Doctor in Smile Studio
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Smile StudioYour feedback matters!
She is frank, wise and knowledgeable.
Hi I am just 24 years male, but my weight is 98 kg, hight 167. 0 cm how to me weight loss, pls help me, I want you r suggestions.
Diabetes is one of the most common problems that are caused by obesity, unhealthy and inactive lifestyle. It is a metabolic disorder in which the body is unable to store and use energy from food. Being physically inactive and eating unhealthy food are primary causes of diabetes. It is a long term condition which causes high or unstable blood sugar levels in the body.
When a patient suffers from low blood sugar it is called Hypoglycemia, and if the blood sugar levels are too high, it is called Hyperglycemia. Both are extremely harmful for a patient.
Type 1 and Type 2 and Gestational Diabetes-
In Type 1 diabetes, the body does not produce insulin. The condition has no known cure and is usually hereditary in nature. Approximately 10% of those suffering from diabetes have Type 1 diabetes. Patients with Type 1 diabetes have to take regular medication, including insulin injections as well as take care of their diet.
Type 2 diabetes happens when the body does not produce enough insulin for its proper functioning. 90% of all diabetic people suffer from Type 2 diabetes. It is usually caused by poor lifestyle choices, like physical inactivity and unhealthy food habits. The disease lasts a lifetime and is usually progressive in nature, but can be managed by taking regular medication, choosing an active lifestyle and maintaining proper body weight.
Diabetes during pregnancy is known as gestational diabetes. This has to be managed by taking medication or in extreme cases insulin shots. If undetected or untreated, gestational diabetes increases complications during childbirth, and causes unusual weight gain in the baby. However, gestational diabetes usually ends after the baby is born and women can go back to their normal lifestyle and eating habits post delivery.
Symptoms of Diabetes-
- Frequent urination
- Extreme hunger or thirst
- Weight loss
- Problems with vision
- Tingling or numbness of the extremities.
- Unexplained fatigue
- Dry skin
- Cuts or sores that heal slowly
- High number of infections
Who is at greatest risk for developing diabetes?
- are 45 or over
- are overweight
- are habitually physically inactive
- have previously been identified as having IFG (impaired fasting glucose) or IGT (impaired glucose tolerance)
- have a family history of diabetes
- are members of certain ethnic groups (including Asian American, African American, Hispanic American, and Native American)
- have had gestational diabetes or have given birth to a child weighing more than 9 pounds
- have elevated blood pressure
- have an HDL cholesterol level (the good cholesterol) below 35 mg/dl and/or a triglyceride level above 250 mg/dl
- have polycystic ovary syndrome
- have a history of vascular disease
Pre-diabetes is a condition of elevated blood glucose level that has not yet reached a diabetic level. Along with insulin resistance, pre-diabetes causes no symptoms. An individual may be pre-diabetic for years without knowing it. Pre-diabetes increases your risk of developing Type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
Weight loss and exercise may halt the onset of diabetes from pre-diabetes by returning blood glucose levels to a normal range.
Diabetes is the fifth-leading cause of death by disease. Diabetes leads to the death of many people each year across the globe.
There are many kinds of conditions and symptoms that require different kinds of surgery for treatment as well as diagnostic management. One such procedure is called a laparoscopy or the laparoscopic surgery. This is a surgical diagnostic management procedure that is known to be a low risk process with minimal invasion and suitable for various types of ailments.
- Definition: A laparoscopic surgery is one where small incisions are made and an instrument called a laparoscope is used in order to take a look at the organs in the abdominal region. This tool is a long tube shaped one that comes with its own high intensity light and a high resolution camera that can easily move along the walls of the organs while the camera sends back imagery that will be displayed on a video screen in front of the doctor.
- Need for Laparoscopy: This procedure is performed when the patient complains of persistent pain that is also sharp and shooting, in the abdomen region and surrounding areas like the pelvic cavity. This non-invasive method helps in diagnosis where other imaging methods like an ultrasound and CT or MRI scans would have failed to give a conclusive reason for the pain and suffering of the patient. When these tests do not supply enough reason for proper diagnosis, then the doctors usually resort to this kind of procedure.
- The Organs it can be used for: The laparoscopic surgery can be used for many organs including the appendix as well as the gall bladder, the pelvic region and the reproductive organs, the small and large intestines, the spleen, the stomach, the liver and the pancreas.
- What all can it Detect: The laparoscopic surgery can help in detecting a number of issues including any abnormal growth or mass that may be a tumour. It can also point at the presence of any disease in the liver, as well as the proper functioning of certain treatments. Also, it can show the amount of fluid that may or may not be present in the abdominal cavity and the extent of cancer's progression in the body.
- Risks: There are a few side effects or risks of this method including fever, chills, swelling, bleeding or redness of the site where the incision was made for the surgery, and shortness of breath. All these symptoms must be reported to the doctor immediately as they may point at the presence of an infection. Also, there is a risk of organ damage in this procedure.
Very few people are lucky enough to reap the benefits of a good metabolic system. Being overweight could be a serious problem as it complicates existing health problems and can even result in unusual diseases and disorders. Cribbing about increased body weight, low energy levels and a protruding paunch is too common a phenomenon to be ignored. People try out bizarre ways to deal with an excess of adipose tissues. They, run, jog, cycle and diet. The numerous efforts made in losing weight go down the drain in most cases. The reason behind this is simple; you are not doing things the right way. Exercising in combination with a balanced diet is necessary to keep yourself fit and healthy. However, weight loss is not a silly affair without a rule book. One must keep to a set of norms to reduce weight effectively.
You may lose weight in whichever way you want but doubt remains regarding the consistency of such reduction. Weight loss could be drastic but things might revert to square one as soon as you slacken from a rigorous regimen. Try out tips that suit your subjective case and find yourself in good shape.
1. Breakfast is the most important meal of a day- Being on an empty stomach for long stretches can result in bloating. In such a situation a person feels lethargic and tends to give up after least physical exertion. If you intend to retain your appetite for dinner by skipping breakfast you are slowly moving towards obesity. Have a heavy breakfast every single day.
2. Stop being a couch potato- Sitting in front of the television set or computer screen for long hours can make you gain weight. Remind yourself to indulge in these activities in restriction.
3. Have a high- fiber diet- A high- fiber diet is good for digestive processes. It rids your body of excess gases and acids making you feel light. Such kind of food can be easily broken down to produce energy.
4. Exercise regularly or at least thrice a week- Exercising is extremely important to keep the extra kilos in check. It also adds strength to your muscles. Exercising can improve a person's mental agility as well.
5. Have four meals a day- Having small but frequent meals throughout the day is the best possible way to maintain optimal body weight. Through this practice, the body is assured of regular food supply and hence won't store fat.
Urological problems occur irrespective of gender and age. So, if you don’t want to fall victim to the problems of urinary tract infection, urinary incontinence, kidneys tones or any other urological disorder, here are a few tips that can help you improve your overall urological health.
- Water is your best friend: Water and other fluids are your best friend if you want to maintain your urological health. As you already know the main purpose of the urinary system is to cleanse your body and excrete all the waste and toxic products from your body. These toxins and waste are excreted from the body with the help of urine. So, when you increase your water intake, more and more toxins will be thrown out of your body. Doctors usually recommend having at least 8 glasses of water per day. But apart from water certain fruit juices like cranberry juice, which is excellent for urological health.
- Don’t hold your urine: There are many people who have a habit of holding back their urine. Therefore, it is important for you to know that it can do your body a lot of harm. So, when you feel the urge to go to the toilet, it is essential that empty your bladder.
- Stop having alcohol and coffee: Coffee and alcohol, both have several bad effects on your body. They act as a diuretic. These two products tend to irritate the lining of your bladder. This causes urinary incontinence and you will feel the urge to urinate more frequently.
- Reduce your intake of salt: Salt is an important seasoning and is required in every dish. Consuming it is okay but some people tend to take salt in quite higher amounts. You should never do that. This leads to the retention of water in your body. They often lead to an increase in blood pressure and also leads to kidney damage. The occurrence of kidney stones also occurs on increased salt intake. Thus, fried and canned foods should be avoided as much as possible if you want to keep the urinary tract problems at bay.
- Hygiene is very important: During intercourse, many microorganisms enter your urinary tract and they even have the potential to cause several infections. Urinary tract infections are more common in women due to the shorter length of the urethra in them. The female vagina and male groin become the hub for microorganisms. And they get transferred during sex. So, you must maintain hygiene by cleaning your private parts regularly and changing your underwear daily. Keep your genitalia clean. Wash it with a mild cleanser or even plain water would do.
These tips are very crucial and following them thoroughly will help you to maintain proper urological health. The responsibility of maintaining good health always lies in your own hands.
A problem in the nervous system which causes individuals to make sudden sounds or movements called tic is Tourette’s syndrome. These movements cannot be controlled by the patient. This syndrome usually starts in childhood and often stays in milder form for many even after they have reached adulthood. Many people can live without taking any kind of treatment for these tics, unless it really bothers them. Patients are often observed to start coughing or blinking their eyes uncontrollably when affected by this syndrome. They may be associated with obsessive-compulsive disorder.
Symptoms of Tourette’s syndrome
Tourette’s syndrome often affects children but get better as they grow up. The symptoms of this syndrome are usually so mild that often they go unnoticed. Some of the common symptoms which are observed in patients are stress, excitement and getting tired and sick which can make the problem worse. The motor tics can make the patient blink continuously, twitch their mouth, shrug their shoulder or jerk their head and arm continuously. The symptoms of vocal tics often include yelping and barking, coughing, grunting or repeating something someone else has said, continuously. Shouting, swearing, and sniffing are also some of the vocal tics which may be caused by the Tourette’s syndrome.
What Causes the Problem?
This syndrome usually affects certain parts of the brain like the basal ganglia which control every other movement of the body. Trouble in the brain network is often suggested as the reason behind Tourette’s syndrome. A definite answer to why the problem occurs has not been established by experts yet, however, genes are believed to play a vital role in causing Tourette’s syndrome. People who have family members suffering from this problem are often at risk of being affected by the syndrome. However, the symptoms may vary from one person to another.
Treatment for Tourette’s syndrome
If you suspect your child of having Tourette’s syndrome, then a neurologist should be seen immediately. No special tests are held for the condition; however, imaging tests of your brain may be carried out by your doctor. CT scan and MRI are often suggested. Doctors may often recommend medications like Haloperidol, fluphenazine and pimozide among others to control these tics. However, very often the tics are very mild and do not need any medication at all.
A talk therapy along with ongoing medications might also be required for some patients as the psychologist may help your child in dealing with social issues which can be caused by these uncontrollable tics. Along with that, behavior therapy may also come in use for many.
Proper and sound hearing is essential for a healthy living. If you are suffering from lack or loss of hearing, chances are that you are missing out on life itself. Therefore it is imperative that you undergo treatments in case you are suffering from any kind of hearing ailment. There are various reasons that contribute to loss of hearing. Some of the common causes are-
2. Increasing noise
3. Genetically inherited
Over the years various surgical and non-surgical methods have surfaced that repair hear loss and damage. Among the other branches of medicines, Ayurveda is the eldest and ancient method. It uses natural herbs in order to correct and treat hearing loss. This has proved to be extremely beneficial and potent and it cures hearing ailments by various natural methods. Some of them are:
1. Lukewarm mustard oil or sesame oil
If you are suffering from earache or loss in hearing, try putting a few drops of warm mustard oil and sesame oil in your ear and hold it with index fingers. At the same time store the air in your mouth and let your cheeks contract and bulge for a minute or so. This ayurvedic tip considerably improves hearing and reduces ear pain.
2. Radish juice and sesame oil
If you are suffering from sores and hearing problems, a mixture of the two can be beneficial. In this method, a small quantity of radish juice should be boiled with a small quantity of sesame oil until the juice absorbs the oil. This mixture should be administered twice a day in order to experience the results.
3. Applewood oil
A variety of ingredients are required in order to create the resultant oil. Initially, cow's urine should be boiled and the applewood powder must be added to it. This mixture should then be filtered and further added with sesame and goat's milk. This concoction then should be boiled and the resultant oil should be stored and applied with cotton daily. This improves hearing a great deal.
4. Mixture of neem and turmeric
In this method turmeric and neem leaves are boiled together. The steam should be taken as well as the water must be applied on the ears and surrounding areas. This has proved to be an extremely effective remedy in treating puss in the ears and consequent hearing loss.
5. Mixture of radish juice, turmeric, sesame oil and ajwain seeds
All these ingredients must be taken in selective quantities and boiled to get the resultant oil. This oil must be stored and used to treat hearing loss and other ear diseases.
Somatic symptom disorder is when you put so much focus on symptoms such as pain or fatigue that you have trouble functioning or experience severe emotional distress. You will be visiting the doctor a lot, completely unnecessarily and will waste a lot of money when you have no major health concerns. However, there are treatments which can help you cope with this problem. Read further to find out what they are:
1. Worrying excessively about an illness which has not yet occurred
2. Frequent health care visits
3. Fear of physical activity damaging your body
4. Fearing that the evaluation of doctors is not adequate
There are many more symptoms which may indicate that you are suffering from somatic symptom disorder. However, the most important way of telling whether someone is suffering from somatic symptom disorder or not is to see whether the patient is overly worried about a physical problem which has not yet occurred. One of the first steps in making sure that this does not happen is finding out what causes the problem and preventing it. Here are the causes of somatic symptom disorder.
As with other psychological disorders, the exact cause of somatic symptom disorder is not yet known. However, there are a number of factors which may increase the risk of it. Here they are.
1. Genetic and biological factors
These, as well as an increased sensitivity to pain, are some of the factors which you have no control over.
2. The environment you grew up in
Just like the genes you have, the environment you grew up in and your family influence will have a major impact on whether you develop the condition as well.
3. Problems processing emotions
When people have problems processing emotions, their physical symptoms seem like a bigger problem than they actually are.
Luckily, there are treatments for this disorder as well. They include.
Psychotherapy is the most common treatment used to help people with somatic symptom disorder.
Since depression and pain often occur when a person is suffering from somatic symptom disorder, antidepressants can be given as well.
We have often heard that prevention is better than cure. After all, who would want to spend time being sick, if it can be avoided and no day ever needs to be a washout. Well, it can be said that as long as a person is willing to put in a little effort, there can be dividends in the form of not having to pay multiple visits to the doctor. Let’s find out how exactly to go about practising preventive health care.
- Quit smoking: As it says on the packets of cigarettes, it has been proven beyond any shadow of a doubt that smoking is injurious to health. As a matter of fact, the habit of smoking can not only lead to cancer as it is most commonly associated with but also result in other ill conditions and diseases. Quitting smoking is indeed the most important tenet of preventive health.
- Sleep well: Many people think that the practice of sleeping enough for adequate health is overrated, but it is just so very important. A number of people are putting their health in jeopardy in the long run by not making the right choice of prioritising sleep over other activities. There are various risks a person exposes himself or herself to by not getting enough sleep. Inadequate sleep does not provide the body with the amount of rest that is needed for it to repair, heal and start afresh.
- Cut down on alcohol: Alcohol is something that is enjoyable as long as the limits regarding the consumption of it are maintained. A general rule is that no man should be having more than two drinks a day and a woman should not go beyond a drink. When these limits are not paid heed to, the risk of some life-threatening diseases such as cancers as well as liver cirrhosis spikes.
- Follow proper diet and exercise: While it is true that degeneration of the joints of a person over the course of time is an inevitability, there is a lot that can be done by a person who wants to avoid the prospect of having his or her quality of life compromised by arthritis. Following a strict diet, avoiding fast food and drinking plenty of water helps in keeping yourself healthy. Similarly, regular workout and exercising prevents a person from being overweight, which makes a substantial difference in fighting arthritis!