic remedies are prescribed simply on the basis of the visible symptoms and no diagnosis is done. Fact is that these remedies are prescribed by qualified medical professionals graduated from homeopathy medical colleges. They diagnose your medical condition before prescribing you any remedy.
- Homeopathic remedies are not scientific: Many people consider homeopathic remedies to be unscientific. However, the basis behind homeopathy is pharmacological and clinical data. Vast studies and researches have been conducted on homeopathic remedies and treatment.
- Strict dietary restriction is to be followed at the time of homeopathic treatment: Many people believe that they have to control on their eating habits while undergoing homeopathic treatment. Fact is that for some patients, ingredients like garlic, onion, alcohol, coffee, tobacco etc. are to be avoided during the tenure of treatment. This is simply because these ingredients interfere with the homeopathic treatment.
- Homeopathy can cure any disorder: Some people have a strong belief that homeopathic remedies can cure any disorder or any medical condition. Fact is that this remedy is completely ineffective in case of dental issues or any condition where surgery is the only remedy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopathic.
Anemia is a disease which occurs due to the lack of red blood cells or hemoglobin in your body. The body transports oxygen and the nutrition you get from food, to various body parts through hemoglobin, and a deficiency can cause lower supply of these important elements to the body. Which is why, the patient may feel a lack of energy, dizziness and even exhaustion. Most people don't realize its existence, so it's important that you know the symptoms, causes and cures of this blood disease. And, the foods one should eat to avoid anemia.
- Lack of iron: There are various forms of this illness, and one of it is iron deficiency anemia. The red blood cells in the blood contain hemoglobin, which requires iron for formation. If the diet is not adequately loaded with iron, the person can have iron deficiency anemia. This is the most ordinary one that occurs to people, but with adequate care through food, exercise, and medicines, you can tackle it.
- The root cause: Faulty production of red cells (hereditary conditions like sickle cell anemia, bone marrow disorders, etc. is the common cause of anemia. Excessive destruction of red blood cells, which is not compensated by normal production (spleen disorders, thalassemia, etc.) can be another reason. People with blood loss conditions (ulcers, gastritis, internal bleeding, excessive menstruation, childbirth, etc. and the ones who consume a poor diet can also get this blood disease.
- Know the symptoms: There are essentially nonspecific symptoms of anemia, but overall fatigue with very low energy levels as the body does not receive enough nutrition to perform various functions can be one of them. Reduced heart rate, fainting, and pallor of skin and whites of the eye are common indicators of this illness. Check with your doctor if you face any of these issues.
- Foods for prevention: If you follow a healthy diet that is full of nutrients like iron, you can keep anemia at bay. Remember, weight is not an issue here. If you have a good diet intake, you need not worry about being slim. Often, women who are thin get labeled as anemic, which is far from truth. When it comes to nutrients, iron-rich foods should be eaten along with vitamin C to improve its absorption. Vitamin B12 also plays a significant role in absorption. Meat including red meat, lamb, pork, chicken, beet, ham, turkey, and seafood including salmon or tuna can be included in your diet. Other foods like legumes, soybeans, veggies (dark green leafy vegetables, spinach, peas, broccoli), dried fruits and nuts, tofu, pumpkin and eggs are rich sources of iron that can be consumed by vegetarians. Cereals like red rice, brown rice or fortified cereals with a good source of iron can also be included in the diet.
- Don't miss out on iron, ladies! Women are likely to be anemic (with symptoms like fatigue and paleness) and hence they should constantly monitor for iron levels and shift to a diet rich in iron. Furthermore, iron supplements can be consumed in the form of tablets, syrup, or tablets with the guidance of a doctor. In severe cases, where there is a significant blood loss, especially with childbirth or internal bleeding, the sufferer may require transfusion. All in all, anemia is definitely manageable with planning of diet, especially during times the like menstruation and pregnancy. So, taking care on time is a vital step. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Diabetes is a systemic disease that affects almost every part of your body. Of these, the digestive system is the most badly affected. While gastrointestinal disorders are commonly experienced by everyone, diabetics have a much higher risk of suffering from indigestion, food poisoning, gallstones and ulcers. Some of the most common gastrointestinal problems experienced by diabetics are:
- Gastroparesis: High blood sugar levels can damage the vagus nerve that controls the emptying of the stomach. As a result fo this damage, the muscles of the stomach and intestines do not work optimally leading to a condition known as Gastroparesis. This is a condition where the stomach is not able to empty itself properly and the digestion process is slowed down. Gastroparesis can cause bloating, nausea, pain in the abdomen, heart burn and a loss of appetite. It can also cause undigested food in the stomach to harden and form lumps that block food from moving into the intestines. This disease cannot be cured but can be managed with medication and a special diet.
- Ulcers: Stomach ulcers can be described as open sores that develop on the inner lining of the stomach, oesophagus and beginning of the small intestine. These ulcers form as a result of bacterial infections. Diabetes weakens a person’s immune system thus reducing their ability to fight these infections and increasing the risk of developing ulcers. Diabetes also increases the risk of bleeding from these ulcers and secondary infections that may arise from it.
- Yeast infections: Diabetics are extremely vulnerable to yeast infections. This is aggravated by fluctuation in blood sugar levels and can extend from the mouth to the oesophagus. Common symptoms of this type of yeast infection are pain in the throat and difficulty swallowing. It may also cause heartburn and intestinal bleeding if left untreated.
- Celiac sprue: This condition creates gluten allergies and causes the inflammation and thinning of the small intestine’s mucosa. In some cases, this condition may interfere with the absorption of food and lead to diarrhoea and weight loss.
- Diabetic diarrhoea: Patients who have been suffering from diabetes for a few years may experience an increased urge to pass stools frequently. This is usually related to gastric problems in the colon which cause fluids to move at a faster than normal speed through the small bowel and colon. It may also be caused due to the secretion of fluids in the colon and improper absorption of food. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
The last molar teeth in the mouth are called as wisdom teeth. While in some people they erupt completely into the mouth and function with no problem whatsoever, in others, they remain embedded in the bone, erupt incompletely, erupt at an angle, or are covered by bone or a flap of tissue. They are absent in many.
Of late, dentists recommend removal of wisdom teeth, more a preventive than remedial measure. Some of the reasons for wisdom tooth removal are listed below
Impaction: Often, wisdom teeth do not have enough space to erupt in their normal position. This can only be evaluated properly on an x-ray. If the x-ray shows that the tooth is unlikely to erupt because of being blocked by a root or bone, this needs to be removed.
Pericoronitis: The tooth partially erupts into the mouth but is covered by a flap of gum. This attracts food and bacteria to accumulate, leading to decay and infection, a condition called as pericoronitis. Very common in the lower wisdom teeth, it leads to severe tooth pain, painful swallowing and swelling of the lymph nodes. This is the most common cause for wisdom teeth to be removed. An x-ray will reveal the tooth to be infected and sometimes periapical abscess may also be present.
Alignment: Misaligned wisdom teeth exert a constant mild pressure on the adjacent teeth which can hamper the alignment and reverse the effects produced by braces. The bite may be altered also, thereby necessitating removal.
Adjacent Tooth Damage: If the malposed wisdom tooth is causing pocket formation or decay in the adjacent teeth, it is time to get them removed.
Recurrent Sinus Infections: With their proximity to sinuses, there could be constant pain and pressure and infection of the sinuses. This is another indication for their removal.
However, not all wisdom teeth need to be removed. If they have erupted fully, are healthy, produce a good bite, and can be cleaned easily, they do not require removal.
During the teenage years and through 20s, check with your dentist on the health of the wisdom teeth. X-rays can be taken to monitor them and for early identification of problems. If they need to be removed, it is easier to take them out when you're young. The bone surrounding the impacted tooth is less dense, and therefore easier. The ability of the body in general and the jaw bones in particular to heal is also better at a younger age.
The horrible effects of summer heat on the body are fairly well known: sunburn, heat stroke and serious dehydration can be life threatening illnesses. But did you know that paying attention to your oral cavity can tip you off and help prevent the onset of serious injury? Don’t let the summer heat get you down! This week, explore with us how your mouth can serve as a pathway to healthier, safer living in hotter months.
First things first
You know heat stroke (or sun stroke) is bad, but what is it exactly? Heat stroke is usually the result of lengthy exposure to the sun. For various reasons, the body fails to sufficiently sweat, leading to extremely high internal body temperatures. It is a condition that is typically rapid in onset, requiring immediate medical attention. Left untreated, it can result in multiple organ failures.
The Warning Signs
Many warning signs of summer illnesses actually start in the mouth. Though no two patients experience the same constellation of symptoms, many initially report problems with thirst, dry mouth and dry tongue before the onset of more worrisome indicators.
The most important thing you can do to prevent summer heat illnesses is drink plenty of fluids. This is especially true if one has been outdoors working or playing in the sun. Establish a schedule and drink plenty of fluids at regular intervals. You should also be drinking even if you do not feel thirsty or dehydrated. For an extra push, drink solutions like Pedialyte or Gatorade. These help maintain electrolyte balance during extreme heat. Avoid alcohol consumption, as liquor often dehydrates the body and leaves it wanting of critical fluids.
How much is Enough?
During extreme summer heat, you should be drinking at least eight glasses of water a day. But that is not a fixed amount. If you have been outdoors and active, you may need to drink much more. Pay attention to your body to determine how much fluids you should be drinking. Remember, the warnings signs are listed above.