Doctor in Dr Mirdula Sharma's Clinic
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr Mirdula Sharma's ClinicYour feedback matters!
The colon is a part of the digestive system of your body, which extracts the vitamins, nutrients, water and salt from the indigestible food. This helps in getting rid of solid waste from your body. Now, you may wonder why colon cleansing is necessary. It is required when there is some disorder in the normal colon function, such as when the colon absorbs the toxins in place of removing them from your body, you may experience colon problems. These results in syndromes like gaining weight, fatigue, lack of energy, constipation, bloating and many more.
Cleaning the colon in a natural way is one of the earliest processes by which you can get a normal colon. This process is also called autointoxication. There are some ways by which you can go for natural colon cleansing.
- One of the easiest and best ways for colon cleansing is drinking plenty of water. Regular intake of water will keep your body hydrated and the body organs functioning. It will also help your body to get rid of various toxins.
- Intake of apple juice is yet another process of colon cleansing. Apple juice normalises your bowel movements and keeps your liver fit. It keeps the digestive system functioning as well. One glass of raw apple juice followed by one glass of water half an hour later works best for colon cleansing.
- Lemon juice with a high amount of vitamin C is excellent for the digestive system. A glass of warm water mixed with lemon juice and honey keeps your liver, colon and the entire digestive system fit and fine.
- Stay away from fried and processed food for a couple of days. It is better if you drink fresh vegetable juice for a number of times in a day. Green and leafy vegetables remove toxins from your body. They have high amount of minerals and enzymes which provides energy to your body.
- Yogurt is your best companion when it comes to colon cleansing. It contains some bacteria, which are good for your body and helps accelerate the digestion process. It is one of the best way by which you can cure every stomach and digestion-related problems.
Any kind of dysfunction points to the issues experienced during any stage of the cycle of physical issue that prevents the participants from experiencing any kind of satisfaction from the intimate activities. Though the researches imply that sexual problems are common all across the globe; 43% of women along with 31% of men are affected by some sort of dysfunction; however, it is something that most people are hesitant to talk about. But thankfully enough, most cases of sexual problems can be effectively treated, and can be prevented from occurring again, by sharing your concerns with a qualified doctor. You should consider visiting the doctor along with your partner.
What leads to sexual problems?
Sexual problems can be caused either due to physical or psychological reasons. Many medications and clinical conditions can cause a variety of sexual dysfunctions, and these physical conditions include heart and vascular disease, high levels of blood sugar and blood pressure, any kind of neurological disorder, chronic diseases of the kidneys, liver and lungs, and hormonal imbalances. In addition to this, the side effects stemming from any medicine, including antidepressant drugs, can cast a harmful impact on the sexual desire and its normal functioning. On the other hand, psychological causes refer to the stress caused due to work pressures, anxiety, depression, excessive concern about sexual performance, feelings of guilt, and relationship problems.
What are the common sexual problems?
What leads to sexual problems can cause a wide variety of issues in both men and women. While erectile dysfunction is most commonly found in men, vaginal dryness is the most common issue in women. Sexual dysfunction can take a variety of forms, and it is not plainly confined to the dysfunction or simple disinterest in sex, which is commonly termed as lack of sex drive. It can also involve pain while having sex or an inability to maintain the erection or experiencing pain while getting an orgasm. There are some people who experience excruciating pain during intercourse, which is often accompanied with a burning sensation.
All couples have the right to enjoy a happy and healthy sex life, which can be considered a crucial aspect of any relationship. So, if you are having any kind of difficulty that is interrupting your lovemaking, it is imperative to speak with your doctor to get the right diagnosis, and discuss openly with your partner to find out the ideal solution of your sexual problems.
Piles, Pilonidal sinus and fissures are all ano-rectal diseases which cause tremendous pain and discomfort. Anal fissure or anal fistula is also popularly called fissure-in-ano. It is a disorder in which a tear develops in the skin which lines the anal opening.
Causes of anal fistula-
- Hard, dry movement of the bowels
- Severe constipation
- Chronic diarrhoea which causes excessive friction in the anal area
Symptoms of anal fistula-
- Pain during passage of stool
- Bleeding during bowel movement
- Discomfort during passage of stool including cramps
- Issues while passing urine
- Itchiness in the anal area
Kshar Sutra Treatment for Anal Fissures:
Anal fistula is quite painful and is often wrongly diagnosed as piles. This makes the treatment even more time consuming and less effective. Allopathic treatment involves surgery and drying of the wound. The chances of re-appearance of fissures are high in case of surgery. Ayurveda provides a less painful and more effective cure for fistula. Ayurveda has prescribed kshar sutra treatment for different ano-rectal disorders including anal fissures.
How does kshar sutra treatment work?
Kshar sutra is a para-surgical treatment in which a medicinal thread is used to not only remove the infection but also to heal the wound by promoting growth of healthy tissues. Ayurvedic Kshar sutra treatment for fistula includes the following steps-
- Preparation of the Kshar sutra or the medicinal thread by coating it with medicinal herbs.
- Physical examination of the fistula to identify its location and extent.
- A small cut or incision is made through which the medical thread is introduced into the problem area.
- The medicine on the thread heals the infection and promotes growth of healthy cells.
Ayurveda promotes an all round treatment of the disorder to prevent its reoccurrence. Fissures can be easily cured using kshar sutra. But, along with it, Ayurveda also suggests a healthy, wholesome diet to make the passage of stool easier and pain free.
Infertility refers to being able to get pregnant after one year of trying. Women who can get pregnant but are unable to stay pregnant are also termed as infertile. Ovulatory disorders are one of the most common reasons why women are unable to conceive and is presen in 30% of women suffering from infertility.
- Hormonal problems: Ovulation is linked with a complex balance of hormones and any disruption in the process can hinder ovulation. The disruption includes the fact that the ovaries are not producing normal follicles in which the eggs can mature. Ovulation is rare if the eggs are immature and there are no chances of fertilization. Polycystic ovary syndrome is the most common disorder responsible for infertility. Malfunction of the hypothalamus leading to failure in triggering hormonal stimulus to ovaries for egg maturation leading to immature eggs and ovarian failure. Malfunction of the pituitary gland leading to imbalance in hormonal secretion thus causing disturbance in ovulation. This can occur due to physical injury, a tumour or a chemical imbalance in the pituitary.
- Scarred ovaries: Ovulation failure can also be due to a physical damage to the ovaries. Invasive surgeries involving ovarian cysts leads to damaging or scarring of capsule of the ovary to become due to which follicles cannot mature leading to disruption of ovulation.
- Premature menopause: Early menopause or premature menopause before the normal age means that the natural supply of eggs has been depleted. This is most common in extremely athletic women with a history of low body weight and extensive exercise.
- Follicle problems: Infertility is also caused due to non-ruptured follicle syndrome in which women who produce a normal follicle, with an egg inside of it, every month but the follicle fails to rupture. This leads to disruption of ovulation as the egg remains inside the ovary.
- Others: Treating female infertility by chemotherapy is next to premature ovarian failure by loss of primordial follicles. Sexually transmitted infections are a leading cause of infertility. Tobacco smoking is detrimental to the ovaries and the amount of damage is dependent upon the amount and length of time of exposure of smoke in the environment. Nicotine in cigarettes interfere with the body’s ability to create oestrogen, a hormone that regulates ovulation. In addition, blocked fallopian tubes due to pelvic inflammatory disease or surgery for an ectopic pregnancy also causes infertility. Infertility can also be due to physical problems with the uterus or fibroids of uterus where non-cancerous clumps of tissue and muscle on the walls of the uterus.
Nature calls are to be attended to, no doubt, but when it is a fart, most feel embarrassed. On an average, humans fart fourteen times a day which they generally either control or excuse themselves, but helpless when the farts come out at night.
People may seek medications to control farts, but the reality is that these medications do not work. Many people also consider using butt strips which are said to open up the anal canal, but they are extremely dangerous as they can pave the way for anal inflammation and may lead to severe health complications.
What causes night farts?
During sleep, the body relaxes entirely, and it lets go of all its tensions, and one of the ways it does this is by releasing farts. The reason behind regular farts is consumption of air while eating foods. This air comprises of different types of gases, which reacts with the other gases during the process of chemical breakdown and digestion. Since the gases cannot rest inside the body, they come out in the form of farts. People tend to fart while asleep because all the muscles relax during sleep and the pubococcygeus muscle is no exception to this. Though it is a common health problem and can create a lot of issues in the personal life.
How to get rid of excessive farting during the night?
- Diet: Diet plays a critical part in determining how much gas is formed inside our bellies. There are some foods which are known for causing more gas than others including prunes, peas, broccoli, onions, garlic, bananas, leafy vegetables like cabbages, and various fried foods. All of these foods contain high level of fiber, which causes flatulence levels to skyrocket. If you are lactose intolerant, then dairy products are bound to cause more gas in your tummy which is expelled at night. Eating right before going to the bed leads to the excessive stimulation of the digestive system which causes the gas to come out through the rear end. You should try to quit eating any solid foods at least four hours before sleep.
- Do not hold your fart: Another important tip to reduce night farts is to fart through the day. Even though this may sound absurd, many people tend to hold their farts because of their shame without understanding that it may lead to health issues.
- Do not sleep on your stomach: If you are already suffering from night farts, you should avoid sleeping on your belly. This position would invariably press the gases and compel them to come out.
- Plenty of water helps: It may sound like a no-brainer, but drinking an adequate amount of water throughout the day will not just eliminate the bacteria, but also reduce the problem of night farts but settling down the gases.
Farts, though embarrassing, are common. Following the tips mentioned can help you get rid of them. If you can’t, don’t bother. Just let go!
A menstrual cup is a flexible cup designed out of medical grade silicone or rubber, which can be inserted inside the vagina. It is not used for absorbing blood; rather it collects the menstrual blood.
Advantages of menstrual cups over tampons
- Tampons are disposable. Menstrual cups can be cleaned, rinsed and reused.
- Need not be changed after every few hours. One can go without changing a menstrual cup for more than 12 hours.
- Easier to use compared to a tampon. The insertion is smoother and it is generally not very uncomfortable if insertion is done correctly.
- The menstrual cups need not be replaced frequently. Tampons however are needed in large numbers every month.
- Tampons absorb almost all the vaginal fluid, leaving it dry and prone to irritation. Menstrual cups on the other hand, leave the beneficial bacteria in place and maintain vaginal pH.
- Menstrual cups help prevent menstrual odours as it is present internally.
Reasons why you should use menstrual cups
Menstrual cups rarely cause allergic reactions, unlike tampons. One menstrual cup lasts an entire day, month and even years. They are also the most environment friendly choice as there is no need to dispose them after every use. They prevent staining, leakage and do not increase muscle cramps. There is no risk of TSS (Toxic Shock Syndrome) from menstrual cups, which is a major risk from leaving tampons inside the body for too many hours. Menstrual cups are also helpful if you are a swimmer. They don’t make things difficult for you at all. Menstrual cups are made from 100% medically approved silicone and not cotton or rayon. If you are unable to use tampons, you may choose menstrual cups as the insertion is generally smoother. However, it completely depends on individual preference. Menstrual cups also reduce the bulk of having to carry like sanitary napkins during travel, and urgent needs to change. Thus it makes a long journey worry free. No matter what protective measures you take, remember to be comfortable. Try and maintain a diet rich in nutrients, that can help regulate the blood flow and prevent painful blood clots. Also, it is important to remain physically active to prevent muscle cramps and back pain.
Pregnancy is a stage which needs to be cautiously enjoyed by all expectant mothers. The word ‘cautiously’ is used and stressed upon by medical practitioners because it is a period where two lives are at stake i.e the mother’s and the baby’s. Both their health and nutrition are of the utmost importance during this stage. In the third trimester, which includes the seventh, eighth and ninth month, when the delivery date is knocking on your doorstep, you should be more cautious than ever.
Some of the precautions to be taken during these months are listed below.
- By this time, the essential features of the baby, such as hands and legs are fully developed. In fact, the baby might just start moving and should be given some space. Thus, expectant women must be watchful of the weight they carry. At no cost must their spine be injured or hurt. This can be disastrous for both the mother and the baby.
- It is best to avoid stairs, if possible and certainly use the elevator for higher floors. In case you have to take the stairs, then holding the railings would give you the support you need. For physical exercises, you can go for a walk or just practice simple breathing exercises to keep you active.
- Extra sleep is required during this month; and that too on the left side. Sleeping on the right side should be avoided. This helps in smooth blood circulation.
- This month is crucial for the baby as it is nearing delivery. As an expectant mother you should be able to understand the signs your body gives you. It is best to avoid heavy weight lifting and too much of work. You should drink lots of water and keep yourself hydrated all the time.
- Avoid dust, animal excretes and stale food is important as it might hinder the brain development of the unborn child.
- Overeating should be avoided.
- You must take a break from household chores.
- Exercises must be continued under supervision.
- Fish must be avoided as at times they contain mercury which is not good for the unborn baby.
- Travelling is a strict no-no during this month.
- You must decide on the process of the delivery—natural or C-section beforehand.
- Going for regular check-ups is mandatory.
These are some of the precautions which must be taken during the last three months of your pregnancy. It would ensure the good health and well-being of your baby as well as your own.
A mother’s milk is said to be the most nutritious food for a new born baby. It contains the perfect balance of carbohydrates, fats, proteins, vitamins and minerals needed for your baby and changes to keep up with your baby’s growing needs. However, the benefits of breastfeeding extend way beyond nutritional value. Breastfeeding is beneficial for both you and your baby. Ideally, a baby should be breastfed for at least the first six months.
Here are 5 major benefits of breastfeeding.
- Stronger immunity: Mother’s milk is rich in antibodies and a number of unique compounds that help the newborn child’s body fight bacterial and viral infections. No other form of baby food is as rich in these antibodies. Babies who have been breastfed have a lower risk of suffering from ailments such as ear infection, stomach upsets and respiratory problems. The first milk expressed by a woman’s breasts after giving birth is known as colostrums. This milk coats the baby’s digestive system and prevents the growth of harmful bacteria.
- Fewer allergies: Breast milk is easier to digest than formula or cow’s milk. This protects the gastrointestinal passages from inflammation and prevents undigested food from triggering allergic reactions. Being breastfed can also reduce the number of allergies a child may suffer from in their later years.
- Healthy body weight: Breastfeeding makes a child less likely to suffer from obesity in their later childhood and adult years. This is because breast milk contains less insulin and more hormones as compared to formula. This helps regulate fat absorption. On an average, babied fed on formula put on weight quickly and are more likely to overeat in their later years.
- Stronger bones: Breastfeeding is beneficial for both the child and the mother. When a woman is breastfeeding her child, her body’s ability to absorb calcium increases. This helps increase bone density, especially as pregnancy can make bones weak.
- Builds a strong mother-child bond: After 9 months of carrying a child to term, giving birth may lead to post partum depression and a mother may feel the connection between her and the child severed. Breastfeeding helps nurture this connection and provides emotional relief to both the mother and child. For the mother, this experience releases hormones that reduce stress and relax the body. For the baby, close physical contact is very important and this process provides the perfect opportunity to do so.
Salpingitis:- Infection / Inflammation of the fallopian tube is called salpingitis. It is the type of pelvic inflammatory disease (PID).
Causes:- Salpingitis usually results in form-
1. Ascending infection from the uterus, cervix, and vagina-
• pyogenic organism such as streptococcus, staphylococcus, peptococcus.
• sexually transmitted infections (stis).
2. Direct spread from the adjacent infection- one or both the tubes are affected in appendicitis, diverticulitis, or following pelvic peritonitis.
Types:- Salpingitis is usually categorized as either acute or chronic-
1. In acute salpingitis, the fallopian tubes become red and swollen and secrete extra fluid so that the inner walls of the tubes often stick together. The tubes may also stick to nearby structures such as the intestines. Sometimes, a fallopian tube may fill and bloat with pus. In rare cases, the tube ruptures and causes a dangerous infection of the abdominal cavity (peritonitis).
2. Chronic salpingitis usually follows an acute attack. The infection is milder, longer lasting and may not produce many noticeable symptoms.
Symptoms:- Not every woman who gets this condition will experience symptoms-
When symptoms are present, you may experience:
▪ Foul-smelling vaginal discharge
▪ Yellow vaginal discharge
▪ Pain during ovulation, menstruation, or coitus.
▪ Spotting between periods
▪ Dull lower back pain
▪ Abdominal pain
▪ Frequent urination
1. General examination - to check for localized tenderness and enlarged lymph glands
2. Blood and urine tests - these tests will look for markers of infection.
3. Swab test - this will determine the type of bacterial infection you may have.
4. Transvaginal and abdominal ultrasonography- these imaging tests look at your fallopian tubes and other areas of your reproductive tract.
5. Hysterosalpingogram - this is a special type of x-ray that uses an iodine-based dye injected through the cervix. It helps your doctor look for blockages in your fallopian tubes.
6. Laparoscopy - in some cases, your doctor may recommend a diagnostic laparoscopy.
Complications:- The following may happen:-
1. Formation of the tubo-ovarian cyst.
3. Infection from the gut.
4. Rupture of tubes.
5. The spread of infection to other areas of the body, including the uterus and ovaries.
5. Long-term pelvic and abdominal pain.
6. Tubal scarring, adhesions, and blockages, which can lead to infertility.
7. Abscesses in the fallopian tubes.
8. Ectopic pregnancy.
General Treatment:- Treatment depends on the severity of the condition, but may include:
1. Antibiotics - to kill the infection, which is successful in around 85 percent of cases.
2. Hospitalization - including intravenous administration of antibiotics.
3. Surgery - if the condition resists drug treatment.
Homeopathic remedies for salpingitis are Cimcifuga racemosa, lachesis, merc. Sol, pulsatilla, platina, sepia, silicea, selenium met.
The main reason behind indigestion is stress due to which relapses occur -
* Do exercise 5 days/week for 40 min (including breathing exercises).
* Discuss about your problems with doctor or friends or family members.
* Stop overthinking and live happily.
* Never drink water after meals atleast for 40 min.
* Always drink water with sips.