Weight Management Counseling
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Food Plan Preparation
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Child Nutrition Management
Healthy Heart Diet
Weight Management Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Moondra's ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dt. G L Moondra provides answers that are practical and sensible. I do it sprouts daily..a full bowl..do i still need to take vit B supplements
I found the answers provided by the Dr. G L Moondra to be very helpful, knowledgeable, well-reasoned and professional. Tnq sir
Dt. G L Moondra provides answers that are very helpful. I will do make watermelon juice and drink it as you said.thankyou!!!
I found the answers provided by the Dr. G L Moondra to be knowledgeable. Share feedback in your own words...
I found the answers provided by the Dt. G L Moondra to be very helpful. Share feedback in your own words...
Amir Ahmed Siddiqui
I found the answers provided by the Dt. G L Moondra to be very helpful and knowledgeable. Thanku doctor
Dt. G L Moondra provides answers that are very helpful. Share feedback in your own words...
Dt. G L Moondra provides answers that are very helpful. you are right doctor
Dt. G L Moondra provides answers that are caring. I thnk same bt i can't
Charming Health: April 2017
A survey made by National Institute of Ageing (India) a few years ago revealed that fasting for two days every week increases Longevity. Therefore everyone who wants to live long should fast for one or two days every week. The survey was made amongst the people who were fasting without any training. Therefore if fasting is done properly, after learning the right mechanics, even better results can be expected.
To support the above statement a reference can be made to the surveys made during 2008 recession in USA and during the period of Rationing in post world war England. In both cases the population in general had much less to eat because either the people had no money to buy food (USA) or there was no food at all (UK). This resulted in reduction of flab from the bodies of the citizens of both the countries. It is now well established that flab reduction directly means improved health. Thus, whatever may be wrong with those times, they definitely resulted in improvement of health in USA and England.
These studies also established that the people of developed countries were normally eating more than what was good for them. These studies further established that eating more does not mean improved health. On the contrary over eating is proved to be detrimental to health.
The times of scarcity and recession are now over and these same people must have gone back to their old life style accumulating flab on their bodies.
In India also the urban effluent population is growing flabby due to over eating, wrong eating and lack of exercise. Therefore obesity is spreading like an epidemic in all cities of India irrespective of their size and location. This is already causing damage to citizens’ well being and overloading scarce health services. The future looks gloomy because obesity among the children is all the more prevalent now. Surprisingly, although obese but these people are still suffering malnutrition.
Therefore the readers are advised to eat right type and right quantity of food. Lord Krishna in Geeta has advised “Yuktahar”. The very word Yuktahar denotes both, right quality and right quantity.
The question thus naturally arises is what is right quality and how to determine the right quantity.
To answer these questions a very large number of theories have been advanced. The general public is totally confused. They do not know what to believe and what to ignore. Therefore after running from pillar to post, people just quit thinking about it. The health tips in this news letter will attempt to answer, these very questions in a simple logical manner, in just a few, easy to understand sentences. That will help the people at large to understand and follow.
The God given food for humans is Fruits, Vegetables and Dry fruits. Various grains are added to them later. It is therefore better to use them in lesser quantities. The God has also given water and milk to quench thirst and build bodies. Thus these are the foods humans are allowed to eat.
The foods in their natural forms are the best. However, in modern times it is not always possible to use all foods in their natural form. Hence cooking has become essential. In the circumstances cooking of the food should be reduced to minimum. Over cooking, frying and cooking at high temperatures destroy the natural values of the food. Make minimum use of these processes in the kitchen.
The meals must contain a large part of vegetables and fruits. A good part must be in raw form.
Various spices like chilies, garam msalas etc are anti health. Better avoid them.
Intoxicating materials like Tea, Coffee, Tobacco, Coco, Opium products and many other chemical products must be avoided. Similarly preservatives, colors, flavors etc., added to the market foods are good for manufacturers and traders only. These things do not add any value to food.
The human body is not designed for Non Vegetarian foods. Their nails, teeth, digestive system, and very instinct are not made suitable for such foods. It is best to avoid them.
The total quantity of food should be such that the body shape remains in proportion. That means:
The waist should be not more than 90% of chest. The ideal is 75% or less.
The thighs should be 66% of the waist.
The measurements of neck, upper arm and calf should be nearly equal.
The circumferences of Chest and Hips should be almost equal.
The modern scientists recommend the use of BMI (Body Mass Index). To calculate it, find the weight in Kilograms and height in Meters. Now divide the weight by square of the height. The answer is the BMI. Ideally BMI should be around 25 for adult males and 21 for adult females. As the age advances beyond 50 it should be still lower. Regulate the quantity of food in such a way that the BMI is maintained.
There is an easier way also. Ensure that the circumference of the waist remains less than half of the height of the body.
I am having hormonal imbalance I think as I am getting pimples, headache, irritations. May be due to post delivery. My baby is now 1 n half years old. Suggest me something which I should go for.
Hi. Previously I asked about my problem of planter fictitious. For this I met a ayurvedic Dr. He told me that I hav a problem of blood heat. He gave me a list of food vegetables which are comes in cold nature. But with this he took my blood from my feet veins approximately a full of mid size katori. I dnt understand this .after that I feel very pain in my feet. He prescribed me fr 15 days medicine. Aftr 15 days he will repeat the process. please suggest me what should I do. Is this a right way to procure planter fictitious?
There are some scars in my face after getting relief from chicken pox. How to get clear skin without a single scars I am already using calapure A. How long it will take to get away from scars. It's already 1 1/2 months over.
Beautiful eyes speak a thousand words. They play a pivotal role in shaping up your overall personality. Your eyes can make or break things in life. But appearance of dark patches under eyes may play a spoilsport. They foil the beauty of your innocent eyes. It is not just lack of sleep or rest that causes these unwanted dark circles. Researchers have found out that a number of factors are responsible for under eye dark circles. Here are the common reasons behind dark circles:
- Aging: There are numerous blood vessels passing through the under eye region. As blood cells get clogged in these vessels, they give a blue black tinge to the region. Aging leads to the thinning of the skin under the eye. This makes the blood vessels more prominent and appears as dark circles.
- Hereditary factors: You can sometimes blame the bad genes for occurrence of dark circles. Nutritional deficiency: If you are not taking balanced diet, you may end up developing dark circles. Your body must get adequate supply of vitamins A, C, K and E to prevent dark circles.
- Insufficient Sleep: Lack of proper rest and sleep turns the skin under the eyes pale. Therefore, the blood in the veins becomes more prominent, causing dark circles.
- Smoking and alcohol: The intake of alcohol or indulging in smoking can lead to dehydration of the body and thus lead to dark circles.
- Long hours under the sun: Your skin under the eyes gets damaged by the UV rays from sunlight. Moreover, spending long hours under sun triggers the excess production of melanin pigment. This gives a darker shade to the region beneath your eyes.
- Pregnancy and menstruation: A woman's skin is largely affected by the hormonal influences at the time of pregnancy or menstruation. The hormonal changes during these periods lead to darkening of the under-eye area
- Diseases: Researchers have found that certain diseases linked to the liver or anaemia often causes dark circles under the eye.
- Allergies: The colour of the under eye region often changes due to certain allergic reactions and subsequent scratching or rubbing of the area.
A holistic approach to remove dark circles combines chemical peels, microcurrent therapy and homecare solutions. Chemical peels break apart the dead cell layer and bring fresher skin to the surface, reducing pigmentation around the eyes. Microcurrent makes the under-eye area firmer while also supplying it with additional hydration. To maximize these results, a customized homecare regime is drawn up to suit your skin's specific needs.
Further, under guidance of a Cosmetic physician or dermatologist, changes in lifestyle and homecare regime ensure that you enjoy long-lasting results. With this approach, your eyes lose their tired look and are completely refreshed. This effectively reduces pigmentation around eyes and ensures that your eyes remain sparkling fresh as long as you want. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Last week I had lbrandy for two days and continues 2 days I had spicy non veg foods last saturday my motion was tight and given pressure to release I travelled by car whole evening. At evening I gone for toilet n motion was not complete fully and lot of pain that area I had an ayurvedic drink to clear that whole night iit was paining. By mrng at last motion cleared little bit relax but day time again pain from an ayurvedic doctor I took a medicine which relaxed my pain. Now my pain s relieved but from tuesday no proper motion. Some times after sitting on my buttock after standing up there will be an urge to go for toilet but no motion.
I'm 20 years old and I started jogging from 22 days before. I heard cracking sound when I try to sit down and its repeating. Same thing is happening when I do squats and now I'm getting a little pain feeling. I jog on tar road daily. Could you please tell me is there any problem? And please give me some suggestions.
Hi doc. Whenever I suffer from cold on third day in the morning there is little blood in my cough and that is only a one time just after I wake up. Is this is a serious problem or common issue?
Hello Dr. My question is my face is not glowing my face is fair but not glowing what to do for glowing face whenever I go party or any function my face not look glowing what should I eat for glowing face and what I use on face for increasing the glow?
Charming Health - March 2017
- Importance of immunity cannot be under played under any circumstances.
- It is immunity which protects humans against all ailments.
- However, unfortunately it is going down due to pollution, wrong food habits, and misuse of antibiotics.
- It is now proved that immunity levels can be improved by several methods, namely Exercise, Right food habits, Scientific Fasting etc.
- Among all of them Fasting is definitely the most important and effective tool.
- One good occasion for fasting the Navaratry period. Celebrate it as Health Festival. This News letter has suggested the ritual to be followed, every time the Navaratry is around.
- The Vasant Navaratry this year is commencing from 28th March 2017.
- For the convenience of new members and for those who might have forgotten, the ritual is being again repeated in this News Letter under Health Tips. Follow it and prepare to protect against ailments lurking round the corner to attack, as soon as the Summer and Monsoon seasons arrive.
Observe Navaratry as suggested below:
NAVRATRI HEALTH TIPS:
DIET DURING NAVARATRY:
Depending upon the personal body constitution the procedure is divided in 4 Sections as follows:
A. Obese and Non Diabetic: Just stop all foods and start on plain Water or Lime water or Coconut water. Use a mix of these, for first seven days. Change to Fresh Fruit Juice or sugarless Juice, for two remaining days. On the tenth day take a light meal and then gradually come back to normal food in 2-3 days time. (Expected Weight Loss, 4-5 Kgs)
B. Obese and Diabetic: Stop all food. Start on Fresh or Sugarless Fruit Juice, preferably citrus, for all nine days. Divide the fruit juice in 4-5 equal parts. Take a light meal on tenth day. Come to normal food in 2-3 days time. (Expected Weight Loss, 3-4 kgs)
C. Normal constitution: Stop all normal food. For first three days take nothing but water, lemon water or coconut water. From the fourth day onwards start on Fresh or Sugarless Fruit Juice. Take a light meal on tenth day. Come to normal food in 2-3 days time. (Expected Weight loss, 2-3 Kgs)
D. Under weight and first timers: Stop Normal Food. Start on 4 to 5 Medium Bananas and one liter of pasteurized cow milk. Divide this food in three or four parts. Continue for nine days. Take a light meal on tenth day. Come to normal food in 2-3 days time. (Expected weight Loss, Nil)
Other parts of the Therapy, (For all four sections):
- Take fresh water Enema every day. (Arrangement available at the Charming Yoga Center). Alternatively, buy the kit from the center and take enema at home- Training is provided free. For those who cannot take enema, take a big cup of Spinach soup every day. Though less effective, it is the best alternative.
- Under no circumstances, consume any fried food, or spicy food.
- Do not eat any so called Phalahri foods prepared from Kattu, Singhara/Rajgira Atta, Saboodana etc. Do not eat sweets made from milk or above mentioned attas.
- Drink lots of water. Total fluid intake should be about 3 liters per day.
- Do not stop your Normal Exercises or other Physical activities. Those who devote long hours on Pujas etc., and find no time for exercise, should add 40 minutes of walking every day.
- Those who chant sacred texts like Chandi Path or Durga Shapt Shati etc., sometimes feel drowsy during the chanting. They may, therefore, do their chanting along with walking. This will help chanting without getting drowsy. As a bonus, they will be bestowed with a healthier body.
- Those who cannot follow the whole course may do so for lesser number of days and increase gradually in subsequent Navaratry periods.
- The first timers and others should remain in a positive mood.
- Keep away from discouraging words and worried long faces.
These steps will definitely improve the immunity levels. And better immunity will help everyone remain healthy and active.
Let Maa Durga bestow good health upon all the readers.
- The winter is now gone.
- Vasant the king of all seasons is here.
- Be careful of Mosquito which are now already visible.
- Although the peak season of fruits and vegetables is going some summer fruits will replace them soon.
- Grapes are already here. Kinnows and Oranges are in plenty. The humble Melons and Water Melons are also ready to appear.
- Even the Ber is a fruit, full of nutrients. Do not ignore it.
- Bati is a popular food item in west Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh. In eastern India its other version, Litti is equally popular.
- In the past bati was baked upon half burnt cow dung cakes.
- It was a cumbersome process. Therefore though popular, it was a rarity.
- It can now be made in a much easier way.
- Prepare hard Dough from whole wheat atta and roll in round balls of the size of big lemons.
- Boil them in a pressure cooker for about 10 minutes.
- Then grill them in an oven till the colour changes to slight brown. Frequent turning them during baking is very important so that baties are evenly baked all around.
- For those who can eat fats may break the bati and sink it in ghee. Others can just roll them in ghee without breaking.
- Eat with any dal of choice.
- It is also possible to stuff the baties with mashed Potato, or Paneer, or Tofu etc.
- Baties can also be finely crushed and mixed with Gur and ghee.
- Prepared this way, baties are not only delicious but are also very healthy.
- Some people fry the dough balls. This must be avoided because frying destroys all nutritional values of wheat, otherwise available in Baties.
ADOPT NATUROPATHY FOR PERPETUAL GOOD HEALTH
IMPORTANT NOTE: This News Letter is being sent to you free of any cost or obligation. If you feel that your Friends/Relatives/Neighbors etc. can benefit from this News Letter, kindly provide their E-Mail addresses. If however you feel that this is an unnecessary encroachment upon your inbox, you can send a mail to the editor and it will be stopped.
Constipation is the most widely found problem of mankind. Almost the largest number of drugs, are available for the problem and largest sums of money are spent by people to get rid of it. Even then the medical science does not recognise it as a serious disease.
To some extent they are correct. Constipation is not a disease as such, it is merely a condition but it can be responsible for attacks of almost all diseases which are effecting the humans. Unfortunately it is also spreading wildly as the civilization is spreading and eating refined foods is becoming fashionable. Many drugs also cause constipation. If so the prescribing doctor should be immediately contacted for change of the prescription.
The present treatment of the condition is drugs of three different types.
B) Bulk forming
Lubricating drugs include various oils, milk of magnesia etc. These drugs lubricate the elementary canal and/or lubricate the faeces and thus facilitate the movement. These are the least damaging type of drugs. Yet they can make even undigested foods to pass through the system or cause diarrhoea.
Bulk forming drugs include isabgol, rice bran etc. When the bulk is increased the faeces move and are expelled faster. It should be remembered that these are just substitutes for the fibre which is lost during various processes adopted in kitchens. It is clearly foolishness to first throw away the natural fibre and replace it by purchasing substitutes from the market. Further rejected natural fibre carries away several essential nutrients with them, which are not replaced by the additives.
The agitating type drugs include several herbs and chemicals which are not acceptable to the system and therefore the system works extra harder to get rid of them. These ultimately tire out the system and weaken it. The weakened system requires more powerful drugs and the endless race starts. Thus this category causes maximum harm to the digestive system.
It is now obvious that all the above drugs are not the cure for constipation. These have only a onetime effect and can harm the system.
In fact the cure for constipation lies in life style itself. To get rid of it one should follow the following advice:
- Avoid refined foods.
- Eat maximum foods in raw form.
- Eat lots of salads and fruits so that there is enough fibre in the food.
- Avoid refined flour (Maida), polished rice etc.
- Do some regular exercise so that the body, including gut is in good health.
- Eat sprouted boiled pulses instead of pulses available in the market.
- Do not peel all those vegetables which can be used without peeling. Even if peeling is absolutely necessary do by minimum possible.
- Drink sufficient water. (Humans need about 3 litres of water every day).
- Try discharge faeces twice a day-Morning and Evening.
- Never ignore an urge. Attend to it as early as possible.
Even then sometimes the faeces become dry and hard. In all such cases instead of applying pressure it is better to take a plain water enema (Douche). It is totally harmless, does not form habit, and convenient to take. It is very important to get rid of constipation. Since constipation is the main cause of several diseases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a yoga-and-naturopathy.