Weight Management Counseling
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Food Plan Preparation
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Child Nutrition Management
Healthy Heart Diet
Weight Management Treatment
Sugar addiction is basically a relentless sugar craving that is triggered in the brain due to mental hunger or an inherent sweet tooth. Yet, excessive sugar is not a good thing in the long run. It can lead to diabetes and various other issues like high cholesterol, hypertension, and obesity. Also, people whose grandparents have suffered from diabetes need to be especially careful of such sweet cravings as it may trigger the same problem in them too. So how can you cut sugar out of your life? Here's a list of tips.
- Detox or Gradual Scaling Down: While many people are in favour of gradually scaling down your sugar intake and slowly cutting it out of your life in a matter of weeks and months, there are experts who believe in stopping intake of it. A clean break from sugar is said to have a beneficial detox like effect on the brain and body. Many experts recommend cutting sugar out of your life in one clean swipe.
- Replacements: Using other substances like honey or even extracts from the Stevia plant are known to be a good replacement plan for cutting down your sugar addiction. You can start by introducing your system to these replacements in your daily beverages like tea, coffee or lemonade, before moving on to the use of organic honey for desserts and baking, as well as other sugar-free desserts and puddings.
- Fruits: The best way to get your sugar indulgence fixed is to have a good dose of fruit. This can help in giving you a good amount of dietary sugars which are natural and do not harm the body in the long run. Also, fruits are a healthy way of ingesting sugar even as you get valuable nutrients, vitamins and mineral - one arrow, many targets!
- Clean Up: Take a walk around your home and find all those secret candy stashes. Also, look for your dessert and pudding trays in the fridge. Now take all this out and give them away or trash them. Once you remove the option of snacking on sugary treats, you will be in a better place to avoid it altogether.
- Magnesium: Your chocolate craving might actually be a call for magnesium that your body is missing out on. Similarly, a mental hunger pang may actually be a need for water or some solid food. Avoid the sugary rush and take the healthy route instead, with the help of nuts and dairy.
Controlling your sugar addiction can save you from various ailments even as it gives you a healthier lifestyle.
Eating healthy is a key to an active life. It sometimes becomes difficult to choose a particular diet plan as you are not too sure about what to eat that will help you lose weight. The best way to lose weight is to eat natural foods which help in maintaining your waistline than processed foods which promise the same. Following is a list of 7 very basic natural foods which help you lose weight and also takes care of your health:
- Broccoli - Broccoli is one of the most effective foods which can help you lose weight. It contains several micronutrients and phytochemicals which aid in weight loss by breaking down fats. Broccoli is rich in dietary fiber, minerals, and vitamins and low in calories and yet satisfies your hunger. You can eat it raw, cooked or as a healthy snack. Add this green vegetable to your regular diet and hasten your weight loss process.
- Oats - Oats is a healthy addition to your diet as it high on nutrients and fiber. You should include it in the regular diet for at least 4 times a week if you want to lose weight. You can customize your serving to add more nutritional value to your meal. Avoid sugary toppings as they are high in calories and do not promote weight loss. Do not consume oats with added flavors or any other synthetic ingredients.
- Apples - Apples are low in calories and rich in fiber. It is a perfect snack which is sweet and satisfying at the same time. It not only helps you to lose weight but also effectively controls your blood cholesterol. Apples contain antioxidants which have a lot of health benefits other than aiding weight loss. Fresh apples are considered to be even more effective in this regard.
- Cabbage - Cabbage contains only 17 calories in a serving and is one of the best foods for weight loss. You can cook it in olive oil and season it with herbs and add it to your regular diet. Cabbage also helps fight cancer among its other beneficial qualities. It reduces your calorie intake and also satisfies your appetite. It also acts as a natural detox and works wonders for your overall health.
- Black beans - Black beans are one of the most satisfying proteins which you can consume during weight loss. They are rich in fiber and protein and keep you full for a long time. They contain soluble fiber which helps you fight cholesterol problems. The insoluble fiber in black beans maintains your digestive system and regulates the bowels.
- Fruit yogurt - You can see visible results if you cut down your overall calorie intake and supplement it with yogurt in your regular diet. The calcium in yogurt restricts the production of cortisol and controls your appetite. Yogurt also contains amino acids which contribute in burning fat. You can add fruits like blueberry or aloe vera to your yogurt to make it a tastier and healthier snack.
- Whole bean salad - Whole bean salad is simple to prepare and is a very healthy snack. It is filling and keeps your hunger pangs at bay. You can put bell peppers and sweet corn to add flavors and toss it in olive oil to keep it healthy.
Related Tip: 4 Simple ways to lose your baby weight naturally?
Let's start with an interesting fact: all types of tea, be it green or black, comes from the same plant, Camellia sinensis. The difference only lies in processing and oxidation. So how can one be better than the other you ask? Let's find out.
1. Fluoride content
When it comes to fluoride content both green and black teas score high, while milk tea sadly loses out. Green and black teas are good for your teeth and bones, although black tea has higher fluoride content (0.2-0.5mg as compared to 0.3-0.4mg in green tea). Its best to have your black tea with tap water as it increases the fluoride content up to 0.9mg.
2. Antioxidant content
Yet again green tea and black both have high antioxidant content that helps in preventing cancer, but green is the clear winner over. Milk tea loses again as the milk in it effects the absorption of these antioxidants by your body. Green tea is enriched with a particular type of catechin (flavonoid) called EGCG, which regulates gene activity in cancer cells, and may even prevent cancer growth.
3. Caffeine Content
Both black and green teas have different amounts of caffeine in them. Green tea has lesser caffeine content than black tea- 9-50mg/cup in comparison to 42-17mg/cup. So if you want to have an energetic morning then black tea is the one for you, but if you want to relax your blood vessels and just enjoy a soothing drink, choose green tea. Milk tea unfortunately does not have a calming or an energising effect.
Benefits for your heart:
Black tea is probably the healthier option if you want to derive cardiovascular benefits from your daily cuppa. While green tea has abundant EGCG which creates a lining along your blood vessels to reduce stress, black tea offers more benefits. Black tea can improve the function of your blood vessels if you suffer from coronary artery disease. Apart from that, both can lower the levels of harmful cholesterol. There's no evidence that supports that milk tea can be beneficial for your heart.
So in the end it's your call to choose black or green tea, whichever works best for you. Try avoiding milk tea as the milk steals away the essential health benefits of tea. Just remember to have no more than 10 cups of green tea a day, and no more than 4 cups of black.