Doctor in Dr Anshika Leki's Clinic
Submit a review for Dr Anshika Leki's ClinicYour feedback matters!
I have 7 months baby. I had got my period last month on 5.10.18, but this month I am nt getting my period till now. I already checked through pregnancy kit, but it was negative. So I am little worried bcz of my period. Can you help me.
Kidney stones are the result of a buildup of dissolved minerals on the inner lining of the kidneys. Kidney stones that remain inside the body can also lead to many complications, including blockage of the the tube connecting the kidney to the bladder, which obstructs the path that urine uses to leave the body.
There are cardio procedures like angioplasty and angiography where there are radiations exposure and may seem expensive to many patients too. However, W Pratiksa Hospital has come up with an advanced set up of interventional cardiology which can benefit many.
There have been numerous kinds and types of medications for treating and preventing hair loss. However, homeopathy has proven to be amazing without causing any side effects.
Ayurvedic is the most ancient form of treatment. Over the years, It has evolved and can now cure almost every disease with sheer efficiency. Ayurvedic medicines are made of natural ingredients. It helps to root out the disease without causing any side effects.
I'm 28. Hvng pcod n on pills. I always ruminate about things of future. I hv hirsutism fr which I'm getting electrolysis done. N I hv to get it done upto July but my marriage is in March. Im worried dat what if dey find out all dis. What if I couldn't able to manage. What if d consequences will turn worse?
Hello doctors, I am a 33 years old lady and mother of 2. Since 1 and half years I feel itching in my full body and due to this I am not able to concentrate to anything. Since few days I am feeling too much itching in Vagina and Anus as well and its not tolerable now. I have constipation issues since my childhood but this itching issue has started since 2 years. Could you please suggest what can be the issue and where I can get treated in Pune, India? Thanks in advance.
My age is 24 and Yesterday at 1 pm I had unprotected sex with my bf and today morning I had confirmed my pregnancy through preganews test kit, my test result was negative. I don't want to be pregnant. So please tell now should I take any medicine like i-pill? Or not ya further should I check my pregnancy test?
A common skin condition, which causes the discoloration of your skin in patches across the face, melasma is more of a social embarrassment and cause for distress rather than being a serious condition. Although it affects men as well, studies have shown that over 90 percent of patients are women. It is also known as the mask of pregnancy as many pregnant women develop this skin condition.
Causes of Melasma
Primary causes of melasma have been attributed to various hormonal changes within the body. Let's look at some of the factors that may cause this disorder:
- Pregnancy: This is often attributed as the leading cause of melasma, the primary cause has often been attributed to hormonal changes that a woman may experience due to pregnancy.
- Treatments that may change hormonal balance: Women on contraceptive pills or who have implants such as intrauterine devices may also develop this disorder. This is due to the balance of estrogen and progesterone being changed within the body.
- Sun exposure: Continued sun exposure may also lead to melasma. This is due to the activation of melanocytes within the body which starts producing more melanin.
- Stress: Long periods of stress on the body can also trigger hormonal changes and cause melasma.
- Thyroid problems: If someone suffers from Hypothyroidism or low levels of the thyroid hormone, it can trigger other hormonal changes and also cause this skin disorder.
It has also been noticed that people with generally a darker skin tone tend to get melasma and it is less common in people with fairer skin.
Certain characteristics of Melasma
Melasma develops in certain patterns which can be easily diagnosed either as spots on the skin similar to freckles or brown patches of skin that grow bigger. Some of these patterns are:
- Malar pattern: This grows on the nose and cheeks
- Mandibular pattern: Starts growing around the jawline
- Brachial melasma: This grows on the upper arms and shoulders
- Lateral cheek pattern: Grows on the cheek on both sides of the face
- Centrofacial pattern: Nose, upper lips, forehead, and cheeks
Treatment of Melasma
Most women who develop melasma during pregnancy report that it goes away after childbirth. However certain forms of melasma may appear in non-pregnant women due to hormonal changes. Treating the underlying hormonal changes usually, resolves the problem. However certain other methods may be required to resolve the issues such as skin creams, chemical peels, dermabrasion, and microdermabrasion.